Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I just traded Bell.

and rawls to the lynch owner for cooper,Maclin and royal. I was starting Brian quick and hoping stevie johnson could go this week. I have hillman,gurly,forsett jones,simms in a league where you can start a rb/wr at your flex. it jumped my projected point total to almost even this week and made the team better as a whole and giving more flexibility. I feel dirty trading him. but I got a haul I think and fixed some holes.

Leveon bell? First of all horrible trade. Second of all ... Why

Ditto

Horrible just incomprehensible. Sorry but I don't get your enthusiasm.

Trading bell always sounds bad....but I wouldn't listen to these guys....

Can't see yer entire roster but looking at it u had nothing at wr....while u didn't really get a true stud in return u got two very good wrs.....and as big of a stud was bell is.....u might have backfield depth capable of surviving such a move.....Forsett came around last week and maybe that's a start for things getting on track...hillman looks like the best back I Denver and gurley, maybe, might be as good as bell or close for the ros

I would listen to these guys. Bell has gotten over 100 yards in something like 16 of 18 games? What other player can offer you that kind of floor? But hey, whatever floats your boat.

I would listen to these guys. Bell has gotten over 100 yards in something like 16 of 18 games? What other player can offer you that kind of floor? But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Kind of narrow minded imo

We don't know his record and he might have lost the last two weeks with bell in his lineup anyway(because maybe his wrs are very weak)?...so that floor isn't helping much

And he might look at gurley and see a guy capable of coming real close to filling that floor ..,, ya you'll say we haven't seen enough for Gurley and we know bell ....but you have to be able to project in some cases .....we can't always go just by what we've seen or haven't seen ....that's like only drafting guys based on past performance sd never taking guys who could breakout

Kind of narrow minded imo

We don't know his record and he might have lost the last two weeks with bell in his lineup anyway(because maybe his wrs are very weak)?...so that floor isn't helping much

And he might look at gurley and see a guy capable of coming real close to filling that floor ..,, ya you'll say we haven't seen enough for Gurley and we know bell ....but you have to be able to project in some cases .....we can't always go just by what we've seen or haven't seen ....that's like only drafting guys based on past performance sd never taking guys who could breakout

I don't think it's narrow minded. even if i was 0-4 i'd want more than maclin and cooper. cobb and cooper? I'd think about that. Everybody values players differently, and I would be salivating to have Bell and Gurley as my RBs for the remainder of the season.

I don't think it's narrow minded. even if i was 0-4 i'd want more than maclin and cooper. cobb and cooper? I'd think about that. Everybody values players differently, and I would be salivating to have Bell and Gurley as my RBs for the remainder of the season.

Ya I'd be salivating at having that backfield too....but if I was 0-4 and was starting quick and stevie j I might be 0-6 real quick too.....I can see wanting more than Maclin and cooper tho....

That trade is so bad I reported it to a moderator.

That is the worst trade I have ever heard anyone admit to. Cooper and Maclin???? No No No...and I am not even counting Royal cause he should be on the waiver in 95% of all leagues. Bell is worth Julio and Maclin in my opinion.

That is the worst trade I have ever heard anyone admit to. Cooper and Maclin???? No No No...and I am not even counting Royal cause he should be on the waiver in 95% of all leagues. Bell is worth Julio and Maclin in my opinion.

Maclin should also be on waives. All Chief WRs should be until Smith gets hurt.

