Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

What was your worst physical pain ever?

Gotcha. My apologies. Still I'm glad you made it out ok and I'm sorry. That's horrible.

:thumbsup:

Tough thing to go through. I feel so bad for you I'm going to give you a pass on your latest bout of whining about Cersei. :)

No... I was the only survivor. :(

Two kids were coming home from a graduation party, driving on the wrong side of the highway. They were throwing their empty beer cans at the road signs.

We were coming home from my BF's grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party. It was late (around 2:00a.m.), and I was tired, so I had my seat reclined and was sleeping. That probably saved my life.

They hit us at the crest of a big hill. I guess my BF didn't even see they were on the wrong side of the road, until it was too late.

I don't remember anything... Last thing I DO remember, is using the bathroom when we stopped for gas, and then waking up in the hospital 2 weeks later.

I'm extremely lucky to be alive and that my injuries weren't worse.

Wow,I can't even imagine but damn glad to have you around.My mrs lost her first love to a drunk driver,he had dropped her off after prom and her mother even asked him to spend the night on their couch because he had a bit of a drive but he declined and was killed by a drunk driver.:(

I've been lucky in that I've had no major injuries, but occasionally my calf will cramp up while I'm sleeping, and if I don't wake up and stretch, it'll feel like the muscle tore.

Pull up on your big toe, and it'll go away

I assume you thought it was a heart attack, right? That must have been horrifying.

Yeah,I thought it was the Big One.

Pull up on your big toe, and it'll go away

If I wake up quickly enough, that's what I do. But sometimes I'll sleep through the early stages, and the muscle keeps tightening until it spasms, and it hurts like a mother.

Not much compared to some of you.

Focked my ankles up pretty good so many times.

Hernia last year was no fun...not so much the hernia, but the days after surgery when the painkillers would be wearing out or waking up the next day and starting to roll out of bed.

Sinus surgery was no fun either. Really about 2-3 days after when the swelling is going on right behind my eye...that focking sucked.

In a crazy fireworks accident(well, maybe not so crazy, we were all drinking), my pants caught on fire, 3rd degree burn up my leg, above the knee to hip---far and away the worst pain I've ever experienced.

old maid..... :o

what a haunting tragic story!

gee-whiz, your family must have felt so blessed that you survived.

how long did it take you to get over that accident? (emotionally and physically)

my worst pain is a tie for 1st place: childbirth v toothache

in childbirth it's the hours of labor pains topped off by the bone cracking (pelvic bone stretches apart) vagina ripping birth of a 7 lb baby. it took 9 more months for my pelvic bone in the front to finally stop hurting.

with the toothache, i didn't even know it was my tooth because the pain at first seemed like a headache that got worse and worse until no amount of medicine or alcohol seemed to help. finally the pain localized in what i recognized to be a toothache. as someone else wrote, i wanted a gun to shoot myself in the head with. relief came when the tooth was pulled.

can't think of which pain was worse.

• Like 1

I have never broken a bone or anything like a torn tricep tendon. I would say working at Dow and spraying off my waterproof boots with a steam hose and realizing there was a hole in the boot. That was intense pain.

There is a Dow chemical by me. Ive also worked there before.

Worst pain was puncturing my eardrum. It didnt even really hurt when it happened. I was learning how to dive for the diving team in HS. The side of my face landed flat against the water which ruptured the eaedrum

I didnt know for sure thats what it was at the time, so i jumped off the board again to try and shake off the jitters. Big mistake. The water rushed into the perforation and it skewed my equalibrium. I had to be pulled out of the pool becaue i had no idea which way was up.

The pain still hadnt hit until i got home a few hours later. Once the pain started it kept escalating until i almost couldnt bare it any more without screaming.

The pain finally subsided at the ER until the doc put antibiotic drops in my ear. The liquid went through the hole, down my throat and started the pain again while burning my throat.

Haven't had too many broken bones or injuries. In my adult life though it was a visit to an endodontist to check me out for a possible rot canal. She put this cold cream on the nerve to "test" it for removal and an electric pain ran up and down my teeth and jawline all night. The b1tch wouldn't prescribe me anything so I went home and draft an entire massive jug of Carlo Rossi and passed out drunk on sh1t wine at like 3 PM.

old maid..... :o

what a haunting tragic story!

gee-whiz, your family must have felt so blessed that you survived.

how long did it take you to get over that accident? (emotionally and physically)

Thank you, Peenie.

Physically, everything healed in about 3 months. Although, I did have a steel rod in the right leg for a couple of years, that ran from my ankle to my kneecap. I also had some sort of weird contraption that was kinda like a brace, screwed into the bone below my bottom teeth that had wires on it. That drove me nuts!

I still have pain, when the weather is just right, in the bones that I broke. And I've messed up my right knee (torn ACL) that the Dr's think was probably weakened by the accident.

Emotionally, it was very hard. I don't think there are words adequate enough to describe it. I was a mess.. I don't think it is anything you ever truly recover from, you just learn to live with it.

• Like 2

Teeth pain is a special kind of pain...hate anything involved with teeth pain. Focking sucks.

• Like 2

I had a golf-ball size cyst in my ear when I was about 8 or so that needed to be surgically removed. Since then, I have had to go to the ear doctor annually to get my ear cleaned. Every so often he hits a spot in my ear where the pain shoots down my neck and I cringe. I admit I have missed a couple of years of cleanings but it only delays the inevitable.

No... I was the only survivor. :(

Two kids were coming home from a graduation party, driving on the wrong side of the highway. They were throwing their empty beer cans at the road signs.

We were coming home from my BF's grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party. It was late (around 2:00a.m.), and I was tired, so I had my seat reclined and was sleeping. That probably saved my life.

They hit us at the crest of a big hill. I guess my BF didn't even see they were on the wrong side of the road, until it was too late.

I don't remember anything... Last thing I DO remember, is using the bathroom when we stopped for gas, and then waking up in the hospital 2 weeks later.

I'm extremely lucky to be alive and that my injuries weren't worse.

:shocking:

wow. I'm not even going to tell my stupid story now...

• Like 1

I got my teeth whitened. I have somewhat sensitive teeth. THey put the laser thing on me and the technician left for 15 minutes... Within about 15 seconds it was searing tooth nerve pain, i couldn't move, i couldn't do anything. Worst pain i've ever felt, and that includes breaking multiple bones, splitting my forehead open, tearing an ACL... Wasn't even close.

I got my teeth whitened. I have somewhat sensitive teeth. THey put the laser thing on me and the technician left for 15 minutes... Within about 15 seconds it was searing tooth nerve pain, i couldn't move, i couldn't do anything. Worst pain i've ever felt, and that includes breaking multiple bones, splitting my forehead open, tearing an ACL... Wasn't even close.

So, we both have Celtic knot tattoos AND torn ACL's... :blink:

:tinfoilhat:

Nora Crazy B!otch kicking me, more like punting me, right square in the nutz. I can still feel it.

The worst was probably when I got bit by a brown recluse spider when I was in the sixth grade. It wasn't the spider bite that hurt so much as the draining and packing. I got bit on my right inside forearm. It swelled up to the size of a large water balloon. The doctor put this thing in my arm to drain all of the puss out. That hurt. But then he had to pack gauze in my arm, inch by motherfawking inch with nothing to dull the pain. There was at least six feet of half inch wide gause put in my arm.

Broken ankle. Stepped into a pothole.

Snap.

Tried to stand up a few times but fell. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't stand until i looked down to see my ankle kicked out to the side.

Fleeting pain that sharply quakes through nerves or muscle. It feels like acid has leaked out of some channel it should be in and is burning nerves. Not that that's possible :dunno: Take your breath away, fall out of a chair, drop what you're holding and then down on your knees in a crowded grocery store sharp but the longest it has lasted is ~8 seconds.

I had a liver biopsy that went bad.

They hit a nerve, and it fried me enough that the hospital "coded" me - they didn't know what happened, I became siezure-like and unresponsive, they thought I was dying.

Mrs. TD was right there for it all too - when I woke up, she was also being attended to, poor girl thought I died..

Yes, the whole thing was painful, but more than that, it was sickening... the pop of the sac that the organ sits in is disturbing, but then they hit the nerve, my right side/shoulder went achy and numb in the most bizarre, f'd up way... and I instantly felt sick/drugged/focked/weak/dying.before becoming seizure-like and unresponsive. Painful yes, but deeply disturbing and weird too. I honestly think that's what it must feel like when you're dying.

So, we both have Celtic knot tattoos AND torn ACL's... :blink:

:tinfoilhat:

i read this right before going into a meeting with an interior designer :shocking:

What a horrible thing to go through, Oldmaid. :(

My pain was self inflicted. I elected to have three teeth drilled and filled with no Novocaine. The dentist asked me why and I told him I was singing in a bar band and didn't want to be slurring my words. He said fine; just raise you hand if you want me to stop.

Got clipped by a car before, broke my ankle and most of the soft tissue down there, that hurt like a mother dude.

Lol, if you put focker in your posts (with the u)it changes it to "dude". I'm going to leave it

Easy, catheter insertion. End thread.

Nope. Pancreatitis.

I've broken bones in my hand a couple times. Meh. Torn ACL. Meh.

The worst was some sort of abdominal pain. Don't know what it was but that sh!t was excruciating! Felt like something in my stomach was ripping a hole trying to get out.

Nope. Pancreatitis.

My aunt died of that in December!

She was a healthy thin woman who ate well and exercised and was even a runner.

She got sick, was hospitalized and died a few months later.

Please tell me about your experience.

Was it caused by gallstones??

My aunt died of that in December!

She was a healthy thin woman who ate well and exercised and was even a runner.

She got sick, was hospitalized and died a few months later.

Please tell me about your experience.

Was it caused by gallstones??

I bet alcohol.

Teeth pain is a special kind of pain...hate anything involved with teeth pain. Focking sucks.

Tied with my "kick in the balls" story: my tooth abscessed on a plane to Michigan. I was going to meet my girlfriend's parents (future inlaws) for the first time. It was a Saturday and they lived in the middle of nowhere; by the late evening my face looked like it was hit with a lead pipe and I was writhing in agony. For some reason we decided to wait until the next day to drive the hour to the nearest ER, so I dulled the pain with 12 ounce vodkas with a splash of OJ. I'd swish it around in my mouth for a minute, swallow, and repeat.

Oh yeah, my future FIL was a recovering alcoholic. Nice first impression, eh? :lol:

Sunday comes, we drive to Traverse City I think, and the ER says "yeah, that looks like an abscess. Here are some antibiotics and pain pills and go see a dentist tomorrow." Monday we find a dentist who lances it to relieve some pressure but won't start a root canal because it is a multi-week process and would be hard for a different dentist to pick up half way through.

So I spent the rest of my vacation in slightly less pain. The last day I golfed with my future BIL. On the last hole I hit an 8 iron well but the ball clipped the one focking small branch sticking out. Without saying a word I turned the club around and smashed it into the ground. Afterward he said to my now-wife "umm, is he always that violent?" She said no, it was probably the toof. Which it was; I've never done that before or since. Another good first impression. :thumbsup: