2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Yep big time flaws, those what 3 or 4 offensive touchdowns theyve given up really exposed them. 

Georgia has played a tougher schedule.  It's true.

21 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It is high, of course the Pats pick are always way late, but still a strong move.  The Pats are the fakest 7-0 in history, they have serious flaws and this addresses perhaps the biggest.

ehh..serious flaws is an overstatement.  7-0 is 7-0.

17 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

ehh..serious flaws is an overstatement.  7-0 is 7-0.

serious flaws is a comment about a team wanting to win a SB, not a 7-0 team. Pats are not head and shoulders above the top teams in the league.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

serious flaws is a comment about a team wanting to win a SB, not a 7-0 team. Pats are not head and shoulders above the top teams in the league.

Who us claiming they are head and shoulders above the rest?

It is certainly acceptable to call them the best team in the league.

41 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

it is hard to tell due to the comp.  16-0 talk on nfl network this morn is premature

35 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It is certainly acceptable to call them the best team in the league.

It is.  It would be nice to see them against anything other than a patsy.   That 5 game stretch starting with the Ravens in 2 weeks should be great football. 

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

it is hard to tell due to the comp.  16-0 talk on nfl network this morn is premature

I've been wondering who watches that crap they have on in the morning. I'm not surprised. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I've been wondering who watches that crap they have on in the morning. I'm not surprised. 

well I have switched over to CNN

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Georgia has played a tougher schedule.  It's true.

Ofcourse they have,  Redskins fans know a lot. 

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It is.  It would be nice to see them against anything other than a patsy.   That 5 game stretch starting with the Ravens in 2 weeks should be great football. 

It isn't their fault how their schedule falls...

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

i switch around while doing work and occasionally have it on.  i am filtering for injury and starter info.  they will sometimes provide a bit of trend information that is ff relevant (ie: 2nd db for xx team gets burned for 20+ fantasy points every week).

17 minutes ago, posty said:

And their back ups would beat Georgia about 175 - 0

The dolphins would beat Georgia by about 70

Remember when Digby34 was pretending to be a cancer doctor and actually giving medical advice? What a POS. Big Pats fan. 

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Yep. Plus, it’s still pretty impressive to be 7-0 in the pros no matter who you play 

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

It is high, of course the Pats pick are always way late, but still a strong move.  The Pats are the fakest 7-0 in history, they have serious flaws and this addresses perhaps the biggest.

What they really need is o-line help but that’s probably near-impossible to come by right now

47 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What they really need is o-line help but that’s probably near-impossible to come by right now

So true.  I cannot figure the WR and Oline position.  Colleges are cranking out 6-5 kids who run 4.3 and yet there is a vast shortage of WR in the NFL.  Also spit out are 6-6 320lbers and yet you can't find 10 a year that can play in the NFL.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So true.  I cannot figure the WR and Oline position.  Colleges are cranking out 6-5 kids who run 4.3 and yet there is a vast shortage of WR in the NFL.  Also spit out are 6-6 320lbers and yet you can't find 10 a year that can play in the NFL.  :dunno:

I don’t get WR but with o-linemen you kinda need a perfect storm. Obviously they gotta be big and strong but they’ve also got to be agile. Even guards these days have to move well with all the blocking concepts. Then they’ve also gotta be somewhat smart (at least “football smart”) as the blocking schemes can be pretty complex and changing from play to play. On top of that they’ve got to be durable, able to make it through 16+ games a year while hitting or getting hit by 300 pound guys every single play not to mention falling in the scrum. It’s a lot to ask.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Depends on when Isaiah Wynn comes back, if at all.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends on when Isaiah Wynn comes back, if at all.

They’ve been holding their breath on that guy since they drafted him 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Great WR's need more than just speed and hands.  Most don't work hard enough at running good routes. Timing with the QB is also crucial.  If they're not willing to put time in to develop those aspects of their game, they won't be consistent producers.  

They dont need routes in college.  Bubble screens and go routes.

Thus a ton of raw athletes drafted high.

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

They’ve been holding their breath on that guy since they drafted him 

Agreed, but he is their best bet at LT. 

I think they will try to move Michael Bennett in a trade, but that probably won’t yield much back. Just some cap space for an emergency 

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Great WR's need more than just speed and hands.  Most don't work hard enough at running good routes. Timing with the QB is also crucial.  If they're not willing to put time in to develop those aspects of their game, they won't be consistent producers.  

No doubt, in today's NFL it's 90% route running. Could it be that a vast majority of college football players are lazy AND stupid?  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

No doubt, in today's NFL it's 90% route running. Could it be that a vast majority of college football players are lazy AND stupid?  :dunno:

Nailed it

52 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I got laughed at on here around week 3 for suggesting keeping an eye on Terry McLaurin.he's been on my fantasy squad since and the following video is what convinced me.Nothing lazy or stupid about this kid. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, posty said:

The Browns are on a 3 game stretch where their opponents are a combined 18-2 and people say the Browns are the most overhyped team ever.  The Patriots have .... something slightly resembling a pro schedule .... and people say they are fake because they played no one. 

So, the entire league sucks I guess.

58 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Browns are on a 3 game stretch where their opponents are a combined 18-2 and people say the Browns are the most overhyped team ever.  The Patriots have .... something slightly resembling a pro schedule .... and people say they are fake because they played no one. 

We shall see on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

That is a given...

43 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We shall see on Sunday. 

I'm not saying the Patriots are overhyped or their schedule is weak.  I'm just saying its silly how it feels like everyone is ready to trash the entire league at the moment.

What people don't want to accept is, it's the pats that make their opponents no ones.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

What people don't want to accept is, it's the pats that make their opponents no ones.  

drobeski won this thread...

I'm not saying the Patriots are overhyped or their schedule is weak.  I'm just saying its silly how it feels like everyone is ready to trash the entire league at the moment.

Well, the product is pretty shitty. From the announcers to the refs to the game itself. Just not what it was. Especially the horrible officiating. Sure there was always bad calls.  But with the amount of flags being thrown now there are more of them. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, the product is pretty shitty. From the announcers to the refs to the game itself. Just not what it was. Especially the horrible officiating. Sure there was always bad calls.  But with the amount of flags being thrown now there are more of them. 

I sometimes wonder how much of it is the product changing, and how much is me being older.

Ive watched parts of a few games this year. It's focking unwatchable. More commercial than product. Horrible announcing. Horrible officiating. Pretty much every team is some mediocre severely flawed team. It just doesn't catch my interest as much. College is a much better product. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I sometimes wonder how much of it is the product changing, and how much is me being older.

Ive watched parts of a few games this year. It's focking unwatchable. More commercial than product. Horrible announcing. Horrible officiating. Pretty much every team is some mediocre severely flawed team. It just doesn't catch my interest as much. College is a much better product. 

I agree with everything save "College is a much better product". College ball is terrible, always has been. Bad football save 3 to 5 teams DESTROYING all of their "competion" Big Bowl games are good though.  

Fukk that game last night. 
I was down by 2 points with Brady and Edelman going. Was only going against Pats D

Should have been an easy win, right? :wall:

Guess I should have drafted better on the D aspect :cry:

Also, the Pats are for real, the Niners aren't.  Just so you all know. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ive watched parts of a few games this year. It's focking unwatchable. More commercial than product. Horrible announcing. Horrible officiating. Pretty much every team is some mediocre severely flawed team. It just doesn't catch my interest as much.

I agree with you as I've felt that myself.First off I find myself being very skeptical that the league is on the up and up and hate to use the comparison but sometimes feel like I'm watching the WWE which I despise.Secondly on the getting older I find myself trying to find players that I can really get behind and enjoy watching but always find myself longing for the days when I could watch guys like Lawrence Taylor,Jerry Rice,Derrick Thomas,Joe Montana,John Riggins,Barry Sanders and Reggie White on any given Sunday/Monday.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:45 PM, shorepatrol said:

How in THE FOCK did the Jets beat the Cowboys? They're focking horrible:lol:

Patriots are D-O-N-E.  They lost to the a horse crap team (Ravens).   Ravens are a horse crap team because they lost to the Browns, who have only won 1 game (other than beating the Ravens).  :lol:

I did some cross referencing.  Every NFL team is horrible because they lost to someone who can be deemed "horrible" based on that teams cross-referencing. 

On 10/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, riversco said:

Funny thing is with the Patriots is that people can say they have it easy and that is why they make the playoffs all the time, but how is it that they keep beating all those supposedly best teams in the confernce to get to the superbowl nearly every year if they are so weak? And then often times beat the supposedly best team from the NFC to win the superbowl the time? 

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Funny thing is with the Patriots is that people can say they have it easy and that is why they make the playoffs all the time, but how is it that they keep beating all those supposedly best teams in the confernce to get to the superbowl nearly every year if they are so weak? And then often times beat the supposedly best team from the NFC to win the superbowl the time? 

Well rested, always at home, always drawing the lowest seed.