Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

Woman on the Front Lines

Chicks shooting stuff

Women in all branches of the military soon will have unprecedented opportunities to serve on the front lines of the nation's wars.

Leon Panetta, in one of his last acts as President Obama's defense secretary, is preparing to announce the policy change Thursday, which would open hundreds of thousands of front-line positions and potentially elite commando jobs after more than a decade at war, the Pentagon confirmed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/23/panetta-opens-combat-roles-to-women/#ixzz2Iu890TKq

Horrible horrible horrible idea. I'm all for biatches rights and whatnot, but if serving on the front lines with a chick, there is zero doubt I'd be affected.

If it was a cute chick, I would want to protect her life and make sure she was never captured. If it were an ugly chick, I would hate her. So really it's a no win situation.

First is was the 'mos. Now it's the dames. Two groups of people that can't fight. We'll be seeing out troops in combat situations trying to sissy slap the enemy while receiving a bayonet in the guts.

Ask the cops and firemen how useless the broads are on patrol and in confrontational situations.

Meh, now that Obama's using drones, is there really going to be much front line work? Plus there is no way a woman could pass Ranger or Seal School so special forces are out. Another meatless bone.

Chicks shooting stuff

Horrible horrible horrible idea. I'm all for biatches rights and whatnot, but if serving on the front lines with a chick, there is zero doubt I'd be affected.

If it was a cute chick, I would want to protect her life and make sure she was never captured. If it were an ugly chick, I would hate her. So really it's a no win situation.

There's no front-line in an insurgency, so they're already serving in combat, being fired upon, etc. This just allows them to earn recognition for it and be promoted.

Don't ask don't smell :pointstosky:

Bottom line - does it make the military better? Same goes for gays in the military.

To hell with people's rights or what's fair. You can't end a war saying "gee we lost, but at least we were fair."

I will leave it up to a commanding officer to decide if a certain woman can cut it on the front lines or not.

Bottom line - does it make the military better? Same goes for gays in the military.

To hell with people's rights or what's fair. You can't end a war saying "gee we lost, but at least we were fair."

How about no more wars that we don't start? :o

How about no more wars that we don't start? :o

I assume you're referring to Afghanistan.?. I can't understand why we're still there. How dare the government talk about being money strapped and raising taxes while engaged in the longest war in US history. A war that could go on for another 20 years with no chance of ever winning.

I must say, there has to be some benefit to it that I don't understand because neither party talked about ending it in the past 2 Presidential elections. I'm no fan of Obama, but I'm glad he's finally set a time-line to end the damn thing.

I assume you're referring to Afghanistan.?. I can't understand why we're still there. How dare the government talk about being money strapped and raising taxes while engaged in the longest war in US history. A war that could go on for another 20 years with no chance of ever winning.

I must say, there has to be some benefit to it that I don't understand because neither party talked about ending it in the past 2 Presidential elections. I'm no fan of Obama, but I'm glad he's finally set a time-line to end the damn thing.

Vietnam :doh:

Iraq :doh:

There hasn't been many good wars the USA started over the last 40 years.

Vietnam :doh:

Iraq :doh:

There hasn't been many good wars the USA started over the last 40 years.

Vietnam - You can thank JFK for that (most over-rated president in history)

Iraq... I agreed with and still do. The war was really intended to restore American confidence following 9/11 both at home and abroad - Flex military muscle and "shock and awe". Nobody wants to admit that, but it's the truth. Iraq was the perfect turkey. They were in violation of several serious UN agreements, they were a brutal regime, they were Muslims, and Americans would support such a war having already easily beat them in Kuwait. The WMD never should have been used as a reason, because there was no real proof they ever had any.

As long as they don't get special treatment or lower standards then I don't care.

This. :thumbsup:

I never had much of a problem with females. If a female can save my life, protect me from harm while in combat, then that is who i want there....the best person.

Now, that being said, i assiduously stayed away from them during my time. If I had to confer with a female I always made sure it transpired in the presence of another individual. They can ruin you with any accusation and they know it, and they use it....

Terrible. We all know women can't serve in this capacity because every month they get infections. [/Gingrich]

Terrible. We all know women can't serve in this capacity because every month they get infections. [/Gingrich]

Issue them camouflage tampons and all is well.

The WMD never should have been used as a reason, because there was no real proof they ever had any.

"What difference, at this point, does it make"?---Hitlery

Jokes aside...Obviously I am cool with woman serving in theory.

But in reality, if I were serving on the front lines with a woman, I'd likely feel more protective over her than I would a man. The idea of a woman being captured for example, I'd worry about what would be done to her in such a way that it would probably affect my choices. Whether that means putting myself in unnecessary danger, or someone else.

Maybe it's my own personal problem, but it's the reality I think. :dunno:

Back to the Front :headbanger:

You will doosh, when I say, you must doosh, back to the front. :music_guitarred:

As long as they don't get special treatment or lower standards then I don't care.

I philosophically agree, but I've never served, so it is hard to have a strong opinion on it.

I'd be a little concerned about the cost and logistics of handling... women issues.

There are some dead Kurds who would disagree with you.

True, they apparently had some chemical weapons in late 80's. But after the invasion, none of the various weapons Collin Powell described to the UN were discovered. It made the US appear as liars and barbarians.

Powell is a POS knowing damn well his "proof" was based on the flimsiest of evidence (mostly tortured prisoners). :thumbsdown:

True, they apparently had some chemical weapons in late 80's. But after the invasion, none of the various weapons Collin Powell described to the UN were discovered. It made the US appear as liars and barbarians.

Powell is a POS knowing damn well his "proof" was based on the flimsiest of evidence (mostly tortured prisoners). :thumbsdown:

What difference, at this point, does it make?

What difference, at this point, does it make?

It lowered the world's opinion of us. That makes a difference when looking for cooperation in various worldly matters.

There are some dead Kurds who would disagree with you.

That's my line, asswhole. <_<

They already do. Every last aspect of their physical conditioning requirements are lower than the men's. Timed runs, pull ups, sit ups, etc...all are less then the men. Not sure how that will affect combat duty, but it's fact that women are weaker physically. I want to see one of them try out for SEAL training!

They already do. Every last aspect of their physical conditioning requirements are lower than the men's. Timed runs, pull ups, sit ups, etc...all are less then the men. Not sure how that will affect combat duty, but it's fact that women are weaker physically. I want to see one of them try out for SEAL training!

Well, then I have a problem with that. :dunno:

Having a weaker soldier by the side of another soldier is not good policy. It's not fair to not only the other soldiers but to the woman either. You're putting both in a position more likely to fail. Call me crazy.

. I want to see one of them try out for SEAL training!

The ones that do will not look like Demi Moore. They'll look more like muff diver movers who carry their wallet with a chain.

I'm okay with it, especially since women were already essentially serving in some front line positions. Might as well make it official.

:thumbsup:

Well, then I have a problem with that. :dunno:

Having a weaker soldier by the side of another soldier is not good policy. It's not fair to not only the other soldiers but to the woman either. You're putting both in a position more likely to fail. Call me crazy.

Police Officers and Fire Fighters face this every day, what is the difference? Why is one acceptable?

Better make rubbers a standard issue. Or expect a HUUUUUUUUUUGE up swing in combat pregnancies.

Ever since I was a child, the first thing I always did when a fight was on was look for a girl or the most feminine guy i could find to help me fight my enemy.

:doh:

Police Officers and Fire Fighters face this every day, what is the difference? Why is one acceptable?

After watching countless videos, nightly news reports and cop shows over the years, I have yet to see a female take down a runner single handed or carry someone down a flight of stairs from a burning building. Fact.