Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Tim Tebow traded to the Jets

Per Jay Glazer on via Twitter. The Jets sent two picks -- a fourth-rounder and sixth-rounder in 2012 -- to the Denver Broncos in exchange for a seventh-round selection.

As if that team wasn't enough of a circus already.

Yup. The last thing that franchise needed was more controversy around the QB position. They wont win 6 games this year.

As if that team wasn't enough of a circus already.

Maybe they think Tebow will stabilize the bad locker room.

Maybe they think Tebow will stabilize the bad locker room.

By causing a QB controversy from Day 1? If Tebow is the guy to stabilize the locker room, why extend Sanchez for five years?

Rediculous. I hate tebow

Per Jay Glazer on via Twitter. 4th round pick was sent to Denver...

It's actually being reported as Tebow and 7th round pick in 2012 in exchange for a 4th and 6th in 2012.

i was intent on purchasing a tebow jersey from his next destination, but i really hate the jets. so, i don't think i can do it. guess i'll look for a tebow bronco jersey to wear to bronco games. i don't see how this will work out well for tebow. ryan is a doooshbag.

Rex likes his feet.

:lol:

This is going to be very entertaining. And I thought he was a lock to end up down in Florida somewhere.

I can't wait until Sanchez's first bad game. Shouldn't have to wait long. :banana:

:lol:

This is going to be very entertaining. And I thought he was a lock to end up down in Florida somewhere.

I can't wait until Sanchez's first bad game. Shouldn't have to wait long. :banana:

That's the danger with Tebow. The reality is that it's absolutely a no-win with Tebow. If your starting QB is worse than Tebow and you're considering him an upgrade, you're in really serious trouble. If you bring him in behind an established, but not franchise QB, his idiotic, rabid fans will be chanting for him from day one the 1st bad game your QB has, oh boy lookout. If you bring him in to backup a franchise QB, are you really gonna pull that franchise QB off the field even for a few plays to get Tim and keep his fans happy? Do you really want to rely on him if that franchise QB goes down? The only hope is to convert him to TE or H-back or something. Otherwise he has to be a system where he's like the starting QB, and there just aren't any.

That's the danger with Tebow. The reality is that it's absolutely a no-win with Tebow. If your starting QB is worse than Tebow and you're considering him an upgrade, you're in really serious trouble. If you bring him in behind an established, but not franchise QB, his idiotic, rabid fans will be chanting for him from day one the 1st bad game your QB has, oh boy lookout. If you bring him in to backup a franchise QB, are you really gonna pull that franchise QB off the field even for a few plays to get Tim and keep his fans happy? Do you really want to rely on him if that franchise QB goes down? The only hope is to convert him to TE or H-back or something. Otherwise he has to be a system where he's like the starting QB, and there just aren't any.

Add in Rex Ryan's mouth to the equation, and all this going down in the country's largest media market. Man, I haven't been this excited since TO went to the Parcells Cowboys.

My popcorn is ready.

Do you think the when the Jets do their touchdown dance that Tebow would take offense that the players are making Jesus do plane noises?

Jets fan here:

On the very limited plus side here's what we maybe get: A wildcat option at qb, possibly some leadership, and at least a decent back up qb.

On the very large downside the Jets have no idea what they are doing. Back to ground n pound?, oh wait Peyton is available?, ok no, Mark you're our guy here is a ton of money, oh wait now we have Tebow.

Jets seem to love drama and they have just created a media circus behind they struggling 'franchise' qb.

What makes even less sense to me is that Sanchez is actually pretty shifty around the goal line, 6 rushing tds last season, so the one thing Tebow could be used for they already had.

Jets are clowns. Clowns with wrs, a complete running back or a pass rush.

Hold the phone:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-trade-for-tebow-hits-a-snag-could-be-voided-rams-may-get-him/

Jets’ trade for Tebow hits a snag, could be voided, Rams may get him

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT

Getty ImagesTim Tebow may not become a New York Jet after all.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos and the Jets have encountered a hangup in the language in Tebow’s contract that could nullify the trade. Schefter cites a Broncos source as saying the hangup could keep the trade from happening.

The contractual issue apparently arises from a clause in Tebow’s contract that could require the Jets to pay up to $5 million to the Broncos. The Jets may refuse to do that.

I am not a Tebow fan but the kid definitely earned a shot to be a starting QB for at least one full year. You have to kind of feel for him.

This trade really screws him, and how the hell does Jacksonville not pony up a 3rd and 5th? If Denver was not playing Jacksonville off against everyone they really screwed up here.

Here's a crazy idea. How about waiting until the trade is official before you announce to the world that the trade is official. There so many guys like Schefter, Mortenson, King, Glazer, etc. all trying to out-scoop each other that the basic rules of journalism are pissed on.

Here's a crazy idea. How about waiting until the trade is official before you announce to the world that the trade is official. There so many guys like Schefter, Mortenson, King, Glazer, etc. all trying to out-scoop each other that the basic rules of journalism are pissed on.

The NY Jets announced it on their Twitter account.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Broncos will send Tebow and a seventh-round pick to the Jets in exchange for a fourth-round and sixth-round selection.

The Jets also will reimburse the Broncos for half of the $5 million salary advance the Broncos paid under Tebow’s contract.

~Pft.com

Speaking of journalism, ESPN is now running a story with this headline: Source: Tim Tebow can pick team

In the story it says...

Jacksonville or New York? Tim Tebow's future is up to him.

After a trade that would have sent the Broncos quarterback to the New York Jets hit a contract-related snag Wednesday afternoon, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Tebow can choose whether Denver deals the former Heisman Trophy winner to his hometown Jaguars or to Rex Ryan's Jets.

... and goes on to say...

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that Denver was negotiating with both the Jets and Jaguars for cash payments and will complete the trade with whichever team offers the highest amount.

So which is it, can Tebow call his shot or will the Broncos call the shot by trading him to the highest bidder? Not good ESPN, not good. :nono:

I don't think the Jets are a good destination for Tebow. He'd be much better off in Jacksonville or Miami. That said I really don't see how it's his choice to make.

Add in Rex Ryan's mouth to the equation, and all this going down in the country's largest media market. Man, I haven't been this excited since TO went to the Parcells Cowboys.

My popcorn is ready.

you'll definitely get an "amen" from me on that one. i'm ready to see sexy foot rexy get fired, or hit by lightening, for cursing in front of the chosen one.

I'd actually stomach another Rex Ryan-filled (Jets) Hard Knocks to watch this train wreck unfold

no pun intended with the stomach

I guess that the Jets figured.....hey, if you can't beat him, buy him.

Just when I thought we couldn't hear about Tebow anymore he is now in the New York media market. Great! :cheers: Also anyone know if the Jets are doing Hard Knocks this year I would definately tune in.