Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Is this a vetoable trade?

Team A gives Ronnie Brown, Hines Ward, Miles Austin and VJAX Team B gives Wayne,Ryan Mathews,Sidney Rice,and Maroney?????

I dont get it

This is a 12 team PPR league

Team A has gore mccoy and ronnie brown...If he traded mccoy instead of brown then it would have been even to a degree...Rice will be back week 8 where Vjax will prob miss remainder of season...thoughts?

Maybe Team A just doesn't trust an injury prone Ronnie Brown, and really likes Matthews.

Maybe Team B really doesn't like Wayne this year (neither do I), and wants Austin instead.

Maybe Team B thinks Jackson won't be out the entire season, and thinks he'll get a steal by giving up a receiver that definitely will be out at least half the year.

No veto.

1. This isn't a lopsided trade.

2. Even if it was a lopsided trade, collusion is still the only reason to veto.

I agree with KSB. Who is getting the better deal here?

And that's besides the point really. You only veto if there's collusion.

lopsided? i see a swap of puzzle pieces with similar players:

brown (conservative) for matthews (aggressive). brown was the #2 FF RB in the league when he went down last season. matthews is in a great situation with a great skillset.

wayne (conservative) for austin (aggressive). both tier 1 guys, both with some question marks--was austin a 1 season wonder? has wayne been a wonder for too many seasons?

VJAX for rice. both players are going to miss substantial time, and both might be lost as serious FF producers for the season. push.

so the only real question is maroney for hines ward. this is the best kind of trade, because both teams are trying to improve in different ways. team B gets ward--a conservative move for a solid PPR player. team A gets maroney, who put up serious points in the second half of last season.

how anyone could look at this as a particularly lopsided trade, much less a potentially veto-able trade, is beyond me.

Looks like a very well thought out and even trade. Both owners are probably happy about it, and excited about how it will improve their team.

So in that case, to be fair to every other owner, you should probably veto the trade.... :cheers:

First of all, any league that allows trade vetoes should be disbanded. 2nd, this is an incredibly even trade. 3rd, your a douche and a cry baby.

First of all, any league that allows trade vetoes should be disbanded. 2nd, this is an incredibly even trade. 3rd, your a douche and a cry baby.

Agreed, except it's "you're".

1. This isn't a lopsided trade.

2. Even if it was a lopsided trade, collusion is still the only reason to veto.

:pointstosky:

Team A gives Ronnie Brown, Hines Ward, Miles Austin and VJAX Team B gives Wayne,Ryan Mathews,Sidney Rice,and Maroney?????

I dont get it

This is a 12 team PPR league

Team A has gore mccoy and ronnie brown...If he traded mccoy instead of brown then it would have been even to a degree...Rice will be back week 8 where Vjax will prob miss remainder of season...thoughts?

How is this lopsided??? GET A CLUE.

No such thing as a vetoable trade - ESPECIALLY before the season starts! Is someone intentionally tanking their season a week before the first kickoff?? Just because you wouldn't personally make that trade doesn't make it vetoable. Wow.

No way in hell is that a fair trade.

Veto it immediately !!!

Throw out Jackson, Rice, and Maroney as speculative garbage.

It's a RB2, WR2, and WR1 for a WR1, RB1/2. Very even trade.

I'm still trying to figure which side I like better.

:thumbsup:

veto your life :banana:

:overhead:

Could be a long year for you dude if you are whining about that.

:banana:

No such thing as a vetoable trade - ESPECIALLY before the season starts! Is someone intentionally tanking their season a week before the first kickoff?? Just because you wouldn't personally make that trade doesn't make it vetoable. Wow.

POW!!!

OP should be punched in the face infront of his family. How the hell could he even consider this a vetoable trade?

:pointstosky:

im just ###### curious as to how switching Mccoy for Brown makes it more fair?

I have Mccoy and Ronnie ranked right next to each other exactly in a ppr

OP is a douche, obviously, he wont even step back in here

:lol:

I heart you guys.....:wub:

COLLUSION!!!! :mad:

This thread has some good stuff!

I wonder what the OP is thinking when he reads the responses.

Please check back with us and let us know :doublethumbsup:

You know what you have to do.

Find out where each owner lives.

Kill their pets.

Have sex with their furniture.

Have sex with dead pets.

Burn their house down to the ground.

Now it's time to get angry and do something about the trade.

I'm still trying to figure which side I like better. :unsure:

Seriously, I stared at the opening post for about 3 minutes trying to figure out which side was supposed to be lopsided. I'm still not sure which team is getting the better deal. :dunno:

Also, if you're the commish, the ONLY reason to veto a trade is clear collusion. People get ripped off all the time, it's part of the fun of the game. So wash the sand out of your vag1na and try to relax a bit.