JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Im a huge 2a supporter and this is spot on.  We need things that normalize guns. I think all the camo etc is playing off the 'well regulated militia' angle.  

Yeah, we don't need to scare people. We need for them to see that they encounter armed citizens all day, every day, they just don't know it. Then hopefully they realize that the gun isn't the problem. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I agree to an extent. 

I mean, unfortunately, this is the state of affairs in this country. Got a statement to make? Go out and make it in the most outlandish way possible in order to get people to notice you. So I agree with gun rights groups gathering in public to bring attention to their cause.

That said, I think these guys could/would have made a better statement by wearing a suit or a work uniform or regular civi's to show that gun rights advocates are just normal people that you encounter everyday without issue. 

Going out in full battle rattle is not the impression they need to make if they want to gain support. 

That’s what I was thinking. I think wearing casual clothing sends a better message. 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Seems like profiling.  Isn’t that an ignorant thing to do?

That’s not what I’m doing at all. As a gun owner, I am a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I think there are better ways of supporting it than showing up looking like a small army. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I agree to an extent. 

I mean, unfortunately, this is the state of affairs in this country. Got a statement to make? Go out and make it in the most outlandish way possible in order to get people to notice you. So I agree with gun rights groups gathering in public to bring attention to their cause.

That said, I think these guys could/would have made a better statement by wearing a suit or a work uniform or regular civi's to show that gun rights advocates are just normal people that you encounter everyday without issue. 

Going out in full battle rattle is not the impression they need to make if they want to gain support. 

and here I am thinking, I am glad to be on these guys side

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Im a huge 2a supporter and this is spot on.  We need things that normalize guns. I think all the camo etc is playing off the 'well regulated militia' angle.  

This is incorrect. 

America is currently in pre-war mode.  Both the far left and far right are CORRECTLY looking to create martyrs (for their goals).  Take for example the Boston Massacre.  If the protestors at the Boston massacre had followed your advice and behaved with decorum and dressed well, absolutely NOTHING would have happened and no martyrs would have been created, and the Boston Massacre never happens and the event is a total failure.  But because the protestors agitated, they got the Redcoats to make a mistake and fire on the crowd and kill some.  At THAT point, it doesn't matter how the protestors dressed or how uncouth they were.  They got the desired result. 

For the revolutions goals, they dressed and acted correctly.  The other side just didn't take the bait.  But with the current state of the nation, with massive loss of trust everywhere, it'll work sooner or later.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That’s not what I’m doing at all. As a gun owner, I am a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I think there are better ways of supporting it than showing up looking like a small army. 

The message was spot on.  The delivery could have been better.

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

If you want a revolution, they did it correctly.

They gotta go in, make people a little uncomfortable.  Push the boundaries.  But in the end, make sure the left attacks FIRST.  Hell, maybe even look a little dangerous but if the left attacks, just set down the guns. 

But under NO circumstances do you go in looking like regular people or wearing a suit and tie or something.  You'll never get martyr status that way.

The revolution's goals is martyr status, not looking presentable for regular people.

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Sounds good. I admit I’m not always able to get my point across the way I want. 

24 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and here I am thinking, I am glad to be on these guys side

I'm on their side too but I'm not the guy they need to convince that 2A rights are non-negotiable. If they want to drum up support from fence sitters I don't think this is the way to go about it. 

If their point was to scare non gun owners and fence sitters into believing that 2A supporters are, in fact, "gun nuts" and that further gun control is necessary, I think they probably achieved that goal. 

I'm one who thinks we need to convince more people to come around to our way of thinking, not scare them away from guns and gun owners.

If the time comes that riversco's civil war breaks out, then it's time for intimidating shows of force to discourage opposition. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'm on their side too but I'm not the guy they need to convince that 2A rights are non-negotiable. If they want to drum up support from fence sitters I don't think this is the way to go about it. 

If their point was to scare non gun owners and fence sitters into believing that 2A supporters are, in fact, "gun nuts" and that further gun control is necessary, I think they probably achieved that goal. 

I'm one who thinks we need to convince more people to come around to our way of thinking, not scare them away from guns and gun owners.

If the time comes that riversco's civil war breaks out, then it's time for intimidating shows of force to discourage opposition. 

see I saw it as, we will defend our rights to the 2A no matter what, and this is what you will face if you try to take them away so be prepared, or think twice

I’d love to see the reaction if a bunch of gun-toting black dudes in masks stormed a government building.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d love to see the reaction if a bunch of gun-toting black dudes in masks stormed a government building.

