Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Major hurricane Florence

I did not insinuate anything. I made a logical observation that it makes zero sense to keep the hospital open. As far as I know that wasn't your decision. You are the one acting like a petulant child.

And before that you made a comment about *too bad you wont be there* insinuating Im lying about going to Myrtle beach cause my wife had to work. You can claim what you want but your actions from the past and now say differently.

If you truly did not mean anything by it then I apologize. Ill be the first to say I was wrong and that Im sorry. However, I doubt that is the case. Considering this is the geek board I believe Im right about it.

And before that you made a comment about *too bad you wont be there* insinuating Im lying about going to Myrtle beach cause my wife had to work. You can claim what you want but your actions from the past and now say differently.

If you truly did not mean anything by it then I apologize. Ill be the first to say I was wrong and that Im sorry. However, I doubt that is the case. Considering this is the geek board I believe Im right about it.

I made the comment assuming they would close the hospital based on all the reports and my experience with hurricanes.

Apology accepted and again good luck during and after this biotch hits.

I made the comment assuming they would close the hospital based on all the reports and my experience with hurricanes.

Apology accepted and again good luck during and after this biotch hits.

Then I apologize truly. And thanks. My wife is flying back in from Nebraska today so when she gets here Ill see if she has to go in or not. If not, Ill have to see what we are doing. Might go to my sisters since they live further inland and my BIL had their whole house wired to a generator. They were out of power for over a week last hurricane and my BIL didnt want that happening again

Looks like they split them into two teams. Team A and Team B. Team A goes and stays during the storm to care for the patients too critical to move. Team B goes in when after the hurricane passes. My wife is on team B. So looks like we will be making alternate plans

Then I apologize truly. And thanks. My wife is flying back in from Nebraska today so when she gets here Ill see if she has to go in or not. If not, Ill have to see what we are doing. Might go to my sisters since they live further inland and my BIL had their whole house wired to a generator. They were out of power for over a week last hurricane and my BIL didnt want that happening again

I feel for your wife flying today. I have a couple of employees flying today and schedules and flights are already getting jacked up.

I feel for your wife flying today. I have a couple of employees flying today and schedules and flights are already getting jacked up.

She actually just landed lol. She flew in the Charlotte and will be driving back this way soon

Everyone is a little sensitive, because Aunt Flo is coming to town.

:lol:

Just looked at Windy.com (highly recommended) thing looks like its turning south.

That's pretty focking cool. :thumbsup:

Just looked at Windy.com (highly recommended) thing looks like its turning south.

Just checked it out - that's a cool ass site. :thumbsup:

Dibs on Digby's green jacket.

This focker is going to screw a lot of golfers out of T times. :mad:

Give me the over. They'll blame everything they can on the hurricane.

• Like 1

Can we still blame Bush for this one, or are we stuck blaming Trump?

Trump's inadequate response is appalling. :mad:

----

Oh wait, I'm a couple of days early with that one. Sorry about jumping the gun everyone. I'll be sure to cut and paste this onto page nine of this thread.

That's just quality right there. Kudos.

Hope this doesn't destroy fishtown.

It is right near the water.

Can we still blame Bush for this one, or are we stuck blaming Trump?

Trump is being blamed in a Washington Post op-ed...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/another-hurricane-is-about-to-batter-our-coast-trump-is-complicit/2018/09/11/ccaed766-b5fb-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a34093925a79&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

YET AGAIN, a massive hurricane feeding off unusually warm ocean water has the potential to stall over heavily populated areas, menacing millions of people. Last year Hurricane Harvey battered Houston. Now, Hurricane Florence threatens to drench already waterlogged swaths of the East Coast, including the nation’s capital . If the Category 4 hurricane does, indeed, hit the Carolinas this week, it will be the strongest storm on record to land so far north.

President Trump issued several warnings on his Twitter feed Monday, counseling those in Florence’s projected path to prepare and listen to local officials. That was good advice.

Yet when it comes to extreme weather, Mr. Trump is complicit. He plays down humans’ role in increasing the risks, and he continues to dismantle efforts to address those risks. It is hard to attribute any single weather event to climate change. But there is no reasonable doubt that humans are priming the Earth’s systems to produce disasters.

