Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Cancel out Theory

Seriously???

If you are such a believer, why don't you ever draft the swiftest player in the league in all those leagues I have been in with you over the years?????

:overhead:

I don't need to in the leagues I'm in with you.

To beat you, I just need mediocre players :dunno:

I don't need to in the leagues I'm in with you.

To beat you, I just need mediocre players :dunno:

:o

:angry:

I'm also a firm believer in drafting the swiftest football player in the league.

You must have done well drafting James Jett in the first round all those years!

I cancelled out Cam with Kelvin Benjamin last night. Wasn't going to start him, until I saw my opponent had Cam. Thanks for the tip!

I cancelled out Cam with Kelvin Benjamin last night. Wasn't going to start him, until I saw my opponent had Cam. Thanks for the tip!

I canceled out Cam with Funchess. Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Lol my fav kind of FF math. "If my guy scores 10, and his guy scores 20, as long as they are on the same team, its like the other guy didnt score anything! Thanks cancel out theory!"

You must have done well drafting James Jett in the first round all those years!

Strangely enough, I did draft him in my first FF league over 20 years ago.

He didn't do chit :mad:

All you guys are missing the boat. By far the most effective use of cancel out theory is starting a DST that's going against your QB. No matter what happens the points are guaranteed. If your QB is getting bunches of points...BOOM. If your defense is killing your QB...BOOM! It's a win/win all the way around. I also like to start the defense playing against my kicker just in case he misses one short and they run it back for a TD. Double dipping on Kicker/DST is the only freaking way to go...

Stop being stupid.

You play the players that you think will score the most points. That's the true meaning of canceling out your opponent's points.

Lol my fav kind of FF math. "If my guy scores 10, and his guy scores 20, as long as they are on the same team, its like the other guy didnt score anything! Thanks cancel out theory!"

Meanwhile the guy I put on the bench scored 12, but that's okay because I cancelled out 10 of his QB points... :doh:

Meanwhile the guy I put on the bench scored 12, but that's okay because I cancelled out 10 of his QB points... :doh:

We mock what we don't understand :nono:

• Like 1

We mock what we don't understand :nono:

I knew he was being sarcastic. I was adding on.

No such thing as a cancel out theory. Ever.

I knew he was being sarcastic. I was adding on.

No such thing as a cancel out theory. Ever.

I was talking about you.

If there is no such thing, ever, why does this thread appear every year? Like Sasquatch, the Lochness Monster and Weepaws manliness, it's seldom seen and even less understood...but it probably exists.

I was talking about you.

If there is no such thing, ever, why does this thread appear every year? Like Sasquatch, the Lochness Monster and Weepaws manliness, it's seldom seen and even less understood...but it probably exists.

Lol we went a year or even two without it. This thread was started as a joke to mock people who think it exists and stir the pot.

Lol we went a year or even two without it. This thread was started as a joke to mock people who think it exists and stir the pot.

Every year I get all irate and yell about how it doesn't exist. This year I've decided to embrace it. I've also decided to talk to myself in threads like GFIAFP, so there's that too.

Every year I get all irate and yell about how it doesn't exist. This year I've decided to embrace it. I've also decided to talk to myself in threads like GFIAFP, so there's that too.

Yeah, I hear ya bro. Last year I played in 10 leagues and somehow went undefeated in 11 of them, winning 13 championships. I called Devonta Freeman being the break out player at least 3 weeks after he broke out, way ahead of everybody. I are awesome.

I was talking about you.

You play the players that you think will score the most points. That's the true meaning of canceling out your opponent's points.

His #1 WR scored 16, my #1 WR scored 18. I not only cancelled out the points he scores, but now I'm +2.

If you go by, "I'll play the player who I think will score the most points" then I really believe there's no such thing as a "cancel out" theory.

:doh:

Also never start anyone playing against your favorite team to cancel out the increase suicide risk

I stack my roster with 15 wide receivers so no matter who I play against, his quarterback will get zero against my 4 WR's from the same team. I leave QB, TE, RB Def and K blank. Works like a charm.

Going into the Monday Night game PIT vs SEA. My opponent is up by 15 and is starting BRothelisberger and I have Antonio Brown. Do I bench Antonio Brown and roll out Tyler Lockett instead?

Only an idiot wouldn't. If you start Antonio you've lost as soon as the game starts. In no game last year did Antonio Brown score more than 6 points more than BRothelisberger. Lockett at least had 1 game where he outscored BRothelisberger's worst game by 15 or more. I at least have a chance if I start Lockett.

The chances of Lockett scoring that much are pretty slim, so maybe it's best to get as many points as possible for end of season total points?

Dude in my league tried to cancel out my Cam, Kelvin and Olsen with GaNo last night. Fock him :banana:

Dude canceled my team out with CJ Anderson on Thursday night. I decided to implement the carryover rule, so I'll take a loss this week but carry over all my points to future weeks and use them as needed.

This thread was started as a joke to mock people who think it exists and stir the pot.

No it wasn't :dunno:

I'm still a firm believer in it.

Thoughts?

Are you the one that brings this up every year?

As a strategy, it is the most illogical thing to ever do.

For unless your league has some special rule that actually would cancel out scoring in some way.

You are, in fact, not canceling any points.

As a tie breaker, when you cannot decide to start. Fine

As an impact on outcome of game. Is the best way for you to lose your matchup that week. Play your best lineup, period. Play your best matchups, period. Attempt to score the most total points, period. There is no other thing to do. Not doing so only benefits your opponent.

What cancellation is is a form of mental masturbation. Do not kid yourself

We went a whole year or two. It was a good run.

Don't we usually wait at least until the bye weeks to bring this garbage up again?

Lots of sarcasm in this thread. I don't get it.

Fact is, if you are a big underdog, never employ the cancel out strategy. You need an outlier to come through.

But if you have the better team, then cancel out strategy is viable. It eliminates the wild card result and pretty much guarantees a victory 80% of the time

People who don't think hedging/cancel out is a thing = people who don't think the plane will be able to take off from the treadmill.

People who don't think hedging/cancel out is a thing = people who don't think the plane will be able to take off from the treadmill.

People who take the topic seriously don't think it's *never* the right choice. A few good examples above, but not complete.

Final week of regular season, win-and-you're-in scenario, tie-breaker points won't be an issue. It's down to Monday night, opponent has the lead and the QB, you are trailing and have the WR. It's not unreasonable to consider going with another WR who's a longer shot to outscore the QB's WR...because that's unfortunately the most likely way for you to win the matchup. If things go 'as likely', the QB+point lead will beat your WR+points trailing. At that point, you have two hopes: 1) QB gets hurt, backup comes in and still throws to your WR, or 2) your second WR has that one blowup game. Otherwise, you're dead.

But that's an unusual situation.

His QB scores 30 points, my DEF against his QB scores 15 points. I canceled out 15 of his QB points. But my other DEF option I didn't pick up put up 20 points. I'm five points behind where I would have been.

His QB scores 30 points, the QB's WR scores 15 points for me. I canceled out 15 of his QB points. But my other WR on my bench scores 16 points. I'm one point down.

The problem thinking there is thinking that your score somehow is connected to your opponent's score in a meaningful way. If you MUST win, and you're losing in that strange case above, there are odds to play. Otherwise, your score...I just realized I spent all this time talking to the wall in a throw-away thread :P

Don't forgot about the Non Cancel Out theory.

Example...if tonight I was down 25 with either Antonio Brown or DeSean Jackson left, but my opponent has Big Ben.

I can't win with Brown, so I have to bench him for DeSean. It's the only option.

I figured it out now.

The cancel out strategy only works on Monday night games since they're the last games of the week. That way, there's no risk of a player coming out of nowhere and to outscore your cancelling player that week.

If my WR scores 20 and your qb scores 20, I have cancelled out nothing. Zippo, zero. Even if my WR is Hopkins and your qb is Osweiler. I'll tell you why and listen close... HIS QB IS STILL TO PLAY, SO YOU HAVE CANCELLED NOTHING. PLUS HE STILL HAS A WR AS WELL. I swear if I have to break this down for one more year, just one more year, I will lose my mind. Like seriously go on a 5 state killing spree with a sharpened wooden duck.

Anyone who thinks there is a shred of strategy to cancelling out is a rehtard and I'll tell you why. You are not factoring in the opponents player at that same position. If my WR scores 20 and your qb scores 20, I have cancelled out nothing. Zippo, zero. HIS QB IS STILL TO PLAY, SO YOU HAVE CANCELLED NOTHING. PLUS HE STILL HAS A WR AS WELL. I swear if I have to break this down for one more year, just one more year, I will lose my mind. Like seriously go on a 5 state killing spree with a sharpened wooden duck.

Maybe we're talking about different things.

Antonio Brown's production is tied to Ben's production. And if my league's scoring is just so, it could be very unlikely for my Antonio to outscore my opponent's Ben. So my play of Antonio in very specific situations could be affected by my opponent having Ben. Amari Cooper might have less a chance of outscoring Antonio, but he might have more of a chance in the end of outscoring Ben because his points aren't dependent on Ben's points.

Maybe I'm talking about anti-canceling out.