Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Recommend a TV Series on Netflix

Ratched is now available.  8 episode season 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Wife and I have been enjoying Vikings on Prime. Excellent show.

Yep

Amazon is kicking Netflix's ass right now.

Hannah, the boys, utopia, Jack Ryan, all better than anything on Netflix right now.

Witcher 2 comes out in December. If you haven't seen the first one, nows a good time.

I enjoyed the Queens gambit, but I don't think I would have if I wasn't a chess geek.

16 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Hannah, the boys, utopia, Jack Ryan, all better than anything on Netflix right now.

Witcher 2 comes out in December. If you haven't seen the first one, nows a good time.

I enjoyed the Queens gambit, but I don't think I would have if I wasn't a chess geek.

My hubs is a chess geek and he’s loving it 

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Anybody watch carnival row on prime? I'm digging it.

Yes, we watched it when it came out a while ago. Pretty good. 

Though, I kind of find Cara Delevigne annoying as fock. 

Wiffleball PM’d me that Cuties was great. Lots of hotties. 

We watched Wayne on Prime recently and were entertained for the most part.  I guess it’s an action/comedy series. 

Fargo on FX is currently running too. This season hasn’t been as good as those prior, but it’s decent.  

There really aren’t many good shows to choose from right now.  

If it weren’t for the NFL, I would barely watch tv.  Looks like I’ll be forced to watch regular season NBA games after the Super Bowl.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

We watched Wayne on Prime recently and were entertained for the most part.  I guess it’s an action/comedy series. 

Fargo on FX is currently running too. This season hasn’t been as good as those prior, but it’s decent.  

There really aren’t many good shows to choose from right now.  

If it weren’t for the NFL, I would barely watch tv.  Looks like I’ll be forced to watch regular season NBA games after the Super Bowl.  

I’m enjoying Fargo but Chris Rock is not good. They killed the best actor, Doctor Senator, way too soon. 

Amazon Prime, Get Shorty, the series not the movie, three seasons available

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m enjoying Fargo but Chris Rock is not good. They killed the best actor, Doctor Senator, way too soon. 

Yeah. That’s part of the problem.  I just don’t buy him or Shwartzman as gangsters.  

Just now, vuduchile said:

Yeah. That’s part of the problem.  I just don’t buy him or Shwartzman as gangsters.  

Right. Shame, because it’s a really good plot. The Italian brother sucks too. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:57 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I know how to play chess, the basics at least, so I am in no way a chess geek. I still really enjoy the show so far.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:57 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

False advertising. I am seeing August 2021 for Witcher.

My wife and I started watching the newest season of 60 Days In. Crazy that they let civilians go into the jail system to gather intel. We will most likely watch the previous 4 seasons now. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I know how to play chess, the basics at least, so I am in no way a chess geek. I still really enjoy the show so far.

Same, great show.

Saw an episode of the boys today. Really liked it. Guess I'm going to watch more of that.

The dude that got half his face blown off in Better Call Saul was in this episode of the boys. And then he showed up in the Mandalorian right after that.

The Liberator, 4 episode mini series about WWII. It's animated, but done with "Trioscope Enhanced Hybrid Animation, a technique that blends live-action actors with CGI" and is "based on the book The Liberator: One World War II Soldier’s 500-Day Odyssey by Alex Kershaw". It's not great but pretty good imo if you're into World War Two. I generally don't like watching cartoons but was ok with this show, pretty life like for the most part.

Undercover - I'm halfway through season one of two.  It's subtitled which I will only watch it if I'm really digging the show, have probably watched give or six shows/ movies total that were subtitled. So far really liking it. By the name you can tell what it's about. Set in Germany and a few other parts of Europe. There's a little English sprinkled in so that's nice.

Trial 4 

A documentary detailing the 1993 shooting of a Boston police detective - and one of the accused, Sean Ellis. This is a great watch, riveting and quite engaging.... It digs into the corruption plaguing the BPD back then, and the divide this case brought to a city. 

Whether or not Sean Ellis was guilty, you'll have to decide for yourself. I personally think he got railroaded, was innocent. Det. Mulligan was dirty, and some element of that life got him killed... But who knows, just an opinion. (1season, 8 episodes)

Lupin, it's in French but there is English dubbing but I prefer the subtitles.  Five episodes about a master thief/revenge story.  Season 2 is suppose to come out sometime later this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kutulu said:

Lupin, it's in French but there is English dubbing but I prefer the subtitles.  Five episodes about a master thief/revenge story.  Season 2 is suppose to come out sometime later this year. 

I mentioned this to my wife.  Her response was "so is the French version of Money Heist?" 

We both enjoyed Money Heist, btw, but wondering if it's at all similar and therefore not worth the time. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I mentioned this to my wife.  Her response was "so is the French version of Money Heist?" 

We both enjoyed Money Heist, btw, but wondering if it's at all similar and therefore not worth the time. 

Not sure haven't watched money heist

4 minutes ago, frank said:

No shlt. 

Lines like this is why I nominated you for GOTY!!

14 minutes ago, frank said:

No shlt. 

Try some exlax Holmes 

25 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Not sure haven't watched money heist

All important question:  are there any French tittays?  Ooh la la. :banana:

2 hours ago, kutulu said:

34 minutes ago, DonS said:

I am a money heist fan.  Will que it up

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

All important question:  are there any French tittays?  Ooh la la. :banana:

Bordertown

Dubbed but if you like dark crime dramas...damn...this is dark.  Those Icelanders or Norwegians have warped minds.  Nothing American TV can come up with

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Bordertown

Dubbed but if you like dark crime dramas...damn...this is dark.  Those Icelanders or Norwegians have warped minds.  Nothing American TV can come up with

Thanks for the (just the) tip.  Will check it out.  My wife and I have been enjoying Drizzay's recommendation of Hinterland.

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Bordertown

Watched the first episode.  Those zany Finnish!  Does look like it will be a good series. :thumbsup: