Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

People weren't paying attention to him so he dialed it up in the hopes of garnering more responses.

I'm going to spend the next week wiping my ass with poison oak, then bestow upon you the privilege of licking my turdcutter spotless.

This isn't a political thing RP, so stop trying to make it into one. :thumbsdown:

Bump.

Still waiting for you to show me where I said anything political in this thread.

Yeah, the stupid broads answering the phones. They are not cops.

Why am I a nut? I'm a thinking man and a defender of the rights of all citizens per the Constitution.

Certified by the FDLE. You would fail the test given every 2 years to keep the certification. You're a moron.

Easier to instigate the race war?

:unsure:

Not followed too closely - any report on how big the kid actually was? To me, the Zimmerman dude is actually the shady looking one here - dude looks like a perv who someone would call the cops on.

Certified by the FDLE. You would fail the test given every 2 years to keep the certification. You're a moron.

You are way more into conspiracy than I am, sweetie.

I simply defended the rights of Zimmerman and called out that punk Travfag, go find another one in this thread doing the same. The facts are finally coming out and Zimmerman is a hero. He took a beating from a drug out freak, and heroically shot the focker. Key to the city for the Zim dog. And witnesses Yo. Yahtzee!!

Facts are a necessary thing.

More info: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him.

Zimmerman told police he shot the teenager in self-defense.

Civil rights leaders and thousands of others have demanded Zimmerman's arrest, calling Trayvon a victim of racial profiling and Zimmerman a vigilante.

Trayvon was an unarmed black teenager who had committed no crime, they say, who was gunned down while walking back from a 7-Eleven with nothing more sinister than a package of Skittles and can of Arizona iced tea.

Supporters have held rallies in Sanford, Miami, New York and Tallahassee, calling the case a tragic miscarriage of injustice.

Activist Al Sharpton headlined a rally in Sanford Thursday that drew an estimated 8,000 people. The Rev. Jesse Jackson yesterday spoke at an Eatonville church, where he called Trayvon a martyr.

Another rally is scheduled for 4 p.m. today in Sanford.

Zimmerman has gone into hiding. A fringe group, the New Black Panthers, have offered a $10,000 reward for his capture.

Police have been reluctant to provided details about all their evidence, but this is what they've disclosed to the Sentinel:

Zimmerman was on his way to the grocery store when he spotted Trayvon walking through his gated community.

Trayvon was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.

Zimmerman called police and reported a suspicious person, describing Trayvon as black, acting strangely and perhaps on drugs.

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there's been a dispute about from whom they came: Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witnesses, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aid, but he said no to going to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

The Department of Justice last week opened a civil rights investigation into what happened, and Gov. Rick Scott appointed a special prosecutor.

It's not clear whether the special prosecutor, Angela Corey, the state attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties, will have Zimmerman arrested, announce that there's not enough evidence to file a manslaughter charge or present evidence to a grand jury.

Zimmerman will recieve a call from Obama any day now.

Not followed too closely - any report on how big the kid actually was? To me, the Zimmerman dude is actually the shady looking one here - dude looks like a perv who someone would call the cops on.

Dunno but supposedly he played football. The media seems to be only posting old photos of him that make him look like an angel and incapable of defending someone the size of Zimmerman. Not saying he wasn't. It just seems like they're going out of their way to make him look blameless and he may not be.

To be televised live on BET, Telemundo, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, blah blah blah

Report I read today was 6'3" 150lbs. Zimmerman listed as 5'9" 200+lbs.

The article above is interesting in that Zimmerman says he was going back to his truck...but the reports on the 911 calls I have read dispute that in that he was following Martin the whole time and approached him.

Report I read today was 6'3" 150lbs. Zimmerman listed as 5'9" 200+lbs.

The article above is interesting in that Zimmerman says he was going back to his truck...but the reports on the 911 calls I have read dispute that in that he was following Martin the whole time and approached him.

He followed him "the whole time" despite a 1 minute gap.

Gotcha.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

The new information is the most complete version yet of what Zimmerman claims happened on the night of Feb. 26 when he shot and killed the teenager.

In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. He was not arrested.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-shooter-told-cops-teenager-went-gun-030349812--abc-news.html

I also read that his mom is trademarking "I am Trayvon" and other stuff..

This is going to be bad

He should. The only thing he's good at is apologizing.

Just wait until you see the more recent pics of Trayvon, AKA No Limit Nigga.

Just wait until you see the more recent pics of Trayvon, AKA No Limit Nigga.

Or that they keep showing an arrest picture of zimmerman from a while ago

Or that they keep showing an arrest picture of zimmerman from a while ago

EXACTLY.

Looks like Zimmerman was expelled from Seminloe State College over this too.

Right after the election.......he will have more flexibility.

waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than unsuspecting souls can fathom

but very few listen

Zimmerman is protected under the Stand Your Ground law in Florida. I'm quietly rooting for he and the police on this. I'm tired of the race baiting.

obviously some of you have a hard time with common sense.

let me help you with facts not assumptions:

However, he had recently been suspended from school for five days for tardiness, his English teacher, Michelle Kypriss, told the Orlando Sentinel. School officials did not respond to a request for comment.

Martin's father was not happy and grounded the teen for the duration of the suspension.

fyi, trayvon was on the honor roll and took 3 aerospace technology courses. please stop trying to make trayvon into a thug and recognize that an injustice has occurred. accept it.

SANFORD, Fla. — Trayvon Martin had been suspended from school for marijuana when the unarmed teenager was shot to death by a neighborhood watch volunteer, a family spokesman said Monday.

You were saying peenie.....

ETA: My link

Zimmerman is protected under the Stand Your Ground law in Florida. I'm quietly rooting for he and the police on this. I'm tired of the race baiting.

You libs are out of control. :wave:

Zimmerman is protected under the Stand Your Ground law in Florida.

Looks that way. This is exactly the grey-area situation critics debated before the law passed.

Stupid law, perhaps.

Stupid teenage kid, probably.

Stupid neighborhood watch dude, definitely!

Trifecta stupid!!! :banana:

So now it comes out that trayvon jumped him, why couldn't te guy just leave him alone?

It's the perfect storm of stupid

So now it comes out that trayvon jumped him, why couldn't te guy just leave him alone?

Can we dig him up and shoot him again?

So basically all of the typical retards jumped the gun on what they thought they knew. Shocking.

Duke Lacrosse Team says hi.

So basically all of the typical retards jumped the gun on what they thought they knew. Shocking.

Duke Lacrosse Team says hi.

I knew I should have peenied this thread.

The only person saying Trayvon jumped him was the guy who killed him. No one knows for sure what happened.

Even so, if some guy was following me and I decided to turn around and stab him in the eye with my keys because he was following me, does that make it OK if he then proceeded to kill me in "self defense"?

There is clearly one person at fault here and it was the guy that decided to take the law into his own hands and stalk someone walking down the street because he assumed he was a criminal and didn't belong there.

The only person saying Trayvon jumped him was the guy who killed him. No one knows for sure what happened.

Even so, if some guy was following me and I decided to turn around and stab him in the eye with my keys because he was following me, does that make it OK if he then proceeded to kill me in "self defense"?

There is clearly one person at fault here and it was the guy that decided to take the law into his own hands and stalk someone walking down the street because he assumed he was a criminal and didn't belong there.

You forgot about the eyewitness accounts that collaborate his story. <_<

You're not justified in using force just because someone is following you. I know it's all cool to see some action star do it in the movies but it's not legal. So yeah, if you turned around and stabbed someone just because they were following you they'd be justified in using force back and it would be self defense. The level of force allowed may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction but in this case it appears that deadly force may be allowed.

Corroborate.

Stop.

Corroborate and listen. :banana:

You forgot about the eyewitness accounts that collaborate his story. <_<

I am unaware of an eye witness account that saw how the entire altercation started.

We do have someone who was on the phone with Trayvon at the time and who is also willing to testify that Zimmerman approached Trayvon.

Then we have Zimmerman saying Trayvon jumped him.

BTW, Nikki and anyone else who thinks this guy should have been arrested on the spot, Florida has a law that says you CAN'T arrest someone if they've used legally allowable force:

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.032.html

If they had arrested him they could have been in violation of this law and, if he was determined to have been using justifiable force, they'd be liable for his legal fees. Again, better to wait until the investigation is complete than subject yourself to unnecessary and expensive lawsuits.

I am unaware of an eye witness account that saw how the entire altercation started.

We do have someone who was on the phone with Trayvon at the time and who is also willing to testify that Zimmerman approached Trayvon.

There are eyewitnesses who back up the guys story.

The girlfriend angle is awkward, what kind of thug calls his girl when someone is following him

Find out the real reason for his suspension

The two stock photos they're using are 4+ years old

This story screams of the media getting everyone riled up while some poor kid is shot dead.

This is going to be a bad one

http://www.newsmax.com/US/trayvon-martin-zimmerman-killing/2012/03/26/id/433912

The Sentinel reports that one witness told police he was certain he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Martin on top, pounding him.

Zimmerman shot Martin once in the chest “at very close range,” police told the Sentinel. When they arrived, they found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and head. He was treated at the scene but refused to go to the hospital.