JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I’m sure that’s true for the most part. One of the gals in our accounting department was crying the week of Thanksgiving. She told me her sister just got done telling her not to come over for Thanksgiving or Christmas because she voted for Trump. Sister still won’t answer calls or texts.

Another coworker had a bunch of neighbors over for a fish fry back in September. One of the neighbors hates Trump. He walks up to my coworker and asks who he’s voting for. Coworker says he’s not talking politics. They’re getting together to enjoy a fish fry and each other’s company. Guy says, that’s all I needed to hear. Fock Trump and fock you. Week later he asks my coworker and his son for some help getting his dock in. Coworker says, I’ll help you, but under 1 condition...”We’re not talking politics anymore. Let’s just be good neighbors.” Guy says the same thing. Fock Trump and fock you. Coworker didn’t help with the dock. :lol:

I have supporters of each party within my family. We can all get together and hang out just fine. We don’t talk politics.

Those people have bigger issues if that's how they act.

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

He walks up to my coworker and asks who he’s voting for. Coworker says he’s not talking politics. They’re getting together to enjoy a fish fry and each other’s company.

Do you work with TRF by any chance?

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Those people have bigger issues if that's how they act.

I know. And the guy who is dropping f-bombs is a retired teacher...as is his wife. The wife didn’t drop an f-bomb, but she waved her middle finger at my coworker as she walked out.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/7/russian-officials-say-us-democracy-limping-after-capitol-riot

Russia has released comments regarding the US Capitol protest.  They seem to blame a broken election system and a media that has become totally political.

High-ranking Russian politicians have suggested an “archaic” United States electoral system that does not meet democratic standards, and the politicisation of the media, were to blame for the unrest in Washington, DC and divisions in the country.

Foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Thursday that the storming of the US Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump a day earlier was “an internal US affair”, but that the country’s political set-up was to blame.

“The electoral system in the United States is archaic, it does not meet modern democratic standards, creating opportunities for numerous violations, and the American media have become an instrument of political struggle,” Zakharova told Russian news agencies.

https://www.ft.com/content/7292597b-209f-4c57-96cf-c2e5bcef8f6a

China compared the Capitol protest to the Hong Kong protests.

A Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman likened the US unrest to the 2019 pro-democracy protests Hong Kong and the incident in July of that year, when protesters broke into and vandalized the territory's Legislative Council. "When similar things happened in Hong Kong, some Americans and US media acted differently." said Hua Chunying.

Russia also seems to suggest that Trump should start a 3rd party now.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/511806-capitol-riot-trump-future/

President Trump is being vilified for events in Washington yesterday and his future is unclear. But with a massive base of followers to call on, he can still play a hugely influential role in US politics – if he wants to.

At a rally organized by Women for America First, the Eighty Percent Coalition, and Stop the Steal, President Trump delivered a typically provocative speech before an estimated crowd of 250,000 people.

Meanwhile, pro-Trump crowds marched on state capitols across the country.

Dismissed and lied to by the media, disdained by the political class, censored and subjected to propaganda on social media, and mocked by the intelligentsia, many Trump supporters felt they had nothing left to lose in terms of reputation. Several hundred put everything on the line for the cause. 

The double standard that these Trump supporters labor under will now be redoubled. Their violence has been deemed inexplicable and contemptible, while leftist violence was ignored or excused for the better part of a year.

Trump will now be blamed for and tainted with the events of January 6. Calls for his removal from office before January 20 under Article 25 of the Constitution are already being voiced. Likely, Democratic leaders will argue that he should be tried for treason after he leaves office.

This means that the Trump era is either over, or that it will take a dramatically different form. Trump will either start his own party and attempt to build on his ‘deplorable’ base, or otherwise fade into political oblivion. The mainstream media will consign him to the hall of infamy. For Trumplicans, Trump will remain an American hero of the first order.

What becomes of Trump populism remains unclear at this point. But it doesn’t look as if the Trump-inspired base is going to lie down any time soon.

Today's internal struggle on the right between "following the rules" and "doing whatever it takes to win" actually was going on among the colonists in the 1770s.  George Washington played both sides in the lead up to the American Revolution.  Washington himself condemned the Boston Tea Party, but later on broke many rules of war himself with guerrilla warfare tactics. 

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/george-washington-facts

Although he supported the sentiment that gave rise to the Boston Tea Party, Washington condemned the act. In 1774, Washington wrote that the cause of Boston was the same as that of America, but he also strongly voiced his disapproval of the event. Like many elites, Washington held that private property rights were paramount, so he viewed the action of the rebels as an act of vandalism rather than a patriotic statement. Washington believed that those involved should compensate the British East India Company for the damages they caused.

If Washington was alive today, he'd probably condemn the US Capitol protest but the second any of them got punished for it, he was be a keen critic of the sentences handed down as being unfair or harsh.  Then if his side won a war against the left, Washington would later praise the US Capitol protest as a key patriotic event.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Russia also seems to suggest that Trump should start a 3rd party now.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/511806-capitol-riot-trump-future/

President Trump is being vilified for events in Washington yesterday and his future is unclear. But with a massive base of followers to call on, he can still play a hugely influential role in US politics – if he wants to.

At a rally organized by Women for America First, the Eighty Percent Coalition, and Stop the Steal, President Trump delivered a typically provocative speech before an estimated crowd of 250,000 people.

Meanwhile, pro-Trump crowds marched on state capitols across the country.

Dismissed and lied to by the media, disdained by the political class, censored and subjected to propaganda on social media, and mocked by the intelligentsia, many Trump supporters felt they had nothing left to lose in terms of reputation. Several hundred put everything on the line for the cause. 

The double standard that these Trump supporters labor under will now be redoubled. Their violence has been deemed inexplicable and contemptible, while leftist violence was ignored or excused for the better part of a year.

Trump will now be blamed for and tainted with the events of January 6. Calls for his removal from office before January 20 under Article 25 of the Constitution are already being voiced. Likely, Democratic leaders will argue that he should be tried for treason after he leaves office.

This means that the Trump era is either over, or that it will take a dramatically different form. Trump will either start his own party and attempt to build on his ‘deplorable’ base, or otherwise fade into political oblivion. The mainstream media will consign him to the hall of infamy. For Trumplicans, Trump will remain an American hero of the first order.

What becomes of Trump populism remains unclear at this point. But it doesn’t look as if the Trump-inspired base is going to lie down any time soon.

in reading this, was there any point where you thought maybe there is something to Trump and Russia.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

in reading this, was there any point where you thought maybe there is something to Trump and Russia.

I have always maintained that Trump and Putin are working together.  I think its really obvious.  I think if civil war breaks out, Putin is gonna send a shitload of troops into the US to assist him.  The way you win a civil war is get foreign help.  Trump has been ready for this for a long, long time.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I have always maintained that Trump and Putin are working together.  I think its really obvious.  I think if civil war breaks out, Putin is gonna send a shitload of troops into the US to assist him.  The way you win a civil war is get foreign help.  Trump has been ready for this for a long, long time.

so, you must believe he should be charged with Treason

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

🍿

19 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Only if he loses the civil war.  But he won't.  Do you think George Washington was a traitor?  Do you think to yourself "yes he won the war, but he rebelled against the King, so hang him".

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Only if he loses the civil war.  But he won't.  Do you think George Washington was a traitor?  Do you think to yourself "yes he won the war, but he rebelled against the King, so hang him".

So Trump is gonna overthrow the govt or form a new govt separate from the old US?

34 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

there is too much dumb here to address

51 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Hey man, Trump has about two weeks to get it done. You know that, right? 

I have to hope that there is a way to dial this all back a few notches.

I have no idea how it can happen.

I might suggest it start with a little more tolerance from both the leftists and the right wingers, and that the political leaders show the way.

that means ending the rhetoric of violence that started with the leftists

we have to stop antagonizing each other and viewing those who disagree as evil 

4 hours ago, Gladiators said:

I’m sure that’s true for the most part. One of the gals in our accounting department was crying the week of Thanksgiving. She told me her sister just got done telling her not to come over for Thanksgiving or Christmas because she voted for Trump. Sister still won’t answer calls or texts.

Another coworker had a bunch of neighbors over for a fish fry back in September. One of the neighbors hates Trump. He walks up to my coworker and asks who he’s voting for. Coworker says he’s not talking politics. They’re getting together to enjoy a fish fry and each other’s company. Guy says, that’s all I needed to hear. Fock Trump and fock you. Week later he asks my coworker and his son for some help getting his dock in. Coworker says, I’ll help you, but under 1 condition...”We’re not talking politics anymore. Let’s just be good neighbors.” Guy says the same thing. Fock Trump and fock you. Coworker didn’t help with the dock. :lol:

I have supporters of each party within my family. We can all get together and hang out just fine. We don’t talk politics.

Why are people so childish...my golfin buddy is a trump hater total lib.  We have a blast sending memes about each others candidates to each other.  Still play golf and are friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

So Trump is gonna overthrow the govt or form a new govt separate from the old US?

Id join it.. can be like trumpland...whats that show on amazon where usa is split into a german side and japanese side?

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Why are people so childish...my golfin buddy is a trump hater total lib.  We have a blast sending memes about each others candidates to each other.  Still play golf and are friends.

Same here. I laugh at most of the Trump stuff they send me and they laugh at most of the Biden/Harris stuff I send them.

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This.

I posted similar earlier in the thread, most people are friends/family with the other side and politics is no big deal in the relationship.

43 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have to hope that there is a way to dial this all back a few notches.

I have no idea how it can happen.

I might suggest it start with a little more tolerance from both the leftists and the right wingers, and that the political leaders show the way.

that means ending the rhetoric of violence that started with the leftists

we have to stop antagonizing each other and viewing those who disagree as evil 

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The great divide we see is driven by social media, media and politicians. All of them profit/benefit from division. On the ground, in communities, you don't see the division that we are all so hung up on. If my neighbor's house burned down, I'm certainly not going to determine how much I help them out based on whether or not they had a Trump sign in their yard last fall. 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

The great divide we see is driven by social media, media and politicians. All of them profit/benefit from division. On the ground, in communities, you don't see the division that we are all so hung up on. If my neighbor's house burned down, I'm certainly not going to determine how much I help them out based on whether or not they had a Trump sign in their yard last fall. 

my full on righty neighbor stopped by today to check up on our dog that just got spayed.  we talked for about an hour about yesterdays events like normal civil people.  she might come back over for dinner..we are having a pork wellington that she made for us.  

Russia has now shifted to attacking the US mainstream press over a tweet where a journalist called for "cleansing" of Trump supporters, likening it to a comment Hitler would make.  It was also tied to AOC calling for lists of Trump supporters.

https://www.rt.com/usa/511859-abc-cleansing-trump-movement/

Mainstream journalist sets off alarm bells as he calls for ‘cleansing’ of Trump supporters

7 Jan, 2021 22:16

In a now-deleted tweet, ABC News reporter said “cleansing” the “movement Trump commands” is the true challenge going forward, leading many to wonder what exactly liberals may mean by that.

“Trump will be an ex-president in 13 days. The fact is that getting rid of Trump is the easy part. Cleansing the movement he commands is going to be something
else,” Klein tweeted on Thursday, linking to a story claiming the US Capitol breach on Wednesday exposed “threats [that] will outlast” the president. The piece went on to call for “justice” against “those involved in an insurrection.”

Klein also doubled down on the comments, writing, “Cleansing the movement he commands, or getting rid of what he represents to so many Americans, is going to be something else.”

His comment caught the eye of many conservatives on social media and got his tweet trending, with some going so far as to compare the thinking to Nazism.

Klein did not specify a specific plan for “cleansing” a movement, but it may be a bit difficult since Trump won over 74 million votes in the 2020 presidential election. That’s the second most votes in history after Joe Biden’s 81-plus million, much of which Trump continues to chalk up to voter fraud.

Klein was not interested in defending the thinking behind his tweet either, as he quickly scrubbed it from his page as more and more pushed back against him.

The ABC reporter's sentiment about the Trump movement has been echoed in various forms by other pundits or organizations. Lawmakers such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-New York) and celebrities such as actress Debra Messing have floated the idea of making 'lists' of the president's supporters.

You're a fuking FSB agent aren't you? Working in some troll farm in Eastern Europe, right? Trying to foment civil war one FF message board at a time. 

Linking Russia Today to prove how close to unraveling the US is? GTFO. This is some twisted sh!t, even for you. Has your boner gone down from yesterday yet? Did you get a few bonus rubles to stuff in your брюки?

Just now, Fnord said:

You're a fuking FSB agent aren't you? Working in some troll farm in Eastern Europe, right? Trying to foment civil war one FF message board at a time. 

Linking Russia Today to prove how close to unraveling the US is? GTFO. This is some twisted sh!t, even for you. Has your boner gone down from yesterday yet? Did you get a few bonus rubles to stuff in your брюки?

The democrats are trying to forment civil war by seeking to remove trump from office and seeking to destroy the lives of everyone associated with him.

10 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The democrats are trying to forment civil war by seeking to remove trump from office and seeking to destroy the lives of everyone associated with him.

Trump lost the election. That’s it. It’s over. Trump has conceded. It’s time to move on and mock Biden for however long he can stay coherent in office. 

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The voters have removed Clownzo from office, and he actively tries to destroy the lives of those associated with him. Please update your wackadoodle spreadsheet. Also, it's foment. See a psychiatrist. Do not pass go. Do not collect $600. 

15 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I believe the headquarters are called FancyBear. Not even kidding with that, either. 😀

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

I believe the headquarters are called FancyBear. Not even kidding with that, either. 😀

Bears are not fancy.

Rush Limbaugh returned to the airwaves today and since the liberals on this forum go nuts when he is mentioned, I felt obligated to offer up his thoughts on what is going on.

The gist of what he says us "This is what it looks like when you take on the establishment".  Here are excerpts:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2021/01/07/i-warned-you-about-what-were-living-through-today/

But I want to take you back to October 10th, 2016. This is before the election in 2016. This is before Donald Trump stunned the world in 2016. And the reason I want to play the sound bite for you is that I warned everybody of the very real possibility of what we are living through today. And can I tell you what we’re living through today?

Let me just give it to you in one short sentence fragment. One wrong word, dot-dot-dot. The listening devices are out there. People monitoring this program and others, they’re out there, and they’re waiting for just one wrong word. That’s how precariously balanced we all are here.

RUSH ARCHIVE: The establishment, with everything they are invested in the establishment, remaining the establishment and in power, they are just not gonna sit back and trust this to your votes. They’re not gonna trust this to an election, to a campaign. Not gonna trust it at all. They’re gonna do everything they can to destroy whoever it is that wants to take control from them. And, in the process, they’re gonna destroy that person so as to send a message to the next guy, “Don’t even think about it. Don’t even try. Look what we did to Donald Trump.” “Look what we did to whoever,” is the message.

they want a scalp. They want somebody buried. They want a coffin, folks. They want a political coffin. There’s none of this Richard Nixon stuff, let’s put him on Air Force One, send him out to San Lewis Obispo, San Clemente or whatever. There’s none of this George W. Bush send him down to Dallas and let’s just pretend it never happened. They want a political coffin.

Here’s what Hank Johnson said in reaction to that claim: We don’t want to be nice. We don’t want to move forward. We want blood.

JOHNSON: We’ve got to make sure that those who come after Donald Trump know that they will not be allowed to get away with what Donald Trump did, that they will be held accountable. They will be treated, yes, like Negroes. They will be perp walked to the jail — hands handcuffed, not in front of them, but behind them — and they will be booked, fingerprinted, have to make bond, and have to hire a lawyer just like everybody else and go through the system. If we allow him to get away with it, there will be others who try to do the same thing, and we don’t even want them to think about trying to do what Trump has done.

RUSH: There you go. So three weeks before the election, I essentially predicted exactly what’s happened yesterday and today to Donald Trump, to you who voted for him. Hank Johnson comes along on Monday and confirms it.

The voices of dissent will be silenced on Facebook and Twitter — including Donald Trump, including you. The voices of dissent will be dealt with accordingly.

RUSH: We live and work today treading and walking a minefield, folks. One wrong word.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

The voters have removed Clownzo from office, and he actively tries to destroy the lives of those associated with him. Please update your wackadoodle spreadsheet. Also, it's foment. See a psychiatrist. Do not pass go. Do not collect $600. 

Says the cat lady....:lol:

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Trump lost the election. That’s it. It’s over. Trump has conceded. It’s time to move on and mock Biden for however long he can stay coherent in office. 

There is no way in hell this nation is moving on from Trump.  If he is destroyed and jailed, he just becomes an eternal martyr.

20 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

There is no way in hell this nation is moving on from Trump.  If he is destroyed and jailed, he just becomes an eternal martyr.

Everyone goes through bad breakups but we learn to move on. You can do it too. 

Twitch removed the pogchamp emote because the person it was based on (Gootecks) tweeted a question asking if there will be civil unrest for the woman executed in the Capitol or will she die in vain.  This was interpreted as a call to violence by Twitch and they removed the emote in response.  That makes him a martyr for the cause, and the goal of storming the Capitol was to make martyrs.

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Twitch removed the pogchamp emote because the person it was based on (Gootecks) tweeted a question asking if there will be civil unrest for the woman executed in the Capitol or will she die in vain.  This was interpreted as a call to violence by Twitch and they removed the emote in response.  That makes him a martyr for the cause, and the goal of storming the Capitol was to make martyrs.

You were born without the common-sense chip that we had implanted in our kind at birth. Please report to The Zone immediately. This is an urgent order. Our future depends on it, Comrad. Code 5446bu65546. Tell no one.

3 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

You were born without the common-sense chip that we had implanted in our kind at birth. Please report to The Zone immediately. This is an urgent order. Our future depends on it, Comrad. Code 5446bu65546. Tell no one.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Jack and coke tonight?

Fun fact of the day.  41% of the public supports trumps actions with regard to the storming of the capitol, including over 60% of republicans.  I dont think a single person on this forum has supported it and not a single conservative in the media.