JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

When have either of them ever been "happy" with us? 

Semantics. You know what I meant, Rusty. 

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Semantics. You know what I meant, Rusty. 

They used to clap along because they felt like a room without a roof.

They used to clap along because they felt like happiness was the truth.

They used to clap along because they knew what happiness was to them.

They used to clap along because they felt like it's what they wanted to do.

Now all that happiness is gone.

:unsure:

23 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He feels sure it will be by November/December, although he's not quite sure enough to make a bet with me on it, because really all he's doing is fearmongering.

i can tell you have never read this thread.  I have stated many times that the purpose of this thread is to think of ways to prevent civil war.  Of course, you are a massive troll and will try to falsely claim that is fearmongering.  I mean, when people try to find solutions to climate change, do you also say that is fearmongering?  

You are a bot.  01010101101100000 personal attacks and guilt trips.  And the funny thing is, no matter how many times I point it out, you keep doing it.  Because you are a bot with nothing of value to add.

The way democrats are defending trudeau, biden probably thinks hes got a fair chance of winning Support if he just declares himself emperor. 

Freddie DeBoer with another great piece, although it is a gloomy forecast for our country's politics:   We Are Experiencing Definitional Collapse (substack.com).   The piece reinforces some of what Justincharge has been posting in this thread about this stuff.  

In other words there is a vacuum of meaning, in our politics, and the really scary question is what will fill it. The right strongman, whether R or D, could ride in and get 65% of the electorate to support him as he casually dispensed with law and democracy, giving the people the firm hand they so desire. We’ve just been lucky that our recent leaders have been so corrupt, feckless, and decrepit that no one’s taken the reins. But we won’t be lucky forever. If Obama tried to seize dictatorial power he’d do so with the permission of half the country. I would bet my life on it.

I think that in the next decade the most salient political evolution won’t be towards the right or towards the left. It’s that politics will become corporeal again for a caste that has enjoyed keeping it in the realm of the theoretical. A lot of people who have had the comfort of treating politics as entertainment their whole lives will find it suddenly, unspeakably real. I think chaos is coming.

50 years from now the think pieces on how masses are being manipulated by social media and how it shaped the political landscape will be prolific.

29 minutes ago, nobody said:

50 years from now the think pieces on how masses are being manipulated by social media and how it shaped the political landscape will be prolific.

This.

And now the CDC is admitting they withheld information on the vaccine efficacy because they were concerned that people might see the vaccine as not effective....

Uhm. hey scientists.....if the data tells you its not working then.....IT'S NOT WORKING......

So they have purposely lied to us, compelled the vaccine, and continue to do so.

5 hours ago, Masshole said:

Freddie DeBoer with another great piece, although it is a gloomy forecast for our country's politics:   We Are Experiencing Definitional Collapse (substack.com).   As nutty as JustinCharge's civil war stuff is

you literally didnt red the thread.

I've posted a ton of stuff from respected scientists and universities and former big-time politicians have written regarding the threat of civil war.  You just ignored ALL of that and suggested this thread is about MY PERSONAL "nutty" civil war "stuff"

You are a focking troll.  GO fock off.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

you literally didnt red the thread.

I've posted a ton of stuff from respected scientists and universities and former big-time politicians have written regarding the threat of civil war.  You just ignored ALL of that and suggested this thread is about MY PERSONAL "nutty" civil war "stuff"

You are a focking troll.  GO fock off.

Easy there cowboy, think about switching to decaf.     It wasn't a shot at you, any talk of an actual civil war in the US in the 21st century is by definition at least a little bit "nutty".   It's a crazy thing to consider.   Sorry if that came across as a shot at you, wasn't meant that way.   I generally enjoy/appreciate your posts.      

37 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Easy there cowboy, think about switching to decaf.     It wasn't a shot at you, any talk of an actual civil war in the US in the 21st century is by definition at least a little bit "nutty".   It's a crazy thing to consider.   Sorry if that came across as a shot at you, wasn't meant that way.   I generally enjoy/appreciate your posts.      

Troll goes brr brr. 

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Troll goes brr brr. 

Beep boop beep boop liberal shame bit activated 00101011001011101

58 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Troll goes brr brr. 

Jebus dude.   OK, I got it.   I edited my post to say instead "The piece reinforces some of what Justincharge has been posting in this thread about this stuff."     We good now?   Like I said - It wasn't meant as a shot at you.   I may have poorly worded it but I also linked a piece that supports what this thread that you started is about.       

This will probably happen before Rustys and Cyclons Ukraine war.

The civil war scenario only works where Putin assists the republican side.  With Putin universally condemned by the senate as a war criminal, that is now taken off the board.  The republican side can no longer win a civil war.  The democrats have a victory here.  Unfortunately, it comes at the ultimate cost.  Putin and China still need to destroy liberalism across the globe.  That means the only option left is for Russia and China to fire nuclear weapons.  The civil war scenario is now replaced with the nuclear war scenario.  Likely it means the end of the human race.  Unfortunately, in the eyes of Russia and China, ending the human race is a VASTLY better fate than allowing liberalism to win, as liberalism spreading across the globe means children are raped and have their sexual organs mutilated.  The insane horrors and tortures of liberalism are so awful that it is better in their eyes to turn the Earth into a fireball.  As I say, think of them as the Branch Davidians with 6000 nukes.  Our sanctions against Putin belie a total misunderstanding of what they will do.

Its just a matter of time, but I think November or December 2022 is the most likely option for them to blow it up.

We somehow chose the worst possible future for the planet.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

The civil war scenario only works where Putin assists the republican side.  With Putin universally condemned by the senate as a war criminal, that is now taken off the board.  The republican side can no longer win a civil war.  The democrats have a victory here.  Unfortunately, it comes at the ultimate cost.  Putin and China still need to destroy liberalism across the globe.  That means the only option left is for Russia and China to fire nuclear weapons.  The civil war scenario is now replaced with the nuclear war scenario.  Likely it means the end of the human race.  Unfortunately, in the eyes of Russia and China, ending the human race is a VASTLY better fate than allowing liberalism to win, as liberalism spreading across the globe means children are raped and have their sexual organs mutilated.  The insane horrors and tortures of liberalism are so awful that it is better in their eyes to turn the Earth into a fireball.  As I say, think of them as the Branch Davidians with 6000 nukes.  Our sanctions against Putin belie a total misunderstanding of what they will do.

Its just a matter of time, but I think November or December 2022 is the most likely option for them to blow it up.

We somehow chose the worst possible future for the planet.

Such a tragedy. Here I was, holding out hope that the Russians would do to us what they are doing to the Ukrainians, then pick up and leave when they're done. Now I have to worry about nuclear Armageddon.

New Jersey to require second graders to learn about gender identity starting this fall.  At some point this has to stop.  

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

New Jersey to require second graders to learn about gender identity starting this fall.  At some point this has to stop.  

Dang. 

New Jersey Sophomores in public schools will receive a lesson on gender identity this fall in accordance with state guidelines on sex education that go into effect in September.

According to the standards, New Jersey students should, by the end of second grade, understand the “core ideas” that “all people should feel welcome and included, regardless of gender, expression of gender or their sexual orientation.

Additionally, the standards listed “performance expectations” for second graders, which includes discussing “the range of ways people express their gender and how gender role stereotypes can limit behavior.” .

Garden State educators are preparing to implement the teaching standards, which were established in 2020 but are not due to be enacted until September 2022.

A state school district has handed out sample lesson plans that say first-graders could learn that they can have “boy parts” but “feel like” a girl.

It’s second graders, not sophomores. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s second graders, not sophomores. 

I think they are calling second graders sophomores on purpose to deceive or something.

According to the standards, New Jersey students should, by the end of second grade

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

21 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Dang. 

New Jersey Sophomores in public schools will receive a lesson on gender identity this fall in accordance with state guidelines on sex education that go into effect in September.

According to the standards, New Jersey students should, by the end of second grade, understand the “core ideas” that “all people should feel welcome and included, regardless of gender, expression of gender or their sexual orientation.

Additionally, the standards listed “performance expectations” for second graders, which includes discussing “the range of ways people express their gender and how gender role stereotypes can limit behavior.” .

Garden State educators are preparing to implement the teaching standards, which were established in 2020 but are not due to be enacted until September 2022.

A state school district has handed out sample lesson plans that say first-graders could learn that they can have “boy parts” but “feel like” a girl.

Most of our lives, speaking as a 50 y/o, there hasn't been terribly much differences from one state to the next, conservative states from liberal one. I think now there's a chasm.

I would love to tell New Jersey to fock off and protect it's kids but this is what New Jersey voters want, they love this stuff, so it'd be hell. Further, that presents a problem. If this battle is fought at the national level, decency and morality may not win. New Jersey may well wi. If they do, they'll dictate to the rest of the country what to do. Half the country are leftoids for some mindblowingly mysterious reason. They love this stuff. Do we dare risk that?

If the nation is going to stay together, we're going to have to have different states go very different ways. New Jersey is deep blue, let it go, let them do what they want, and let them serve as a warning to everyone else. The battle ought not to be to tell New Jersey and their dipsh*t amoral voters what to do. The risk to decent America is too great. It's easier and safer to cut bait on New Jersey and keep New Jersey morality out of the rest of the country. Let states go their own way on handling these things. Proetct where you live from leftoids.

• Thanks 1

"It will start by the end of the year. I am sure of it." - JustinTinfoilhat. 

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Most of our lives, speaking as a 50 y/o, there hasn't been terribly much differences from one state to the next, conservative states from liberal one. I think now there's a chasm.

I would love to tell New Jersey to fock off and protect it's kids but this is what New Jersey voters want, they love this stuff, so it'd be hell. Further, that presents a problem. If this battle is fought at the national level, decency and morality may not win. New Jersey may well wi. If they do, they'll dictate to the rest of the country what to do. Half the country are leftoids for some mindblowingly mysterious reason. They love this stuff. Do we dare risk that?

If the nation is going to stay together, we're going to have to have different states go very different ways. New Jersey is deep blue, let it go, let them do what they want, and let them serve as a warning to everyone else. The battle ought not to be to tell New Jersey and their dipsh*t amoral voters what to do. The risk to decent America is too great. It's easier and safer to cut bait on New Jersey and keep New Jersey morality out of the rest of the country. Let states go their own way on handling these things. Proetct where you live from leftoids.

I'm ok with this because I believe in Darwinism - survival of the fittest.  If the state wants to create an environment where the weak minded join a group that have a 40% suicide rate, then I'm ok with it.  Let the number increase.  It'll limit the number of the weak (a.k.a - liberals).

The Governor of NJ barely won his re-election last fall. He never pulls this before that. Peole have to wake up and realize that the left cannot, under any circumstances, be trusted anymore. They get power and push and push.  The Democratic Party needs a hard reset. You just can’t vote for any of them until they do. I understand not voting for a Republican,  but you can’t vote for this garbage. Sit it out. 

There will be no civil war.  If the right does it it will be an insurrection, and if the left does it it will be justified.  Know what’s so funny? If Texas says they want out of the US the left would go nuts. If California said they wanted out the right would say OK, Bye. 

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There will be no civil war.  If the right does it it will be an insurrection, and if the left does it it will be justified.  Know what’s so funny? If Texas says they want out of the US the left would go nuts. If California said they wanted out the right would say OK, Bye. 

I don't think either state would be going anywhere.  The economic impact would be too large.

28 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don't think either state would be going anywhere.  The economic impact would be too large.

I’m willing to experiment with California going it alone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Governor of NJ barely won his re-election last fall. He never pulls this before that. Peole have to wake up and realize that the left cannot, under any circumstances, be trusted anymore. They get power and push and push.  The Democratic Party needs a hard reset. You just can’t vote for any of them until they do. I understand not voting for a Republican,  but you can’t vote for this garbage. Sit it out. 

The left say they same about the right. Same BS, different day. 

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The left would be wrong.

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Another hot take from one of our centrists. And why are you looking up posts of mine from months ago? What were you looking for? It wasn’t this.  

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

The left would be wrong.

Yes, I know. The left is always wrong and the right is always right.  How are you different than the guys on FBG?  You’re just as biased. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Another hot take from one of our centrists. And why are you looking up posts of mine from months ago? What were you looking for? It wasn’t this.  

I don’t like to say bad things about people but you are dumb. How do you not see that I’m not favoring the left or the right. You both complain about each other and thing you are in the right. It’s why you never get anywhere. 

As for looking up old posts, all I did was read what was on this page. I didn’t look at the date. As far as I knew you made that post yesterday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don’t like to say bad things about people but you are dumb. How do you not see that I’m not favoring the left or the right. You both complain about each other and thing you are in the right. It’s why you never get anywhere. 

As for looking up old posts, all I did was read what was on this page. I didn’t look at the date. As far as I knew you made that post yesterday. 

One of these days maybe you’ll say something interesting enough to be quoted. But I doubt it. Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

One of these dates maybe you’ll say something interesting enough to be quoted. But I doubt it. Carry on. 

🤔 

Hopefully we will all be boosted so we are safe from COVID-19 while killing each other 

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes, I know. The left is always wrong and the right is always right.  How are you different than the guys on FBG?  You’re just as biased. 

What do you think? I'm saying the left is wrong. What is your stance? And I don't know what FBG is. So that doesn't matter.

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

What do you think? I'm saying the left is wrong. What is your stance? And I don't know what FBG is. So that doesn't matter.

I’m saying both the left and right think they are absolutely right and the other is wrong. You’re the same. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m saying both the left and right think they are absolutely right and the other is wrong. You’re the same. 

So if one person thinks 1+5 = 9

And the other side thinks 1+ 5 = 6.

They are both wrong?

You may just want to get to the point.