Djgb13

Black News Channel

BNC is the first 24-hour news network “by black people, for black people, dedicated to the unique perspective of African American communities,” according to a statement on the company’s website. 

They have really narrowed their audience.

Not so sure this is what we should be doing.

What if we started a White People News channel:  By White People, for white people and offering a unique perspective of white communities.

Seems like if wouldn't let "whites" get away with this, we shouldn't let "blacks" get away with it.  You don't fight racism with MORE racism.

The argument against that is that every channel is by white people for white people.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

The argument against that is that every channel is by white people for white people.

"Ain't Nobody Got Time For Dat!!!"

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

Every newscast I see has more than one monitory in it. A lot more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

Then that would be a bad argument.  It's not advertised as "White People Channel"

• Like 1

Crime TV :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

If I really want to know what's going on about certain things I watch the Spanish channel. 

You are unaware of the BIAS of the news or the way that it's presented. However, there hasn't been news for black people by black people in a long time. And this new "black news" IS NOT the real deal. 

Just as there isn't one single fashion magazine, there isn't one way to present news. What's important to you may not be important to me. There could be gay news, women's news, children's news...

Don't be dense.

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

You are unaware of the BIAS of the news or the way that it's presented. 

Who is? 

I have been well aware of the bias nature of the news and how it is presented for quite some time.

For decades now I have basically assumed that whatever the media is telling me is 85% buIIshit, 10% opinion and 5% information. 

It's how you interpret that 5% that matters. 

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

Just as there isn't one single fashion magazine, there isn't one way to present news. What's important to you may not be important to me. There could be gay news, women's news, children's news...

Don't be dense.

That's the problem with diversity. 

News, actual newsworthy information, should matter equally to almost everybody. 

Self absorption is a luxury we afford ourselves in this country and it is detrimental to society. 

For instance, if I had a woman's news channel, I would make a weather report like this:

There 60% chance of rain today so the humidity is going to frizz your hair. You may not want to plan events outdoors this weekend because thunder and lightning is expected. 

Traffic reports would be more geared toward mom's having to leave work to pick up kids from school and sports rather than just leaving to and from work. 

You guys don't realize how the world marches to your pace.

There would be more focus on food, shopping, health and education rather than stupid Washington and stuff we can do nothing about. My news would focus on local government. Everyone would know exactly what was going on in my town. 

I should start a local news.

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

Don't be dense.

Are you saying what might be right for you, may not be right for some?

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

Now, the world don’t move to the beat of just one drum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, peenie said:

For instance, if I had a woman's news channel, I would make a weather report like this:

There 60% chance of rain today so the humidity is going to frizz your hair. You may not want to plan events outdoors this weekend because thunder and lightning is expected. 

Traffic reports would be more geared toward mom's having to leave work to pick up kids from school and sports rather than just leaving to and from work. 

There would be more focus on food, shopping, health and education rather than stupid Washington and stuff we can do nothing about. My news would focus on local government. Everyone would know exactly what was going on in my town. 

Or you could deduce from the fact that there is a 60% chance of rain that the humidity might be a little higher than normal and you might have to deal with frizzy hair today.

Or, you could understand that just because you have kids it doesn't mean that your employer should let you off early to pick them up from school when traffic is heavier than usual. 

Like I said, actual newsworthy information should matter equally to most people. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, frank said:

Now, the world don’t move to the beat of just one drum. 

What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Or you could deduce from the fact that there is a 60% chance of rain that the humidity might be a little higher than normal and you might have to deal with frizzy hair today.

Or, you could understand that just because you have kids it doesn't mean that your employer should let you off early to pick them up from school when traffic is heavier than usual. 

Like I said, actual newsworthy information should matter equally to most people. 

See! This is exactly what goes on in board rooms. 

Reminds me of a meeting my friend was in where there was a discussion about a black artists art. They were using the black artists work, but questioned whether his art was too black. Only white folks would ask such a question. (My friend was the only black person in the meeting.) Mind you, we're in Atlanta! WTF?

You guys are so funny!! The Different Strokes reference made me laugh.

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

You guys are so funny!! The Different Strokes reference made me laugh.

It is Diff'rent Strokes...  At least try to get the spelling of the title correct...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

It is Diff'rent Strokes...  At least try to get the spelling of the title correct...

What you talkin 'bout Willis?

• Thanks 1

What if we also had "black bathrooms" made for "black people" and "white bathrooms" made for "white people"?

Or how about some restaurants only serve blacks and others only serve whites?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

That's simply not true. If there was actual interest in those kinds of stories... the news would run them. 

No matter the channel their job is to play the hits. For sports center it's non stop Tom Brady, for cable news its politics. 

If they want to start an all black news channel and isolate themselves more? Go ahead...I'm sure that will work well. 

42 minutes ago, peenie said:

See! This is exactly what goes on in board rooms. 

Reminds me of a meeting my friend was in where there was a discussion about a black artists art. They were using the black artists work, but questioned whether his art was too black. Only white folks would ask such a question. (My friend was the only black person in the meeting.) Mind you, we're in Atlanta! WTF?

Well if it's too black for Atlanta it's probably too black.  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Don't be dense.

What about Jet magazine? 

I guess....my woman's news is a dumb idea because basically, you can get the info you need from the general news. 

Jet was "news" was always too late. It never had breaking news. It was entertainment focused and not thorough. 

12 minutes ago, peenie said:

I guess....my woman's news is a dumb idea because basically, you can get the info you need from the general news. 

Jet was "news" was always too late. It never had breaking news. It was entertainment focused and not thorough. 

Is there any such thing as breaking news anymore? There used to be a time when a reporter took pride in it because it was hard to find and slow to get out. Nowadays, if Fox finds something first and posts it, CNN is receiving it real time and posting their own version of the breaking news within minutes of the story. Vice versa as well.

Will they be giving  the race of criminals when they put out a description? Whitey don’t play that anymore. 

I bet it doesn’t last one year. 13% isn’t a large target audience to begin with. Take out those that are more interested in breaking the law and drinking Hennessy all day- how many potential viewers are left?

They could have a ticker at the bottom of the screen scrolling with different cities and their murder count for the year. White people could turn it into a fantasy sports game. 

I’ll take Baltimore with my #1 pick. 

6 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

They could have a ticker at the bottom of the screen scrolling with different cities and their murder count for the year. White people could turn it into a fantasy sports game. 

I’ll take Baltimore with my #1 pick. 

Chicago #2 off the board.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Chicago #2 off the board.

Standard scoring or PPN? 

3.03 - Detroit

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I bet it doesn’t last one year. 13% isn’t a large target audience to begin with. Take out those that are more interested in breaking the law and drinking Hennessy all day- how many potential viewers are left?

Will they be broadcasting in ebonics and will it be free access to the channel?