supermike80

Is anyone here shocked Charlie's Angels Flopped?

I didn't even know there was another Charlie's Angles movie out.

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Yahoo entertainment writers must be really, really, really bored.  That was a really, really, really long article that could have been summed up in a few sentences, such as...

"The reason why this movie bombed was because it never actually catered to it's primary target audience.  While young people will watch this, most of the people who associate with this series, are people who are not millennial's.  People who are not millennial's won't really go to pay to see movies with ultra skinny angry women who feel like they have something to prove.  Also, the writers needed to prove that they are "woke", and hence, over do their story line to prove their point more so than it was to tell an actual story."

It took me longer to type it than it did to give the real reason it tanked.  It's funny, after just looking that over, that could essentially apply to virtually every movie that tanked, such as Oceans 8 and Ghostbusters.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Two types of people traditionally  go to movies: Kids and couples. Now we have grown men that go to kids (superhero) movies as well. So that's three. Kids don't want to see this, the superhero nerds won't go, and what couple would chose this crap? But according to Elizabeth Banks, it's because of sexism. Of course. 

Did you get your AARP card in the mail yet?  And there were some kids playing on your lawn earlier - doesn't that enrage you?

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

"The reason why this movie bombed was because it never actually catered to it's primary target audience.  While young people will watch this, most of the people who associate with this series, are people who are not millennial's.  People who are not millennial's won't really go to pay to see movies with ultra skinny angry women who feel like they have something to prove.  Also, the writers needed to prove that they are "woke", and hence, over do their story line to prove their point more so than it was to tell an actual story."

They keep trying to make Woke versions of _______. The Woke audience by and large doesn't care about those franchises. Fans of those franchises are going to be turned off by the changes to make them Woke. So the movies appeal to no one.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

They keep trying to make Woke versions of _______. The Woke audience by and large doesn't care about those franchises. Fans of those franchises are going to be turned off by the changes to make them Woke. So the movies appeal to no one.

I think most people are tired of WOKE in general.  Hollywood isn't making movies to make movies anymore, they make movies to push agendas, rewrite history and to fill virtue-signalling quotas.  Gays represent about 3-4% of the population and trannies/non-binary represent like .001% but if you watch hollywood movies you would think they make up 98% of America.  People are tired of this sh#t.

The left has given way to much power to these ultra-small minority groups.

you know I thought the 1st Charlies movie was cute, Lucy Liu had that appeal at the time (freckles) and Drew Berrymore I just always love her personality, shes funny without being over the top, and Cameron Diaz was in her prime.  The story was fine, it didn't push the whole feminazi nonsense, just trying to recreate the sexy 70's feel, and they did pretty good

now its cringe

and also I didnt know they made another one

45 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Did you get your AARP card in the mail yet?  And there were some kids playing on your lawn earlier - doesn't that enrage you?

Got one 3 years ago. Didn't renew. Some good deals but that organization is too liberal. Sorry I offended you. But grown men waiting in line for a superhero movie is silly.  

34 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I think most people are tired of WOKE in general.  Hollywood isn't making movies to make movies anymore, they make movies to push agendas, rewrite history and to fill virtue-signalling quotas.  Gays represent about 3-4% of the population and trannies/non-binary represent like .001% but if you watch hollywood movies you would think they make up 98% of America.  People are tired of this sh#t.

The left has given way to much power to these ultra-small minority groups.

I was watching the local news this morning while I got ready for work and a Nissan commercial came on.    The usual BS about it being "the holiday season for buying a new car."   They showed 3 different couples exiting the Nissan dealership and happily going to their new car parked outside.  Each couple had their own scene in the ad.     All 3 couples were inter-racial couples.   Of course alternating between black guy - white woman,  black woman - white man.    No other couples were shown.    And of course all 3 couples were dressed like/looked like they graduated from Yale about 5 yrs ago and now their start up company is about to launch its IPO.   And they could go run a marathon tomorrow.  Even the one couple with a baby, who was black of course.  

I really don't care who you marry or what color.   But it just struck me as "Nissan, you are trying waaaaay too hard to be woke".     Alll 3 couples, i.e. 100%, are inter-racial?    

If you are going to do that at least have 1 couple where the white woman weighs about 320lbs, has bad tatoos, and is smoking a Marlboro.    And the black guy is skinny and trying to hit on the woman at the customer service counter.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I was watching the local news this morning while I got ready for work and a Nissan commercial came on.    The usual BS about it being "the holiday season for buying a new car."   They showed 3 different couples exiting the Nissan dealership and happily going to their new car parked outside.  Each couple had their own scene in the ad.     All 3 couples were inter-racial couples.   Of course alternating between black guy - white woman,  black woman - white man.    No other couples were shown.    And of course all 3 couples were dressed like/looked like they graduated from Yale about 5 yrs ago and now their start up company is about to launch its IPO.   And they could go run a marathon tomorrow.  Even the one couple with a baby, who was black of course.  

I really don't care who you marry or what color.   But it just struck me as "Nissan, you are trying waaaaay too hard to be woke".     Alll 3 couples, i.e. 100%, are inter-racial?    

If you are going to do that at least have 1 couple where the white woman weighs about 320lbs, has bad tatoos, and is smoking a Marlboro.    And the black guy is skinny and trying to hit on the woman at the customer service counter.   

Good post!  :thumbsup:

Make no mistake, though.  Despite all of this "we just want equality" BS talk that liberals and minority spout on about, it is far from that.  They don't want "equality", they want power.  All of it.  If anyone seriously thinks that if they get what they want and things will be "equal", you better rethink your position.  The first thing they will do is start suppressing the other groups.  They're already slowly doing it now with conservative groups, men, white men, people who don't think like them, etc...

It always been about power with them.  Always.

I'm so confused. If I pay to go see a sh!tty second remake of a pretty bad 70s TV show only because it has hot chicks, I'm a mysogonyst right? 

But if I don't, I'm a sexist.

What a pickle. 

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm so confused. If I pay to go see a sh!tty second remake of a pretty bad 70s TV show only because it has hot chicks, I'm a mysogonyst right? 

What a pickle. 

Third

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Noticed a similar thing on our company intra-net website regarding annual benefits enrollment. They decided to show a mixed race couple w a baby. I don't give a sh1t in real life, but it seems like they're trying way too hard, especially since our company works military contracts and we're predominantly evil middle aged straight white dudes. 

12 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What a pickle

If one of those chicks used a pickle on the other, I'd give it a watch.  :banana:

19 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What a pickle. 

Helps if you don’t pull your pickle out in the theatre

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But grown men waiting in line for a superhero movie is silly.  

Okay, Gramps!

You go out now and watch some of those Steamboat Willie movin' pictures.  I love Lucy, Murder She Wrote or Golden Girls is probably right up your alley too.

Sony knew Charlie’s Angels was a one quadrant movie, eyed at women 13-39, especially given its lack of action scenes, and wisely limited their exposure to what I hear is 50%,

Smart......very smart....  🤡

10 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Okay, Gramps!

You go out now and watch some of those Steamboat Willie movin' pictures.  I love Lucy, Murder She Wrote or Golden Girls is probably right up your alley too.

Okay whipper snapper.  Did you get the Spider-Man toy with your happy meal, or the Incredible Hulk one? 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Okay whipper snapper.  Did you get the Spider-Man toy with your happy meal, or the Incredible Hulk one? 

I'm impressed with your memory at your advanced age.

I have no idea what in the world is going on in the media with everyone either being gay or in interracial relationships. Like, black couples are non-existent unless it's struggle love. Black guy is always with white, mixed, Latina or other woman. Black women are lesbians, single or with the weird white guy (never the hot white guy).

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

I have no idea what in the world is going on in the media with everyone either being gay or in interracial relationships. Like, black couples are non-existent unless it's struggle love. Black guy is always with white, mixed, Latina or other woman. Black women are lesbians, single or with the weird white guy (never the hot white guy).

We are seeing the results of years and years of college liberalism. The people in advertising now are all results of that. And one thing white liberals love to do is pander. 

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

Correct. Why not just represent the norm? It's not an evil thing to do. 

10 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I honestly had no idea that there was a new Charlies angels movie.

Neither did I :lol:
What I ended up doing after reading the first two posts here was looking up Kristen Stewart nude on the google image machine.
Turns out she has some nice nipples...Bordering on puffies 
Obviously, nsfw

https://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jihad/harlots/kristen_stewart11/main.jpg

10 hours ago, porkbutt said:

:o

no way you're getting away with this one.

My first thought, also :first:

My second thought was that I still read Jackie Collins novels...:ninja:

1 hour ago, peenie said:

. Black women are lesbians, single or with the weird white guy (never the hot white guy).

100% troof :thumbsup:

Then again, most of the black women in the commercials we are agreeing with are really not attractive enough to pull in one of the "hot white guys" anyways. (fwiw, most of the HWG in acting are prolly homos, anyhoo)
On the flip side, the "weird white guys" in said commercials aren't exactly attractive, nor really portrayed that way. 

Yes, Peenie..I do see the double standard to a certain extent. :)

21 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Neither did I :lol:
What I ended up doing after reading the first two posts here was looking up Kristen Stewart nude on the google image machine.
Turns out she has some nice nipples...Bordering on puffies 
Obviously, nsfw

https://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jihad/harlots/kristen_stewart11/main.jpg

Is that a chick? 

Christ. No wonder the movie flopped if they are putting that mess as a Charlie's angel. 

8 hours ago, peenie said:

Where you when I posted thos a month ago?  One black person per commercial and no black kids as they must be mixed. Woke!

I've posted such observations before. Look at the newscasts each network and it's typically black guy, white girl. ESPN....black dudes, a white chick. 

It's not as prevalent as they make it seem.

10 hours ago, peenie said:

It sells.....that is all you really need to know.   Anything trotted out either results in votes or sales.....

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I've posted such observations before. Look at the newscasts each network and it's typically black guy, white girl. ESPN....black dudes, a white chick. 

The reason for this is to give black kids something to aspire to... as if they're actually watching it (which they're not, they only watch highlights like everyone else), and get the white guys to watch and look at the hot chicks.  The content is irrelevant to them.  That's one of  the reasons a lot of people stopped watching.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The reason for this is to give black kids something to aspire to... as if they're actually watching it (which they're not, they only watch highlights like everyone else), and get the white guys to watch and look at the hot chicks.  The content is irrelevant to them.  That's one of  the reasons a lot of people stopped watching.

Yeah, its so plainly pandering and in an insulting way

5 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

OMG, this is so true!!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 7:56 PM, peenie said:

They want to install communism in America.  The way to achieve it is to make everyone feel guilty about EVERYTHING that is associated with America.  No vector is sacred.  What they want to imply is CAPITALIST America is a bigoted nation in this case. If they ever install communism, they will stop pushing alternative lifestyles and probably execute most of the LBGT+ crowd as they will no longer be of any use to them.  Sort of like how Sidious executed the leaders of the Trade Federation once he became emperor in Star Wars.  The goal was achieved so he got rid of the idiots that helped him. 

Stalin actually had a program where any party member that showed competence and aptitude in promoting the communism platform was executed.  Because he viewed them as unnecessary and as threats to his power.   So if communism got established in America, the leaders would seek out and execute guys like Maurile Tremblay and Joe Bryant, despite the fact that they help promote leftist ideas, because they are a threat to assume leadership just like Newt Gunray and Haako in episode 3.

Are there any movies in the history of movies actually worth a fock that were written/directed by a woman?

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Are there any movies in the history of movies actually worth a fock that were written/directed by a woman?

The Piano with Holly Hunter, Harvey Keitel, Anna Paquin and some other guy....it was really good, imo.

not as shocked as TgayXXXIII reading the Twilight novels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a perfect example of the current situation of couples in the media:

I'll be able to tell if you watched this one or not... (it's a dumb video)

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

Here is a perfect example of the current situation of couples in the media:

I'll be able to tell if you watched this one or not... (it's a dumb video)

You owe me an apology........😡

18 minutes ago, peenie said:

The Piano with Holly Hunter, Harvey Keitel, Anna Paquin and some other guy....it was really good, imo.

You went back in time 26 years and came up with this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Piano#Plot

I'd rather watch Twilight with TampaGayXXXIVXC3

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

You owe me an apology........😡

It was the whackness!! My apologies for wasting your brain cells. A black mixed guy dated an indian girl. Now the mixed black guy is dating another black guy, he's gay now. Current day love, so we're supposed to believe.

6 hours ago, riversco said:

They want to install communism in America.  The way to achieve it is to make everyone feel guilty about EVERYTHING that is associated with America.  No vector is sacred.  What they want to imply is CAPITALIST America is a bigoted nation in this case. If they ever install communism, they will stop pushing alternative lifestyles and probably execute most of the LBGT+ crowd as they will no longer be of any use to them.  Sort of like how Sidious executed the leaders of the Trade Federation once he became emperor in Star Wars.  The goal was achieved so he got rid of the idiots that helped him. 

Stalin actually had a program where any party member that showed competence and aptitude in promoting the communism platform was executed.  Because he viewed them as unnecessary and as threats to his power.   So if communism got established in America, the leaders would seek out and execute guys like Maurile Tremblay and Joe Bryant, despite the fact that they help promote leftist ideas, because they are a threat to assume leadership just like Newt Gunray and Haako in episode 3.

:shocking: