Sign in to follow this  
Biden tells Iowans that a lot of them probably don't know where Delaware is...

10 minutes ago, posty said:

Good old Joe...

And we wore an onion on our belt back then. Because that's the way we did things! 

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

He looks much, much older in that video than I remember him being. Not RBG old, but heading there. 

At least we know he's actually still alive. 

Former Vice President Joe Biden first ran for president in the 1988 election. Following a Democratic primary debate at the Iowa State Fair, it was reported that the then-Delaware senator plagiarized a speech made by Neil Kinnock, the British Labor Party leader.

The incident was recorded on video and circulated side-by-side with a commercial of Kinnock.

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Former Vice President Joe Biden first ran for president in the 1988 election. Following a Democratic primary debate at the Iowa State Fair, it was reported that the then-Delaware senator plagiarized a speech made by Neil Kinnock, the British Labor Party leader.

The incident was recorded on video and circulated side-by-side with a commercial of Kinnock.

I remember this as I was obsessed with the 1988 election as a teenager. Keep this on the downlow. It may be needed in the primary.

The OP is stupid of course but I am curious to see how Biden does tomorrow. Is he vigorous or does he look like a doddering old fool?

If the former he probably walks away with the nomination.

Biden is plain oatmeal laced with sh*t while the next six Dems are gumdrops, cotton candy, and cheez whiz all laced with sh*t. 

Maybe not Buttgig, Ive not bothered to check in on him but rumor has it that he may be decent.

He told on himself.  Politicians think the electorate are idiots.

I'm in Iowa and I don't take much offense to it. Was just a lighthearted joke. And to be honest with you I really don't know anything about vermont. I know where it is but I can't say that I haven't mixed it up with New Hampshire almost every time.

But I couldn't tell you one thing Vermont does or produces.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm in Iowa and I don't take much offense to it. Was just a lighthearted joke. And to be honest with you I really don't know anything about vermont. I know where it is but I can't say that I haven't mixed it up with New Hampshire almost every time.

But I couldn't tell you one thing Vermont does or produces.

Your post is even better because Biden is talking about Delaware!

1 hour ago, nobody said:

He told on himself.  Politicians think the electorate are idiots.

If you handed a blank map of the US and asked the random passerby in anytown USA, a shockingly high percentage would not be able to identify Delaware. That's just a fact. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If you handed a blank map of the US and asked the random passerby in anytown USA, a shockingly high percentage would not be able to identify Delaware. That's just a fact. 

I was gonna say......... stroll on down to some of them southern Red states, ask them. Billy Joe Bob and his welfare buddies would be lucky to pegl Florida much less Delaware.

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I grew up 2 hours, maybe 3, from Delaware and I honestly can't recall ever going there.  I don't know why someone would go there.  We were kinda not rich so maybe they have nice beaches and resorts and I just don't know about them?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I grew up 2 hours, maybe 3, from Delaware and I honestly can't recall ever going there.  I don't know why someone would go there.  We were kinda not rich so maybe they have nice beaches and resorts and I just don't know about them?  :dunno:

Dewey and Rehobeth Beach are both nice. Otherwise Delaware’s claim to fame is tax free shopping. It’s a small flat boring state.

Lots of chicken farms in Delaware. And bank headquarters. 

9 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Your post is even better because Biden is talking about Delaware!

Lol.....see!!!?

8 hours ago, MDC said:

Dewey and Rehobeth Beach are both nice. Otherwise Delaware’s claim to fame is tax free shopping. It’s a small flat boring state.

When I think of Delaware I think of corporate tax friendliness, which is why so many public companies incorporate there.  You would think that a state so close to our nation's capital would figure out a way to provide tangible value.  :dunno: