Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles56

Kenneth Dixon

I read somewhere today that Baltimore is projecting him to return week 5.

With as much hate as Harbs has thrown at their run game I think this kid has a chance to come in and do work.

I really don't know much about him as to weaknesses and strengths. I don't recall him being a top draft choice or anything like that so I would not be so quick to annoint him yet especially considering everyone else has struggled running the ball there. It's not like Forset is chopped liver you know.

I really don't know much about him as to weaknesses and strengths. I don't recall him being a top draft choice or anything like that so I would not be so quick to annoint him yet especially considering everyone else has struggled running the ball there. It's not like Forset is chopped liver you know.

I dunno man.. It's looking like the 2016 version of Justin Forsett is the definition of JAG. Have you watched Dixon's Louisiana Tech reel? Guy looks like a little spark plug.. and he has good hands.

Looks good on tape and coaches/local media have had nothing but praise for the kid. So he's probably the real deal. Add to the fact that he seems like a very good receiver in a Trestman offense and I think he'll be a solid back the rest of the year.

Looks good on tape and coaches/local media have had nothing but praise for the kid. So he's probably the real deal. Add to the fact that he seems like a very good receiver in a Trestman offense and I think he'll be a solid back the rest of the year.

looks kinda mean too, little shat in his neck. I like that. signed KD stashed on my bench. lol

Wow...highlight was plain FILTHY!!!

Reminds me a little of Marshall Faulk.....I can only dream!!!

A whole lot of hype here for a 4th round rookie on a team with a giant cluster-f of RBBC with him, Forsett, West, and Allen. Not just a 2-man RBBC, but a FOUR man RBBC!

A whole lot of hype here for a 4th round rookie on a team with a giant cluster-f of RBBC with him, Forsett, West, and Allen. Not just a 2-man RBBC, but a FOUR man RBBC!

No one is saying he's going to lead the league in rushing but he has the talent to over take Forsett, West and Allen. All 3 have played like scrubs. Why not take a chance on Dixon and see what happens. Stash and dream!!!

Idk if it's as much if a cluster as you think. Buck Allen hasn't even taken a carry I believe. The coaches are already stating how they are disappointed in the run game. I think he has a chance to be featured

he can catch, huge plus

Yes, this helps. Good video,CookieG, thanks.

I take it you haven't paid any attention to the Ravens' backfield this year.

I take it you haven't paid any attention to the Ravens' backfield this year.

I take it YOU haven't paid any attention to Ravens' backfield.

West and Forsett have split 64 carries in 3 games. That's 21 per game. Conversely, Flacco is attempting 40 passes a game. That's a pretty pass-heavy clip.

Allen's been hurt, but will come back. Last year, he did almost as "well" as Forsett and can only had to the CF this year seems to be.

All four seem to be middling talent on a team that will pass first. Maybe Dixon, even as a 4th rounder, is the most talented with the most future potential, but the team will throw first and unless Dixon is the next coming, the other three will get PT.

So yes, I do pay attention. Do you? Maybe not so much. Or do you just the backup QB and the unproven RB as always better than they guy who's actually played?

• Like 1

cause rookies never produce :shocking:

it's a RBBC because their starter is out (Dixon)

HTH

Ok, ok, I don't want to rain too much on the parade for this future HOFer. I mean, he very well could be that, but the recent past has said this team is all about the RBBC and is pass first anyway. But I'm sure he will lead all the champions on FFT to the promised land.

Me? I'll hold him a maybe a 5, a flyer that might do something. But they sheer number of backs on that team that aren't elite (including Dixon at this point) screams RBBC.

Good luck all!

• Like 1

Ok, ok, I don't want to rain too much on the parade for this future HOFer. I mean, he very well could be that, but the recent past has said this team is all about the RBBC and is pass first anyway. But I'm sure he will lead all the champions on FFT to the promised land.

Me? I'll hold him a maybe a 5, a flyer that might do something. But they sheer number of backs on that team that aren't elite (including Dixon at this point) screams RBBC.

Good luck all!

I tend to agree with law. He hasn't played a down and people are acting like he is a hall of famer. I rather see him play 1st before I waste a waiver claim on him.

• Like 1

Good luck all

We are discussing a waiver wire pick in week 4. Seems you are the only one holding him to a standard of hall off fame or bust

waiver wire pick in week 4 mind you.

I tend to agree with law. He hasn't played a down and people are acting like he is a hall of famer. I rather see him play 1st before I waste a waiver claim on him.

Do you do this with every rookie or only those you missed out on....LOL

In that case nobody should have drafted DJohnson/Gurley last year or Elliot this year let alone if they were on waivers.

I take it YOU haven't paid any attention to Ravens' backfield.

