Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Super Bowl Commercials

They're just as bad as every other year. Nothing is more overrated than Super Bowl Commercials.

Well other than the 49ers Defense. :o

I am incredibly underwhelmed. Absolutely awful commercials, barely a chuckle.

Ok, the chick in the lifeguard astronaut one was smokeshow.

And I've drank to much... the Clydesdale one with "landslide" made me a little misty.

My wife had a horse growing up, and I think she would still trade me for that horse. She's over here crying as I type this. :wall:

Ok, the Clydesdale one with "landslide" was one smokeshow.

And I've drank to much..... the the chick in the lifeguard astronaut made me a little misty.

Mebbe time to put down the Kers Light.

M&M's commercial back at the start of the game was solid. Otherwise it has been another pathetic showing...the more money they spend to get a spot, the less creative they seem to get.

I thought the VW one with the reggae guys was the best. Then again, I quit watching when the power went out. :dunno:

I thought the VW one with the reggae guys was the best. Then again, I quit watching when the power went out. :dunno:

Phag

My wife had a horse growing up, and I think she would still trade me for that horse. She's over here crying as I type this. :wall:

It was a pretty good commercial, particularly for an unfunny one. It won at least one of the contests out there rating the Ads.

The best few that stuck out to me were:

1. The RAM Truck commercial with the Paul Harvey type monolouge about Farmers. Maybe its because I'm from NC and my grandfather was a farmer, but it gave me chills. Very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0sENZcnM8&feature=player_detailpage

2. The Taco Bell commercial witht he old people who went out and were partying was great.

3. The Dion Sanders commercial wasn't all that bad either. Kinda funny.

4. The Bud commercial with the horse was pretty good too.

The one that was simply awful was the GoDaddy commercial with the really hot girl making out with that dork. Just stupid on so many levels. :thumbsdown:

The best two that stuck out to me were:

1. The RAM Truck commercial with the Paul Harvey type monolouge about Farmers. Maybe its because I'm from NC and my grandfather was a farmer, but it gave me chills. Very well done.

Growing up, working with my grandfather and uncle, listening to Paul Harvey on WBZ 1030, that commercial did it for me too.

The stain commercial was my 2nd favorite.

That was a good one too. :thumbsup:

I liked that one too.

I thought the Samsung with Seth rogan was bad. It was a long commercial too.

Yeah, as it started I really wanted to like it, and was waiting...waiting..waiting for the funny part. But it never happened. It just didn't work.

Other than bar rafeli, a disturbing lack of hot women.

Reported 45 takes to make it. 2 times rejected for being to sexy. Couple of unedited versions show the two swapping tongues. Kid won the day if you ask me.

I liked that one too.

anything with seth rogan is shitty these days.

i like the doritos goat and the ending to the oreos one in the library where the cops are whispering into the bullhorns. idk why but made me laugh.. and ofcourse Leon Sandcastle :overhead:

really hated the farmers commercial by dodge. did it need to be that focking long? what a waste of $ on their part.

All in all, i'm always left wondering why big time brands bother with SB advertising. Everyone knows their products and will buy them regardless. I feel like SB advertising is only worth it for the up and coming businesses that most people don't know too well... in that case its a great way to make an impression with a large scale audience and get some recognition. Kind of like Go Daddy in the beginning. Everyone was like what the fock is go daddy? Now we all know it.

Bud and Doritos and Pepsi are just pissing $ away

really hated the farmers commercial by dodge. did it need to be that focking long? what a waste of $ on their part.

I thought that was a really bad commercial. I thought it was a commercial about some farmers association or something or encouraging people to buy corn or something until the last second where they flashed the truck. There was little to no product association with the entire commercial so what the hell was the point of that? I bet half the people that saw it remember it as the farmer commercial and can't remember it was a Dodge ad. Huge waste of money.

I thought that was a really bad commercial. I thought it was a commercial about some farmers association or something or encouraging people to buy corn or something until the last second where they flashed the truck. There was little to no product association with the entire commercial so what the hell was the point of that? I bet half the people that saw it remember it as the farmer commercial and can't remember it was a Dodge ad. Huge waste of money.

Wow this is very suprising to me.

I'm suprised anyone with an ounce of humanity and self worth could not like that Dodge Ram / Paul Harvey "Here's to the Farmer in all of us" commercial. The room I was in went silent the whole commercial and right after it all looked at one another and said "Damn, that was a good one".

Especially compared to all the other craptastic, stupid ass over the top throw some half naked person in it to get attention commercials out there.

It may be one of my favorite commercials of all time. You folks have no taste. I bet you also listen to Beyonce, drive a Honda Accord, think Taco Bell is good Mexican food, drink Bud Light and subscribe to People Magazine to get your news. :thumbsdown:

I'm suprised anyone with an ounce of humanity and self worth could not like that Dodge Ram / Paul Harvey "Here's to the Farmer in all of us" commercial. The room I was in went silent the whole commercial and right after it all looked at one another and said "Damn, that was a good one".

Especially compared to all the other craptastic, stupid ass over the top throw some half naked person in it to get attention commercials out there.

It may be one of my favorite commercials of all time. You folks have no taste. I bet you also listen to Beyonce, drive a Honda Accord, think Taco Bell is good Mexican food, drink Bud Light and subscribe to People Magazine to get your news. :thumbsdown:

Dont you drive a liberty? :-D

Seriously though the room I was in went silent too. But at the end we all looked at each other and said really? That was way too effing long.

Emotional, sentimental, I get it. Didnt have to drag on in a pathetic attempt to play on emotion. And the realist in me wonders why it took so long to even know whose commercial it was.

Not surprising, young people today know nothing of Paul Harvey, God, Country, and hard work.

Not surprising, young people today know nothing of Paul Harvey, God, Country, and hard work.

Maybe that's because nobody instilled those values into them. Don't think we can blame "kids these days" for the plight of the modern American farmer who's in a ton of debt and is being made to accept lower returns by huge corporations. Maybe next year we can just look at Norman Rockwells every commercial and fetishicize over the way things used to be because that's all the Dodge commercial was.

I was speaking from the perspective of - Dodge blew $7 million on an ad spot and the entire commercial they presented had nothing to do with their product, other than flashing a truck for 1 second at the end of it, and a large portion of people who watched it will probably not remember it was a Dodge ad. That is sh1tty marketing and a waste of money. They could have done the same thing with more focus on their actual product and what they were trying to sell. Which is the point of a commercial.

But yea. Farmers are awesome and stuff. I cried, but I had no idea what I was watching so it's all good.

I was speaking from the perspective of - Dodge blew $7 million on an ad spot and the entire commercial they presented had nothing to do with their product, other than flashing a truck for 1 second at the end of it, and a large portion of people who watched it will probably not remember it was a Dodge ad. That is sh1tty marketing and a waste of money.

What does a guy taking care of a horse have to do with Budwieser Beer?

What does a gang of old people getting tattoo's have to do with Taco Bell?

What does a supermodel swapping spit with a nerd have to do with GoDaddy?

What does an old man who is very interesting have to do with a Mexican Beer?

What do Polar Bears have to do with Coca-Cola?

:unsure:

I was speaking from the perspective of - Dodge blew $7 million on an ad spot and the entire commercial they presented had nothing to do with their product, other than flashing a truck for 1 second at the end of it, and a large portion of people who watched it will probably not remember it was a Dodge ad. That is sh1tty marketing and a waste of money. They could have done the same thing with more focus on their actual product and what they were trying to sell. Which is the point of a commercial.

But yea. Farmers are awesome and stuff. I cried, but I had no idea what I was watching so it's all good.

The purpose of a lot of advertising is to build an emotional connection to the brand. You get the warm and fuzzies from the commercial and you associate that with a Dodge Truck. Then you go by a Dodge Truck because its what good, honest salt of the Earth people like American farmers use.

The purpose of a lot of advertising is to build an emotional connection to the brand. You get the warm and fuzzies from the commercial and you associate that with a Dodge Truck. Then you go by a Dodge Truck because its what good, honest salt of the Earth people like American farmers use.

Not to mention the slogan for Dodge is: Dodge... RAM TOUGH. :thumbsup:

Adverstising 101 is: Create an ad to trigger an emotional response (usually positive) to get consumer to buy the product. Duh.