Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Another school shooting in California

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

Most of the shootings occur in schools that have very little diversity at the hands of a person who is not of color. What is your point again??? I'm rather confused?

Plan on backing that up or just chucking it out there ? 

33 minutes ago, peenie said:

There is no such thing as hell so....

and if there is, all you gotta do when you are dying is just be like hey Jesus I accept you let me in and your fine

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Sure. And we know. 

I also don't pretend to know everything nor do I act like a middle school class clown and make fun of others during a discussion.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, riversco said:

its an objective fact.  look up all of the shooters in the us this century and a majority are known athiests.  

I misread your initial statement as atheists dont value life

apologies

22 minutes ago, peenie said:

Most of the shootings occur in schools that have very little diversity at the hands of a person who is not of color. What is your point again??? I'm rather confused?

As it relates to school shooting, you are correct, but I don't think school shootings was his only point.  I think the availability of guns was his main point.  That was what I was primarily referring too.  I eventually tied it to school shootings.

My point?  The Democrat agenda where certain people (primarily white conservatives), are evil, is a message that only results in a negative outcome.  Our countries diversity is unique.  Every time people say, 'well in other countries...', that argument doesn't hold water because of our uniqueness.  The overwhelming push to embrace everything new and hate everything old... that conflicts with the new, always receives a negative force.  The "Holiday Tree" as an example.  When Liberal agenda's want to force your beliefs out in favor of beliefs of the minority (populace, not race), then you're going to get resistance.  Over time, those things will add up.  From that stand point, that is where we are unique and the comparisons to other countries fall by the wayside.

• Like 1

https://imgur.com/a/koysFMh

Pic is from the summer, but shows 2019 mass shooters up to that point. Looks like a ton of color to me. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Pic is from the summer, but shows 2019 mass shooters up to that point. Looks like a ton of color to me. 

She's gonna play the "school shooter " angle. It's ok if you get them after school. And besides, the schools that are "diverse" have Fockin metal detectors and are on lock down .  I wonder why? So much stupid.  

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

I also don't pretend to know everything nor do I act like a middle school class clown and make fun of others during a discussion.

You pretended to be a biologist when we were talking about haplogroups and it took all of about 5 minutes to prove you were lying 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So guns work to protect the president? But not kids? 

Typical lib/dem:

"Guns?! Guns in school? !!! Guns in school?!!! THAT'S the problem in the first place!!!! How are guns in schools going to help!!!???"

Ya see...lemme explain. No one said to give the guns to the kids.  Or, no on is suggesting that the guns be used to shoot the kids.    Basically, (I know its complicated, try to follow along) what we are suggesting, is to use the guns to protect the kids.

Ya think when Regan got shot, the Secret Service had a conversation "Hey, ya know...jeez...it was a gun that shot the President.  Maybe we should get rid of ours so that he is safer" 

How many people would run for POTUS if there was a new rule: "You will be protected only with signs that say "Gun Free Zone. No shooting the President with a gun" ? 

Oh...and my original post in this thread...I focked up the link. 

https://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Why+are+you+blaming+the+gun+for+the+mass+killings+_3fce3d3181ebd94fba3be32356c9ddc6.jpg

I just skimmed the Wikipedia page on school shootings in the US by year. There were exactly 4 fatalities in shootings in K-12 schools in 2019. One of them was a dispute over pot and one was an adult killed in a parking lot over an argument over a space.

There were only 2 untargeted active shootings in schools this year (Highlands CO and Santa Clarita) and only 2 people died.

Lets day we have an armed guard in every school in America. Now you’re introducing the chance of a firearm being accidentally discharged or stolen / getting into the wrong hands or a guard making the wrong call and somebody getting hurt. And the only upside is that maybe one of these guards is in the perfect spot at the perfect time to prevent one of these two annual deaths in US schools.

This is a very expensive and time consuming “solution” to a problem that will affect almost nobody. :sleep: 

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

the media created the category of "mass shooter" because if we included just anyone that was shooting people, it would highlight the massive amount of gun violence in urban areas.  by creating a distinction, they can refuse to report all the gang violence and then hype shootings elsewhere to the moon.  

300 people can die in a city to gun violence over a year and there is a media blackout but 3 people die in a "mass shooting" and the media goes nuts. 

40 minutes ago, peenie said:

According the Jews, they do not believe in hell so...

I know of one Jew who did

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

I just skimmed the Wikipedia page on school shootings in the US by year. There were exactly 4 fatalities in shootings in K-12 schools in 2019. One of them was a dispute over pot and one was an adult killed in a parking lot over an argument over a space.

There were only 2 untargeted active shootings in schools this year (Highlands CO and Santa Clarita) and only 2 people died.

