Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

A random thread about stupid sh1t that pisses you off

I hate motherfücKers that can't merge onto the freeway.

If you can't get up to speed on the ramp, your car sucks. Stay off the freeway. If you wait until the last second to merge into flowing traffic even though you had plenty of oppurtunities to merge before the ramp ended, I hope you die.

Just to piggyback off that one. I hate the people that have a yield sign when they enter an interstate but they think it's their god-given right to just Veer into the interstate.

Then they get pissed when you don't let them right in.

Just to piggyback off that one. I hate the people that have a yield sign when they enter an interstate but they think it's their god-given right to just Veer into the interstate.

Then they get pissed when you don't let them right in.

Ugh people who always say "to piggyback off that..." Had too much of that sh1t in the military at commanders calls. First shirt, superintendent, and commander would LITERALLY (not figuratively) say the same exact things. They would always go "to piggyback off what the commander just said" like we didn't just hear what he said. 3 different people speaking with saying the same exact things 3 different times

When people misspell and mixup loose and lose on the internet. I dont correct spelling but this is just inane, how dumb do you have to be to get these mixed up? It aint like we are spelling something long or complicated or uncommon. Its an epidemic of the internet age and has to be stopped.

Riding on the shoulder or near it to cut in when there is traffic. When I see someone doing that I move my car out a little to block them. And they should die.

Ugh people who always say "to piggyback off that..." Had too much of that sh1t in the military at commanders calls. First shirt, superintendent, and commander would LITERALLY (not figuratively) say the same exact things. They would always go "to piggyback off what the commander just said" like we didn't just hear what he said. 3 different people speaking with saying the same exact things 3 different times

For all intensive purposes i used it correctly.

:)

Thread creep. Could care less if you fight with someone in a different thread, there's no reason to drag it into other threads.

Focking bicyclists that wanna use whichever set of rules helps them at the moment.....I wanna be in the bike lane....no, I wanna be a pedestrian. Fock you.

My biggest grammar pet peeve is "Should of/Could of" instead of should've and could've its a contraction of could have and would have focksticks.

Thread creep. Could care less if you fight with someone in a different thread, there's no reason to drag it into other threads.

:wall:

So what you are saying is that you care a decent amount since you could care less? huh interesting, didnt know you cared that much about it.

Because I live in a city: On trash day, when I get home from work and go to bring the cans back in and find that scumbag passerby have dropped their own trash into it, like the half eaten McDonalds burger last week.

These people should die.

Because I live in a city: On trash day, when I get home from work and go to bring the cans back in and find that scumbag passerby have dropped their own trash into it, like the half eaten McDonalds burger last week.

These people should die.

You know those fockers would just chuck them on the street if your can wasn't there. So ultimately the mcd's crap would end up in your can AND you would have had to pick it up. :dunno:

So what you are saying is that you care a decent amount since you could care less? huh interesting, didnt know you cared that much about it.

What I was saying is a common phrase of speech, and yes I enjoy a good bored fight. Still, when I pick up a book to read, I prefer to start at the beginning, not the middle.

What I was saying is a common phrase of speech, and yes I enjoy a good bored fight. Still, when I pick up a book to read, I prefer to start at the beginning, not the middle.

It might be a common phrase but it would be incorrect...

Its a commonly incorrectly said phrase. Couldnt care less is the correct phrase. Forget about whats common for a second, just read both phrases and use your brain. Which one looks obviously right? Obviously I was just joshin ya, I know what you meant.

You know those fockers would just chuck them on the street if your can wasn't there. So ultimately the mcd's crap would end up in your can AND you would have had to pick it up. :dunno:

They could do what a normal human would do and carry their food to a public trash can or home?

I dont object to using the can so much as dropping loose food into it. That's just gross.

For all intensive purposes i used it correctly.

:)

Yes you used it fine. It's when they say "just to piggyback off that" and literally repeat the same exact sh1t that was just said. We just had someone talk for 15 minutes about the subject only to have you come in and talk about the same exact sh1t for another 15 minutes

DBA's that think they are programmers.

People who hang up the phone without saying some sort of phrase like "bye" or "talk to you later" ...they just hang up.

People who b!tch ALL the time when someone's cell phone rings at the office.

People who hang up the phone without saying some sort of phrase like "bye" or "talk to you later" ...they just hang up.

I love doing this one. I learned it on tv. Those guys never say bye.

most of my rants come from people being completely oblivious of others, or inconsiderate (ie: a group of people walking in one direction talking up the entire sidewalk; a person at the grocery store taking up the entire aisle, etc). similar with driving... not passing while in the left lane(= driving too slow), not knowing how to merge, blocking free lanes, double parking on busy streets, not moving 1/2 to 2/3 out on a left turn.

we have a few 4 way stop signs that actually turn into 8 way due to 2 lanes in all directions.... big clusterfock

I love doing this one. I learned it on tv. Those guys never say bye.

Front Desk building security lady :mad:

Me :! Have a nice night Silvia

Her : OK

Really? Not thanks or you too - OK ??

And what pisses me off about me is I do it every day :mad: it's automatic

Front Desk building security lady :mad:

Me :! Have a nice night Silvia

Her : OK

Really? Not thanks or you too - OK ??

And what pisses me off about me is I do it every day :mad: it's automatic

Can size?

Can size?

Don't know she's always sitting behind a big desk. All I see is a big fat black head. For all I know is she JUST a head.

Don't know she's always sitting behind a big desk. All I see is a big fat black head. For all I know is she JUST a head.

I miss head.

Dumb ass patients. Sure move your arm while the blood pressure cuff is still going. Like that's going to give you an accurate reading and then ask me what your BP is when you KNOW the dam thing is still trying to take your BP.

People who are constantly coming to see the doctor for no reason at all. "Oh my cat scratched me". Yea so why are you here? The scratch didn't even draw blood and it's your own dam cat. Or "I cut myself by accident and need something for pain" ok well for one we don't give up pain meds all willy nilly and two there are papercuts worse than the "cut" you have.

People who "know more" than the people working in healthcare because "well it said on google I have this so I want some antibiotics". Well according to the tests we just ran on you its viral and doesn't require antibiotics. "Well I still want them" :wall:

Patients in general piss me off because of how they act. But for every one that acts like that you have others who actually need your help

Jeebus. You'd be a star in oncology where we are supposed to report everything! :lol:

I agree with this, people who use Google to inflate their medical knowledge can be annoying.

Not sure if this is an intentional dig at our pretend doc; I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though. :cheers:

Just sent my kid to the doctor with high fever, sore throat and stomach issues. He has a history of strep throat with the same symptoms (like 6+ times). Rapid test always comes back negative only to have the culture show that he has it. Doctor, in his infinite wisdom, says that it is viral and does not need antibiotics, so now we are going to waste 48 hours with him infecting us all when he could have been on antibiotics today.

Viral pharyngitis is way more common than strep throat, which is only diagnosed between 5-15% of the time. Certain "viral" symptoms like cough, runny nose, oral ulcers and hoarseness suggest strep throat is extremely unlikely, making testing unnecessary.

If you child has truly had documented recurrent pharyngitis with positive strep cultures, he may be a strep carrier. It isn't always clear if the strep causes recurrent infection, or is just a bystander in a patient with recurrent viral pharyngitis. Except in extraordinary circumstances, treatment of strep carriers is not recommended, as it has no impact on subsequent throat infections.

The good news is, almost all children grow out of their susceptibility to strep throat. Additionally the disease is usually self limited (it will get better whether antibiotics are given or not), with antibiotics most important to prevent serious complications of strep (like rheumatic fever), which are exceedingly rare nowadays. Also with proper hygiene it is fairly easy to prevent spread to household contacts.

People on cell phones, especially when they are supposed to be doing something which requires their undivided attention.

Raised/big trucks, whose headlights are effectively always high beams.

Indecisiveness.

They took my daughters tonsils out after the sixth time she had strep. Had it twice in six months. She was thirteen. Worst experience for teenagers. Have they suggested you have them removed?

They used to do this frequently, but it is no longer recommended except in extreme circumstances.

Normally, it is an oral antibiotic. Like I said, I understand that we (as a society) over-prescribe antibiotics and that parents expect it. However, we don't take our kid to the doctor unless it is warranted and 90% of the time the rapid test comes back negative and we get a call a day later (sometimes longer) that his culture is positive. This is not once or twice - it has been 6+ times over the last 6-8 years. So much so, that they had us take out his tonsils (yes, Bunny). Doctors aren't as infallible as you might think.

BOSTON — I’m at the New America Foundation conference on how to avoid avoidable care, and things here are getting grim.

It turns out we’re in the middle of an epidemic — a tonsillectomy epidemic, to be more specific. Tonsillectomies are the most common procedure, for children, requiring anesthesia. And we’re doing more of them: The number of tonsillectomies performed spiked by 74 percent between 1996 and 2006. In 2006 alone, more than a half-million children in the United States got their tonsils removed.

The only problem is there’s no evidence they work for most children.

The procedure does show some benefits for those with really serious symptoms — very sore throats, fevers and other symptoms at least seven times in the past year — but no improvement for those whose indications are milder.

Or the bikers who ride in pairs and one hugs the yellow line. Really??? We already know, you don't need to further prove you're a moron.

I see Harley riders frequently doing this, such that their left leg/fairing/footrest sometimes crosses the yellow line. Never seen bicyclists do it.

Kinda why we always do the culture if the patient shows the symptoms but the RST comes back negative. Usually that's accompanied by a CBC as well. When I was a child I used to get strep all the time. Now I don't ever get it. Used to hate when I had strep because I always had to have some type of injection in my hip (really it was on the upper portion of my butt). I'm not sure what the doc/pa prescribes them in these cases though

In Army basic training in 1989 they gave us a concrete-consistency vaccination in the upper butt. I could still feel it in there days later. Every other vaccination I've ever received was in the shoulder and didn't have this lasting effect. I don't remember what it was for though. Do you know?

I see Harley riders frequently doing this, such that their left leg/fairing/footrest sometimes crosses the yellow line. Never seen bicyclists do it.

I was referring to motorcycles.

Normally, it is an oral antibiotic. Like I said, I understand that we (as a society) over-prescribe antibiotics and that parents expect it. However, we don't take our kid to the doctor unless it is warranted and 90% of the time the rapid test comes back negative and we get a call a day later (sometimes longer) that his culture is positive. This is not once or twice - it has been 6+ times over the last 6-8 years. So much so, that they had us take out his tonsils (yes, Bunny). Doctors aren't as infallible as you might think.

BOSTON — I’m at the New America Foundation conference on how to avoid avoidable care, and things here are getting grim.

It turns out we’re in the middle of an epidemic — a tonsillectomy epidemic, to be more specific. Tonsillectomies are the most common procedure, for children, requiring anesthesia. And we’re doing more of them: The number of tonsillectomies performed spiked by 74 percent between 1996 and 2006. In 2006 alone, more than a half-million children in the United States got their tonsils removed.

The only problem is there’s no evidence they work for most children.

The procedure does show some benefits for those with really serious symptoms — very sore throats, fevers and other symptoms at least seven times in the past year — but no improvement for those whose indications are milder.

Yes, well, I am a disconnected dad in this situation who has killed too many brain cells. Turns out we never gave the youngest the tonsillectomy. We scheduled it, but never did it. My oldest had it for different reasons. So, we have that going for us. Now I have to figure out what my kids' names are. :unsure:

In Army basic training in 1989 they gave us a concrete-consistency vaccination in the upper butt. I could still feel it in there days later. Every other vaccination I've ever received was in the shoulder and didn't have this lasting effect. I don't remember what it was for though. Do you know?

Penicillin. Back in the day they used the gun to give the injections. Wish they still had it when I got to give the trainees injections. But they changed it to regular syringes. I still jammed them in the arm to increase the pain because it's basic. You're supposed to have pain