Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

***Official: Volty or Titans, who gets Corona first poll***

***Official: Volty or Titans, who gets Corona first poll***  

15 members have voted

1. 1. So it’s a certainty they both get it at some point soon, who will be first? Bonus prize if your pick dies.

• Volty
    • Titans
    • Edjr from an asian prostitute

Isn't Coronavirus dead in Chiner?  Seems we're a couple weeks too late for this one.  So I'll vote Ed.

• Haha 1

Hardcore or DonS should be the most worried, depending on daycare, working patterns, etc.

Washington and NY seem to be the hotspots.

It's gotta be Titans.  Volty's stuck at home bathing his mother-in-law.  

Yeah, I should be in this!  If there's money involved I can simply take the bus and lick the hand rail. 

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Who will get Corona first?

Titans has already posted that he got a six pack of Corona so he wins.

52 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Titans. He’s banging a Chinese chick

Uh, you think Volty went to Chiner and married an American?

Edjr will be getting a rub and tug in some Asian massage parlor and bust in his own eye. He will squirt sanitizer directly into his eyeball but it will be too late. The transfer will have already taken place. 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Titans has already posted that he got a six pack of Corona so he wins.

I read something about like 80 Iranians died of alcohol poisoning trying to protect themselves from Corona with vodka or something like that.

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

Uh, you think Volty went to Chiner and married an American?

I don’t know his situation. I do know Titans. HTH

Digby34  ain’t getting it. Well, maybe from his wife.  Bruh don’t work and plays video games all day. He’s good. 

Won't be me, I've been self-quarantining for the last 25 years.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

Draw.

They both contract it at the same time pulling an Eiffel tower.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Draw.

They both contract it at the same time pulling an Eiffel tower.

Good call.  Could definitely happen if they fail to make sure that the dude they're plowing is virus free. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Where tf are those two?? 

Sorry. It's was the middle of the night here. And since I haven't been to work in coming up on two months now, my sleep schedule is all focked.

Id say I'm more likely, simply since volty lives in bum fock Egypt, and I live in one of the biggest cities in China, a significant chunk of the population of which is from hubei province (Wuhan).

Of course, volty has a local wife, kids, and In laws, all of whom likely circulate more than I or my wife do. We rarely leave the house during normal times, let alone now.

Now when the students come back, all bets are off. We have 9,000 little germ farms at this school. 

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sorry. It's was the middle of the night here. And since I haven't been to work in coming up on two months now, my sleep schedule is all focked.

Id say I'm more likely, simply since volty lives in bum fock Egypt, and I live in one of the biggest cities in China, a significant chunk of the population of which is from hubei province (Wuhan).

Of course, volty has a local wife, kids, and In laws, all of whom likely circulate more than I or my wife do. We rarely leave the house during normal times, let alone now.

Now when the students come back, all bets are off. We have 9,000 little germ farms at this school. 

Glad to see you are alive! How crazy is it by you? 

At this point, March 11th, it seems to me that each and every one of you guys are more likely to get it than I am. The virus is growing and spreading in the US and everywhere but in China it's been shut down. We've been getting good results because we've over reacted.

Here's a number for you ... 539

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

539 is the number of coronavirus cases in Sichuan ... I check this site every day and it's been the same number, 539, for the last five days. And while the number 539 holds steady, the number of active cases keeps dropping, down to 51 now. For our part, Panzhihua has had 15 of those cases and all 15 now released. We know all fifteen names. We haven't had a new case locally in 17 days.

Now, these are official Chinese government numbers and maybe you think they're fake because fake numbers like this are a totalitarian ChiCom specialty. They're famous for being full of sh*t. But in this case, I don't think so. Beijing is buzzing with high alert on this, local officials can't blow smoke up their boss' ass on this like they can do and do do on everything else. If your hospital ward has six coronavirus cases and your boss reports zero... any member of his staff will get the guy fired. Same if you get a new case, don't report it, and Beijing finds out.

Truth be told, ironically as it sounds, I'm thinking non-Hubei China is the safest place on the planet right now.

Anyway, an easy vote for ed.

59 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Glad to see you are alive! How crazy is it by you? 

Not really crazy at all. City is mostly still shut down. I go to the mall about once a week to buy groceries. Have to go through numerous checkpoints to do so. 

The haircut places finally re opened. I was pretty shaggy after two months without a haircut, so I did that. 

Nothing fun is back open yet. It's still largely a ghost town. 

51 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not really crazy at all. City is mostly still shut down. I go to the mall about once a week to buy groceries. Have to go through numerous checkpoints to do so. 

The haircut places finally re opened. I was pretty shaggy after two months without a haircut, so I did that. 

Nothing fun is back open yet. It's still largely a ghost town. 

Have you wore the ol lady out during the lock down? That's the only thing I would think of doing beside being in front of the TV/video games

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Have you wore the ol lady out during the lock down? That's the only thing I would think of doing beside being in front of the TV/video games

Not really. I guess I'm getting tired of it. Lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not really. I guess I'm getting tired of it. Lol

How have you managed not to kill each other?

My wife and I were relieved that even though her school district is shutdown she still goes to her office to conduct the online meetings with her kids.  Both of us working from home for an extended period of time would not end well. :lol:

51 minutes ago, DonS said:

How have you managed not to kill each other?

My wife and I were relieved that even though her school district is shutdown she still goes to her office to conduct the online meetings with her kids.  Both of us working from home for an extended period of time would not end well. :lol:

Were pretty used to it. I mean, we live and work at the same place anyway. We had been traveling for a month before we got back here and locked in for a month.

For the most part, she stays in the bedroom and watches Netflix. I do the same in the living room.

I do go over to my friends houses to drink from time to time. We all live in the same building, so it's pretty much a dorm atmosphere.

She has been cooking every day, which is nice and all. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Were pretty used to it. I mean, we live and work at the same place anyway. We had been traveling for a month before we got back here and locked in for a month.

For the most part, she stays in the bedroom and watches Netflix. I do the same in the living room.

I do go over to my friends houses to drink from time to time. We all live in the same building, so it's pretty much a dorm atmosphere.

She has been cooking every day, which is nice and all. 

How is her cooking? She isn't Chinese right? Did you make her American up her dishes? 

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

How is her cooking? She isn't Chinese right? Did you make her American up her dishes? 

She's Filipino.

She only makes a handful of dishes. I usually eat a good chunk of my meals out, so it usually doesn't get old.

Right now however, I'm getting sick of them. Her repitoire consists of... 

Adobo - a stew of pork, onion, garlic, potatoes, peppers, and ginger cooked in vinegar and served over rice.

Bicol - same thing really, but chicken and coconut milk instead of vinegar.

She makes a beans and rice thing I like well enough.

Fried rice is a staple for lunch.

I make myself pasta a good bit. Pancakes and bacon and crap.

Between the fact that there is no oven in our house, and lack of ingredient availability (I was gonna get chili makings last week. Couldn't find kidney beans or tomato paste, ground beef is pricey here) we can't make a lot of stuff.

Ive considered getting a small grill, but the meat selection is either awful, or pricey.

The places we used to get delivery from seem to have folded... Number disconnected and everything. 

Considering buying a bread maker... 

She loved the food in America. Especially Memphis BBQ, ribs especially. I would have had to divorce her otherwise. It's bad enough she doesn't really like pizza. 

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

She's Filipino.

She only makes a handful of dishes. I usually eat a good chunk of my meals out, so it usually doesn't get old.

Right now however, I'm getting sick of them. Her repitoire consists of... 

Adobo - a stew of pork, onion, garlic, potatoes, peppers, and ginger cooked in vinegar and served over rice.

Bicol - same thing really, but chicken and coconut milk instead of vinegar.

She makes a beans and rice thing I like well enough.

Fried rice is a staple for lunch.

I make myself pasta a good bit. Pancakes and bacon and crap.

Between the fact that there is no oven in our house, and lack of ingredient availability (I was gonna get chili makings last week. Couldn't find kidney beans or tomato paste, ground beef is pricey here) we can't make a lot of stuff.

Ive considered getting a small grill, but the meat selection is either awful, or pricey.

The places we used to get delivery from seem to have folded... Number disconnected and everything. 

Considering buying a bread maker... 

She loved the food in America. Especially Memphis BBQ, ribs especially. I would have had to divorce her otherwise. It's bad enough she doesn't really like pizza. 

Has she had good pizza yet? I can't imagine there are too many good pizza places in Memphis or China. 

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

Has she had good pizza yet? I can't imagine there are too many good pizza places in Memphis or China. 

There's a couple of good places here actually. Guys from America who hung out a shingle.

We had some in New York as well. It's just not her thing. She always orders pasta at pizza places.

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

Oh sh1t. Don't let this thread turn into a Chicago vs NY style pizza debate!

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Oh sh1t. Don't let this thread turn into a Chicago vs NY style pizza debate!

Chicago. And it's not close. I was actually not impressed with either new York Pizza or hot dogs. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Chicago. And it's not close. I was actually not impressed with either new York Pizza or hot dogs. 

This.  End of that "debate."

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

NY has a particular style of hot dog? What's on it? I know about Chicago style, and I tend to grab one whenever I have a layover in O'Hare. 

Give me NY style pizza though. :argue:

Chicago pizza sucks and NY pizza sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Whatever you eat sucks. 

St. Louis style is the way to go. If I wanted a piece of dough with pizza sauce I would opt for Chicago or NY.