Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

***NFL Draft/ NFL Combine talk

They have a better QB than Dal & NYG. They are a dumpster fire of an organization but the Smith signing isnt an awful one

I didnt mind the initial trade all that much. A 3rd rounder plus a CB isnt cheap but it is the going rate. The contract extension was awful, especially since they could have signed Cousins for less before jerking him around for two seasons. There is no reason to sign a good but not great 33 y/o QB to a deal that long or rich. Its the type of move teams that want to go 8-8 year after year make.

They have a better QB than Dal & NYG. They are a dumpster fire of an organization but the Smith signing isnt an awful one

Dak is on the books for $726,000 this year and $816,000 next year.... I'll take that over the difference Smith brings at his ridiculous price.

Dak is on the books for $726,000 this year and $816,000 next year.... I'll take that over the difference Smith brings at his ridiculous price.

So in two years you'll be ok with them letting him walk so you can pay another new QB minimally too.

Bs leafs last night was everything you love about playoff hockey. Awesome game.

Excited for both eastern conf semi matchups. Love this time of year

Hell yeah!!

I will be ticked if Browns take baker mayfield aka Manziel 2.0. I may have to find a new team after that.

I will be ticked if Browns take baker mayfield aka Manziel 2.0. I may have to find a new team after that.

That's your breaking point? :shocking:

:lol:

It's just something most stop doing after college. No biggie.

Doing what?

I thought that was a stupid question- apparently it wasn't

:dunno:

I'll be at a draft party

Not with this group it isnt lol

Who you wanting the giants to get?

I didnt mind the initial trade all that much. A 3rd rounder plus a CB isnt cheap but it is the going rate. The contract extension was awful, especially since they could have signed Cousins for less before jerking him around for two seasons. There is no reason to sign a good but not great 33 y/o QB to a deal that long or rich. Its the type of move teams that want to go 8-8 year after year make.

Smith coming off best season. Led league in passing. 4th best running QB in the league. Plenty of miles on those legs. Don't listen to all the experts, Cousins was NEVER signing, EVER. Good signing.

Time will tell. Forget money, I'll take a 105 rated passer over an 85 one, everyday, all day. Skins had absurd injuries last season. They aren't terrible.

Smith coming off best season. Led league in passing. 4th best running QB in the league. Plenty of miles on those legs. Don't listen to all the experts, Cousins was NEVER signing, EVER. Good signing.

Yep, sounds like a solid 8-8 type move. :thumbsup:

That's your breaking point? :shocking:

:lol:

Ive been a fan for so long... been waiting and waiting... this is the last hurrah for me. Im a patient person.

I wish I could watch. I'm on a plane to LA for a customer dinner I set up a while ago because another guy was in town and I didn't realize it was the draft first round. If I had I would have bagged and enjoyed it with my wife.

I'll try to follow it on Twitter or something like NFL network app.

As a bonus I get to miss tomorrow as well for a dance recital. :(

Going to bars.

Yeah. I noticed how empty they are.

Yeah. I noticed how empty they are.

I'm just not a fanatic. I'd rather enjoy the draft without the drunk Pom Pom squad cheering and booing every pick. Just grew up is all.

So in two years you'll be ok with them letting him walk so you can pay another new QB minimally too.

Sure, why not? If this team was smart (and they're not), they'd still be drafting qb's if one presented itself........ Why? Bcoz I'm not convinced Dak is a franchise qb.

Time will tell. Forget money, I'll take a 105 rated passer over an 85 one, everyday, all day. Skins had absurd injuries last season. They aren't terrible.

Maybe you missed the part where Zeke, S. Lee and Tyron Smith and our starting Corner were gone for weeks at a time too.

Maybe you missed the part where Zeke, S. Lee and Tyron Smith were gone for weeks at a time too.

And I guess the Giants didn't have any injuries.

And I guess the Giants didn't have any injuries.

The discussion is about Wash/Dallas and the value of the Smith signing v. Dak - not NY.

• Like 1

No doubt, it's also incentive for him to play at a higher level.

• Like 1

Not with this group it isnt lol

Who you wanting the giants to get?

I'm in the Barkley camp. I want an explosive running game. Kinda hope Browns take him so we get Sam.

I'm in the Barkley camp. I want an explosive running game. Kinda hope Browns take him so we get Sam.

I know that doesn't make sense. LOL. But if Cle takes him it is out of Giants hands

If the Browns were smart theyd take Barkley. Hell they got 2 second round picks as well. Be good for them (in my opinion) if they took Barkley at 1 and Chubbs at 4 then traded back into the first round and picked up a QB like Lamar Jackson

Barkley

Sam D

Rosen

Mayfield

Top 4 - no trades

My take

Barkley

Sam D

Rosen

Mayfield

Top 4 - no trades

My take

Bracket Busted

Knew it

Yeah that was the conversation of the day. Still didn't think it would happen.

don't like it. they should have gone barkley and likely get mayfield at 4 for less $$$ anyway

don't like it. they should have gone barkley and likely get mayfield at 4 for less $$$ anyway

Its the Browns. They are never smart.

Fvck Yeah !!!!!!

Giants backfield was atrocious this past year. I love that pick for them.

Giants backfield was atrocious this past year. I love that pick for them.

it means they want to compete and help eli now. a qb here would have meant rebuild