Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

UPDATE: Antonio Brown Suspended? - Will Play Wk1- Released - Signs W/ NE!

So he took my advice and is trying to smooth it over, smart. Lol he called Mayock a cracker! Imagine if Mayock called him a N——! 

• Like 2

If all these reports are true, and AB called his GM a cracker, and after just an apology they reverse course and play him, then this season is over for them, if they even had a chance at all. You have to take a stand for something that egregious or why would the locker room ever respect the GM?

His agent finally explained his contract to him. 

By the way.  It reads like a zero tolerance contract.  How did AB not know this?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If all these reports are true, and AB called his GM a cracker, and after just an apology they reverse course and play him, then this season is over for them, if they even had a chance at all. You have to take a stand for something that egregious or why would the locker room ever respect the GM?

Tensions can blow over, people can say things. I think they just want to get to football and focus on that. It will be funny seeing how AB reacts when he’s not in Kansas anymore Toto and he has some bad games or they lose. The clown show is far from over I’d say.

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Tensions can blow over, people can say things. I think they just want to get to football and focus on that. It will be funny seeing how AB reacts when he’s not in Kansas anymore Toto and he has some bad games or they lose. The clown show is far from over I’d say.

Say things? If you called your boss a derogatory name would there be no consequences the next day if you gave a heartfelt apology?

7 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Say things? If you called your boss a derogatory name would there be no consequences the next day if you gave a heartfelt apology?

I think many bosses would let it slide. Emotions get out of hand at times. Admitting you were wrong is a good first step. Brown will play and kill it on Monday night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It depends; am I instrumental to the success of the company?

I`m having Moss flashbacks when I thought he was going to help the Raiders. They need to dump this fool if possible, it`s tough being a Raider fan. Knock on wood if your with me.

32 minutes ago, RepoPatrol said:

I think many bosses would let it slide. Emotions get out of hand at times. Admitting you were wrong is a good first step. Brown will play and kill it on Monday night.

Yeah, wishy washy bosses, who aren't long for their jobs...

Count down to Mike Mayock stepping down or getting fired. You can tell Gruden is on AB’s side.

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, wishy washy bosses, who aren't long for their jobs...

Nah, they have employees that will work hard for them. GM's response was emotional as well. After a sleep on it, this was the most likely outcome for both. Calling someone a cracker and threatening to punch them ain't so bad in the scheme of things. A football player punting a ball is probably a little bit over the top though.

6 minutes ago, RepoPatrol said:

Calling someone a cracker and threatening to punch them ain't so bad in the scheme of things.

I know you are just being factitious, but let's think about something. If we are going to insist on no racial slurs in the NFL (which, of course, we should), this sends a horrible message and is a glaring double standard....no?

What do you think would have happened if Ryan Fitzpatrick would have gotten angry and publicly threatened the Dolphins GM Chris Grier, and called him a racial slur?

2 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I know you are just being factitious, but let's think about something. If we are going to insist on no racial slurs in the NFL (which, of course, we should), this sends a horrible message and is a glaring double standard....no?

What do you think would have happened if Ryan Fitzpatrick would have gotten angry and publicly threatened the Dolphins GM Chris Grier, and called him a racial slur?

It's "facetious."  I thought it was a typo the first time I saw you use it, but now it's time for me to make this one little corner of your literary life all that much better.

What if Mayock had accused Brown of reneging on his contract, and called him a "reneger"?

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Real talk. AB plays and scores. Do you trade him immediately?

I received an offer of Chris Godwin for AB straight up right after the initial news broke yesterday. I countered with AB and Dante Pettis for Godwin and Calvin Ridley and it was accepted. Truth be told I was expecting anything from a one to four game suspension and even imagined him getting released. Now 24 hours later and there's no suspension so maybe I lost this trade but honestly I'm not even mad because I'm not dealing with AB all season as a fantasy owner. I'd sell high if he had a great game. I highly doubt this is the last instance of drama. 