Let me know when gun toting white dudes storm a gov building. But I guess you believe the Huff Post headline.  

52 minutes ago, MDC said:

To be fair, if you really want to be fair, when roughly 8% of the population is committing about half of the violent crime in this country, they deserve more scrutiny than any other group.

But to your point, when the Black Panthers carried guns to the state capitol in Sacramento, then Governor Ronald Reagan declared open carry illegal in the state of California. 

Stupid militant black doods rooned it for everybody.  :mad:

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

see I saw it as, we will defend our rights to the 2A no matter what, and this is what you will face if you try to take them away so be prepared, or think twice

I can see the appeal in that but I don't think it will have the desired effect. I could be wrong though. 

Does a global emergency reduce or even halt the threat of civil war?

History suggests it doesn't.  The biggest example would be Russia.  Russia collapsed into civil war in the middle of World War I.  Conventional wisdom says engaging in a World War would be a strong unifying factor for a nation.  But Russia actually had to withdraw from WWI to sort out a domestic crisis as the Bolsheviks overthrew the Czar.  We've been in this pandemic crisis long enough to take a look at how the US cultural war is faring.  We see the liberal media choosing to use the crisis to attack President Trump and republicans.  They are trying to sew discord and hate everywhere they can.  Its a neverending drumbeat from the press trying to get the public mad and offended at everything.  The attempt to tear the nation apart is more intense than ever.   Opinions on President Trump's handling of the crisis is starkly different between democrats and republicans, however democrats' opinions have improved.  Approval of the media and how it is reporting the crisis is terribly low.  I think the danger of the pandemic helping to destabilize the US is quite real.  The public so far is resisting the siren call of the liberal media to get offended.  If that turns, everything could be lost.

As far as fftoday forum posters, most are right wing but have income and jobs (at least until the pandemic).  This is not the demographic that revolts.  I don't expect a single poster to join a revolt.  In a revolt, the demographic on this forum is expected to try to split the middle.  That means they will hate the democrats outright but also decide the things the revolution as bad as well.  So they will sit out the revolt and criticize both factions.  Its often meant to come off as being above conflict but usually results in the worst possible outcome.  By refusing to side with either faction, you get hated by both.  If the democrats win, you'll get branded a traitor for being a republican.  If the revolution wins, you STILL get branded a traitor for not helping the cause.  That's why you actually see the demographic here opt to flee the county.  And that's why I always suggest to get passports and be ready to leave.

7 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

In a real civil war with actual bullets I still cannot identify the 2 sides. 

Shoot the people dressed all in black or red and black. Three arrows or marxist flags are a great indicator of lead deficiency.

The ones with pink hair and rainbow flags are a generally harmless variant of the same thing. They are liable to sh*t their pants and cry and whine and roll around on the ground shrieking hysterically when confronted. If you let them live, the moment you are gone, they are likely to de-friend you on Facebook or give you a negative review on Yelp.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Shoot the people dressed all in black or red and black. Three arrows or marxist flags are a great indicator of lead deficiency.

The ones with pink hair and rainbow flags are a generally harmless variant of the same thing. They are liable to sh*t their pants and cry and whine and roll around on the ground shrieking hysterically when confronted. If you let them live, the moment you are gone, they are likely to de-friend you on Facebook or give you a negative review on Yelp.

They can still vote though.  

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Shoot those with 'Hillary 2016' and 'Coexist' bumper stickers on their cars. 

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

Do we call this widespread civil unrest yet?

The liberals don't care about the damages and the loss of life. They just care about using this in some way to try and win the November election

But yeah, it's time to start eliminating violent people in mass. 

BTW, I was permanently banned from FBGs for talking about the imminent dangers of civil unrest and civil war.  Today people at FBGs are throwing around the term civil unrest and it is not controversial at all.  In fact, some of them accused me of trying to incite a civil war.  So if I was still allowed to post there, I imagine the reaction would be that I personally caused all of this rioting.

17 minutes ago, riversco said:

BTW, I was permanently banned from FBGs for talking about the imminent dangers of civil unrest and civil war.  Today people at FBGs are throwing around the term civil unrest and it is not controversial at all.  In fact, some of them accused me of trying to incite a civil war.  So if I was still allowed to post there, I imagine the reaction would be that I personally caused all of this rioting.

