Minnesota,

Oklahoma,

Tennessee,

Texas,

Vermont

Virginia

Republicans in Alaska

Democrats in Colorado

I have said before, Virginia is under the microscope from a national election standpoint. Candidates must prove they can win that state. Massachusetts from a Republican turnout perspective. Texas from a Cruz v. Trump. All in all I think it's a much bigger overall event for the Republicans than the Democrats as there might be 8 states here that they must carry in the national.

If Trump wins the general, He is definitely going to have to build a wall.

To keep anybody with an IQ over room temperature from leaving the country.

Just feels like a regular Tuesday to me, work, bit chilly and to top it off a good friend is being transferred out of town...far from Super, IMO.

:doublethumbsup: Hysterical.

Seriously, I'll quit the board forever if Trump wins and you leave the country. If Trumps wins and you don't leave, you quit. Wager?

Virginia here.

Voted for Kasich. Was more of an anti-Trump vote than enthusiasm for Kasich. :dunno: Still bummed that Paul is out.

I can't believe this sh1t is going on til JUNE. :thumbsdown:

Part of me feels the same way. BUT, there is no way the candidates would venture outside of Florida and Ohio if everything wasn't spaced.

:thumbsup:

This fo sho

Part of me feels the same way. BUT, there is no way the candidates would venture outside of Florida and Ohio if everything wasn't spaced.

I think they should do a one day open national primary - boom.

Then instead of one day, do it over 4 to 8 weeks regionally. Have one like it is today, with Texas being the big draw. One where you have New York, Jersey, Then a week later, you could do the rest of the NE states to balance it out. A Michigan/Ohio/Kentucky/Virginia Swing...something like that. Try and group them with some kind of weighting so the candidates move around. Current system is stupid. Iowa Caucus to start...like Iowa is representative of the rest of the country. Followed by New Hampshire, Nevada & South Carolina, could it be more absurd?

Entire system is pretty much designed for the power brokers to stay in charge, though this year Trump has turned that on it's azz.

I don't know if that is the answer but the current system is flawed. In North Carolina I have never, ever voted in a Primary. Not because I didn't want to, but it was decided by then. My vote didn't count. That's just not American on its face.

Look at Super Tuesday. It's mostly southern states. I mean, I live in the south so nothing against it, but its sort of dumb to have certain states and certain regions all but decide this stuff. And the early states build the momentum. Iowa, NH, SC all carry more weight as it builds momentum, it decides who's face is on TV the most. That stuff matters, probably more than anything. It's more than just the specific delegates they hold.

Instant run-off voting > primaries

Primaries are just an excuse for the 2 parties and the media to consolidate their power to influence elections.

Seriously, it's so simple it hurts. Everyone votes once, at the same time.

Think about it, both these races will all but be decided today without California, New York, Pennsylvania or Illinois having any say whatsoever. The four of the biggest cities in the country are in those states.

How bassackwards is that?

And its not just this cycle. I've been asking this question for 8 years now.

Current system is stupid. Iowa Caucus to start...like Iowa is representative of the rest of the country. Followed by New Hampshire, Nevada & South Carolina, could it be more absurd?

They try to represent the flavor of America with the first ones.

I agree with hoyt that the primaries are meant to keep the power consolidated among 2 parties. A 1 day vote would pretty much allow anyone to the party.

Think about it, both these races will all but be decided today without California, New York, Pennsylvania or Illinois having any say whatsoever. The four of the biggest cities in the country are in those states.

And its not just this cycle. I've been asking this question for 8 30 years now.

fixed

Iowa and New Hampshire are more important that NY and CA? WTF :wacko:

My name is Ben

My name

My name is Ben

My name is

My name

My name is

My name is Ben

Can someone attack me?

And its not just this cycle. I've been asking this question for 8 years now.

Houston is in texas

I just got back from voting. The parking lot was full. The line for Republican voting went out the door. I walked right up to the Democratic table (no waiting). There were about 15 electronic voting machines for Republicans and only one for Democrats. The Dems Should have donated their one machine and given us participation ribbons ala Eagles. :(

Instant run-off voting > primaries

Primaries are just an excuse for the 2 parties and the media to consolidate their power to influence elections.

Seriously, it's so simple it hurts. Everyone votes once, at the same time.

I like the instant run off method. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

I hated the two people in the video though. I wanted to punch them in the face.

I will say that if Rubio loses his home state of Florida he should drop out. If Cruz loses his home state of Texas he should drop out. If Kasich loses his home state of Ohio he should drop out.

I will say that if Rubio loses his home state of Florida he should drop out. If Cruz loses his home state of Texas he should drop out. If Kasich loses his home state of Ohio he should drop out.

The year Bush curb stomped Dukakis, he still won his own state

At least one- probably Kasich, hangs around for the possibility of a brokered convention. Or, Kasich gets some backers for a third party run, keeping him in good graces for 2020, saving the party from Trump.

Heading home in a bit to go vote in the primary.

It's absolutely insane that the two states that contribute the most to the US GDP (California and New York) don't have primaries until after the candidates are all but decided already.

It's absolutely insane that the two states that contribute the most to the US GDP (California and New York) don't have primaries until after the candidates are all but decided already.

New York is number three..

Texas :banana:

I wonder if them being blue states has anything to do with that?

New York is number three..

Texas :banana:

Not anymore

Heading home in a bit to go vote in the primary.

After much deliberation and soul-searching, I've decided to cast my vote in favor of Trump.

fixed

Iowa and New Hampshire are more important that NY and CA? WTF :wacko:

In those smaller states the candidates have to actually get out and meet the people in small groups. Wouldn't see that in CA or NY and I think it's a good test for candidates to have to pass

After much deliberation and soul-searching, I've decided to cast my vote in favor of Trump.

I call bullshit. You're not a ginger, yet you're casting a soul-less vote.

Keep moving the goalposts till it fits

Not trying to do that. Just saying that the Texas economy is in a downturn. Do you agree?

Not trying to do that. Just saying that the Texas economy is in a downturn. Do you agree?

Sure is

:banana:

Drill baby drill

I disagree I'm enjoying this election year much more than I initially thought. Of course, I never expected that I'd like that dim birther asshoIe Trump this much either. Such schadenfreude, I love reading Jennifer Rubin's and George Will's meltdowns in the Washington Post.

Not Super Tuesday for me...Snowy Tuesday, 10 inches. Fock....need to find some neighborhood kid to shovel it. Damn I'm whipped. :sleep:

I disagree I'm enjoying this election year much more than I initially thought. Of course, I never expected that I'd like that dim birther asshoIe Trump this much either. Such schadenfreude, I love reading Jennifer Rubin's and George Will's meltdowns in the Washington Post.

It's easy to 'enjoy it' while on the sidelines. I'd love to see chaos in China as a spectator too. For funsies. Some of us have to live and raise our kids here. But I'm glad it's entertaining for you.