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It's "facetious."  I thought it was a typo the first time I saw you use it, but now it's time for me to make this one little corner of your literary life all that much better.

Axeually, factitious is perfectly appropriate. Did you bother to look it up? He was purposely being specious and contrived. Thanks all the same, though....

4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Axeually, factitious is perfectly appropriate. Did you bother to look it up? He was purposely being specious and contrived. Thanks all the same, though....

It's "axually," and you're really going to try to tell me with a straight face that you meant "factitious" and not "facetious"?

Man, some people just can't stand to be wrong...

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Man, some people just can't stand to be wrong...

Yep....apparently

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It's "axually," and you're really going to try to tell me with a straight face that you meant "factitious" and not "facetious"?

Admit it....you didn't know factitious was a word, did you?

It's all good.  It makes this one little corner of your literary life all that much better....

16 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Admit it....you didn't know factitious was a word, did you?

It's all good.  It makes this one little corner of your literary life all that much better....

My friend, Axe Elf was the Kansas representative in the 1977 National Spelling Bee.  He has spelled every word in every dictionary you can think of at least a dozen times, and knows the proper usage of them all.  He was also a published author at the age of 12.

Now when YOU can admit that you meant "facetious" and not "factitious," THEN we'll be making some progress.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

My friend, Axe Elf was the Kansas representative in the 1977 National Spelling Bee.  He has spelled every word in every dictionary you can think of at least a dozen times, and knows the proper usage of them all.  He was also a published author at the age of 12.

Asked and answered, my friend.

Personally, I gradjeeated the 8th grade.

Word up!

Lol still two more days until the raiders play, Brown as plenty of time to come up with another deva move. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Lol still two more days until the raiders play, Brown as plenty of time to come up with another deva move. 

Only needed 1. 

Antonio Brown requested his release from the Raiders in his most-recent Instagram post.

Brown's post started with the quote, "You are gonna piss a lot of people off when you start doing what's best for you." He then made a few other notes about not wishing to conform to the system before eventually requesting his release from the Raiders. The post comes on the heels of a cryptic YouTube video that included a seemingly private phone conversation between Brown and coach Jon Gruden. The Raiders said Friday that the plan was for AB to suit up Monday night against the Broncos, but this clearly remains a volatile situation.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:11 AM ET

Just saw this..."The #Raiders sent Antonio Brown two letters: one fining him $215,073 for conduct detrimental to the team stemming from the Wednesday incident, and another from GM Mike Mayock notifying him if he's released, he's not eligible for termination pay. Now AB has asked for his release."

Just now, Ehlana said:

What did they give up to get him again?

A 3rd and a 5th?  Kevin Colbert should be named GM of the decade for getting that for this deranged loser

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

Eh, that's not too bad. At least it wasn't two firsts and a second.

No, people in Pittsburgh (myself included) were pretty pissed we only got those picks for him.  But now it looks like a steal

• Like 1

At this point what other team in their right mind would pick him up?  If I were a GM I wouldn’t sign him for a bag of peanuts.  I can’t imagine any GM would want “I hired AB” on their resume.  

KC. They already have 1 Dbag at WR, may as well add another. Plus the nightmares it would give opposing DCs would be almost worthwhile 

Florio reporting they can put this idiot on the reserve/left squad list.

this would shut him down for the season. 

as an owner at pick 29 ppr...i obviously don't want this to happen. But it is well deserved. 

kicking myself for grabbing him

17 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

Florio reporting they can put this idiot on the reserve/left squad list.

this would shut him down for the season. 

as an owner at pick 29 ppr...i obviously don't want this to happen. But it is well deserved. 

kicking myself for grabbing him

I avoided him like the plague in every league.  I sincerely hope the Raiders grow a spine and bench his ass for the year.  Don't cut him and give him anywhere else to go, just park his ass in Siberia for 5 months. 

Apparently by fining him it's being reported that it actually voided all the guaranteed money he was/is due because it happened before the first week of games.  29 million he left Pittsburgh for...GONE!!!  😈