West and Forsett have split 64 carries in 3 games. That's 21 per game. Conversely, Flacco is attempting 40 passes a game. That's a pretty pass-heavy clip.

Allen's been hurt, but will come back. Last year, he did almost as "well" as Forsett and can only had to the CF this year seems to be.

All four seem to be middling talent on a team that will pass first. Maybe Dixon, even as a 4th rounder, is the most talented with the most future potential, but the team will throw first and unless Dixon is the next coming, the other three will get PT.

So yes, I do pay attention. Do you? Maybe not so much. Or do you just the backup QB and the unproven RB as always better than they guy who's actually played?

Clearly you don't pay attention. Buck Allen hasn't been injured. He has been a healthy scratch the first three weeks. The Ravens have only made 2 backs active on gameday. Now for some reason you think that when Dixon is ready to go they will make 4 backs active? I'd like to know your logic there.

True, the Ravens have been pass happy to begin the year. I'd say that part of that is the effect of having an inefficient run game. Historically the Ravens have had a good run game. Forsett and West have had a chance to take the job. They haven't.

Dixon will come back and they may use 3 active rbs to start as he shows what he can do. If he can take the job it will go back to two active rbs. In the preseason he was getting first team reps and looked like the best back on the team. Tres has favored rbs that can run and catch. Dixon is that guy.

Maybe he gets it and maybe he doesn't but as far as guys that might make an impact and could still be available he has to be at the top of the list.

not sure about hall of fame or whatever is being said. in my case i have added him in a keeper format where, if he helps me this year - GREAT, but i'm not counting on it as much as i am hopeful that he grabs the starting role and i get to keep him

See him play first? Are there rules preventing you from adding guys before they play? Dixon shouldn't be available in any league once he steps on the field. You need to plan ahead homie.

• Like 1

Clearly you don't pay attention. Buck Allen hasn't been injured. He has been a healthy scratch the first three weeks. The Ravens have only made 2 backs active on gameday. Now for some reason you think that when Dixon is ready to go they will make 4 backs active? I'd like to know your logic there.

True, the Ravens have been pass happy to begin the year. I'd say that part of that is the effect of having an inefficient run game. Historically the Ravens have had a good run game. Forsett and West have had a chance to take the job. They haven't.

Dixon will come back and they may use 3 active rbs to start as he shows what he can do. If he can take the job it will go back to two active rbs. In the preseason he was getting first team reps and looked like the best back on the team. Tres has favored rbs that can run and catch. Dixon is that guy.

Maybe he gets it and maybe he doesn't but as far as guys that might make an impact and could still be available he has to be at the top of the list.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

I will gladly stash a RB who can run and catch in a Marc Trestman offense. Especially when the two guys in front of him have not exactly cemented starting spots. He's as much of a lotto ticket as a Devontae Booker but with a much clearer path to a starting gig.

There have been some good RBs to come out of Baltimore why not take a shot with this kid. Hell Forsett did pretty good last year before the injury

I dropped Powell for him. Powell was collecting dust regardless, and I don't need a injury-based lotto ticket when I can upgrade to a performance based lotto ticket.

• Like 1

I dropped Powell for him. Powell was collecting dust regardless, and I don't need a injury-based lotto ticket when I can upgrade to a performance based lotto ticket.

Someone who uses sound logic.....I like that.

• Like 1

Hard to keep Powell if you've a short bench but NY seems intent on running Forte to the ground. 30 yr old rbs aren't built for 350 carries a year. If you can be patient Powell has a good chance to be valuable later in the year

Dixon is a flier at this point. Got him in a dynasty league, we will see

I had him but I dropped him for D Lewis. I prefer what Lewis has already proved and could do in 3-6 weeks than what Dixon might do.

Rbs are weird. Guys come out of nowhere and end up being important fantasy-wise every year. And most teams are a couple rolled ankles/twisted knees away from lacking at the position. Dixon is a speculative add for many teams for this reason. It might work out. It might not. Maybe Terrence West or Buck Allen are truly grand and they can keep Dixon at bay. Or maybe Dixon shows up, shows out, and the folks who stashed him win out on a top 20 rb.

The stash player is so common now. If there's firm belief in your talent, you could be Bell or Charles and still get picked in the first 25-30 players. Josh Gordon was seen with Jonathan Football in 2016 but he was still drafted in the first 100 picks in many late August drafts. Oops. Footloose Watkins? Yep, him too...top 50. Speculatively. Sometimes it works. Sometimes? Not. Fantasy football.

He's good. Needs some work in pass protection and fumbles a lot though. He's basically a slightly bigger and better pass catching Ameer Abdullah.

More good news for Dixon and further proof that Law is clueless about a 4 way RBBC. My only concern would be Buck having a big game against a poor OAK D.