Were you riversco over there?  If I can find my log in, ill go give them an I told you so on your behalf

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Were you riversco over there?  If I can find my log in, ill go give them an I told you so on your behalf

Yah I was. 

They are nuts and stupid.  So when confronted with a sound theory, they just assume trolling and ban me forever.  Then they quietly adopt all my views.

I'd go post on your behalf but was banned by one mod 5 minutes after a post, then banned again the next day by another mod for the same post I was already banned for :lol:

Colin Kapernick calls for open revolt:

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-speaks-out-about-george-floyds-death-riots-we-have-the-right-to-fight-back-180250975.html

Colin Kaepernick speaks out about George Floyd's death, riots: 'We have the right to fight back'

Liz Roscher
Yahoo Sports May 28, 2020

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is speaking out about the killing of George Floyd, who died on Monday after a Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck for seven minutes while arresting him. The incident was caught on video and has sparked several days of protests and riots in Minneapolis as well as nationwide outrage.

Numerous athletes have shared their feelings about Floyd’s death, and now Kaepernick has weighed in.

“When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction.

The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears because your violence has brought this resistance.

We have the right to fight back!

Rest in Power George Floyd”

Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem in 2016, specifically to protest police brutality against black people and people of color — the same police brutality that killed Floyd. After opting out of his contract at the end of the 2016 season, Kaepernick was unable to find a job in the NFL and hasn’t played a single professional football game since. Kaepernick filed a grievance accusing the NFL of collusion in 2017, since it appeared he’d been blackballed, and he reached a financial settlement with the league in 2019 for an undisclosed sum.

Kaepernick’s silent protest inspired numerous others around the NFL to do the same, and it continues to inspire people today. The image of him kneeling has been all over social media, juxtaposed with a still image of a police officer kneeling on Floyd’s neck. Many prominent athletes, including LeBron James, have posted or retweeted the image, and Kaepernick even included it in an Instagram story.

25 minutes ago, riversco said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-speaks-out-about-george-floyds-death-riots-we-have-the-right-to-fight-back-180250975.html

Colin Kaepernick speaks out about George Floyd's death, riots: 'We have the right to fight back'

Liz Roscher

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is speaking out about the killing of George Floyd, who died on Monday after a Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck for seven minutes while arresting him. The incident was caught on video and has sparked several days of protests and riots in Minneapolis as well as nationwide outrage.

Numerous athletes have shared their feelings about Floyd’s death, and now Kaepernick has weighed in.

The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears because your violence has brought this resistance.

Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem in 2016, specifically to protest police brutality against black people and people of color — the same police brutality that killed Floyd. After opting out of his contract at the end of the 2016 season, Kaepernick was unable to find a job in the NFL and hasn’t played a single professional football game since. Kaepernick filed a grievance accusing the NFL of collusion in 2017, since it appeared he’d been blackballed, and he reached a financial settlement with the league in 2019 for an undisclosed sum.

Kaepernick’s silent protest inspired numerous others around the NFL to do the same, and it continues to inspire people today. The image of him kneeling has been all over social media, juxtaposed with a still image of a police officer kneeling on Floyd’s neck. Many prominent athletes, including LeBron James, have posted or retweeted the image, and Kaepernick even included it in an Instagram story.

Revolting is the only logical reaction? Hahaa. If white people revolted against the black community every time a black person killed someone, there would no longer be black people in this country.

I heard earlier on a liberal radio station a host compare Kaepernick to MLK.

Kaepernick put his teams executives and the leagues leadership in a bad position by bringing politics into the NFL live broadcasts, so no one wanted him any longer. MLK fought for civil rights in the 1960's. 

"We have to fight back!" Does that mean he is ready to go looting and beating up old white women in wheel chairs? Or is he just going to be a cheerleader of it all.

MLK said, "Riots ensure setting back the cause."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/world-uneasily-watches-us-protests-130003544.html

First time I've seen a news outlet prominently proclaim this is civil unrest.  Also some comments from China / Russia officials.

Associated Press
World alarmed by violence in US; thousands march in London
DANICA KIRKA
Associated PressMay 31, 2020, 6:00 AM PDT

LONDON (AP) — Nations around the world have watched in horror at the civil unrest in the United States following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white police officer pressed his knee on his neck until he stopped breathing.

In China, the protests are being viewed through the prism of U.S. government criticism of China's crackdown on anti-government protests in Hong Kong.

Hu Xijin, the editor of the state-owned Global Times newspaper, tweeted that U.S. officials can now see protests out their own windows: “I want to ask Speaker Pelosi and Secretary Pompeo: Should Beijing support protests in the U.S., like you glorified rioters in Hong Kong?”

Hua Chunying, a Chinese Foreign ministry spokeswoman, pointed out America's racial unrest by tweeting “I can't breathe,” which Floyd said before his death.

In Iran, which has violently put down nationwide demonstrations by killing hundreds, arresting thousands and disrupting internet access to the outside world, state television has repeatedly aired images of the U.S. unrest. One TV anchor discussed “a horrible scene from New York, where police attacked protesters.” Another state TV message accused U.S. police agencies in Washington of “setting fire to cars and attacking protesters,” without offering any evidence.

Russia accused the United States of “systemic problems in the human rights sphere.'' It denounced Floyd's death as the latest in a series of police violence cases against African Americans.

“This incident is far from the first in a series of lawless conduct and unjustified violence from U.S. law enforcement,’’ the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement. “American police commit such high-profile crimes all too often.’’

On 5/30/2020 at 2:53 AM, riversco said:

Kapernick is inciting a riot.

Yes, scumbag.  

The Black Community was just beginning to make some headway so the their leaders had to set them back.

I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. - Booker T. Washington 1911

"Riots ensure setting back the cause." MLK

• Like 1

The riot groups out here have tweeted (antifa) for one they are done with the city... they are going to bring the fught out to the suburbs.

You stupid fockers.... the reason none of us care much is you aren't coming after us.  You have no focking clue the sleeping giant you will wake if you start coming into residential neighborhoods.  You really have no idea how many guys are waiting out here for you to give them a real reason and justification to put you all down like the rabid chihuahuas you are.

People I know would have zero qualms about ending the soy tour if you come to their house.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 2:35 PM, riversco said:

Liz Roscher

Then get out there kaep. Put that Nike money where your focking mouth is. Pick up a brick and man a barricade you focking doosh. 

3 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

The riot groups out here have tweeted (antifa) for one they are done with the city... they are going to bring the fught out to the suburbs.

You stupid fockers.... the reason none of us care much is you aren't coming after us.  You have no focking clue the sleeping giant you will wake if you start coming into residential neighborhoods.  You really have no idea how many guys are waiting out here for you to give them a real reason and justification to put you all down like the rabid chihuahuas you are.

People I know would have zero qualms about ending the soy tour if you come to their house.

That would be the biggest possible mistake they could make.

White suburban and rural America are appaled watching these fools burn and pillage their own inner cities.

You bring that sh!t out to the burbs or the small towns, you'll get a damn war you can't win. 

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That would be the biggest possible mistake they could make.

White suburban and rural America are appaled watching these fools burn and pillage their own inner cities.

You bring that sh!t out to the burbs or the small towns, you'll get a damn war you can't win. 

And no one will care about George Floyd or police reform. They had this. It was a clear victory for their cause.  They pulled a Pete Carroll. All they had to do was run it in. 

16 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

They'd be piled 5' high in the middle of my street. My neighbors are old school. I'd have to be the voice of reason and THAT is a scary thought. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

They'd be piled 5' high in the middle of my street. My neighbors are old school. I'd have to be the voice of reason and THAT is a scary thought. 

I remember once at my parents house, the alarm went off at 1 am for some random reason. Loud sirens and strobe lights. 

I went outside, and I could see five guys holding guns standing on the front porch. Not some piddly revolver either. Behind them, older children and the women had pieces too.

The freaking police wouldn't have a good time storming the average suburban neighborhood where I'm from. Antifa queers? Good luck with that. 

17 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I remember once at my parents house, the alarm went off at 1 am for some random reason. Loud sirens and strobe lights. 

I went outside, and I could see five guys holding guns standing on the front porch. Not some piddly revolver either. Behind them, older children and the women had pieces too.

The freaking police wouldn't have a good time storming the average suburban neighborhood where I'm from. Antifa queers? Good luck with that. 

3-AR's, 3-9mm's, 1-7.62mm SKS, 1-.30 cal M1 Carbine, 1-.270 Rifle, 2-12 Gauge Pump Shotguns, 3-.22's, and 1-Daisy Red Rider

4 shooters....