Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Lamar Miller carted off

We are drafting right now and one of the guys literally drafted him not 5 minutes before he got carted off 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I've been targeting Duke, this will eliminate the late-round possibility.  🤬

While Duke is a good pass catching back, he's not a run between the tackles back.  I suspect if Miller is out, Houston will be looking at some cuts.  It is rumored the Shady McCoy might not make the final cuts in Buffalo.  If cut (and he saves Buffalo significant money), he'd make an interesting option for Houston.

• Thanks 1

Drafted Duke late sooo My ears perked up but we will see if he makes a flex for me. 

Matthew Betz, Fantasy PT's injury guy tweeted out this:

MCL injury with potential for ACL tear. MRI coming tomorrow. Best case scenario: grade 2 MCL injury and out 4 weeks Worst case scenario: ACL tear and out for the year

He’s most likely done, tough break. Duke gains some value but I’d think they bring someone in like Gordon or Hyde.

13 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

He’s most likely done, tough break. Duke gains some value but I’d think they bring someone in like Gordon or Hyde.

I read someone mentioning that they'll watch Philadelphia's cuts, possibly Josh Adams or Donnel Pumphrey or Baltimore's cuts of Kenneth Dixon or Gus Edwards.  Also, don't rule out Carlos Hyde or Shady McCoy ending up with the Texans.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Of course.....Lamar was one of my zero rb guys. Awesome. 

If Darwin Thompson is available from KC, pick him up.  He was the 2nd RB in the game after Damian Williams.

2 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

If Darwin Thompson is available from KC, pick him up.  He was the 2nd RB in the game after Damian Williams.

They gotta keep Hyde healthy for a trade..lol

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

While Duke is a good pass catching back, he's not a run between the tackles back.  I suspect if Miller is out, Houston will be looking at some cuts.  It is rumored the Shady McCoy might not make the final cuts in Buffalo.  If cut (and he saves Buffalo significant money), he'd make an interesting option for Houston.

Why McCoy? Dudes washed up

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Why McCoy? Dudes washed up

LeSean McCoy rushed six times for 37 yards in Buffalo's third preseason game against the Lions.

McCoy looked spry as ever, showing explosiveness in avoiding tackles in both the second and third levels. He also played 14 snaps to Frank Gore's nine with the first-string offense, though this situation is clearly heading for a down-the-middle timeshare. There's still questions surrounding McCoy's spot on the roster post-final cuts, making him a late-round flier as opposed to a locked-in mid-round FLEX. He finishes the preseason with 10/43/1 rushing.

Shady's gotten rave reviews in camp, looking as healthy as ever.  So, he doesn't appear washed up just yet.  If he's cut, Houston could sign him to a low-cost deal.

• Thanks 1

I draft tomorrow, a late round speculation on who they get, could be gold. I think one of the Ravens backs will be cut, but the same with the Bills. Any other teams ?

Chiefs should trade them a rb

As a Duke owner I'd rather go with this :D

Adam Levitan

Not sure why it's assumed Duke Johnson can't handle a featured role. * 210 pounds * Averaged 18.4 carries over final two NCAA seasons * HOU gave a 3rd-rd pick for him * Never missed an NFL game in four seasons

4:57 PM - 24 Aug 2019

9 minutes ago, snatchit said:

If that's the case... what id his ADP now ? 

First Rounder!

• Haha 1

That sucks!

If I was Houston I would target the Ravens in a possible trade for a RB, they are overstocked with decent backs {Engram-Edwards-Dixon-Hill}..Engram , Edwards and Hill look locked in Baltimore, leaving Dixon who has size, speed and 5.6 yd average plus talented  maybe on the market...I think he would have no problem starting on a few teams.....

4 hours ago, snatchit said:

If that's the case... what id his ADP now ? 

A round or two after where Lamar was going.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:48 PM, FantasyRetard said:

Why would Houston trade when they could just sign them for less money?

Because they don't have waiver priority

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Because they don't have waiver priority

In the case of Shady, why would they want to pay his contract (like 9 million, I think) when they can sign him for considerably less?  

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

What’s the depth chart look like?   

Is Foreman still there?

Were you listening to the Dude’s story?

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:37 PM, American Chewy said:

wasn't duke's issue with concussions?

No.  His issue was consistent turnover at coaching positions in Cleveland.  When they drafted him, I thought he would become their lead back.  He did in college and did it in spectacular fashion.  People assume he's a small running back.  He's not.  He ran up the middle in college and has even done so in Cleveland, when called upon.  He simply got drafted into a really bad situation and was stuck there.  I'm not saying he's going to be great, but the guy can run with the football just as well as he can receive.  I have no doubts that even if they bring someone in, they will still utilize him enough to make him a Flex option on a regular basis. 

Hmm.  Im pretty sure hes been through concussion protocol a few times but didnt miss any games.  There was some thought they were gonna be careful with his usage so he didnt get another.  This was a few yrs ago.  Probably not relevant now.