Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Disney going full liberal retard: make Ariel black in Little Mermaid remake

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

At this point I assume whenever something gets remade the lead will always be Black. Gay. Female Or transgender. Hollywood and the left do as much as they can to make us believe that your average person cares about black gay or transgenders. Its simply not true. Most are at best apathetic to these.

 

 

Threads created the last few days show us how easy it is to launch a lot of middle aged white men into a panic about absolutely nothing. Exhibit A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

The worst example of forcing a black person into a movie is Idris Elba cast as Roland in The Dark Tower. It is clear as day that Roland is white in the books, since Detta referred to him as " honkey", and the books played up the interracial love affair.

I'll have to go with Troy Fall of a city. Zeus and aphrodite were black, as was aneas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s possible they gave a writer the rundown of the movie and described Ariel as a GINGER and that writer happened to be dyslexic. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won’t bother fact checking, but I saw someone tweet that Disney created 49 films before finally having the first black princess in 2009. I know since then their biggest hit was Frozen, which was obviously a couple more white princesses.

A remake with a black Ariel just doesn’t feel like a company going “full liberal retard” to me. You guys that react to ANY move towards diversity are as bad or worse than most on the other side. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

It’s possible they gave a writer the rundown of the movie and described Ariel as a GINGER and that writer happened to be dyslexic. 

Ha. This made me laugh :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

It’s possible they gave a writer the rundown of the movie and described Ariel as a GINGER and that writer happened to be dyslexic. 

:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal white women are not happy about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an article years ago about how black kids didnt have a lot  of back cartoon characters to watch and toys (specifically baby dolls) to play with. With Amazon, surely they can find toys now and media has made an effort to include them recently. Thats a good thing. Its not like white kids have a shortage of media and toys that represent them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I read an article years ago about how black kids didnt have a lot  of back cartoon characters to watch and toys (specifically baby dolls) to play with. With Amazon, surely they can find toys now and media has made an effort to include them recently. Thats a good thing. Its not like white kids have a shortage of media and toys that represent them.

Mermaids are a European mythology. It would be like making a show about African gods and casting a redhead white guy. It's just silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Mermaids are a European mythology. It would be like making a show about African gods and casting a redhead white guy. It's just silly. 

Dude, its a Disney movie. It doesnt need to be mythologically accurate. The target audience is 5 yr olds. I dont see anyone complaining about the lion king because lions cant really talk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

Dude, its a Disney movie. It doesnt need to be mythologically accurate. The target audience is 5 yr olds. I dont see anyone complaining about the lion king because lions cant really talk.

Yes. But there is no reason to do it other than to pander. They changed a longstanding universally recognized character for no good reason. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for them to remake Pocahontas as a black tranny.  What a celebration that will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yes. But there is no reason to do it other than to pander. They changed a longstanding universally recognized character for no good reason. 

Im looking at it from the PoV of a black kid that will get to enjoy a character that represents them. They can enjoy that and feel included. For a long time they didnt have that and Im glad Disney is making efforts to correct that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Im looking at it from the PoV of a black kid that will get to enjoy a character that represents them. They can enjoy that and feel included. For a long time they didnt have that and Im glad Disney is making efforts to correct that.

1. If you can't enjoy a character because it's a different color than you, that's the definition of racism no? 

2. Why not make a NEW character that is black? Maybe an actual African princess? Actually put elements of the culture in it? Like they did with pocahontas, Mulan, jasmine, moena, etc.? Rather than just black facing a focking mermaid that's been around for 30 years. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s just Hollywood being lazy.  You don’t change the race of already existing characters, that’s just dumb.  Here’s a novel idea.....make new and diverse characters (movies) instead.  

 

Example,  the last Spider-Man movie where in an alternate universe there was this young black kid as a “version” of Spider-Man was awesome.  But that movie took creativity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

1. If you can't enjoy a character because it's a different color than you, that's the definition of racism no? 

2. Why not make a NEW character that is black? Maybe an actual African princess? Actually put elements of the culture in it? Like they did with pocahontas, Mulan, jasmine, moena, etc.? Rather than just black facing a focking mermaid that's been around for 30 years. 

Hell, people on this message board were upset that Black Panther got made into a movie. People freaked out over Rogue One having a female hero. Now people are freaking out because Disney has its 2nd black princess ever. 

I get it. Right now, the far left is pushing extremely hard for “diversity” in any and all things. And because nobody likes to be told what to do, there is backlash against any diversity whatsoever. I just don’t think we are anywhere close to getting to that point where white people feel under represented the way a certain segment wants to make us believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

1. If you can't enjoy a character because it's a different color than you, that's the definition of racism no? 

2. Why not make a NEW character that is black? Maybe an actual African princess? Actually put elements of the culture in it? Like they did with pocahontas, Mulan, jasmine, moena, etc.? Rather than just black facing a focking mermaid that's been around for 30 years. 

1. I think its about inclusion, not about "not being able to enjoy white characters." I just dont see the harm in making a mermaid black.

2. I agree this would be a good way to go about it. But why not both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cbfalcon said:

Hell, people on this message board were upset that Black Panther got made into a movie. People freaked out over Rogue One having a female hero. Now people are freaking out because Disney has its 2nd black princess ever. 

I get it. Right now, the far left is pushing extremely hard for “diversity” in any and all things. And because nobody likes to be told what to do, there is backlash against any diversity whatsoever. I just don’t think we are anywhere close to getting to that point where white people feel under represented the way a certain segment wants to make us believe. 

1. I don't see anyone here freaking out. We just think it's silly. 

2. I agree. White people aren't under represented. The issue to me is that they are pushing a meaningless form of diversity. Color only. None of the cultural stuff.

If I were black, I'd think black Ariel was lame. Rip off some white character to pander to me?

Black panther was how it should be done. Make a Disney movie set in Africa. Have her talk to animals. What the fock ever. Just use an ounce of focking creativity and actually give a real black character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yes. But there is no reason to do it other than to pander. They changed a longstanding universally recognized character for no good reason. 

I assume the reason is monetary. As a parent of a 4 year old daughter she receives toys from 2-3 different franchises. Disney probably needed a second African American princess to capitalize on this. 

 

Like I responded to Kilroy I think the better choice would have been Asian or Hispanic, but I still think changing Ariel to a different race makes financial sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

1. I think its about inclusion, not about "not being able to enjoy white characters." I just dont see the harm in making a mermaid black.

2. I agree this would be a good way to go about it. But why not both?

Because simply removing white people does not make something diverse. Diversity isn't about the color of someone's skin. It's about different cultures, ways of thought, ways of speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I assume the reason is monetary. As a parent of a 4 year old daughter she receives toys from 2-3 different franchises. Disney probably needed a second African American princess to capitalize on this. 

 

Like I responded to Kilroy I think the better choice would have been Asian or Hispanic, but I still think changing Ariel to a different race makes financial sense.

I would think that the opposite is true, seeing as how the majority of the country, both in terms of race and especially in terms of money, are white.

And Asians don't give a fock about diversity. My students love Elsa. They think Mulan is stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 it's only fair. I read the other day that Jim Gaffigan is going to take the role of Chicken George in the remake of roots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

 it's only fair. I read the other day that Jim Gaffigan is going to take the role of Chicken George in the remake of roots.

The other day I was trying to think of who would be a good example of extreme whiteness.  I think you nailed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

It’s possible they gave a writer the rundown of the movie and described Ariel as a GINGER and that writer happened to be dyslexic. 

this might be the greatest of all-time

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Mermaids are a European mythology. It would be like making a show about African gods and casting a redhead white guy. It's just silly. 

So you think Cleopatra was white? Moses was European Christian? Do you believe any of the images of Jesus or Mary or God portrayed by Hollywood or the great art masters are true to life? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, peenie said:

So you think Cleopatra was white? Moses was European Christian? Do you believe any of the images of Jesus or Mary or God portrayed by Hollywood or the great art masters are true to life? 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

It’s possible they gave a writer the rundown of the movie and described Ariel as a GINGER and that writer happened to be dyslexic. 

I didn't find this funny AT ALL. I can't believe how many likes you got for this. This is about a young girl and this where your mind went? No one thinks this is inappropriate, just funny? Some of you are sick sad people. Ha, ha, ha, let's lynch some GINGERS for fun!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, peenie said:

I didn't find this funny AT ALL. I can't believe how many likes you got for this. This is about a young girl and this where your mind went? No one thinks this is inappropriate, just funny? Some of you are sick sad people. Ha, ha, ha, let's lynch some GINGERS for fun!

Better dead than red. :pointstosky:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is money to be made. I f you are smart, you latch on to this, people are always ripe for exploitation, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would really piss me off is a Back to the Future remake starring Reggie McFly. 😡

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People bltch and moan about the lack of new creativity in Hollywood, but there are only so many subjects to be written about or made into movies. I don't hear people complaining that books all write about similar subjects. 

You people act like the little Mermaid is some holy grail that must not be altered. It's a focking kids movie. They are going to make a ton of money off of a new release with a black lead. I don't blame them at all. I really do think people feel threatened very easily, and that's why they let things like this bother them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

People bltch and moan about the lack of new creativity in Hollywood, but there are only so many subjects to be written about or made into movies. I don't hear people complaining that books all write about similar subjects. 

You people act like the little Mermaid is some holy grail that must not be altered. It's a focking kids movie. They are going to make a ton of money off of a new release with a black lead. I don't blame them at all. I really do think people feel threatened very easily, and that's why they let things like this bother them. 

This.  Exploiting stupid people has been the hallmark of crafty businessmen and businesses for hundreds of year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see a problem with this.  Little girls of all races need to know they can grow up and be a mermaid.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don't see a problem with this.  Little girls of all races need to know they can grow up and be a mermaid.

😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kutulu said:

We need a spin off thread so I can post "Finding Leon" :mad:

That would be a fun twist on reality for sure....father trying to FIND his son...😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nobody said:

I don't see a problem with this.  Little girls of all races need to know they can grow up and be a mermaid.

Or a princess or a main character in a film or a person who finds love or a person who follows her own mind or a person that can fight or sing or swim or have friends or love animals or sacrifice for something they really want or see themselves as beautiful and desirable...

It was a movie that made me want to study genetics not my parents or friends. What did they know about genetics? It was a movie, a complete fantasy movie that peaked my interest in biology. 

Media has influence. So much so that you all believe you own mermaids! All cultures have that sort of creature not just European culture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kutulu said:

We need a spin off thread so I can post "Finding Leon" :mad:

I second this idea. 

The Jungle Bunny Book.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×