Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

No, it isn't.

Zimmerman is not part of a formal town watch. He called the cops to report a suspicious person - what made Martin suspicious? Who knows. Against the advice of the police he stalked Martin, initiating a confrontation, then shot him dead. I'm not calling for the lynch mon, but if you don't think he should stand trial then God help you. :dunno:

It isn't fact until what al sharpton has to say has been translated.

I dont need talking heads like Al and Rush telling me whats wrong with the USA. I already know. It's sheep like you.

Zimmerman is not part of a formal town watch. He called the cops to report a suspicious person - what made Martin suspicious? Who knows. Against the advice of the police he stalked Martin, initiating a confrontation, then shot him dead. I'm not calling for the lynch mon, but if you don't think he should stand trial then God help you. :dunno:

/thread

Zimmerman is not part of a formal town watch. He called the cops to report a suspicious person - what made Martin suspicious? Who knows.

Maybe what made Trayvon suspicious was that he was inside a gated community which means he had to jump a fence to enter said community and would trespassing. That is just a guess though.

Maybe what made Trayvon suspicious was that he was inside a gated community which means he had to jump a fence to enter said community and would trespassing. That is just a guess though.

Dude, do you really not see that you are reaching for ANYTHING to excuse what this Zimmerman guy did? You are so determined to excuse murder/manslaughter that you've crossed over in to the absurd.

Why? Why are you so determined that this crime go unpunished, or untried at the very least?

I say we let the investigation play out, and if there is enough evidence to go to trial it goes to trial. If the evidence supports Zimmerman's account, no trial.

Or as a 3rd option, if the evidence supports Zimmerman's account it goes to trial anyway to appease Al Sharpton and Louis Farakhan. That would be a great use of taxpayer dollars.

/thread

:rolleyes:

If this Zimmerman was just wanting to stalk and kill this kid, how did the kid not only get the drop on THE GUY WITH A GUN, but beat his ass too, all before he was shot???

I dont need talking heads like Al and Rush telling me whats wrong with the USA. I already know. It's sheep like you.

I blame metallica

Dude, do you really not see that you are reaching for ANYTHING to excuse what this Zimmerman guy did? You are so determined to excuse murder/manslaughter that you've crossed over in to the absurd.

Why? Why are you so determined that this crime go unpunished, or untried at the very least?

LMAO. I am not reaching for ANYTHING. I have no dog in this hunt, so it really doesn't matter to me how this turns out. I would just like to know the truth since it has dominated the news lately.

If it is found out that this Zimmerman just murdered this kid without justification, then I do hope he is punished. So your assumption is wrong.

It is just like always with you liberals on here. How dare anyone not believe the same focking way you do. :rolleyes:

Why do refuse to look at anything that might make Zimmerman not look like a total POS??? Why are you determined to see him fry without KNOWING all the facts???

If you go back, you can see in the begining of all of this, I was all on board with Zimmerman just murdered this kid and was a POS.

However, new facts have came out since then. Just because I am willing to consider them, doesn't make me absurd. THat is just you tyring to silence voices you do not agree with. THe new MO for the left. If you disagree, you are a wacko and absurd.

Martin was visiting his father and his father's fiance and Zimmerman never said or had any reason to think he hopped a gate. Zimmerman also had a long history of finding people "suspicious" - he made about 50 of those calls in the last year, including one time he reported a 7 year old walking around. Suspiciously. :rolleyes:

Martin was visiting his father and his father's fiance and Zimmerman never said or had any reason to think he hopped a gate. Zimmerman also had a long history of finding people "suspicious" - he made about 50 of those calls in the last year, including one time he reported a 7 year old walking around. Suspiciously. :rolleyes:

My bad. Gated communities must be something different down there than gated communities here in Southern Indiana. Here in southern Indiana, a gated community is place you can live that is surrounded by a gate to keep people who don't live there out.

I have heard that stuff about him calling the cops many many times and I can see that making it look like Zimmerman is a bit overzealous.

Sharpton will get to the bottom of this. If we learned anything from the Tawana Brawley case, it's that Sharpton puts the truth before anything else. :thumbsup:

My bad. Gated communities must be something different down there than gated communities here in Southern Indiana. Here in southern Indiana, a gated community is place you can live that is surrounded by a gate to keep people who don't live there out.

