Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Andre Brown week 10

Anyone rolling with Andre out of the gate? He's been practicing for weeks and presumably would be fresh coming off IR.

I assume Jacobs and Hillis really shouldn't be big obstacles towards playing time. And the Giants having been looking better of late.

A little early to make decision now. Want more clarification on amount of snaps he could have. But right now, looking like I'm plugging in as a flex.

• Like 1

Anyone rolling with Andre out of the gate? He's been practicing for weeks and presumably would be fresh coming off IR.

I assume Jacobs and Hillis really shouldn't be big obstacles towards playing time. And the Giants having been looking better of late.

Heck yes I'm starting him. I didn't pick him up to go off on my bench. :music_guitarred:

Andre Brown (leg) confirmed he'll make his 2013 debut in Week 10.

"The coaches just told me to be ready," Brown said after Monday's practice. "They threw me some special plays out there. They want to get me back in football shape. They want to kind of ease me into this thing. That’s what they plan on doing and we’ll go from there." Brown could easily out-touch Brandon Jacobs and Peyton Hillis against the Raiders, but the situation will be worth riding out for at least a week if you have designs on making Brown your FLEX option. He's going to emerge as the Giants' lead back, but it may not be in Week 10 after missing so much time.

Benching him until I see how he looks.

Have Lacy, Stacy, and Ellington ahead of him week 10.

Andre Brown (leg) confirmed he'll make his 2013 debut in Week 10.

"The coaches just told me to be ready," Brown said after Monday's practice. "They threw me some special plays out there. They want to get me back in football shape. They want to kind of ease me into this thing. Thats what they plan on doing and well go from there." Brown could easily out-touch Brandon Jacobs and Peyton Hillis against the Raiders, but the situation will be worth riding out for at least a week if you have designs on making Brown your FLEX option. He's going to emerge as the Giants' lead back, but it may not be in Week 10 after missing so much time.

I'm a tad worried about the coaches supposedly planing to "ease" Brown in. Could just be a smokescreen though, or maybe urgency gets the best of them.

I'm a tad worried about the coaches supposedly planing to "ease" Brown in. Could just be a smokescreen though, or maybe urgency gets the best of them.

Respectfully, as a Raider fan I'm not worried about this at all. In past years, I'd speak hyperbole about how a team would be fired up to play after having its ass handed to them week prior. But this Raider squad simply isn't that good.They are woeful against the pass, and Opie will be lighting them up early. By early second half Coughlin will be in clock killing mode, wanting to get back to Giants football, and giving a fresh Andre Brown plenty of chances. Even with 15 carries as a low end, he could get some significant chunks of yards as well as a goal line shot or two.

I have to decide between starting him or

Ellington, Decker, Garcon, VJax

my RB's are locked in as Morris and Bush, I have 2 WR slots and a flex.

right now I am leaning towards

Garcon and Decker, with Ellington as my flex, but VJax has the huge potential to have a monster game, especially after last weeks dud

I need a bye-week plug for Charles - I'm leaning towards Andre over Sproles at this point.

Im ready to drop sproles and let someone else deal with him

Not sure if I'll start him or roll with another 8-carry, 30-yard performance by TRich.

Smokescreen vented by a 2-win team, hardly,, take him for his wording EASE INTO THE LINEUP, I think Brown will have 6-10 carries at most, week #11 will be his real coming out party........

Smokescreen vented by a 2-win team, hardly,, take him for his wording EASE INTO THE LINEUP, I think Brown will have 6-10 carries at most, week #11 will be his real coming out party........

The problem is they still want to win and their aren't too many options. Wilson is still out. Hillis isn't the answer. If Jacobs is healthy I could see him getting more reps but I haven't heard if he is healthy.

In that division the Giants are far from done, but they can ill afford to lose a game at this point. He's been running for weeks, he's been practicing, he gives them their best chance to win. I don't believe he will be on a firm snap count.

Looks like a high risk/high reward start. Oakland D is weak and a banged up turnover prone Pryor with no McFadden means Brown should have plenty of goal-line opprotunities if he is indeed the goal-line back. Not to mention the fact that he's fresh so he could easily see 20+ carries.

It's so tempting to flex him. I have one open spot and need to decide between him, T-Rich, Greg Jennings and Nate Washington. PPR.

FWIW I drafted Andre Brown before he got hurt, and have never waived him. I've held onto him all year ... and this week is a big week for me. Could really use production from that spot.

I am almost 100% sure on starting Brown at my flex spot because I have Gordon on a bye. Charles is also off this week.

It is between A.Brown or T.Williams in the Sunday night game vs the Saints.

It is very tempting to start Williams because of it being the late game, but I don't want to miss out on a possible A. Brown breakout game vs the lousy Raiders. I have Bailey sun night, so Brown will most likely be my choice.

I want to start him, but what if he only gets like 5 carries?

Is he worth the gamble?

Who knows, maybe he looks great and the coaches keep giving him the ball and he goes out and lights it up?

I've got Zac Stacy and Mike James going this week in solid match ups, or I would start him without hesitation. I think he's going to make Peyton Hillis an afterthought and rejuvenate the Giants running game. If they can get back to running the ball with any semblance of authority, playing Giants football, that'll open up play action for Opie and Coughlin can keep that defense off the field more.

Also remember people, they are playing the Raiders. The wheels don't come off for your team when you play the Raiders.

Ya I can't decide....have MJD in my flex spot right now......can't decide if I stick with that or roll the dice with brown.

With Charles on a bye, I picked up Mike James yesterday. I am going to wait and see how Brown is used this week before I start him.

I will have Moreno, Stacey and James starting over Brown. I hope he does well so that I can feel confident about getting him in my lineup for next weeks game vs G.Bay.

I see him as no more than a flex this week. Hillis will probably hare carries about equally. We will see how things will shake out after that.

Respectfully, I hope Hillis has gotten in a little better game shape by now. Probably. Was watching tape of the MN game today and he left big yardage on the field. But for that matter Brown could be in similar shape.

You guys will have to forgive JTB. He has the intellectual capacity of an eight year old. It's sad, really :(

• Like 1

I am playing Forte, James and either Tate, Miller or Brown. Tate has the ribs and Zona is tough, esp at home. Brown is going to be on a snap count I think, and while he was the GL back with Wilson last year, Hillis is no slouch at the stripe either. Miller was starting to play better, but now the Miami O Line is a mess and Tampa plays the run pretty well.

Ugh. I will probably end up rolling with Tate, fingers crossed.

Brown's on my bench. Not even flexing him, not even thinking twice about it. I'll wait a week.

that's rather silly to say unless you are stacked at RB, he has been chomping at the bit and playing a very weak D... he is pretty much good for 75 yrds and a score.

• Like 1