Kevin Trenberth, a climate researcher at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, co-wrote a May paper showing that Harvey’s cataclysmic wetness came from the unusually hot Gulf of Mexico water that fed the hurricane before it slammed into Texas. “Harvey could not have produced so much rain without human-induced climate change,” he and his colleagues concluded. Now Florence is feasting on warm Atlantic Ocean water. “The ocean is warming up systematically,” Mr. Trenberth said, explaining that, though natural variation can turn surface temperatures up or down a bit, the oceans’ energy content is inexorably rising. “It is the strongest signal of global warming,” Mr. Trenberth added.

Scientists also warn that climate change may be slowing the wind currents that guide hurricanes, making storms more sluggish and, therefore, apt to linger longer over disaster zones. Tropical cyclone movement has slowed all over the planet. Harvey’s stubborn refusal to leave the Houston area was a decisive factor in its destructiveness. Florence may behave similarly.

And human-caused sea-level rise encourages higher storm surges and fewer natural barriers between water and people.

With depressingly ironic timing, the Trump administration announced Tuesday a plan to roll back federal rules on methane, a potent greenhouse gas that is the main component in natural gas. Drillers and transporters of the fuel were supposed to be more careful about letting it waft into the atmosphere, which is nothing more than rank resource waste that also harms the environment. The Trump administration has now attacked all three pillars of President Barack Obama’s climate-change plan.

The president has cemented the GOP’s legacy as one of reaction and reality denial. Sadly, few in his party appear to care.

See this is the childishness Im talking about. Its not funny. Not even the least bit. Its dumb. Its childish. Serves no purpose. Just a old man trying to sound cool and failing miserably. Im all for ball busting but some of you just cant do it or act childish and it falls flat

See this is the childishness Im talking about. Its not funny. Not even the least bit. Its dumb. Its childish. Serves no purpose. Just a old man trying to sound cool and failing miserably. Im all for ball busting but some of you just cant do it or act childish and it falls flat

For real? Better if they just come out and say you are full of ?

For real? Better if they just come out and say you are full of ######?

Do explain how I am. Id LOVE to hear this. Cause last I checked, I back up what Im saying. Unlike a majority of you retards

I hadn't even considered the Trump Effect in my calculations. it was solely based on how many idiots bought it on last year's big one in the US. There is easily 28 retards in the vicinity of this one.

In all seriousness, my best wishes to Djgb, KSB, Bill and any other Geeks projected to get nailed by this hurricane.

I hadn't even considered the Trump Effect in my calculations. it was solely based on how many idiots bought it on last year's big one in the US. There is easily 28 retards in the vicinity of this one.

Saw where Washington post was blaming trump for the hurricane Lol

Trump is being blamed in a Washington Post op-ed...

I have been patiently waiting for the global warming link to come out. I'm actually surprised it took this long

Let's forget that hurricanes are down this year....

OK--forgot that...Let's see what the fact that I don't ride a bike to work has caused:

1) Stronger storms - Not necessarily more....even though that was the thing last year

2) Weaker winds that guide these storms...Causing them to slow down(that's new--also please note..this only seems to happen over "disaster zones")

3) Human caused sea level rise(already a conclusion made in the first few words) lead to less natural barriers and higher storm surges

In the SAME ARTICLE....the same article...This is quoted: It is hard to attribute any single weather event to climate change.

I don't know what to think. Is this hurricane the result of my 20 Miles to the gallon? Or should I not really blame it on climate change because it is hard to attribute on event?

What an article. Pulitzer?

Bezos owns WAPO. Bezos owns Amazon. Amazon gets so much of their goods from polluting ass China and other slave states. Plus the trucks. So many trucks.

Weather channel chick just said how beautiful the Hurricane looks from space. Good thing it wasn't Trump that said it.

Weather channel chick just said how beautiful the Hurricane looks from space. Good thing it wasn't Trump that said it.

But does Serena Williams look pretty from space...

It's funny to everyone but you. :dunno: