Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

At least 15 dead in Oregon college shooting

TB&B is the only one here I have seen that advocates banning guns, and I don't think he means it, it's heat of the moment. I don't want guns banned, but the pro guns side argument about no gun zones leading to these massacres loses sight of the fact that our children and college students and movie goers should have protection, even if they don't want to carry a gun.

Honestly though what is your take on it? Do you want guns banned or stricter gun laws?

I'm with you that gun free zones don't cause these massacres. However it does make it easy for people who have guns to kill a lot of people quickly with little to no resistance. For college campuses they have enough money to hire more security to help prevent these kinds of things. Same with regular schools. They would need more security and better active shooter plans.

Shooter has been identified. 26 year old Chris Harper Mercer. He was carrying 3 handguns and 1 rifle. The college itself has one unarmed guard there on campus. They decided against armed security last year. I suspect this will change and other colleges will have more armed security. In this day and age you need it.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html

And here's the typical "I don't understand why he would do this. He was always such a quiet, nice boy who put people before himself. He wanted everyone to be happy"

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Oregon-Mass-Shooters-Sister-From-SoCal-Speaks-Out-330352981.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_LABrand

It's BEYOND IDIOTIC to think that guns won't be available after you get your leftist Utopian Society or that Governments won't harm their own people. Leftist fockers simply need to go start their own Country instead of Fundamentally Transforming THIS ONE!!

Thanks for chiming in again, po'colts

Huh... halfbreed. If Obama had a son...

So...is it still considered "white police officers killing black man instead of taking him in peacefully"?

Thanks for chiming in again, po'colts

?......Ex Little Rusty here.

Shooter has been identified. 26 year old Chris Harper Mercer. He was carrying 3 handguns and 1 rifle. The college itself has one unarmed guard there on campus. They decided against armed security last year. I suspect this will change and other colleges will have more armed security. In this day and age you need it.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html

And here's the typical "I don't understand why he would do this. He was always such a quiet, nice boy who put people before himself. He wanted everyone to be happy"

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Oregon-Mass-Shooters-Sister-From-SoCal-Speaks-Out-330352981.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_LABrand

Another "if you believe what you read online" thing from the cowardly fock

In one post on the blog about Vester Flanagan, the man who killed the reporter and cameraman in Virginia, Mercer apparently wrote, "I have noticed that so many people like [Flanagan] are alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems like the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight."

I doubt that Warhol envisioned this.

An online dating profile that appears to belong to Mercer lists his hobbies and interests as "Internet, killing zombies, movies, music, reading." Under ethnicity, it says "mixed race" and his relationship status says "single -- never married."

The profile also says he is currently in college and lives with his parents, is a Republican and not religious. It also says he doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs.

One of the groups on the site that he belongs to is called "Doesn't Like Organized Religion."

REPUBLICAN ZOMBIE KILLER !@#

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/umpqua-community-college-shooting-chris-harper-mercer/

I may be wrong, but it seems like CBS may be putting sh1t into print a tad bit to fast.

Meh...We'll see :dunno:

Ban all guns. Then realize white trash hicks won't give them up and watch chaos ensue trying to disarm them. Good luck coming for the rifle of old grand pappy on the porch. As long as there's blacks and messicans, white people will want guns. As long as there's guns, blacks and messicans will kill eachother with them. There's just no hope for America and especially "Murica", we will never catch up to the other few civilized countries. We will continue to be the laughing stock of the civilized world when it comes to gun violence and rampant killing. Middle East a d ISIS doesn't count, they are not civilized, they are animals in mud huts as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and guess what's helping our reputation. Donald freaking Trump will be front and center for next years debate. They must be having a field day with him in Britain, Europe, Canada, Australia, those few Asian places that aren't cesspools, aka the civilized places.

It's BEYOND IDIOTIC to think that guns won't be available after you get your leftist Utopian Society or that Governments won't harm their own people. Leftist fockers simply need to go start their own Country instead of Fundamentally Transforming THIS ONE!!

Oh shut the Fock up.

The United States needs fundamental transformation. On many issues. Guns being merely one of them. This isn't focking dodge city. This is supposed to be a 21st century first world country. Not a place with shootouts in focking movie theatres.

And yes, I'm stone cold serous. repeal the second amendment. Outlaw all handguns and assault weapons. There is a one year grace period while the roundup happens. After that, possession is a class a felony.

City kids make me laugh when they throw out the "disarm everyone" scheme. For focking stupid....

I carry a gun everywhere... church, schools, airplanes, capital buildings, courthouses, my horrible terrible gun has never shot anyone, and focking believe me I've had it out and pointed in someones grill a thousand times.

And I don't own a gun, yet I've never been murdered. Even in gun-free zones.

thread winner
  • Like 1

Hilarious that people don't think laws should be adjusted from the days that men wore powdered wigs and rode horses.

Yeah, this is what Washington was thinking. He wanted menrally ill people to be able to buy guns and shoot up a dozen innocent people. Good foresight George.

Hilarious that people don't think laws should be adjusted from the days that men wore powdered wigs and rode horses.

Yeah, this is what Washington was thinking. He wanted menrally ill people to be able to buy guns and shoot up a dozen innocent people. Good foresight George.

Get out from under that rock. The gun laws have been changed dozens of times. The major problem is that the government is not enforcing these laws.

And in other news 25 people died yesterday In alcohol related car accidents. And guess what? That happens every day, 365 days a year.

