Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

RB Position seems thin this year. Who can surprise if given the chance?

Maybe you should go have the popping checked out.

Maybe you should go have the popping checked out.

its perfectly fine , the popping is a sort of like a flickering lightbulb, a thought. I could see Burkhead being this years Dion Lewis

Seems like everyone is sleeping on Jamal Charles.

If he is healthy, he is money.

He is not too old.....and his value is outstanding right now.

Still thinking this guy is a great LATE-round grab or free agent addition to hold a few weeks and see what pans out. If CJ gets injured (been known to happen) or grossly underperforms, then JC could be a top 10 fantasy asset.

Still thinking this guy is a great LATE-round grab or free agent addition to hold a few weeks and see what pans out. If CJ gets injured (been known to happen) or grossly underperforms, then JC could be a top 10 fantasy asset.

Absolutely. Drafted him with my last pick about an hour ago in a 10 team PPR.

If he doesn't pan out, no big loss. I figured he had just as much (or more) upside as anyone still available.

• Like 1

Seems like everyone is sleeping on Jamal Charles.

If he is healthy, he is money.

He is not too old.....and his value is outstanding right now.

Jamal Charles has literally ruined my life... twice. First, like 5 years ago when he was rolling around on the Lions sideline on like Week 2, and last season.

He is dead to me.

Top 10? You must be dreaming. I'll agree with you on one thing, you can get him for next to nothing and it with good reason. Backs like him who rely on their speed usually do not age gracefully, furthermore you add the multiple knee injuries in his past... Total damaged goods in my opinion. A wasted pick wherever you draft him.

I cannot envision any scenario where CJ goes down and Charles instantly becomes a bell cow. He'll share carries with any other warm body on the roster and that would be the most you could hope for.

Anyone taking a chance on Marlon Mack?

He is a 13+ round target for me. I like him better than most any other deep sleeper at that late point in the draft.

Chris Carson. Rawls ankle has never been the same and won't last the season. This kid has had lots of time in practice and games with the first team offense and has excelled. Only a matter of time with him.

• Like 2

I keep saying that Terrence West will be a steal this year. He is going relatively late and is in line for crazy touches.

I'll go Burkhead, Rawls & Smallwood.

I don't know that Rawls will last but boy that situation is ripe for a RB. It's a winning team with scoring opportunities, forget the line and competition. It may be Carson or Lacy but I think something good will happen there.

No one is talking about Buck Allen. He's the ravens RB you take in last round and just wait until he gets his shot. He can pass catch and run out of the backfield

I keep saying that Terrence West will be a steal this year. He is going relatively late and is in line for crazy touches.

No one is talking about Buck Allen. He's the ravens RB you take in last round and just wait until he gets his shot. He can pass catch and run out of the backfield

I remember Buck Allen having a nice little run in my Flex spot for a few weeks during his rookie year. I'm surprised he was never really heard from again after that.

Matt jones. I still think he had the talent we have all seen. I think he gets released and signed somewhere he has a chance to be a no 2 (dolphins chargers rams giants) and can make some noise

talking my book here...but how about wendell smallwood?

He has a chance to be the primary back in Philly. They want him to be the guy. Every time he starts to look like the guy, he gets hurt/injured. So, if he can stay healthy, it's his job to lose.

talking my book here...but how about wendell smallwood?

Grabbed him in the second to last round of a 14 teamer. I figured he was worth a shot because all I've been hearing is he's been the best back in camp and LGB has really failed to impress. The Eagles have a very underrated offensive line and an up and coming offense. I really don't trust Blount anywhere outside of NE. If Smallwood wins the starting job (looking more and more likely according to local beat writers) and can stay healthy I think he'll be a major steal.

This is good stuff. I liked the raw talent I saw from Smallwood last year he looks very talented. Just needs to be coached up I assume. Could be gold if you draft him late and they announce him the starter right out of the gate.

Smallwood, Carson, Mack

I like Jonathan Williams and Donta Foreman as handcuffs you maybe poach in deeper leagues. Tarik Cohen fits here as well

Allen has had his shot and it didn't happen for him. So to me he's an also-ran but I guess he's as good a dart throw as many

Agreed. Gun to my head I'm taking Dion Lewis with my last pick. The other Pat RBs don't excite me at all.

I've got a lot of Mack and Cohen. I'm not sure how much run Mack gets initially as it seems like Gore and Turbin are probably firmly ahead of him. Without injury, I don't see too much opportunity for him in that offense. Especially if Luck is gimpy. Would love to hang on to him but think he's a guy who'll flash later in the season. If given the chance though I think he could be an every down back.

I think Cohen is the change of pace/receiving back for the Bears right away. Plus he's a return guy so there could be the added bonus of a TD or two through special teams. In the event of a Howard injury, I'm not sure he could handle all the touches so his role is probably static for the year. But the talent is there and with Meredith going down I think he's a guy who could help fill some of that receiving void.

I've also got a lot of Jonathan Williams and Deandre Washington. Everyone is gushing about Williams as a "sleeper" and McCoy seems ripe for missed time. But man, Buffalo is going to be bad this year. Heard someone on a podcast talking about the Buffalo O-line transitioning to a ZBS. That's a big line that maybe isn't the most well suited for that type of scheme. Add in the potential for something called Peterman at QB. Bad situation. But in the event of a McCoy injury, Williams is The Guy which is valuable. Hate waiting for an injury though.

Washington will get snaps right away. Oakland has been up front about limiting Lynch's touches. So he has some stand alone value. In that offense, behind that line, he could be awesome if he got 15-20 touches per game. But Richard is there too and without a Lynch injury probably nothing more than a RB3/4.

Smallwood is intriguing. Seems like he's produced when given the chance. Just wonder why he hasn't been given more chances. He flashed pretty well last year but then got pushed aside by Mathews and Sproles. Maybe that had to do with him being a rookie. Maybe there was an injury. Dunno. And he's been dealing with an injury this summer too but they brought in Blount, who hasn't worked out and there's rumors of them bringing in another back. Just seems like that coaching staff wants to have a committee approach. That's the NFL in 2017 but I'd like to know how they're going to use him before getting too excited.

I've got a lot of Mack and Cohen. I'm not sure how much run Mack gets initially as it seems like Gore and Turbin are probably firmly ahead of him. Without injury, I don't see too much opportunity for him in that offense. Especially if Luck is gimpy. Would love to hang on to him but think he's a guy who'll flash later in the season. If given the chance though I think he could be an every down back.

I think Cohen is the change of pace/receiving back for the Bears right away. Plus he's a return guy so there could be the added bonus of a TD or two through special teams. In the event of a Howard injury, I'm not sure he could handle all the touches so his role is probably static for the year. But the talent is there and with Meredith going down I think he's a guy who could help fill some of that receiving void.

I've also got a lot of Jonathan Williams and Deandre Washington. Everyone is gushing about Williams as a "sleeper" and McCoy seems ripe for missed time. But man, Buffalo is going to be bad this year. Heard someone on a podcast talking about the Buffalo O-line transitioning to a ZBS. That's a big line that maybe isn't the most well suited for that type of scheme. Add in the potential for something called Peterman at QB. Bad situation. But in the event of a McCoy injury, Williams is The Guy which is valuable. Hate waiting for an injury though.

Washington will get snaps right away. Oakland has been up front about limiting Lynch's touches. So he has some stand alone value. In that offense, behind that line, he could be awesome if he got 15-20 touches per game. But Richard is there too and without a Lynch injury probably nothing more than a RB3/4.

Smallwood is intriguing. Seems like he's produced when given the chance. Just wonder why he hasn't been given more chances. He flashed pretty well last year but then got pushed aside by Mathews and Sproles. Maybe that had to do with him being a rookie. Maybe there was an injury. Dunno. And he's been dealing with an injury this summer too but they brought in Blount, who hasn't worked out and there's rumors of them bringing in another back. Just seems like that coaching staff wants to have a committee approach. That's the NFL in 2017 but I'd like to know how they're going to use him before getting too excited.

I know he badly missed a blitz pickup last Thurs night's game that resulted in a big sack on Wentz, so blocking could be a big reason why he doesn't get more chances.

As a former QB, I'm sure Pedersen has very little tolerance for stuff like that.

Agreed. Gun to my head I'm taking Dion Lewis with my last pick. The other Pat RBs don't excite me at all.

Really not sure why Gillislee isn't getting any love. Almost 600 yards rushing and 8 TDs last year on 1 start, playing mostly behind McCoy. 5.7 ypc last year sure only on 100 carries but he averaged 5.7 the year prior too. I think he's going to get the first crack at the starting job over Burkhead. White and Lewis are 3rd down / scat backs. I love Dion Lewis but I'm not gonna draft a scat back competing with another scat back for 3rd down opportunities.

Really not sure why Gillislee isn't getting any love. Almost 600 yards rushing and 8 TDs last year on 1 start, playing mostly behind McCoy. 5.7 ypc last year sure only on 100 carries but he averaged 5.7 the year prior too. I think he's going to get the first crack at the starting job over Burkhead. White and Lewis are 3rd down / scat backs. I love Dion Lewis but I'm not gonna draft a scat back competing with another scat back for 3rd down opportunities.

In standard leagues he is definitely the guy

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think for this particular thread, it's trying moreso to pinpoint late round or priority free agent options; guys that aren't so obvious.

Gillislee is being drafted on average anywhere between 6-9th round, so he's already being drafted with expectations. Not sure he's a fit for this conversation.

Nothing personal against the guy go though.

I think for this particular thread, it's trying moreso to pinpoint late round or priority free agent options; guys that aren't so obvious.

Gillislee is being drafted on average anywhere between 6-9th round, so he's already being drafted with expectations. Not sure he's a fit for this conversation.

Nothing personal against the guy go though.

I'm targeting Gillislee to be on my bench and the OP is "if given the chance" which is something Gillislee has never had. All of the rookie RBs, Hunt, included are being drafted above Gillislee and he has the opportunity to be better than all of them in my opinion.

I'm targeting Gillislee to be on my bench and the OP is "if given the chance" which is something Gillislee has never had. All of the rookie RBs, Hunt, included are being drafted above Gillislee and he has the opportunity to be better than all of them in my opinion.

and that's a fine take but the key takeaway I took from the OP was the "other RBs like Coleman, Henry, McCaffery, are all being drafted early even though they are splitting carries out the gate."

Gillislee is being drafted in that same tier as Coleman or Henry, so that's why I said I didn't think was applicable to this specific thread

. I have no issue with the take itself though, except that I disagree that he has more upside than Hunt because Gillislee's role is still undefined and Belichick is no friend to fantasy.

He has as much upside though as any other RB in his tier I will agree.

IF the Pats didn't have a long history of RBBC and IF they did not also currently have eleventy seventeen other RBs on the roster then yeah, sure he's got the opportunity to be better than all of em.

IF the Pats didn't have a long history of RBBC and IF they did not also currently have eleventy seventeen other RBs on the roster then yeah, sure he's got the opportunity to be better than all of em.

How did Blount do last year? There is value to be found here if you don't shoot and miss. Patriots offense is as good as they come.

I'm targeting Gillislee over Burkhead and Lewis over White, but avoid at your own risk. I like to gamble.