Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

must own handcuff

Not talking about a guy in a time share.. I mean a guy who is clearly the #2 back but if #1 goes down he instantly becomes a top 10 back

im thinking Kniles davis is one such back.. any others?

Arguably Ryan Matthews.

If one of McFadden/Randle goes down then the other would likely take a big bump up.

I dont think there is any argument about it. If you own Demarco Murray, you shoud grab this guy.

He may also put up serviceable numbers in the event this turns into a time share.

Hillman

ferchrissakes, been yappin' about him all preseason, and drafted him in 10th rd over the weekend, then I neglect to mention him .... D'OH

HILLMAN

Had to go Davis relatively early to ensure I got him. Since I drafted Gurley in a flex spot and my best bench option is Martavis Bryant, I probably screwed myself at flex for awhile, but I had to make sure I got Davis as a Charles owner.

nobody talks about him as a handcuff, but deangelo williams. A talented back whos already garanteed two starts and will be next in line if bell were to get hurt.

CJ Anderson and Hillman***Trust me on this, Ball isn't a factor, neither is Thompson, I don't care what the depth chart says.

Charles and Davis

Murray and Matthews as mentioned of course.

Maybe Hill and Bernard

as a hill owner I didn't feel the need to reach on Bernard. someone took him in the 6th round in my league anyway, no way I was doing that. Bernard was struggling quite a bit last season before hill came in and completely took over. I'm not sure Bernard fits Jackson's offense quite like Hill does. either way, I don't see hill as an injury risk like I would with D.murray, Anderson, or Charles.

Matt Jones is looking very explosive ... and may not need AlfMo to go down in order to usurp.

Alf Morris is a UFA in 2016 as well. A late round selection or low auction $$$ amount for Jones may be gold next season.

One not mentioned yet is Alfred Blue for Arian Foster.

Nobody handcuffs to a mid rounder like Foster.

Anderson, Murray, Hill, and Charles are all top RB taken in the first or second rounds in every league. You handcuff to a RB stud who is getting 75% or more of the carries.

Foster ADP is 4.1 in most 12 team leagues, in keeper leagues he drops even lower to like R7.

as a hill owner I didn't feel the need to reach on Bernard. someone took him in the 6th round in my league anyway, no way I was doing that. Bernard was struggling quite a bit last season before hill came in and completely took over. I'm not sure Bernard fits Jackson's offense quite like Hill does. either way, I don't see hill as an injury risk like I would with D.murray, Anderson, or Charles.

ah...not no fast. Hill did most of his best work while Gio was hurt. Gio will still get his time in this offense. Hill is a great back, but in somewhat of a time share in my opinion. That's why I have avoided him this year.

• Like 1

Not talking about a guy in a time share.. I mean a guy who is clearly the #2 back but if #1 goes down he instantly becomes a top 10 back

im thinking Kniles davis is one such back.. any others?

Davis I can see being a top ten back and I think that's it . There are other good backup like Mathews and Hillman and Davis is the only one I can see being a top ten back .

Davis I can see being a top ten back and I think that's it . There are other good backup like Mathews and Hillman and Davis is the only one I can see being a top ten back .

Knile produced quite well when Charles went down in KC. I think any smart Charles owner would grab him.

ah...not no fast. Hill did most of his best work while Gio was hurt. Gio will still get his time in this offense. Hill is a great back, but in somewhat of a time share in my opinion. That's why I have avoided him this year.

we had extensive discussions about their usage last year, there was a pretty good thread about it. after gio came back from missing weeks 9-11 there was a couple of weeks they split then from weeks 15-17 it was more than clear hill was the guy. Check the game logs.

I'll listen to gio having value in that it's a run heavy offense with plenty of carries to be had but I see 20-25 touches for hill and 10-15 at most for gio. was not worth a 6th round pick(where he went in my league). Too expensive for a handcuff or rb3 esp with hill not being a high injury risk which is key for taking high handcuffs.

Is Woodhead considered a handcuff?

depends on the scoring. I took him as a potential flex starter in .5 ppr. kinda like gio he's not built for every down work and will likely keep a fairly similar role even if the starter goes down. different situation than most though in that Gordon hasn't locked down the position yet. I suppose he could be a handcuff in that respect...again depends on your scoring.

Matt Jones is looking very explosive ... and may not need AlfMo to go down in order to usurp.

Yup...I drafted jones in the 10th last monday and I don't own morris....he's worth a pick even if you aren't handcuffing....I think the writing is on the wall ....morris has no ties to this regime....Jones is a mccloughan guy....he's going to get his shot sooner or later

i own

freeman

crowell

sankey

all in are in a time share rbbc situation

is Davis or Jones worth owning over these three?

Asiata.

McKinnon would still remain the 3rd down/change of pace guy if Peterson goes down or is suspended for whatever reason. He may not rack up the yards, but he will score TD's.

In dynasty Josh Robinson is a nice handcuff. Gore has had close to 300 touches for 9 straight years, and that brother don't run for the sideline.

Asiata.

McKinnon would still remain the 3rd down/change of pace guy if Peterson goes down or is suspended for whatever reason. He may not rack up the yards, but he will score TD's.

I owned both thos guys last year, and they couldn't come up with any decent numbers even with AP out all year. Neither are worth handcuffing.

I like Davis and also Starks also Hillman and Mathews.

Mason is interesting.

Not really a handcuff, and will likely be the back to own for the Rams for the first few weeks at least, but could also be the better back all year if it take Gurley a while to catch on. If you take a flyer on Gurley's upside, it could be wise to have Mason as well but that's a lot to dedicated to a Ram's backfield that probably won't be great either way.

If the value of people becomes similar then fine ill take my handcuff, you can have my leftovers. Ill spend my time on people I think may win the starting gig or at least get me 12 carries compared to what can happen if somebody gets injured.

If the value of people becomes similar then fine ill take my handcuff, you can have my leftovers. Ill spend my time on people I think may win the starting gig or at least get me 12 carries compared to what can happen if somebody gets injured.

Most of the time there are not enough rb in a draft to take the players you have listed and at times the best available is a handcuff . So everyone else like yourself would like to take the 12 carries a game guy in some cases it's just not available .

I rarely draft my own handcuffs. I tend to draft RB Heavy in middle rounds and WR heavy in late rounds and it seems I don't need a handcuff since i already have another start-able option.