Get out from under that rock. The gun laws have been changed dozens of times. The major problem is that the government is not enforcing these laws.

And in other news 25 people died yesterday In alcohol related car accidents. And guess what? That happens every day, 365 days a year.

So, what is your point? That we should lower BAC limits and increase the punishment for driving intoxicated? If so, I agree wholeheartedly :thumbsup:

I am not certain that one person, acting alone, could figure out what in the heck you are trying to say here. :dunno:

Gun control laws control the behavior of law abiding citizens, not criminals or the insane.

There has also been a not so subtle war on Christianity of late, through pop culture, media, political agendas, whatever the case may be. It's not surprising, with the reports that are surfacing, this kind of specific targeting occurred.

Are people allowed Guns on an airplane? Last time anyone was shot on one?

That's because you're searched before boarding an airplane. Should we search everyone who goes out in public now?

• Like 1

That's because you're searched before boarding an airplane. Should we search everyone who goes out in public now?

:wacko:

No sh1t.

Why don't they allow guns on an airplane or a court room?

Last time someone was shot on a plane or a court room?

air marshalls ?

Guns weren't allowed at the school :doh:

Drunk drivers aren't setting out to kill people. Wise up please.

:wacko:

No sh1t.

Why don't they allow guns on an airplane or a court room?

Last time someone was shot on a plane or a court room?

Umm...yeah, I was answering your question as to when was the last time someone was shot on an airplane. And the reason that it's been a long time is that you are searched before boarding an airplane or entering a court room, so no guns are getting into planes or courtrooms.

As far as the reason they don't allow guns on airplanes or in court rooms, I suppose it's because they don't want anyone shot.

So, is your stance that since we don't want anyone shot anywhere, is that we ban guns everywhere, and search everyone who is out in public? Because, you know, that's the only way to guarantee no one gets shot. If you only ban guns, guess who's still gonna have guns? Not the law abiding, non-violent citizens....

Drunk drivers aren't setting out to kill people. Wise up please.

We have made great strides in battling drunk driving over the last 20 years or so with improved laws and enforcement. It's about the worst analogy anyone could make, which would probably explain why Phurboy made it. :doh:

We have made great strides in battling drunk driving over the last 20 years or so with improved laws and enforcement. It's about the worst analogy anyone could make, which would probably explain why Phurboy made it. :doh:

He tries, God bless him. lol

Umm...yeah, I was answering your question as to when was the last time someone was shot on an airplane. And the reason that it's been a long time is that you are searched before boarding an airplane or entering a court room, so no guns are getting into planes or courtrooms.

As far as the reason they don't allow guns on airplanes or in court rooms, I suppose it's because they don't want anyone shot.

So, is your stance that since we don't want anyone shot anywhere, is that we ban guns everywhere, and search everyone who is out in public? Because, you know, that's the only way to guarantee no one gets shot. If you only ban guns, guess who's still gonna have guns? Not the law abiding, non-violent citizens....

Ed understands all of this, he just really enjoys playing the role of a dipsh!t on the Interwebz.

The gun laws have been changed. But mostly cosmetic BS over the years.

Real change needs to happen.

I think we can all agree things need to change to make it even harder for psychotic people to obtain weapons? Can't we?

I outlined three laws I would like to see on the past page but nobody wants to discuss them. It's either ban all guns or more guns would've prevented this tragedy around these parts. :doh:

• Like 1

And yes, I'm stone cold serous. repeal the second amendment. Outlaw all handguns and assault weapons. There is a one year grace period while the roundup happens. After that, possession is a class a felony.

Why stop there? Let's repeal the 4th amendment too so we can conduct anytime, anywhere searches to make sure everybody is in compliance.

Personally, I'd prefer we repealed the 1st amendment so I can stop reading/hearing this kind of drivel.

Far more lives are saved each year through legal defensive gun use than are lost through illegal gun crime. People like you place a higher value on the lives lost than the lives saved because that's what fits your agenda.

I'm not sure what you're so worried about anyway. You're safe and sound in Chiner. No need to come back to the big bad US of A if you hate it that much. :wave:

I outlined three laws I would like to see on the past page but nobody wants to discuss them. It's either ban all guns or more guns would've prevented this tragedy around these parts. :doh:

2 and 3, no problems with. I don't really see the point of "extended" waiting periods beyond whatever time is necessary to do a background check. Even if the intent is a cooling off period, a week seems sufficient. If you haven't cooled off in a week you're probably fairly committed. I would say that is especially true in cases like this that are often planned for months or years in advance.

Maybe they should just make guns bigger, like bazooka size.

When was the last time anyone shot a school with a bazooka.

Far more lives are saved each year through legal defensive gun use than are lost through illegal gun crime.

There is no way to determine if this is a factual statement.

2 and 3, no problems with. I don't really see the point of "extended" waiting periods beyond whatever time is necessary to do a background check. Even if the intent is a cooling off period, a week seems sufficient. If you haven't cooled off in a week you're probably fairly committed. I would say that is especially true in cases like this that are often planned for months or years in advance.

In most states gun dealers are only required to hold off on sales for I believe 3 days - if the results of a background check aren't completed by that time they're free to sell without one. At gun shows there are no checks required at all.

30 days may be too much but no sale should happen until a check is complete. If that takes 2-3 weeks so be it.

Maybe they should just make guns bigger, like bazooka size.

When was the last time anyone shot a school with a bazooka.

I agree, the people should have tanks with laser beams nowadays.