Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

New York high school football coach suspended for running up score on undefeated opponent

Plainedge High School coach Rob Shaver was suspended under Nassau County’s “lopsided scores policy,” the New York Post reported Thursday. His team defeated South Side High School 61-13 last Friday. Shaver decided to keep his best players in the game despite being up 35 points in the fourth quarter.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/high-school-football-coach-suspended-lopsided-score

Lopsided score policy - what a bunch of f@ggots. :thumbsdown:

Good thing the Jets play in NJ. Bellicheck would be getting suspended all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good thing the Jets play in NJ. Bellicheck would be getting suspended all the time. 

🤣

I googled "lopsided score policy." Take a look at what these Mass f@gs are suggesting for youth soccer. 

https://bays.org/sites/default/files/Avoiding Lopsided Scores-Game Management Strategies-BAYS 2018.pdf

And we wonder why today's kids are soft little pusssies. How about if your team gets blown out the kids all get beatings until they play better. 

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I googled "lopsided score policy." Take a look at what these Mass f@gs are suggesting for youth soccer. 

https://bays.org/sites/default/files/Avoiding Lopsided Scores-Game Management Strategies-BAYS 2018.pdf

And we wonder why today's kids are soft little pusssies. How about if your team gets blown out the kids all get beatings until they play better. 

youth sports are a little different than HS.  There are plenty of d-bag coaches in youth who want to run up the score and don't care whether they are teaching their own team the right way to win. 

There are also plenty of snowflakes who have problems with lopsided games.  I have had situations where we were kicking the snot out of another team and playing our 2nd/3rd stringers who were still scoring.  Can't really prevent kids from trying.  

We have also been in a situation where were down by 22 and come back to win.  You still need to finish off a team.

17 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Sounds like New York. Place is a cesspool 

Yeah. No one goes there anymore.  

My 6th grade basketball team once beat another team 90-0. That team was given an opportunity to forfeit but they wanted to keep playing. They weren't very good and they knew it but they also knew they weren't going to get any better by quitting. 

That's the sorta thing kids these days need to learn. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

My 6th grade basketball team once beat another team 90-0. That team was given an opportunity to forfeit but they wanted to keep playing. They weren't very good and they knew it but they also knew they weren't going to get any better by quitting. 

Have to say, I’m not a fan of boys teams playing girls teams, but if they signed up for it, they get what’s coming to them.

12 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Have to say, I’m not a fan of boys teams playing disabled girls teams, but if they signed up for it, they get what’s coming to them.

Fixed

Stupid to suspend him.......... But if the story is true, and he kept his studs in thru the 4th - he's a diick too.

Let your other kids play - if they keep scoring, so be it.

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Stupid to suspend him.......... But if the story is true, and he kept his studs in thru the 4th - he's a diick too.

Didn't read the article, but miiiight be able to justify running it up if there was some payback for a similar thing done to them.

As a coach (girls lacrosse), when we have been in a strong position like this I would get deeper players more PT, work on lesser known/practiced plays,  3 passes before a shot, and only playing with off hand.  great learning opportunities and lessons in sportsmanship.

I have only intentionally run up the score twice... a-hole coach taught dirty play the year before (many checks that are penalties even in the men's game). girls do not have the protection that men have.  next season... we crushed them twice while keeping it clean.

56 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Agreed. Not a reason to suspend, but a prime example of poor sportsmanship.  

3 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Have to say, I’m not a fan of boys teams playing girls teams, but if they signed up for it, they get what’s coming to them.

:lol:

This was in the early 80's. They didn't allow that sorta thing back then. 

20 hours ago, 5-Points said:

You don't say :lol:

20 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Wtf...

If    you    are    involved    in    a    blowout    game    
Make    a    pre-emp;ve    strike.    
Contact    your    town    rep    as    soon    as    possible.    
You    WILL    need    to    explain    what    happened.

The pussification of the USA is in full effect in NY and MASS. That soccer $hit is ridiculous. As an ind, its gonna be hard for me to ever vote for a D again.

I initially didnt pick up the fact the losing team was undefeated up to that game.  That makes the suspension even more fuked up.  

Running up the score seems to be sacrosanct.....until it happens to you or your team, then its not ok.....that is usually how people work.

Friend of mine's kids go to a local high school that is strong in a couple of sports, always run up the score, then they come play my former high school where my kids go, and we beat their football team 72 - 0 

Normally I am not a fan of that sh!t at all, but our coach did put in 2 and 3rd stringers, maybe a little later than he could have, but I was yelling to run that sh!t up....

Friend came to me the next week and was like "WTF" is up with running the score up like that?".....so I told him he needs to have the FB coach approach the other coaches and let them know that their sh!tty sportsmanship is coming back to him and he is getting embarrassed now...  Further I said, you could actually look at it as flattery....the team was mimicking the other teams at that school....honoring their sh!tty way of treating other teams by bringing it back to them.

My main problem is when you have a team throttling someone and leaving their stars in, aside from being a sh!tty person for doing that why risk injury to your star players?  just for stats? Really?

They made a change a few years back to have the better teams in each county play each other instead of beating up on the lesser teams, which resulted in better games for all concerned.  Of course now those teams who were used to getting the stats and wins are whining about having to play tougher teams.....really??

8 hours ago, nzoner said:

You don't say :lol:

Yeah.

We were all pissed we didn't break 100.  :lol:

Coming soon...new rule

"All games must end in a tie.  If the score depicts something other than a tie, the team with the most points will have their point differential subtracted from their score, thus ending the game in a tie"

• Haha 1