Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Levon Bell Missed Drug Test-4 Games?

If I'm drafting 1-4, I'm hoping he can slide to the beginning of the 3rd round. I don't think I'd touch him any earlier than that. One because of the risk aversion, but two because of the fact that I still peg him missing a game or two additionally due to injury. His PPG upside is elite, but that much risk that early in a draft is often a sure-fire way of finishing outside of the money.

To answer the question what does this mean for Ladarius Green? It means Antonio Gates will be traded to the Steelers.

• Like 1

Bell in the third is a steal. Iv played many seasons where I get diddly poo from my first round pick anyway and still manage. To get the best rb after 4 games all nice and rested is fine. I always draft at least 4 startable rbs and usually always pick wrong anyway and the backups go off while the starters stink. Thats just how fantasy goes. People love saying dumb things like "Well you are basically taking a loss those weeks." Lol no, its not like im starting nobody in that spot. Plus like I said, football is largely random. I could start Danny woodhead and maybe he scores two tds while my opponents Adrian peterson gets 50yds (like last years opener). Anything can and does happen in fantasy, every week. To score Bell is great regardless of when he starts playing. Try for Deangelo but good luck, someone will get happy feet and take him rnd 5 guaranteed when the list of rbs left doesnt suit his fancy.

When its week 5-6 and you look at the team of the guy who drafted Bell and Brady at a steal you will cry. Maybe he scored some nice depth and had no problem winning 2 or 3 of his first 4 games and you are staring at a juggernaut.

• Like 1

If I'm drafting 1-4, I'm hoping he can slide to the beginning of the 3rd round.

Bell in the third is a steal.

I can envision no scenario where he slides to the 3rd (barring a 4-man league, of course).

I can envision no scenario where he slides to the 3rd (barring a 4-man league, of course).

Same. Prob mid second is the latest he will go

Bell in the third is a steal. Iv played many seasons where I get diddly poo from my first round pick anyway and still manage. To get the best rb after 4 games all nice and rested is fine. I always draft at least 4 startable rbs and usually always pick wrong anyway and the backups go off while the starters stink. Thats just how fantasy goes. People love saying dumb things like "Well you are basically taking a loss those weeks." Lol no, its not like im starting nobody in that spot. Plus like I said, football is largely random. I could start Danny woodhead and maybe he scores two tds while my opponents Adrian peterson gets 50yds (like last years opener). Anything can and does happen in fantasy, every week. To score Bell is great regardless of when he starts playing. Try for Deangelo but good luck, someone will get happy feet and take him rnd 5 guaranteed when the list of rbs left doesnt suit his fancy.

When its week 5-6 and you look at the team of the guy who drafted Bell and Brady at a steal you will cry. Maybe he scored some nice depth and had no problem winning 2 or 3 of his first 4 games and you are staring at a juggernaut.

This is just another case where depth helps you.

so if you draft a good team with a solid RB3, you can take a chance on him with a second round pick (assuming you feel the payoff is worth the risk)

I'd take a minimum of 10 RB's ahead of him. Considering the number of receivers as well, I could easily see him sliding that far

I'd take a minimum of 10 RB's ahead of him. Considering the number of receivers as well, I could easily see him sliding that far

No way is he getting out of the end of the second round.

• Like 1

Late second or early third is my call .

No way is he getting out of the end of the second round.

I think he can. Ingram, Keenan, Cooks ect all higher on my board right now.

One of the only leagues I missed the playoffs in last year was where I took Bell because he fell to #6 overall and that was only for 2 games.

No thanks. I'll find another way.

So even after he comes back from missing the first four games of the season , how much trust do you have in him that he won't miss more test and lose more playing time ?

I'm moving D Will up a lot on my Rb rankings .

People might want to be a bit hesitant reaching for DeAngelo Williams this year. He's 33 years old and coming off the fourth most rushing attempts of his 10 year career.

People might want to be a bit hesitant reaching for DeAngelo Williams this year. He's 33 years old and coming off the fourth most rushing attempts of his 10 year career.

And this makes the LB pick even better. He won't fall past me in the 2nd round. Then I will draft DWill early enough to make sure that he is locked up. All I need is a fresh DWill for the first four games. If he dies he dies. Then I've got LB fresh after game 4.

So, I have him as one of my 2 keepers in a two RB keeper re-draft league. I could instead keep Rawls (my other keeper is Hyde).

As a strategy move, would you all keep Rawls or Bell now?

Similar situation. In our league we can only keep 1 player. Might lean towards Rawls, but there's a ton of question marks there as well. He was a beast but small sample size, coming off injury, etc.

Now Ian Rappaport is reporting he missed "several drug tests."

Doubt that. Only takes the one to be disciplined

Doubt that. Only takes the one to be disciplined

Clipped from article...

"Steelers running back LeVeon Bell claimed last month that he never missed a drug test. He reportedly missed more than one.

Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network that Bell missed several drug tests."

I hope you're right my man! For what's it worth guys, I took Bell at 2.4 last night in a slow 12 team PPR redraft. Last year I took Nekson round two before he blew his knee out and still managed to win. If you're active, you can weather a high bust. Bell here just felt too good to pass up. Also, I won't be taking williams unless he falls to round 9-10 which won't happen. It's one thing to gamble a second round pick on a potential top score for 2/3rds of a season. It's another to blow a stater pick on a guy who's likely scenario is to be relavant for one month. IMHO.

Bell is overrated, and this is just the first chip to fall. I really like DeAngelo Williams just as I did last year. All the same reasons are in place. I also agree with all the points made here in this article about Bell being a bust:

http://www.footballdocs.com/fantasy_football_busts.html

The post was made before the news of the suspension, and I didn't realize the injury flag on Bell.

I wouldn't touch Bell before the 3rd round... if that. Plenty of other high quality picks to be had.

I think he can. Ingram, Keenan, Cooks ect all higher on my board right now.

One of the only leagues I missed the playoffs in last year was where I took Bell because he fell to #6 overall and that was only for 2 games.

No thanks. I'll find another way.

You're a burn victim though and it sounds like it's ruined Bell for you regardless of any rational thought. Bell is not making it to the third round in my 12 man. You take WR early and Bell makes it all the way back to you, he's gone.

This could play out nice for my 10 man league I draft 7, good chance now I can get a top WR and Bell..

You're a burn victim though and it sounds like it's ruined Bell for you regardless of any rational thought. Bell is not making it to the third round in my 12 man. You take WR early and Bell makes it all the way back to you, he's gone.

You are correct. People are dreaming if they think he'll last until the 3rd. Some won't take the risk but someone will. Guaranteed.

This could play out nice for my 10 man league I draft 7, good chance now I can get a top WR and Bell..

good chance you get 2 top wrs

From a 10:07 PM blurb from yesterday:

"According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the Steelers are "pretty confident" suspended RB Le'Veon Bell will play in Week 1.

"They are pretty confident that they will have him Week 1, so that’s what the Steelers are telling us," said Sal Pal. A previous report from PFT's Mike Florio indicated Bell was unlikely to win his appeal, which is expected to take place on August 18. If Bell is indeed reinstated for the season opener, he would vault back into the first round of fantasy drafts. Stay tuned."
Can any PIT homers shed some light on what they're basing their confidence on ? I don't see anything on the Steelers website about this uptick in outlook.

From a 10:07 PM blurb from yesterday:

"According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the Steelers are "pretty confident" suspended RB Le'Veon Bell will play in Week 1.

"They are pretty confident that they will have him Week 1, so that’s what the Steelers are telling us," said Sal Pal. A previous report from PFT's Mike Florio indicated Bell was unlikely to win his appeal, which is expected to take place on August 18. If Bell is indeed reinstated for the season opener, he would vault back into the first round of fantasy drafts. Stay tuned."

Can any PIT homers shed some light on what they're basing their confidence on ? I don't see anything on the Steelers website about this uptick in outlook.

Week 1? They are delusional. If anything it would get reduced to 2 games. A complete overturn is highly unlikely with this commish.

The story just doesn't add up. He knew he was in the drug program. He knew he needed to test constantly. Why would he not realize after a month or so that he is not being notified of drug tests? Even if he seems pretty convincing that it was an honest mistake, there is no way I could be 100% sure that he is telling the truth. That's just my view on it.

That confidence may not be more than wishful thinking. Take anything espn reports with a grain of salt.

The story just doesn't add up. He knew he was in the drug program. He knew he needed to test constantly. Why would he not realize after a month or so that he is not being notified of drug tests? Even if he seems pretty convincing that it was an honest mistake, there is no way I could be 100% sure that he is telling the truth. That's just my view on it.

Plus, ignorance isn't a get out of testing free card. It's cut and dry. He's serving time for missing tests.

DWill is on a team that will actually give him the touches he needs. Carolina did not do that and already had "two" RBs. That said I may take Bell late first, it would be hard to pass him up because of what we could bring after he returns. There are not many backs you can rely on in the first round as your RB 1. Only AP and Gurley from what I see. We don't know with Elliot.

I don't think DWill is being factored in nearly enough when it comes to Bell. Bell is coming off an injury for the 2nd straight year and DWill's productivity last year is hard to ignore. There's no question that Bell is the number 1 guy but I have to believe that DWill is going to cut into his touches significantly this year to help keep Bell healthy.

FWIW.... I feel the same way about Jamaal Charles. His backups were so productive I think the coaching staff would be foolish not to spell Charles more than years past.

I wont have a 2nd rnd pick due to a keeper this season. I am seriously considering Bell in rnd 1 regardless of suspension.He wont come back to me most likely and his upside is too great to ignore. If AB is there I will take him, Gurley will be kept. If he only misses 2 games its a steal. Im not gonna let someone snag him in rnd 3 loading up on studs the first two rounds. Come week 4 you will see that guys team and want to give up.

Looking over WRs and RBs, if you played in a 10 man league this year, what happens if you have a shot at 3 receivers who you could start. Gets to you and your choices are Keenan Allen and Bell ? Loof it over fellas the people you can have in a 10 man league, im going to push people to take Bell maybe.

It's not constantly, it's still random at more frequent intervals. Even as a Steelers homer, there's no excuse. That being said, the info from Sal Pal is interesting. There's no way in HELL the NFL drops the suspension because of the precedence it would set, especially with Bryant also on suspension on the same team. Last year they knocked 3 games to 2, maybe they knock 4 to 3, but the dumbass is still doing some time.

It's not constantly, it's still random at more frequent intervals. Even as a Steelers homer, there's no excuse. That being said, the info from Sal Pal is interesting. There's no way in HELL the NFL drops the suspension because of the precedence it would set, especially with Bryant also on suspension on the same team. Last year they knocked 3 games to 2, maybe they knock 4 to 3, but the dumbass is still doing some time.

I agree.

they wont be dropping the suspension entirely. I think the best he can hope for is for that suspension to be reduced to 2 games. (maybe 3)

for me, this would be enough to allow me to take him in round 1.