Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Phobias

Got one? Or a few?

I can't watch the part in "kill Bill" where she's trying to bust out of the coffin. Or "Shawshank" where he climbs through the tunnel. Freaks me the fawk out. Small spaces and the possibility of being stuck in them are mine. If there is a hell, I know the place I'm going.

I've been bitten by deadly spiders and come close to drowning a few times. No problem there. Put me under a house or crawl space and I freeze.

The thought if a world without booze is the other.

Heights. Once, we went to six flags over Texas in high school. The roller coasters and stuff... No problem. The big tall observation tower where you can see the whole park? It sways in the wind. I crawled off on my hands and knees.

I am VERY claustrophobic.

It is REALLY bad. I need an MRI done and can not do it because I freak the fock out in that damn tunnel. I have done 2 before, one closed and one open. They both terrified me. I was not very claustrophobic until that first MRI. It rooned me. :(

I tried as recently as 2 months ago. If the biatch could have left my head out, I would make it. 6 inches FOCKED me.

I'm weird about bugs... I've pulled the lawn mower out of my shed and seen literally 100's of roaches scatter - it had absolutly no effect on me. If I see just one roach creaping on my kitchen floor and I start dry-heaving.

Roach phobia that varies on location. :dunno:

It is REALLY bad. I need an MRI done and can not do it because I freak the fock out in that damn tunnel. I have done 2 before, one closed and one open. They both terrified me. I was not very claustrophobic until that first MRI. It rooned me. :(

I tried as recently as 2 months ago. If the biatch could have left my head out, I would make it. 6 inches FOCKED me.

Yep! Had a nurse tell me once to fart in the MRI chamber to relax me. Said my vapors would allow me to relax. Damn if it did, damn if it didn't.

I'm weird about bugs... I've pulled the lawn mower out of my shed and seen literally 100's of roaches scatter - it had absolutly no effect on me. If I see just one roach creaping on my kitchen floor and I start dry-heaving.

Roach phobia that varies on location. :dunno:

Those flying six inchers here in the summertime are my wifeys phobia. I spray the fawk out of my house and they still find their way in. If she could seal the entire house, she would. And we have. She's convinced the only reason they get in the house is because I walk in and out all night.

They somehow piggy back on me and get inside.

Heights and water (can't swim).

So bridges over water give me trouble. Drove over the Sunshine Skyway a few months ago. Full blown panic attack. Palms were dripping with sweat.

So bridges over water give me trouble. Drove over the Sunshine Skyway a few months ago. Full blown panic attack. Palms were dripping with sweat.

Dogs too?

I can't stand to watch someone cut themselves. So, any scenes that involve knives or razor blades (in movies) freak me out.

Other than that, I'm pretty fearless.

Heights, though I've tried my damnedest to conquer that fear. Been skydiving, I go up in every tall building/tower I can. Still scares the shite out of me. Been on the Big Shot in Vegas 2x (scared the crap out of the first time (more than skydiving). Went up in the CN Tower in Toronto (highest freestanding observation pt in the West) with 2 female co-workers from Canada and they were all like, "come by the window" I was plastered against the far wall (maybe 2 feet behind them) and couldn't get over to the window.

So bridges over water give me trouble.

That's called Garfunkelphobia

not sure if it is a phobia, but definitely don't like driving in windy conditions on the highway. anyone here ever drive interstate 81 between winchester and harrisonburg? wind just whips across pushing vehicles side to side. not a good situation especially with all the tractor trailers.

The polar bears at the zoo freak me out. I can look at any other carnivorous animal with no problem at all, but my chest tightens up and I get a little light-headed when I see the polar bears.

Off the top of my head, I have 2.

Claustrophobic, with the caveat that I only freak out of its hot. I am unsure why. It comes up most often in elevators when they make a funny noise or take too long to get someplace. If it's cold outside and in the elevator, I don't panic for some reason. But if it's hot and humid, I start feeling like I won't be able to breathe if in that elevator much longer.

And I am unsure if it's a phobia, but I have an irrational fear of blindness. I wear contacts and really would like to do Lasik or something for my eyes. Especially considering I spend large portions of my summer in swimming pools, at which point just a drop of water in my eye will cause contact lens chaos. But when I hear people describe the eye surgery, and that point when you go blind for a few minutes, I freak out and decide I can't handle it. I just imagine the fear I would have in that 3 minutes or whatever, and I imagine what I would do if I went permanently blind.....freaks me out.

The polar bears at the zoo freak me out. I can look at any other carnivorous animal with no problem at all, but my chest tightens up and I get a little light-headed when I see the polar bears.

Well that's just smart. Polar bears are the only bears that will regularly prey on humans. Other bears will do so only when sick or starved.

I wouldn't call them phobias exactly but I hate exotic bugs and reptiles. They creep me out. I'm sure it's because I've lived in colder climates most of my life so I am rarely exposed to them.

And I am unsure if it's a phobia, but I have an irrational fear of blindness. I wear contacts and really would like to do Lasik or something for my eyes. Especially considering I spend large portions of my summer in swimming pools, at which point just a drop of water in my eye will cause contact lens chaos. But when I hear people describe the eye surgery, and that point when you go blind for a few minutes, I freak out and decide I can't handle it. I just imagine the fear I would have in that 3 minutes or whatever, and I imagine what I would do if I went permanently blind.....freaks me out.

You aren't alone... I don't know if there has ever been a case where someone went blind during a Lasik procedure, but I won't get it done because I know that if there hasn't been a case, I would become the first...

You live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes and you can't swim? :(

You live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes and you can't swim? :(

He moved there because he thought it was 'Cakes'.

Well that's just smart. Polar bears are the only bears that will regularly prey on humans. Other bears will do so only when sick or starved.

Yeah, but in the zoo, they are behind 6 inches of plexiglass. No threat whatsoever.

Still scare the sh1t out of me.

I'm sort of claustrophobic and I get extremely nervous with my son in crowds that he's going to get lost, trampled etc.

I got stuckored in an elevator at work last week :wave:

I got stuckored in an elevator at work last week :wave:

Did you try pushing the button for the floor you wanted to go to?

• Like 1

Did you try pushing the button for the floor you wanted to go to?

Dammit :doh:

Heights. Once, we went to six flags over Texas in high school. The roller coasters and stuff... No problem. The big tall observation tower where you can see the whole park? It sways in the wind. I crawled off on my hands and knees.

My legs literally get all tingly even if I am just looking out over a tall balcony.

Fingernails getting ripped off (such as when you see people dragged and they are clawing at whatever to stay put and their fingernails break off)

And spiders. Fock spiders!!! I'll kill them, but I don't ever want to see them or hang around places that have them such as basements or under houses.

I have a basement that never has any spider problems (fully finished), but each spring/summer I put a 3 pack of 10,000sqft bug bombs down there. It's only like 600sqft and I pump it full of 30,000sqft of bug bomb because I never want to see anything alive down there.

I used to live in st Pete. The sunshine skyway terrifies me. Especially when it's windy and rainy. Ugh.

My Phobia? Meeting chicks in here and moving to live with them ;) lol

I don't really have a phobia, although have a massive hatred for spiders thanks to arachnophobia :nono: I have no problem killing each and everyone of those nasty 8 legged creatures with a shoe.

Heights (seems reasonable for a 6'8" guy, right?). Can ride roller coasters etc with no problem. Wouldn't get on a ferris wheel for my life. Less likely to stand near an outdoor edge ("near" being within about 6'8"). Indoors? No problem. Bizarre.

Want one even dopier?

Needles. I've had a double lung transplant and a weekly IV for almost 15 years. I've had a million shots and blood drawn just as often. I have and do administer my own IV through my port. But I can't even watch one moving toward a vein (mine, real life or special effect) without feeling the blood drain from my head.

Snakes, can't stand them at all. Even the little garter snakes which are harmless, can't be near them.