Lets day we have an armed guard in every school in America. Now you’re introducing the chance of a firearm being accidentally discharged or stolen / getting into the wrong hands or a guard making the wrong call and somebody getting hurt. And the only upside is that maybe one of these guards is in the perfect spot at the perfect time to prevent one of these two annual deaths in US schools.

This is a very expensive and time consuming “solution” to a problem that will affect almost nobody. :sleep: 

So you're completely dismissing the idea that some schools may now have guns in them... and they're not working as a deterrent?  I know my nephew's school had incidents where kids had guns, but as of 3 years ago, there are adults with guns in the schools... not a single gun has been found on a student since.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Our situation is unique, so keep that in mind. 

The school board here pays for an armed county sheriff officer for each school.  You're right that the odds are against them ever having to defend against an intruder.  But, these 3 particular officers do far more than stand around waiting for something serious to happen.  They're actively engaged in the school experience and serve as positive male role models for many younger kids who have no others in their lives.  

They're on site every day and engage with the kids about making good decisions.  They get directly involved all sorts of issues.  Behavior, violence, bullying, drugs,vaping and drinking.  For the most part, they're looked up to and well respected.  

For my money, they're far more valuable in those roles than an extra Spanish teacher or an elementary school counselor.  

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So you're completely dismissing the idea that some schools may now have guns in them... and they're not working as a deterrent?  I know my nephew's school had incidents where kids had guns, but as of 3 years ago, there are adults with guns in the schools... not a single gun has been found on a student since.

I’m saying putting an armed guard in every school is a dumb focking idea that’s likely to cause more harm than good, given how unlikely it is for a kid to get killed in an untargeted active shooting situation. It’s an expensive and pointless pet rock. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Our situation is unique, so keep that in mind. 

The school board here pays for an armed county sheriff officer for each school.  You're right that the odds are against them ever having to defend against an intruder.  But, these 3 particular officers do far more than stand around waiting for something serious to happen.  They're actively engaged in the school experience and serve as positive male role models for many younger kids who have no others in their lives.  

They're on site every day and engage with the kids about making good decisions.  They get directly involved all sorts of issue.  Behavior, violence, bullying, drugs and drinking.  For the most part, they're looked up to and well respected.  

For my money, they're far more valuable in those roles than an extra Spanish teacher or an elementary school counselor.  

That’s great. If the school wants to pay for it and the guard / sheriff adds value in other ways, terrific. I’m just saying, the idea that we are going to put an armed guard in EVERY school to prevent a shooting is focking retarded. And the people who suggest that don’t even mean it.

51 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You pretended to be a biologist when we were talking about haplogroups and it took all of about 5 minutes to prove you were lying 🤷🏻‍♂️

First of all, I worked in a genetics lab, not for Ancestry or 23andMe. I did genome scans on families that carried a particular disease.  We were looking at nuclear DNA not mitochondrial DNA. I have no reason to lie. Race is a social construct, it is not based in biology was my point. Yes, we look different and our ancestors come from different countries but brown people are not more prone to crime than pale people. That was my argument in a nutshell.

My apologies for straying off the topic of this tragedy.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m saying putting an armed guard in every school is a dumb focking idea that’s likely to cause more harm than good, given how unlikely it is for a kid to get killed in an untargeted active shooting situation. It’s an expensive and pointless pet rock. 

Agree to disagree.  A lot of NJ schools have instituted them and have seen a noticeably less occurrence of violence... period, in schools.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agree to disagree.  A lot of NJ schools have instituted them and have seen a noticeably less occurrence of violence... period, in schools.

It can present a real problem though.

By way of example, typically AA kids misbehave more ofen than their peers, as a result they are held accountable, and people point this as some kind of cognitive act on the part of the police, when they are simply applying the standards equally, but people are not following them.....so they lower the standards to meet the inane behaviors of some, and education is negatively impacted as a result.

So in reality, it does not help as much as we want to believe, instead the kids use the stupid notion of unequal treatment to misbehave, and carry that into adulthood, where the whining about treatment continues...

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s great. If the school wants to pay for it and the guard / sheriff adds value in other ways, terrific. I’m just saying, the idea that we are going to put an armed guard in EVERY school to prevent a shooting is focking retarded. And the people who suggest that don’t even mean it.

I understand, and I believe the community leaders understand that having them there to prevent an intruder is overkill.  That's why they've created this partnership between the schools and the sheriff to create a position that goes far beyond that of an armed guard.  

You obviously need to have the right individuals, and just like with any other position, some will suck.  But I've seen first hand what a positive authority figure can do for these kids.  I'm sure it's much different in the inner city, but most kids still have a healthy respect for police officers.  

