Sign in to follow this  
Semper Latte: Obama causes firestorm by saluting Marines with coffee cup...

That is pretty focked up, saluting is the second thing they teach you in basic training after how to stand still.

I blame the Marines in this case.if i see a Guy with his hands full I don't stick my hand up to shake his hand it's common courtesy

same thing when they did the same thing to bush. poor f***** damn near dropped his dog as he was trying to awkwardly salute a couple Marines

perhaps mung can clarify?

first, it's just impractical. And second, I thought you were only supposed to salute when both of you were wearing lids

According to standard military protocol, it is not appropriate for the President of the United States to return salutes from uniformed military personnel because, although the President holds the title of Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. armed forces, he is not himself a member of the military, nor does he wear a uniform. The tradition of U.S. presidents' returning salutes is a fairly recent one which began with the administration of President Ronald Reagan in 1981...

Maybe other military people can chime in, but I've seen all kinds of bad salutes while I was in. This is no big deal, at least imo. I saw Bush salute while holding his dog....no big deal. Just my two cents. I saw officers, while I was in, salute with all kinds of junk or crap in their hands. He doesn't have to salute at all.

he saluted :dunno:

Yes, but this was in response to the previous post about Bush doing something similar...

I don't really expect much from a sitting president with regard to military protocol, unless he is prior, then I would hold him to a higher standard.

I don't really expect much from a sitting president with regard to military protocol, unless he is prior, then I would hold him to a higher standard.

and he's not even American :mad:

he saluted :dunno:

there's a different picture of Bush and his dog in USA Today. Poor dog has a look on his face like what the ?

this. I mean if Eisenhower didn't do it...

Maybe other military people can chime in, but I've seen all kinds of bad salutes while I was in. This is no big deal, at least imo. I saw Bush salute while holding his dog....no big deal. Just my two cents. I saw officers, while I was in, salute with all kinds of junk or crap in their hands. He doesn't have to salute at all.

I bet it was a biitch clicking your heels together

Firestorm!!! lololol The only people who give a rat's ass are the same losers who care how he throws a baseball.

Firestorm!!! lololol The only people who give a rat's ass are the same losers who care how he throws a baseball.

Well, now that is a different story, you can tell a lot about a man by the way he throws a baseball.....

Left hand sure, but never the right. I've never seen an officer salute with something in their right. I'm pretty laid back, but if I saw that, they'd get a a bit of an ass chewing

What a doosh. How hard is it to switch the cup to the left hand for 5 focking seconds?

While it is not required for the POTUS to return a salute, if he's going to do it he should do it correctly.

What a doosh. How hard is it to switch the cup to the left hand for 5 focking seconds?

While it is not required for the POTUS to return a salute, if he's going to do it he should do it correctly.

Exactly...

he has no military background.

with something like coffee in his hand, it's a lose-lose situation.

if he switched hands, he risked spilling it on himself or looking like a dork because he's non-military giving a salute as if he's military (stolen valor).

if he did nothing but look ahead he looks like an a-hole.

he just reacted in a fashion that was normal to him, not overly thought out, which i prefer.

some of you live for this sht. get a life.

• Like 1

if he switched hands, he risked spilling it on himself or looking like a dork because he's non-military giving a salute as if he's military (stolen valor).

he just reacted in a fashion that was normal to him, not overly thought out, which i prefer.

I would thing a grave "carry on" mood would be the way to go.

:wall:

He knows that there are going to be Marines at the bottom of the steps, just put the cup in his left hand before stepping out of the chopper...

I once saw a post where Newbie mentioned that people complain so much about Obama that all of it just eventually gets tuned out.

He's completely right.

Complaining about crap like this is why nobody listens to legitimate complaints.

• Like 1

He's had a few years to figure it out. Although you're probably right in that he "just reacted in a fashion that was normal to him". But just because being disrespectful to the military might be normal to him doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Everything is a firestorm to haters.

I heard he shaved this morning, :mad: what a disgrace he is to the office.

Then he brushed his teeth. :mad:

I can't believe people voted for this clown.

Then he made a statement before playing a round of golf :mad:

:wall:

He knows that there are going to be Marines at the bottom of the steps, just put the cup in his left hand before stepping out of the chopper...

Yeah, he only walks past marine guards A every time he enters and leaves a room. He really should spent most of his time considering courtesies.

faux(fox caused) outrage over something that is a non issue. Bush would neeeevvveeer do something like this. He just started 2 wars an wiped out the surplus and then started and illegal wiretapping program.But hey...that obama muslim did not give the correct salute. Buuuuuurrrnnnn him

:lol:

Some people seem to have extremely low expectations for the president. "Leave Obama alone. It's not like he's been formally trained how to raise his right hand to his forehead".

Some people seem to have extremely low expectations for the president. "Leave Obama alone. It's not like he's been formally trained how to raise his right hand to his forehead".

after our last president. My expectations are very,very low.

Homer: semper fudge

Marine: Did you say semper fudge?

Homer: No, I said the right thing.

The worst part is Obummer was wearing white and it's after Labor Day. :doh:

The worst part is Obummer was wearing white and it's after Labor Day. :doh:

Good point. :lol:

Wait, I mean :mad: