Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Bust of the Year

Now that we're nearing the halfway point of the fantasy season, it's a good time to get an early jump on some of those scrubs that will contend for this years title. Everyone has an opinion on what makes a guy a bust (injuries, underperforming, ADP, etc). I try to put a little less stock into severe injuries (I think Jamal owners last year had an easier time than CJ0K owners), but nagging vaginal injuries will really up a players chances of winning.

So, without further ado, my candidates by position are.....

QB

Cam Newton : Drafted in the 2nd round, 1st round in some leagues. One of the top 5 QBs entering the draft. Though 5 games he has 8TDs (3 rushing), 5 ints, and only broke 300yds once.

Tony Romo : Many a owner (myself included), thought it would be a sneaky draft strategy to load up on RBs and WRs, and snag a guy like Romo in the later rounds. After a big game week 1, Romo has been outscored by the likes of Andrew Luck, Matt Schaub, Brandon Weeden, and Andy (Red Rifle) Dalton.

RB

Chris Johnson : Do you really need an explanation?? On an interesting note though, CJ0K is looking to become the 1st player in FF history to win this award two years in a row!

Demarco Murray : Not having a terrible year, but was taken in many 1st rounds. Has been outscored so far by fantasy castoffs like Michael Turner and Willis McGahee.

WR

Greg Jennings : I could have listed Hakeem Nicks here as well, but at least he's had 1 big game. Greg has a cool 78yds receiving so far this year, and his injuries are beyond annoying.

Jordy Nelson : 289 yds and 1 TD through 5 games makes him a strong contender for BOTY.

TE

Antonio Gates : Age and injuries may have finally caught up with him.

Jimmy Graham : Graham's having a decent season, but owners that were drafting him in the 2nd round were certainly expecting more. As it stands now, he's a top 5-7 TE with an ankle injury.

Feel free to add to the list. And yes, I have a few of these bums.

CJ2K has to be leading the pack right now given he was a sure-fire first rounder.

What about Aaron Rodgers considering his top 3-4 overall ADP?

"Rodga's! Discount Double Check!" I hate that focking ad.

Way too early for a lot of these guys.

Chris Johnson is an obvious call since he went in the 1st of most drafts. McFadden maybe too.

Right now Stafford would be a bust loooooong before Romo or Cam. Stafford was drafted long before Romo.

Chris Johnson is an obvious call since he went in the 1st of most drafts. McFadden maybe too.

Right now Stafford would be a bust loooooong before Romo or Cam. Stafford was drafted long before Romo.

Yes, it is very early for this thread. But, the Heisman talk starts early too.

Stafford could definitely be on the list. I just listed 2 from each position cause, well, I'm tired. :cheers:

Jordy Nelson should have never been drafted where he was.

Unlike Victor Cruz who catches the short pass with tons of targets and runs for the long one, Nelson was the recipient of very few targets but hooking up for many long TD passes. With Jenning out, he is now paired with the number 1 corner and struggling. Might be a bust to some, but his decline was well anticipated by many here.

My buddy was in one league where Nelson went in round 3 ahead of AJ Green, P. Harvin, V. Cruz, R. White, Brandon Marshall, H. Nicks, S. Smith, M. Colston, M. Austin. Mind blowing if you ask me. Never ever ever take a WR in the early rounds that isn't going to sniff 100 targets for the year and also never caught more than 70 passes in a season.

Obviously too early, but it's fun to project.

Totally agree about Stafford. He's the clear cut QB bust of the year currently considering his ADP. I also agree with the RBs and WRs listed.

Although I don't think CJ will be on that list by the end of the year. I don't have him, but if the draft were today I'd gladly draft him... in the 3rd round.

If you took CJ in the first he's running away with it.

at least he's running away with something then :dunno:

Wouldn't be too far down on Murray yet. Look who he's faced. NYG, SEA, TB, CHI. Besides the Giants, that's 3 of the top 4 rush defenses so far this year. I think he's a great buy low candidate. You'll start seeing the real Murray coming out starting this week against the Ravens.

at least he's running away with something then :dunno:

and in 10 years it'll be a welfare check :banana:

(yes... i realize that only GFIAP has the clout to reply to his own posts)

Considerig I took Megatron with the 7th pick in the 1st round - I'd say him too.

Considerig I took Megatron with the 7th pick in the 1st round - I'd say him too.

your disappointed with the 7th overall WR?

I took him in the first and he is giving me 20 ppg avg and hasnt even had a big TD run

your disappointed with the 7th overall WR?

I took him in the first and he is giving me 20 ppg avg and hasnt even had a big TD run

Extremely disappointed - he's averaging 11.75 ppg in my league and there in fact 17 wrs with more points than he in it too.

For me its not even ###### close. Cam by far. Last year he had a great year and made Steve Smith into the star that he could be. It looked like Lafell was going to step up next to smith and be the #2 wr they need. Cam has been so bad Lafell has not matured(or caught the ball) steve is getting it forced to him......but not on good throws and Cam looks like a rookie THIS year.

newton? are people serious? underperformers are not bust. he's the #11qb so far.

CJ is clearly the leading candidate...

Others with the potential to overtake CJ (only considering those taken in top 4-5 rounds):

QB:Romo

RB:S Jax, DMC, Fred Jax, S Greene, D Martin

WR:J Nelson, Dez, Nicks, Jennings, Lloyd

TE:Gates, Finley

**Nicks, Jennings, and Finley had significant injury concerns before the season, so they probably shouldn't even qualify

QB - Michael Vick. He's just giving the ball away.

RB - CJ0K Need I say more?

- Steven Jackson. Right on the heels of CJ0K

WR - Jordy Nelson. Sometimes I wonder if he's even in the game.

TE - Antonia Gates. He's done. Stick a fork in him.

QB - Michael Vick. He's just giving the ball away.

RB - CJ0K Need I say more?

- Steven Jackson. Right on the heels of CJ0K

WR - Jordy Nelson. Sometimes I wonder if he's even in the game.

TE - Antonia Gates. He's done. Stick a fork in him.

From a fantasy perspective, Cam Newton is a way bigger bust than Vick. He was the third or fourth QB taken in most drafts. He's horrible.

From a fantasy perspective, Cam Newton is a way bigger bust than Vick. He was the third or fourth QB taken in most drafts. He's horrible.

QB-ADP_for_QB-ADP_Overall-Current_QB_rank

Rodgers-1-3-9

Brady-2-7-7

Newton-4-16-11

Stafford-5-17-14

Vick-6-45-13

Romo-9-60-22

Rivers-11-64-18

All underperforming, but Rivers and Romo the only ones averaging under 20ppg. WAYYYYY too tough to officially consider someone a bust this early in the season.

Gronk. Maybe not official bust yet, but close considering he went in the first 2 rounds in most drafts, and he has been very underwhelming.

If they keep using him to block, I don't know if he will finish in the top 5 TE.

Gronk. Maybe not official bust yet, but close considering he went in the first 2 rounds in most drafts, and he has been very underwhelming.

If they keep using him to block, I don't know if he will finish in the top 5 TE.

He will finish in the top 5.

My biggest busts so far are DET QB Stafford and GB WR J. Nelson.

Unfortunately, I took Nelson as my WR1 in both of my leagues... :wall:

It is so bad, even on a week with Jennings out, and Finley hobbled - I will likely sit Nelson for Stevie Johnson in one of my leagues. :angry:

Jimmy Graham : Graham's having a decent season, but owners that were drafting him in the 2nd round were certainly expecting more. As it stands now, he's a top 5-7 TE with an ankle injury.

Stupid drafting does not make a player a bust.

Sidney rice dude sucks glad I dropped him ..,he was contaminating the rest of my team

Lets update this a little.

#1-Calvin "Megabust" Johnson: 14th overall entering week 8 in standard leagues for WR scoring. Last week 3 catches for 34 yards and ZERO catches so far today.

:thumbsdown:

Megatron my a$$ its MEGABUST :wave:

Here is my starting line up:

QB Newton

WR Jordon Nelson

WR Greg Jennings

RB Ridley

RB Chris Johnson

TE Jimmy Graham

K Gostkowski

D/S Philly

Busted team of the year. :thumbsdown: