Sign in to follow this  
TylerRoseFan

Natural Remedies and Stuff

Warning, below is prolly TMI.

So, as part of my recent getting healthy thing, Mrs TRF and I are looking for natural remedies for all kinds of . We started out on skin care by getting a 54 oz jar of organic coconut oil. Coconut oil is good for all kinds of skin issues because it has natural antibiotic and anti viral properties. We use it for everything from hand lotion to cooking with it. Then got a 2 oz bottle of oregano oil. Then we upgraded to tea tree oil, lavender oil, and peppermint oil. We mix most of them but basically is a listing of REAL results we have seen.

Oregano/Coconut- I've got a funky toe that's w/ me for nearly a decade. I didn't think it was worthy of going to a doctor, but it was just kinda yellow and . I tried all kinds of natural cures to no avail. I started putting the mixture on it every morning before work and at night before bed. In about a month I've got healthy pink almost 3/4 of the way in my toe.

Oregano/Coconut-I've had some rosatia on my nose and cheeks for about 2 years. I tried some metro-gel from the Dr as well as some other creams. Nothing. I started using this concoction at random and BOOM, no more Rudolf.

Tea Tree/Coconut-I'm getting old. Never really bothered w/ my bald spot. Figured about 3 weeks ago that I'd start putting it on my bald spot. Hair is actually growing back. Unfucking believable.

Tea Tree Oil-I had two skin tags on my hip. I put tea tree oil directly on them using a q-tip for about two weeks. Gone.

Tea Tree/Coconut-TRF Jr had athletes foot. Put that on it 2x a day for a few days and it's gone.

Tea Tree/Coconut-TRF Jr's Little brother's frat had an outbreak of scabies. I gave him the tea tree/coconut to put on it 3 times a day. Washed all clothes and sheets and stuff in hot water. Gone in no time without having to pay $75 for the salve the dr wanted to give him.

Oregano/Coconut-I put it on any cut, scrape, burn I get. Same can be done w/ the tea tree. Sometimes I interchange them.

Lavender/Coconut-I rub it on my temples to relieve headaches and help me relax.

Lavender-Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place it in random places around the house to keep a fresh scent

Peppermint Oil-Same as Lavender

Lavender & Peppermint used during different times to help w/ overall mood and focus.

I basically use the oils for everything I can think of and have noticed an overall improvement in my complexion and skin tone. It seems less aged.

Look these are all anecdotal, but real observations from me and my family. Look up the applications yourself if you don't believe me. I'd recommend it anyway

I hear Windex cures just about everything, too. ;)

• Like 2

I hear Windex cures just about everything, too. ;)

Nope, just skeeter bites...;)

Warning, below is prolly TMI.

So, as part of my recent getting healthy thing, Mrs TRF and I are looking for natural remedies for all kinds of ######. We started out on skin care by getting a 54 oz jar of organic coconut oil. Coconut oil is good for all kinds of skin issues because it has natural antibiotic and anti viral properties. We use it for everything from hand lotion to cooking with it. Then got a 2 oz bottle of oregano oil. Then we upgraded to tea tree oil, lavender oil, and peppermint oil. We mix most of them but basically is a listing of REAL results we have seen.

Oregano/Coconut- I've got a funky toe that's ###### w/ me for nearly a decade. I didn't think it was worthy of going to a doctor, but it was just kinda yellow and ######. I tried all kinds of natural cures to no avail. I started putting the mixture on it every morning before work and at night before bed. In about a month I've got healthy pink almost 3/4 of the way in my toe.

Oregano/Coconut-I've had some rosatia on my nose and cheeks for about 2 years. I tried some metro-gel from the Dr as well as some other creams. Nothing. I started using this concoction at random and BOOM, no more Rudolf.

Tea Tree/Coconut-I'm getting old. Never really bothered w/ my bald spot. Figured about 3 weeks ago that I'd start putting it on my bald spot. Hair is actually growing back. Unfucking believable.

Tea Tree Oil-I had two skin tags on my hip. I put tea tree oil directly on them using a q-tip for about two weeks. Gone.

Tea Tree/Coconut-TRF Jr had athletes foot. Put that ###### on it 2x a day for a few days and it's gone.

Tea Tree/Coconut-TRF Jr's Little brother's frat had an outbreak of scabies. I gave him the tea tree/coconut to put on it 3 times a day. Washed all clothes and sheets and stuff in hot water. Gone in no time without having to pay $75 for the salve the dr wanted to give him.

Oregano/Coconut-I put it on any cut, scrape, burn I get. Same can be done w/ the tea tree. Sometimes I interchange them.

Lavender/Coconut-I rub it on my temples to relieve headaches and help me relax.

Lavender-Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place it in random places around the house to keep a fresh scent

Peppermint Oil-Same as Lavender

Lavender & Peppermint used during different times to help w/ overall mood and focus.

I basically use the oils for everything I can think of and have noticed an overall improvement in my complexion and skin tone. It seems less aged.

Look these are all anecdotal, but real observations from me and my family. Look up the applications yourself if you don't believe me. I'd recommend it anyway

Tell me how it works when you develop chest pain, pneumonia or AIDS.

Seriously though, tea tree oil has known antibacterial properties. So does honey. And pretty much any oil/cream will help moisturize your skin. But if you keep rubbing sh!t on your skin just because of some unsubstantiated naturopath's claims, you'll eventually find something to which you are allergic.

Local honey is good for allergies.

Olive earl is good for dry skin.

• Like 1

Tell me how it works when you develop chest pain, pneumonia or AIDS.

Seriously though, tea tree oil has known antibacterial properties. So does honey. And pretty much any oil/cream will help moisturize your skin. But if you keep rubbing sh!t on your skin just because of some unsubstantiated naturopath's claims, you'll eventually find something to which you are allergic.

You can say it came from a naturopath, that's fine. I'm telling you this because I did these on myself. Take the information or not. Works for me and I'm cool with it.

You can say it came from a naturopath, that's fine. I'm telling you this because I did these on myself. Take the information or not. Works for me and I'm cool with it.

If it works for you, great. Just don't assume every nut oil will cure your ills. And definitely research anything you use/ingest to treat more serious medical conditions.

If it works for you, great. Just don't assume every nut oil will cure your ills. And definitely research anything you use/ingest to treat more serious medical conditions.

Ever here of ST-30? Can only get it in a local drug store here. It's a miracle drug. Basically an oral hygiene that has a few other uses. Cuts, bruises, and small abrasions. Never seen anything work the way it does. My daughter once fell and hit her head on the end of our coffee table. Had a huge egg on her forehead. Put the ST on and it was gone by morning. Have looked for it in many of the national retail stores. Can't figure out why it's not on the big market shelves.

Ever here of ST-30? Can only get it in a local drug store here. It's a miracle drug. Basically an oral hygiene that has a few other uses. Cuts, bruises, and small abrasions. Never seen anything work the way it does. My daughter once fell and hit her head on the end of our coffee table. Had a huge egg on her forehead. Put the ST on and it was gone by morning. Have looked for it in many of the national retail stores. Can't figure out why it's not on the big market shelves.

No, just WD-40.

Don't trust Whitey

See a doctor and get rid of it.

I haven't used it much myself, but my wife swears that emu oil does pretty much everything short of curing cancer. If I were to lose an arm in a wood chipper her sum-total response would be "Put some emu oil on it."

• Like 1

I love Coconut oil and avacado oil (together makes a great hair mask and gives me super soft hair) but have been wanting to try the living essentials products for sleep issues I have, I'm trying to not be an avid pill popper and try the healthier route since taking ambien, xanax, melatonan and sleepytime tea still only allows me 2-3 hours of sleep a night.

• Like 1

I love Coconut oil and avacado oil (together makes a great hair mask and gives me super soft hair) but have been wanting to try the living essentials products for sleep issues I have, I'm trying to not be an avid pill popper and try the healthier route since taking ambien, xanax, melatonan and sleepytime tea still only allows me 2-3 hours of sleep a night.

Ugh!! Not being able to sleep sucks.

You're not having good luck with Melatonin? I was given that suggestion here, and it works like a charm, most nights. I find that if I take it an hour or so before bed, and then read... It really makes me sleepy.

Ugh!! Not being able to sleep sucks.

You're not having good luck with Melatonin? I was given that suggestion here, and it works like a charm, most nights. I find that if I take it an hour or so before bed, and then read... It really makes me sleepy.

My night usually goes like this.... take 2 advil PM's at 6:30... get a little tired, take 2 unisom and a 10mg of melatonan at 7:45pm... and then if I have a prescription and am still awake by 10, I pop a ambien or xanax, or both. I fall asleep. I then wake up at 12:30, 2:00, 3:00, 4:30...so on. I can't stay alseep. I got blood work done last week and was diagnosed with low levels of testosterone and Hypothyroidism. I'm praying that the crap they injected into me and pills start working. What I would do for 8 hours.

My night usually goes like this.... take 2 advil PM's at 6:30... get a little tired, take 2 unisom and a 10mg of melatonan at 7:45pm... and then if I have a prescription and am still awake by 10, I pop a ambien or xanax, or both. I fall asleep. I then wake up at 12:30, 2:00, 3:00, 4:30...so on. I can't stay alseep. I got blood work done last week and was diagnosed with low levels of testosterone and Hypothyroidism. I'm praying that the crap they injected into me and pills start working. What I would do for 8 hours.

Damn!!! I'll never complain about not being able to sleep again.

I've always had trouble falling asleep, but a couple of years ago, I went through about a six month period where I couldn't fall asleep until 4-6 am. It was happening 3-5 nights a week. I tried a bunch of OTC stuff, but nothing helped. So, I kinda feel your pain. Not getting enough sleep wreaks havoc on your life. Thankfully, Melatonin worked for me. Hopefully, they figure out something that works for you.

I produce this lotion that puts me to sleep like a baby. Should try rubbing some on you

I produce this lotion that puts me to sleep like a baby. Should try rubbing some on you

:D

sleep issues I have, I'm trying to not be an avid pill popper and try the healthier route since taking ambien, xanax, melatonan and sleepytime tea still only allows me 2-3 hours of sleep a night.

Ever been tested for sleep apnea? That sounds an awful lot like my old routine. Not that I'm a great sleeper now, but having dealt with the apnea I get an extra couple hours nightly without as many drugs and feel much better each day.

Ever been tested for sleep apnea? That sounds an awful lot like my old routine. Not that I'm a great sleeper now, but having dealt with the apnea I get an extra couple hours nightly without as many drugs and feel much better each day.

This.

I'm guessing, but I bet it works better if taken orally?

I apply lavender and peppermint twice daily to my brain tumor, and it is noticeably more fragrant. I've gotten compliments. :thumbsup:

nitric acid makes for a good emena.

The wife (34 F) and I had a discussion about this last night. She comes in the bedroom and starts rubbing sh!t all over me and I'm like WTF are you doing? She said I rubbing essential oils on you. It's supposed to help you sleep, etc. Anyway she tells me she has several friends that swear by the stuff. I guess I did sleep pretty good not to mention I had a bit of a chubby.

not to mention I had a bit of a chubby.

That's no way to talk about your own wife :nono:

(Sorry, I had to)

My mother swears by Young Living essential oils. I however do not believe in the shitt he is selling. To me he is a quack running a MLM scheme.

• Like 1

My son hit me on top of the head with a toy wooden hammer when he was a toddler. I had a scab that would not go away for 13 years. I softened it up with coconut oil and it healed in 11 days. I also lowered my blood pressure 20 points by eating two tablespoons of coconut oil a day. A somewhat unpleasant experience, but I got used to it.

• Like 1

The wife (34 F) and I had a discussion about this last night. She comes in the bedroom and starts rubbing sh!t all over me and I'm like WTF are you doing? She said I rubbing essential oils on you. It's supposed to help you sleep, etc. Anyway she tells me she has several friends that swear by the stuff. I guess I did sleep pretty good not to mention I had a bit of a chubby.

It's been helping me sleep too! If you had a chubby why didn't we have sex? :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

It's been helping me sleep too! If you had a chubby why didn't we have sex? :thumbsdown:

He was referring to you

• Like 2

manuka honey for the face. cleans it up, makes it smooth. didn't take away the old, though.