Wait...did...did you trade Leveon bell, the best RB in the game, and Rawls for....Amari cooper, Maclin and (no it can be...)Royal? Like Eddie Royal? Like waiver fodder Eddie Royal? A decent WR 2 in Cooper and an iffy wr2 in Maclin? Can't recall a worse trade in recent memory. Tell me that I have that wrong, please. You mean Ball like Montee Ball right? Not Bell? Rawls is a fine backup with Lynch pretty much in retirement mode. I'll eat my hat if Maclin catches more than 5 TDs all year. Cooper is a fine player but he's not worth Bell. If it was say, AB or even Hopkins in place of Cooper I might understand, but that's still a stretch. You got fleeced worse than a whole flock of sheep. You now have 1 startable RB in Gurley, the rest are not reliable or flex options at best if not droppable like Simms. Your season is likely severely hampered or flat out over now. With Bell you were solid. You can easily patch WR holes with waiver guys like Ted Ginn etc. Cant patch RB holes like that tho. The worst part is the op says he got a haul. Cringe worthy. Meanwhile the Lynch owner has Rawls and Leveon Bell and likely drafted Cooper as his wr2 or even 3 so he still has his wr1. May as well hand him the trophy now.

Is everyone giving this guys shlt? Or are you all really that down on Maclin? He has had 2 big games in a row and is the absolute focal point of the passing game in KC. I think Maclin is going to catch a lot of passes. I also like Cooper. I wasnt going to chime in because this thread doesnt belong here, but i have to know if these reactions are real.

Adjustments need to be made when you feel necessary. You may have been able to get more but it all depends on your league (i.e. How many teams? Roster size? Starting line up size)

The bigger question I have for you is how did you not pair Bell with a WR in your draft?

Is everyone giving this guys shlt? Or are you all really that down on Maclin? He has had 2 big games in a row and is the absolute focal point of the passing game in KC. I think Maclin is going to catch a lot of passes. I also like Cooper. I wasnt going to chime in because this thread doesnt belong here, but i have to know if these reactions are real.

Maclin generally isn't liked because alex smith doesn't even look in the direction of wide receivers in the red zone. Maclin is solid, for sure, but his upside isn't much higher than his floor. Would I take maclin on my team? for sure. I like a guy who is going to be good for at least 75-80 yards a game and will score a touchtown once a month, but I'd be playing him as my WR3. No doubt he had terrible receivers before the trade, but I think he's getting crap because he should have asked for more. And as somebody else mentioned, now he has 1 good RB and a bunch of RBs who really shouldn't be more than flex players. Hillman is still in a RBBC for some unknown reason and Forsett has one good game and 3 not so good games. Add that up with taliaferro getting the goal line carries and that limits his upside as well.

Honestly, this is the type of trade the Commissioner of the league should veto. It's that bad it's fishy.

• Like 1

2 big games on the road against high scoring teams. Green Bay and Cinncinnatti. I don't see them having these types of games anymore this season.

It's a bad trade IMO too.

It doesn't matter if he upgraded in two spots. Now that leaves a decent sized hole at RB. Going Gurley and Forsett rest of the way? Can't really say those 2 will offset the points he's gonna lose from Bell.

He deserved a top WR IMO with this trade. Bell just got 20 without Ben and has looked every bit as good as last year.

Your team went from RB Topheavy with Chicken Leg WR's to manbewbs and cankles

2 big games on the road against high scoring teams. Green Bay and Cinncinnatti. I don't see them having these types of games anymore this season.

It's a bad trade IMO too.

It doesn't matter if he upgraded in two spots. Now that leaves a decent sized hole at RB. Going Gurley and Forsett rest of the way? Can't really say those 2 will offset the points he's gonna lose from Bell.

He deserved a top WR IMO with this trade. Bell just got 20 without Ben and has looked every bit as good as last year.

I think the trade honestly isnt that bad. How many people are going to give up a top flight receiver and a wr2 for Bell? Not many. The only teams that do that are loaded with rb talent. I think his team may be better now than it was. Forsett may have turned a corner and Gurley looks really good. Plus if Maclin and Cooper can both have good seasons the rest of the way like i believe they can, he will have 2 legit receivers to plug in each week.

Nope I don't like this trade .

I think the trade honestly isnt that bad. How many people are going to give up a top flight receiver and a wr2 for Bell? Not many. The only teams that do that are loaded with rb talent. I think his team may be better now than it was. Forsett may have turned a corner and Gurley looks really good. Plus if Maclin and Cooper can both have good seasons the rest of the way like i believe they can, he will have 2 legit receivers to plug in each week.

I see your point. It just has a lot to do with what you've said. Has Forsett really turned the corner or is that offense still going to struggle? Gurley had a huge game, but we've seen plenty of RBs have huge games and then play average the rest of the season.

Maclin, I think you get more of what you saw weeks 1 and 2. 5-6 catches, 50 yards. With Smith playing captain check down near the goal line, Maclin's TD's won't be very high. I'm thinking 5-6 TD's for him.

Cooper I like. Carr loves to target him. They can hit on the big play. He should have a solid year.

It might not be as horrible as people are making it, but there's a lot of "ifs" here for this trade to really succeed, when Bell has been guaranteed $$$ week in and week out. Maybe if he could've gotten an rb3 with some upside or potential instead of Royal, but who knows.

I see your point. It just has a lot to do with what you've said. Has Forsett really turned the corner or is that offense still going to struggle? Gurley had a huge game, but we've seen plenty of RBs have huge games and then play average the rest of the season.

Maclin, I think you get more of what you saw weeks 1 and 2. 5-6 catches, 50 yards. With Smith playing captain check down near the goal line, Maclin's TD's won't be very high. I'm thinking 5-6 TD's for him.

Cooper I like. Carr loves to target him. They can hit on the big play. He should have a solid year.

It might not be as horrible as people are making it, but there's a lot of "ifs" here for this trade to really succeed, when Bell has been guaranteed $$$ week in and week out. Maybe if he could've gotten an rb3 with some upside or potential instead of Royal, but who knows.

Yeah i agree. The royal part of the deal is pointless. Another mediocre receiver to throw in the pile

The part I dont like is Rawls. If it was just Bell for Cooper and Maclin id still say dont do it but it wouldnt be inconceivable. Plus he has to drop an extra player to make room for Royal but that could be a dst so who knows. Rawls has actual value, much more so than half the rbs the op is now left with.

I also know that getting players who have any value from FF owners is like getting blood from a stone so I bet this was the only deal he could have made.

Classic quality for quantity trade...I love doing these, except in reverse.

You traded a guy who can singlehandedly win you games for guys who can keep you a float. Royal is waiver wire guy and you'll have to drop someone else (or him) to make room since it was a 3 for 2 deal. I'd have much rather taken a gamble on waiver wire guys and tried to trade one of my other RB's for somebody in that maybe 15-25 WR range in a one for one deal.

Classic quality for quantity trade...I love doing these, except in reverse.

You traded a guy who can singlehandedly win you games for guys who can keep you a float. Royal is waiver wire guy and you'll have to drop someone else (or him) to make room since it was a 3 for 2 deal. I'd have much rather taken a gamble on waiver wire guys and tried to trade one of my other RB's for somebody in that maybe 15-25 WR range in a one for one deal.

He also gave up Rawls.

I'm starting Rawls this weekend most likely. If this is the year Lynch has the classic breakdown and injury collapse then he gave up quality and quantity for bad quantity.

The only thing that could make this trade even more awesomer is if Cooper was Riley :first:

• Like 1

Gat damn, I wish you played in my league. Giving up a top RB for waiver wire garbage. Well done.

HOLY FOC I just noticed you gave him Rauls as well!

Bell was worth more than the 3 players you got by himeself. Seriously who trades away a top 5 RB for some WR ho are overperforming early in a season.

Wow...now the Lynch owner gets his handcuff, and Bell.

HOLY FOC I just noticed you gave him Rauls as well!

Bell was worth more than the 3 players you got by himeself. Seriously who trades away a top 5 RB for some WR ho are overperforming early in a season.

Wow...now the Lynch owner gets his handcuff, and Bell.

Yea it gets worse the more you think about the other guys team now. You think Cooper was the first WR he drafted? Prob not, so he likely still has his WR1 to go with Bell and Lynch with Rawls as insurance. Also Bell is not a top 5 RB, hes more like top 2-3 if not the clear 1.