Sign in to follow this  
jjg

Josh Gordon risky play?

No idea who the QB will be and playing the Pats who will target him as the browns best player. Are you starting with confidence still?

Risky? After 450+ yards in two weeks? When he's arguably the best WR in the NFL not named Megatron?

He has been risky play this whole season, without a doubt there is plenty of upside tho, you wouldn't be able to find a better bet than him in your lineup. He is hot now, so people are in love with him.

No idea who the QB will be and playing the Pats who will target him as the browns best player. Are you starting with confidence still?

He may be playing with the sub emergency QB this week if Weeden or Campbell can't go. That would equal definite bench for me.

if weeden or campbell don't go he's getting benched...i have Fitz/Garcon/Torrey/Keenan Allen as other options i can plug in, there's no way i trust him with caleb hanie or alex tanney

He may be playing with the sub emergency QB this week if Weeden or Campbell can't go. That would equal definite bench for me.

if weeden or campbell don't go he's getting benched...i have Fitz/Garcon/Torrey/Keenan Allen as other options i can plug in, there's no way i trust him with caleb hanie or alex tanney

I don't get this. It's not like Weeden or Campbell are future HOFers. New guy comes in, he is going to look for Gordon and force feed it to him. :dunno:

I don't get this. It's not like Weeden or Campbell are future HOFers. New guy comes in, he is going to look for Gordon and force feed it to him. :dunno:

You don't "get this"? The dude may be playing with a guy that shouldn't even be on an active roster but for a litany of injuries, much less relied upon by you to make Gordon a continuing fantasy stud. Hey, if Gordon drops another 200 yard, 1-2 TD game this week sans Weeden/Campbell I'll be the first to eat crow. But he's much more likely to give you 50 yards and that's it playing with a 4th string QB.

He has been risky play this whole season, without a doubt there is plenty of upside tho, you wouldn't be able to find a better bet than him in your lineup. He is hot now, so people are in love with him.

Yeah... he's hot right now.

Never mind that the kid is averaging like 13 points a game even when you include the two he didn't play.

You don't "get this"? The dude may be playing with a guy that shouldn't even be on an active roster but for a litany of injuries, much less relied upon by you to make Gordon a continuing fantasy stud. Hey, if Gordon drops another 200 yard, 1-2 TD game this week sans Weeden/Campbell I'll be the first to eat crow. But he's much more likely to give you 50 yards and that's it playing with a 4th string QB.

200 yards and a TD (or two) is the threshold of success?

You people are focking nuts.

200 yards and a TD (or two) is the threshold of success?

You people are focking nuts.

Roll the dice then big dog. May as well be McGahee throwing him the football.

These guys must play in six team leagues or something. Yeah, sure, bench Gordon...if your other options are Megatron and AJ Green :wacko:

Roll the dice then big dog. May as well be McGahee throwing him the football.

I have a bye this week with the number 1 seed... 'cause I don't do stupid shiat like bench Josh Gordon.

Not guaranteeing a third 200 yard game... between the PATs D trying to remove him from the gameplan and the QB situation... it could be ugly. But you don't leave that kind of potential on your bench... ever.

In spite for my crappy pick of Bowe... I have a stellar line-up of WR's: CJ, Gordon, Garcon, Decker and Micheal Floyd. Barring injury... I'll start Gordon EVERY week.

It's not crazy to be questioning him this week. A possible 4th/5th string QB and NE who is good at shutting down the #1 option (see Graham). I know he got hurt that game but shut down to zero through 2.5 quarters I believe.

Gordon is the only threat for Clev so it's obvious who they will focus on.

I'm 50/50 at this point.

Even if they do shut him down for 3.5 quarters, Gordon is garbage time gold. A couple drives in the 4th quarter when they are down 21 points and he'll get his points for sure.

you have Fitz, keenan, and Garcon on your bench? Didn't know those 4 team leagues still existed...

• Like 1

you have Fitz, keenan, and Garcon on your bench? Didn't know those 4 team leagues still existed...

In one of my 12 team leagues, Allen was undrafted, Fitzgerald was a 3rd round pick, Garcon was a 6th rounder, and Gordon was an 11th round pick.

I have Fitz, Gordon and Allen in that league. There were a couple of new owners but this is a pretty competitive league.

For reference, FFTODAY had Fitz at #12 WR in Tier 4. Garcon #14 WR also in Tier 4. Josh Gordon #41 Overall WR in Tier 6 and Allen #76 overall WR in Tier 8.

So when dealing with preseason rankings not current player evaluations, having that WR corps actually very reasonable if you took a chance or Gordon and Allen in a 12 team league.

Being more of a glass half full fantasy guy, I'd say the fact they were pulling some plumber off the street may be interesting. Obviously Chud will scrap the game plan for a simple modified version. Bellychick will have little to go on and zero film. Not only that, he'd better game plan for his 32nd ranked run defense lest Willis go off like Gale Sayers.

In either case, Browns will no doubt be in desperation mode by second half so who knows what type of f*ck-foolery may happen? Gordon could get loose for a long one.

He's in for me.. I don't even have a 4th WR at the moment on the team where I have him (see sig below.. I made a bad choice and cut Crabtree instead of Harvin). Anyway.. i'm not hooking him for a Streater, Cordarelle P type streamer for a 1st round playoff game.

Hoping Campbell gets cleared to practice over the next day or two.. but as someone posted before.. He's been my super WR3 all season.. I just need a WR3 floor at least to keep my roll on (knock on wood). Anything on top of that in Week 14 would be gravy.

Not that it's exactly an apples-to-apples comparison at all.. but i'd be curious to know what Marshall's numbers were luck when Caleb Hanie had his mistake filled run with the Bears a few seasons ago.

Josh nearly always hauls in a couple of deep passes to get him respectable yardage.. and the Brownies shouldhave to throw all 2nd half to try to catch up.. The hope would be, for all Gordon owners.. that they aren't simply overwhelmed by a charged up Pats D who smell blood in the water.

NE's been far from a shutdown pass D of late.. Just hope a Hanie/Tanney lead team isn't completely pathetic.. or even better.. Campbell gets cleared to play soon.

I think NE shuts down Gordon this week. I don't think he clears 60 yards, with no TDs. He has bouyed my FF team the last month, but I'm benching him and starting Roddy White in his place. If the Hoodie can game plan to shut down Jimmy Graham with Brees throwing him the ball, he can shut down Gordon with a scrub throwing the ball.

My prediction is 7 catches, 60 yards, 0 TDs - and 50 of it coming in garbage time.

Be interesting to see if the Hoodie can game plan to keep his defense from getting gashed on the ground. Cleveland has a very much underrated offensive line, and a pretty good defense to boot. This game may not be as ridiculous as the hype is making it.

Being that I face a team with Brady/Gronk.. i'd be more than fine with a semi-dud from Gordon, provided that the game overall.. is a low scoring, grindfest.. dud all-around for FF. Here here. :thumbsup:

I think NE shuts down Gordon this week. I don't think he clears 60 yards, with no TDs. He has bouyed my FF team the last month, but I'm benching him and starting Roddy White in his place. If the Hoodie can game plan to shut down Jimmy Graham with Brees throwing him the ball, he can shut down Gordon with a scrub throwing the ball.

My prediction is 7 catches, 60 yards, 0 TDs - and 50 of it coming in garbage time.

I'm kinda feeling the same thing. Thinking of starting Cecil Shorts over him.

New England's defense has been garbage lately. Not just the run defense either. Almost all of New England's DBs are injured. Most of them are playing through it but not very well.

Some of you guys are wildly overthinking this stuff. Gordon is a stud.

According to Rotoworld Jason Campbell was cleared for practice thursday. Good news for Gordon.

• Like 1

I think it's fair to question Gordon's production this weekend. I don't mind the matchup at all, but if some scrub is going to be throwing him the ball who can't be too comfortable with the playbook, then I think sitting him for a top 20 receiver is worth considering.

At least Weeden/Hoyer/Campbell knew the system....but now some dude off the street is just gonna come and help Gordon continue what he's been doing? Don't see it.

Matt Flynn just said he didn't know the playbook as well as he should have and look at the results.

I own Gordon in two leagues, and in both I'm in must win situations. In one, I'll be starting Gordon because I don't have anyone close to being able to put up numbers as a replacement. In the other, I'm considering either Torrey or Fitz instead of Gordon....it's an auction league, not a 6 teamer, deal with it.....neither guy has the potential of Gordon, but they have higher floors and could put up nice numbers this weekend themselves.

According to Rotoworld Jason Campbell was cleared for practice thursday. Good news for Gordon.

Finally, just noticed this. Go War Eagle Go! Get those cobwebs cleared out buddy.. We need a little pitch and catch this weekend up in Foxboro.

Even though am on a bye, will still play to 'win' this week. I'm going to roll with Fitz at home against 19th ranked STL pass defense and (against my better judgement) Torrey Smith at home against the Vikes 30th ranked. Just like those match ups better.You'd better believe Gordon will be back in my line up at home Week 15 against the Bears.

Gordon has been praised for his ability to play well no matter who is under QB. Just a thought.

Sure. Campbell and Weeden aren't very good. Hoyer? Who knows, but he isn't exactly Montana. So, yeah Gordon has put up numbers with a bad QB corps.

But all those guys have been on roster since June. They've all gone through training camp and practices and film study for the past 4 months. Tanney and Hanie? Barely two weeks.

It's one thing to suck....it's another to suck and not know wtf is going on. I think folks severely oversimplify NFL football if you think you can take some guy off the street and just tell him to chuck it to #12 every time and get ~100 yards and/or a TD. I think you have to expect a dramatic reduction in output under those circumstances.

Hopefully it's a moot point and we see Campbell out there on Sunday. If not, you have to at least consider alternatives if you have them.

I see him as a high risk high reward against a pats team that is going to scheme to take him out of the game. I would say a safety valve like cameron is going to soak up underneath targets.

With a 2 week lead and only 1 regular season game left, I am going to sit Gordon and start K.Allen instead.

D.Thomas and K.Allen at wr this week for me. A.Brown will be my flex starter.

The question is.....would you start Megatron if you knew that Hanie was gonna be chunking the rock?

That will be your answer. No, Gordon is not Mega.....but has been putting up Mega+ numbers, which is what counts at the end of the day in ff.

• Like 1

With a 2 week lead and only 1 regular season game left, I am going to sit Gordon and start K.Allen instead.

D.Thomas and K.Allen at wr this week for me. A.Brown will be my flex starter.

So you're basically telling us about your team in a scenario where this weeks game doesn't matter. Thx for the contribution!

DOUCHE CHILLLLLLLLLLLL

The question is.....would you start Megatron if you knew that Hanie was gonna be chunking the rock?

That will be your answer. No, Gordon is not Mega.....but has been putting up Mega+ numbers, which is what counts at the end of the day in ff.

Great post, because I was thinking the same thing. :cheers:

Gordon will work for everything he gets with Aqib Talib covering him.

He should still put up respectable numbers this week, especially since Campbell is looking good to start. (who'd of ever thunk we'd be cheering for Campbell to play? Wow.)

Gordon will work for everything he gets with Aqib Talib covering him.

He should still put up respectable numbers this week, especially since Campbell is looking good to start. (who'd of ever thunk we'd be cheering for Campbell to play? Wow.)

Talib had a hard time the last couple of weeks. AJ ate him up last week.

The Browns will be down and the Pats have no problem giving up yardage. There would be no way that I sit down Gordon against a team that has given up 31 points the last 2 weeks. Heck, they have not given up less than 24 points in a game since Week 5.

These guys must play in six team leagues or something. Yeah, sure, bench Gordon...if your other options are Megatron and AJ Green :wacko:

I am not in a six team league, I am just talent heavy at WR and my RB's are rubbish.... Gordon is a dilemma for me - I have:

D Thomas, AJ Green, A Jeffery and the aforementioned Gordon. :doh: ( non PPR ) start 3..

Green is about the only one I am set on.

Thomas.. Tenn pass D is pretty stout.

Gordon.. Talib.. although the fact that Campbell is back is a relative plus.

Jeffery... I have this gut feeling that Marshall goes nuts on the prime time stage.

I have no frigging idea which three to start. :dunno: