Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Speaking of snow shovels, I bought one of those oversized ones you push with your body. Works great, much better than the traditional snow shovel. Highly recommend. 

10 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Why are we inoculating everyone when the metrics are crystal clear about who is truly in danger? And by danger, I mean serious problems, not simply getting a virus which is relatively harmless to 99% of the population.  The Fauci approach has killed 10s of thousands. 

We’re not innoculating everyone right now. For the most part, they’re trying to get the ones that are truly in danger first.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

We’re not innoculating everyone right now. For the most part, they’re trying to get the ones that are truly in danger first.

Like teachers? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like teachers? 

Seems to be a big city union thing.  Teachers here are back.  Ive talked to a few that have been vaccinated they were back before that.  They don't care about that.  They are back because they want to be and work and actually care.

I feel bad for people who live in major cities.  Wait no i dont.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Seems to be a big city union thing.  Teachers here are back.  Ive talked to a few that have been vaccinated they were back before that.  They don't care about that.  They are back because they want to be and work and actually care.

I feel bad for people who live in major cities.  Wait no i dont.  

5 days a week? 

5 days a week? 

No I guess not.  I believe 3 and then zoom teaching otherwise.   

They shutdown periodically when covid cases have sprouted enough.  

Idk how the teachers union works so I perhaps spoke out of turn.

But the teachers I have talked to want to be there even before vaccinations.  I havent heard of any that have held out or made a stink about covid.  Actually quite the opposite and frustrated.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

No I guess not.  I believe 3 and then zoom teaching otherwise.   

They shutdown periodically when covid cases have sprouted enough.  

It’s probably like everywhere else in most of the state. Kids are split in two groups, go twice a week, everyone remote on wednesday.  I want my kid in school five days a week now. This bs has gone on long enough. 

It’s probably like everywhere else in most of the state. Kids are split in two groups, go twice a week, everyone remote on wednesday.  I want my kid in school five days a week now. This bs has gone on long enough. 

Oh I feel bad for the kids who are getting held back by this virus for sure.

But I never understood the idea schools are safe.  All ive heard is we dont see many spikes from schools.  And Im saying HOW? Kids are dirty and dont follow rules.  If we are all going along with this covid stuff then how are schools safer than other places? They are kids? They touch stuff.  Rub their nose.  Touch eachorher and horse around.  

But all Ive ever heard was schools arent spreading the virus.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

But I never understood the idea schools are safe.  All ive heard is we dont see many spikes from schools.  And Im saying HOW? Kids are dirty and dont follow rules.  If we are all going along with this covid stuff then how are schools safer than other places? They are kids? They touch stuff.  Rub their nose.  Touch eachorher and horse around.  

They aren’t. Lots of states have been fully open with no issues. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Speaking of snow shovels, I bought one of those oversized ones you push with your body. Works great, much better than the traditional snow shovel. Highly recommend. 

We call them snowblowers 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That is what we have and it has been fine. Lower spread than regular population and very few traced to school transmission. Overblown by teachers unions IMO.

51 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We call them snowblowers 

Not necessary. Physical labor is good. For my wife .  

5 hours ago, Strike said:

I went out to lunch.  My neighbor across the street is shoveling snow with a mask on.  There's no one on the street.  At all.  Just me coming out of my house and I'm 20 feet at least away, and she had the mask on before I came out.  WTF?  Do I live across the street from Old Maid?

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

A guy in my old neighborhood wore a mask while he mowed the lawn. 

These people are focking insane. This country is lost 

Easy way to spot a Vegetable Joe voter. They have retard level IQs.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

I’m not sure what you mean, but I doubt any kids are being held back a grade, that would lead to a bajillion lawsuits.  So instead we are promoting them grades without them learning prerequisites for the following grades.  This is perhaps the biggest travesty of this whole thing, in the long run.  Funny thing is, in the liberal attempt to bring equity (i.e., the lowest common denominator), it’s the richer kids (predominantly white, Asian, Indian) who will get tutoring to keep up, while the poorer kids will fall further behind.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I’m not sure what you mean, but I doubt any kids are being held back a grade, that would lead to a bajillion lawsuits.  So instead we are promoting them grades without them learning prerequisites for the following grades.  This is perhaps the biggest travesty of this whole thing, in the long run.  Funny thing is, in the liberal attempt to bring equity (i.e., the lowest common denominator), it’s the richer kids (predominantly white, Asian, Indian) who will get tutoring to keep up, while the poorer kids will fall further behind.

I go to Barnes and Noble every weekend for the last month with my daughter and pick out a math/puzzle book. If she finishes it during the week she gets to pick where we eat out. Kinda sick of the Olive Garden. But I think math is the subject that is the hardest to recover from if you let it slip and it leads to a  kid getting frustrated. 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I go to Barnes and Noble every weekend for the last month with my daughter and pick out a math/puzzle book. If she finishes it during the week she gets to pick where we eat out. Kinda sick of the Olive Garden. But I think math is the subject that is the hardest to recover from if you let it slip and it leads to a  kid getting frustrated. 

Sounds like time well spent with your kid, well worth the Olive Garden overdose.

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like teachers? 

Teachers, firefighters, nurses. I never realized the association between these professions and being in poor health. 

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Not held back a grade.  Just held back from learning properly 

IT director at work has the vid. 2nd time (jan 2020 and jan 2021) Positive test

He was so sick yesterday he couldn't get out of bed. Does not have loss of smell or taste, but other symptoms pretty bad.

Funny thing is he moved to North Carolina from Boston in July. He got it in 2 different states

He doesn't leave the house much, he's one of the safe ones. His teenager daughter brought it home this time.

He's black, not sure if that matters. But the media says it does. he does quite well though, so it's not $

Just now, edjr said:

He was so sick yesterday he couldn't get out of bed. Does not have loss of smell or taste, but other symptoms pretty bad.

Funny thing is he moved to North Carolina from Boston in July. He got it in 2 different states

Oh and he's black. 

Chances are the first strain didn’t start in Wuhan either.  We may be in the 10th strain of this stuff.  

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

He doesn't leave the house much, he's one of the safe ones. His teenager daughter brought it home this time.

He's black, not sure if that matters. But the media says it does. he does quite well though, so it's not $

Seems odd. Jan 2020 was very early in the game. And getting it 2x? No chance. Last January was something different than he has now.

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Seems odd. Jan 2020 was very early in the game. And getting it 2x? No chance. Last January was something different than he has now.

Agree. I work with him though. I remember he was out for 4 days and was deathly ill, breathing issues. One other guy on the team got the same thing at the same time. No one knew what it was.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Agree. I work with him though. I remember he was out for 4 days and was deathly ill, breathing issues. One other guy on the team got the same thing at the same time. No one knew what it was.

Could have been a variant, could have been the plain old flu, which as anyone without a political agenda knows, is extremely dangerous to everyone. 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Could have been a variant, could have been the plain old flu, which as anyone without a political agenda knows, is extremely dangerous to everyone. 

Could have been Trump. He hates black people

Just now, edjr said:

Could have been Trump. He hates black people

I doubt it. No lib has ever recovered from the Trump flu. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

I doubt it. No lib has ever recovered from the Trump flu. 

mentally anyway :d

34 minutes ago, edjr said:

Do you work for Biogen?  I thought there were only like 10 positive tests in the country last Jan.  With Biogen employees being among the first, starting in Boston then most believe was how it first got to NC.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Do you work for Biogen?  I thought there were only like 10 positive tests in the country last Jan.  With Biogen employees being among the first, starting in Boston then most believe was how it first got to NC.

Not too far up the street, but no. He tested negative in Jan 20. but did they really have accurate tests then?

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

My wife is a school teacher and I'm on the PTO board in a different district. In this area, nobody is getting held back. If you were a fock up senior who probably wasn't going to graduate. CONGRATS you graduated.

My wife has a kid in her first-grade class that doesn't know the alphabet and can't count to 10. The idiot parents put him in Kindergarten as soon as they could. They signed a waiver putting him in a year early. Normally he would have been held back but nope. Everyone graduates. So here you have a kid who should be just starting kindergarten, in first grade and he's doing terrible. He should be held back this year too, but nope. He'll get moved right along.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My wife is a school teacher and I'm on the PTO board in a different district. In this area, nobody is getting held back. If you were a fock up senior who probably wasn't going to graduate. CONGRATS you graduated.

My wife has a kid in her first-grade class that doesn't know the alphabet and can't count to 10. The idiot parents put him in Kindergarten as soon as they could. They signed a waiver putting him in a year early. Normally he would have been held back but nope. Everyone graduates. So here you have a kid who should be just starting kindergarten, in first grade and he's doing terrible. He should be held back this year too, but nope. He'll get moved right along.

In NY there will be no standardized tests this year. I’m sure the plan is to do away with all of them soon. Schools will be just like college now. If you show up you pass. And teachers won’t be judged. Don’t judge me ! 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

But he supports BLM, LGBTQ, no bail, and #metoo. And hates Trump. Isn’t that enough good to make up for killing thousands? 

13 minutes ago, fandandy said:

This could be awkward for drive thru testing centers...just hang yo' azz out the window. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

This could be awkward for drive thru testing centers...just hang yo' azz out the window. 

Imagine working there.  

Alright fandandy, you are on theeeeeeeee anal line today.

:angry:

Rusty can get tested in his nose and his ass at the same time. His head  is perpetually up his ass. 

• Haha 1