Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Colin Kaepernick collusion case is heating up!

Nikes target market isn't middle aged white guy (the ones who seemingly are the most mad at all of this and the kneeling in the first place).

This isn't a flawed logic by any stretch... Nike's biggest shoe endorsement deals are (2017):

MJ - $110m

LeBron - $32m

Durant - $25m

Kobe - $16m

Harden - $14m

Curry - $12m

K. Irving - $8m

I don't think Nike is going to live or die based on what middle aged white men think. Their target audience is clearly a different sector.

I don't think Nike is going to live or die based on what middle aged white men think. Their target audience is clearly a different sector.

No, but the price of their stock will certainly be decided by what middle aged white men think. ;)

I will no longer buy ANY Nike products what so ever

I will no longer buy ANY Nike products what so ever

I burned all my Nikes yesterday....probably should have taken them off first though. :unsure:

Never understood the financials of big athletics. I do understand that they are geared toward urban youth. Do any of those urban youth really give a crap about Kaep?

They won't have Kaepernick talk in a commercial. Notice he doesn't talk much at all? You would figure he would be doing tv and radio interviews left and right. Nope. He's as dumb as a rock.

So let me get this straight. CK started his whole kneeling thing due to perceived human rights violations regarding black's. He has an endorsement deal with a company known for being involved in child labor abuses and sweatshops. And he didn't terminate it. Yeah, ok Colin. I see how much you actually care.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

He probably has him on his dynasty team...

That's what happened to me. In my defense, none of us realized back then how much he hated America.

They won't have Kaepernick talk in a commercial. Notice he doesn't talk much at all? You would figure he would be doing tv and radio interviews left and right. Nope. He's as dumb as a rock.

He lets smart people talk for him .... which is kinda smart.

That's the gamble isn't it. They think they can offset the loss of middle aged white men by targeting the anti-American traitor market.

Never understood the financials of big athletics. I do understand that they are geared toward urban youth. Do any of those urban youth really give a crap about Kaep?

There is a study out there that I read once, struggling to remember who set it up....some university, anyway....the study concluded that African Americans and Hispanics were disproportionately likely to invest in sports clothing and such. it did not even dare to delve into reasons, but the data was clear.

The problem being that this segment remains limited in purchasing power. Thus, regardless of the fervor of the market segment dedication, alienating the purchasing power group is a BAAAD idea....

Snowflakes cutting the swoosh off their Nike clothes and lighting sneakers on fire:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/2018/09/04/people-are-destroying-their-nike-gear-protest-colin-kaepernicks-just-do-it-campaign/

Get a grip people.

yeah, that will show Nike, burn up the stuff you already paid for.

yeah, that will show Nike, burn up the stuff you already paid for.

Standard tactic for people who are nuts, crazies did the same thing to the Dixie Chicks, there are likely others we can call on....not very smart, but it gets them attention I guess.

In case most forgot, Nike has a deal with the NFL - signed thru 2028. The Nike Swoosh will be visible and on full display for each and every uniform.

It will be interesting to see how far the hypocrisy extends on this. It will be interesting to see how many of those burning Nike gear in effigy, and how many of those up in arms - still tune in to watch the NFL...

I have some Nike products. Being somewhat of a tastemaker and holding influence, I won't be wearing them for now.

I have some Nike products. Being somewhat of a tastemaker and holding influence, I won't be wearing them for now.

i will likely still wear the stuff I paid for, until I accumulate new threads, then i will donate it all....but no way in hell will i EVER buy another Nike product.

In case most forgot, Nike has a deal with the NFL - signed thru 2028. The Nike Swoosh will be visible and on full display for each and every uniform.

It will be interesting to see how far the hypocrisy extends on this. It will be interesting to see how many of those burning Nike gear in effigy, and how many of those up in arms - still tune in to watch the NFL...

I think Voltaire is the only geek who says he doesnt watch the NFL because of the protests. The other guys watch it but they dont like it and theyre real mad.

I was wondering where all the snowflakes were crying about Nike. Usually every grievance has a dedicated thread.

I was wondering where all the snowflakes were crying about Nike. Usually every grievance has a dedicated thread.

5-6 threads even if its McCain related.

The thing I like most about Nike as a corporation is their use of slave labor in countries where no one is looking. I can only imagine the trashings and rapes that go down on a daily basis while the sneakers get pumped out. Oh to be a foreman at one of their plants! I hope this new found social awareness of theirs doesn't have an affect on that. Never mind the environmental damage that is sure to also be going on! Oh the joy!

Nikes support for Kaep is as cheap and fake a publicity ploy as Trumps fey womanly bedwetting about the protests.

That's the gamble isn't it. They think they can offset the loss of middle aged white men by targeting the anti-American traitor market.

Come on volty...dont be the same as other trolls with the traitor bs.

Go make a samich and shut your face.

Housecoat vs. housecoat.

You two ladies should have a bake off.

Housecoat vs. housecoat.

I work more than you do. Make more too. Lol.

Housecoat vs. housecoat.

There is no vs...I dont speak to that jackbag.

Even your fellow spice girls call you a house bich

Me neither. And it drives him nuts. :lol:

Kaepernick is a cancer to the entire US project and he's metastasized all over. Is cancer a better word? Maybe it is.

Kaepernick is a cancer to the entire US project and he's metastasized all over. Is cancer a better word? Maybe it is.

I dont think he is that either.

But the anti American traitor stuff is bs crap for the likes of Rock and drobeski.