10 minutes ago, peenie said:

First of all, I worked in a genetics lab, not for Ancestry or 23andMe. I did an genome scans on families that carried a particular disease.  We were looking at nuclear DNA not mitochondrial DNA. I have no reason to lie. Race is a social construct, it is not based in biology was my point. Yes, we look different and our ancestors come from different countries but brown people are not more prone to crime than pale people. That was my argument in a nutshell.

My apologies for straying off the topic of this tragedy.

Based on your experience, are are brown people genetically more prone to anything than pale people, or vice versa? 

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It can present a real problem though.

By way of example, typically AA kids misbehave more ofen than their peers, as a result they are held accountable, and people point this as some kind of cognitive act on the part of the police, when they are simply applying the standards equally, but people are not following them.....so they lower the standards to meet the inane behaviors of some, and education is negatively impacted as a result.

So in reality, it does not help as much as we want to believe, instead the kids use the stupid notion of unequal treatment to misbehave, and carry that into adulthood, where the whining about treatment continues...

That's a culture issue, not a safety issue.  I'd also argue that AA kids who get bullied by their own (and in-general, that is the case for their age), wouldn't they feel safer knowing that there's a legit safety option in-school, then having to hope for administrators or teachers to address the problem?  Also, wouldn't they feel more at ease knowing they don't actually have to say anything and rat the bullies out and be in more danger... they could just always be near an adult holding a gun.

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

And you'd be wrong, but what's new?  I've posted before about the numerous school districts that ALREADY allow teachers to be armed.  And guess what?  There hasn't been one incident of a stolen gun, armed teacher going rogue and killing a bunch of kids, or anything else that would suggest it's not a good idea.  So you can PROJECT what you THINK (or hope) would happen in that scenario, but the FACTS betray you.

16 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Based on your experience, are are brown people genetically more prone to anything than pale people, or vice versa? 

I used to believe that we brown folks liked warm weather more. Then I found that black guys preferred the cold.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

I used to believe that we brown folks liked warm weather more. Then I found that black guys preferred the cold.

What about diseases or illnesses?

Sickle cell?  Hypertension?

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

And you'd be wrong, but what's new?  I've posted before about the numerous school districts that ALREADY allow teachers to be armed.  And guess what?  There hasn't been one incident of a stolen gun, armed teacher going rogue and killing a bunch of kids, or anything else that would suggest it's not a good idea.  So you can PROJECT what you THINK (or hope) would happen in that scenario, but the FACTS betray you.

I said putting an armed guard in every school is a dumb focking idea that’s likely to cause more harm than good, given how unlikely it is for a kid to get killed in an active shooting.

Maybe bolds will help. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I'm an atheist and I've never shot anyone.

You would just delete it anyway...

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

What about diseases or illnesses?

Sickle cell?  Hypertension?

Sickle cell is common more in African Americans yes, but that is because of where slaves were taken geographically. Meaning, if slaves were taken from say Sudan (the blackest of Africans, imo) they do not carry the sickle cell trait. Sickle cell is prominent where malaria is prominent. I believe it is a response to malaria. I think those who carry the sickle cell trait are less like to get malaria or some such. I can't remember. White folks who live where malaria is present also carry the sickle cell trait.

Hypertension is a cultural factor...if my memory serves me correctly, Africans do not have hypertension.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

I said putting an armed guard in every school is a dumb focking idea that’s likely to cause more harm than good, given how unlikely it is for a kid to get killed in an active shooting.

Maybe bolds will help. :dunno: 

Well most people would agree that an armed guard is going to typically be at least as trained as if not moreso than a teacher.   So, if arming teachers hasn't resulted in any catastrophic events I'm pretty sure arming guards wouldn't either.  Is simple logic that difficult for you to understand?

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well most people would agree that an armed guard is going to typically be at least as trained as if not moreso than a teacher.   So, if arming teachers hasn't resulted in any catastrophic events I'm pretty sure arming guards wouldn't either.  Is simple logic that difficult for you to understand?

Most people would also agree that having a well trained armed guard in each of the 130,000 schools in America to prevent a problem that claimed 2 lives this year is focking dumb. 

HTH but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Brown people are more likely to break out into song during times of strife, while white people are more prone to sticking out their teeth when they dance.

Whoa, asian for real!? Like yellow real asian or fake asian? Some people like to call a wide range of races asian just to be cute so I like to make sure.

Ok now getting word half white half asian.

If it turns out this kid got the gun from his parents, should they be held liable? 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If it turns out this kid got the gun from his parents, should they be held liable? 

If a kid kills someone while driving drunk should the parents be held liable?

i say no to both unless they are found negligent.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

If a kid kills someone while driving drunk should the parents be held liable?

I'd say it's a bit different. Everyone agrees guns should be secured.