I have heard that stuff about him calling the cops many many times and I can see that making it look like Zimmerman is a bit overzealous.

I honestly don't know what the gated community bit meant, but it wasn't like Martin was wandering through for no reason. The kid's dad lived there and he was visiting. Either way, Zimmerman didn't see him hop a gate and had no reason to think he was suspicious.

Again, I'm not saying it's time to throw the book at this guy, but I don't see how you don't make him stand trial, given that his bizarre actions culminated in his shooting an unarmed man.

I honestly don't know what the gated community bit meant, but it wasn't like Martin was wandering through for no reason. The kid's dad lived there and he was visiting. Either way, Zimmerman didn't see him hop a gate and had no reason to think he was suspicious.

Again, I'm not saying it's time to throw the book at this guy, but I don't see how you don't make him stand trial, given that his bizarre actions culminated in his shooting an unarmed man.

Well, it looks like we are not all that far apart on this after all.

I say we let the investigation play out, and if there is enough evidence to go to trial it goes to trial. If the evidence supports Zimmerman's account, no trial.

Or as a 3rd option, if the evidence supports Zimmerman's account it goes to trial anyway to appease Al Sharpton and Louis Farakhan. That would be a great use of taxpayer dollars.

Sure, we can let it play out...but you forgot the option of...the cops screwed it all up from the get go and a lot of good ol boy network is going on down there to cover up their screwup.

Sure, we can let it play out...but you forgot the option of...the cops screwed it all up from the get go and a lot of good ol boy network is going on down there to cover up their screwup.

Apparently you are ignorant of the fact the DOJ and others are looking at this beyond the local cops.

Thanks for showing up to expose your ignorance. We've missed ya. :lol:

Sharpton will get to the bottom of this. If we learned anything from the Tawana Brawley case, it's that Sharpton puts the truth before anything else. :thumbsup:

Shoop's going back 25 years to make his point now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently you are ignorant of the fact the DOJ and others are looking at this beyond the local cops.

Thanks for showing up to expose your ignorance. We've missed ya. :lol:

And I did not miss a thing...you are still the same simpleton doosh you have always been.

BTW...yes, we can play it out...and it still ignores other things...nothing you posted refutes what I stated...but keep trying.

Glad to see you never change.

Sometimes when there's smoke there's fire; other times when there's smoke, it's just Al Sharpton blowing smoke. Sharpton does have a history of getting his face on the TV camera over nonsense, but it certainly like he is onto something legitimate here.

Wow, you have no idea how the system works, do you?

First of all, someone who is arrested for a crime is considered innocent at trial until proven guilty. But if they want to avoid a trial in the first place, they have to convince the prosecutor that there is a good reason to not bring charges. It's an informal process and in one sense, yes, you are proving your innocence or at least giving the prosecutor a good reason to believe that they can not or should not obtain a conviction against you.

Second of all, if you assert self-defense generally that is an affirmative defense and YOU have to prove it. The State doesn't have to disprove it--you have to affirmatively establish that you did act in self-defense. Now the law may actually be different in Florida because of that absurd Stand Your Ground Law. I don't really know. But even if it is, I would still charge him to highlight how absurd the law is. Some things are worth taking a stand on.

The prosecutor needs to be convinced by evidence gathered by the police if to proceed with bringing charges. Strike one.

You don't have to prove your innocence to avoid charges. The prosecutor needs to be convinced of your guilt. If the case is dismissed, you can't refile, or double jeopardy is invoked. Strike two.

In Florida, you don't have to prove your self defense, Florida has to prove otherwise. Strike three.

Some things are worth taking a stand on? That's malicious persecution and the defense can bring a lawsuit against your candy ass. How about we arrest everybody under suspicion for any crime, send them to a death camp where they can break rocks with a hammer all day. Then, if they prove their innocence two years later, it won't be like you just sent an innocent man to prison for two years on a whim. Strike four.

The guy stalked and then shot an unarmed minor who was pleading for his life - of course there's enough evidence to go to trial. Then he's "innocent until proven guilty."

There is a boatload of disagreement as to those circumstances. Much like Obama sticking his foot in his mouth before knowing the facts of the racist professor and the cop responding to a burglary threat up in New England. When you assume, it makes an ass out of you.

The people who take the phone calls, the dispatchers, are not police. They are private citizens answering phones. So, if we are to believe the audio file, despite the best advise of what we can describe as a telemarketer with little understanding of the circumstances, somebody acted in their own best interests.

So, the dead moron did not live in a private housing area, a gated community. He was at best a guest and at face value a trespasser. The shooter had every right to be suspicious. If the punk was wearing a hoodie, then he was concealing his identity because that's what hoodies are designed to do, thwart the police. The kid was asking for trouble.

The people who take the phone calls, the dispatchers, are not police. They are private citizens answering phones. So, if we are to believe the audio file, despite the best advise of what we can describe as a telemarketer with little understanding of the circumstances, somebody acted in their own best interests.

Not sure where you are from, but every place that I have lived, the dispatchers are police. I think that you mean the 911 operators are not police.

Oh, and you are a complete nut.

Not sure where you are from, but every place that I have lived, the dispatchers are police. I think that you mean the 911 operators are not police.

Oh, and you are a complete nut.

Yeah, the stupid broads answering the phones. They are not cops.

Why am I a nut? I'm a thinking man and a defender of the rights of all citizens per the Constitution.

Yeah, the stupid broads answering the phones. They are not cops.

Why am I a nut? I'm a thinking man and a defender of the rights of all citizens per the Constitution.

You have been talking crazy (crazier?) over the last 6 months. Not sure if it is schtick or you have gone off the deep end (deeper end?). :dunno:

So, the dead moron did not live in a private housing area, a gated community. He was at best a guest and at face value a trespasser. The shooter had every right to be suspicious. If the punk was wearing a hoodie, then he was concealing his identity because that's what hoodies are designed to do, thwart the police. The kid was asking for trouble.

:rolleyes:

Facts are a necessary thing.

More info: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him.

Zimmerman told police he shot the teenager in self-defense.

Civil rights leaders and thousands of others have demanded Zimmerman's arrest, calling Trayvon a victim of racial profiling and Zimmerman a vigilante.

Trayvon was an unarmed black teenager who had committed no crime, they say, who was gunned down while walking back from a 7-Eleven with nothing more sinister than a package of Skittles and can of Arizona iced tea.

Supporters have held rallies in Sanford, Miami, New York and Tallahassee, calling the case a tragic miscarriage of injustice.

Activist Al Sharpton headlined a rally in Sanford Thursday that drew an estimated 8,000 people. The Rev. Jesse Jackson yesterday spoke at an Eatonville church, where he called Trayvon a martyr.

Another rally is scheduled for 4 p.m. today in Sanford.

Zimmerman has gone into hiding. A fringe group, the New Black Panthers, have offered a $10,000 reward for his capture.

Police have been reluctant to provided details about all their evidence, but this is what they've disclosed to the Sentinel:

Zimmerman was on his way to the grocery store when he spotted Trayvon walking through his gated community.

Trayvon was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.

Zimmerman called police and reported a suspicious person, describing Trayvon as black, acting strangely and perhaps on drugs.

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there's been a dispute about from whom they came: Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witnesses, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aid, but he said no to going to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

The Department of Justice last week opened a civil rights investigation into what happened, and Gov. Rick Scott appointed a special prosecutor.

It's not clear whether the special prosecutor, Angela Corey, the state attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties, will have Zimmerman arrested, announce that there's not enough evidence to file a manslaughter charge or present evidence to a grand jury.

Facts are a necessary thing.

:thumbsup:

Nobody has a clue what really happened, but lots of people sure have an opinion.

Sure, believe whatever the media feeds you...you people are like sheep. :wave:

Hey, where did everybody go? I was right. Who wants to give me a high five? Hellooooooooo?

:selfhighfive:

phillybear wins again. phillybear wins again. :pointstosky:

You have been talking crazy (crazier?) over the last 6 months. Not sure if it is schtick or you have gone off the deep end (deeper end?). :dunno:

People weren't paying attention to him so he dialed it up in the hopes of garnering more responses.

Why does this kid look 12 years old in the pic they keep showing ?

Easier to instigate the race war?

:unsure: