Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

You don't need a mask! Wait you need a mask! If you have a cough! Wait even if you don't have any symptoms!

So, for the record, the medical community recommends that you don't wear a mask if you don't need one. Oh wait, that could be wrong. But clearly if you are coughing  then you are a threat. But wait a minute, if you don't have any symptoms, you could be a deadly carrier! Jesus m************ Christ, are they just making this up as they go along?

28 days seem less chaotic.

The "no mask" is a lie to stop a hoarding of masks, until the government feels that they have a sufficient supply for the medical community.  The guidance towards masks will begin easing in next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So, for the record, the medical community recommends that you don't wear a mask if you don't need one. Oh wait, that could be wrong. But clearly if you are coughing  then you are a threat. But wait a minute, if you don't have any symptoms, you could be a deadly carrier! Jesus m************ Christ, are they just making this up as they go along?

What’s different about this than pretty much anything else the medical community tells us?

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I say no masks

I think you are more at risk by touching stuff and fidgeting with your mask

This makes practically no sense as I've explained in multiple posts/threads.  

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The "no mask" is a lie to stop a hoarding of masks, until the government feels that they have a sufficient supply for the medical community.  The guidance towards masks will begin easing in next week.

This right here. Masks will not help you! But they will help our doctors and nurses.... It's a noble lie at least

Fauci said as much yesterday:

On Tuesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the White House coronavirus task force will be "seriously considering" broader recommendations on mask-wearing for the American public once there's an adequate supply for health care workers.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2020/03/31/critics-questioning-public-health-advice-we-dont-need-masks-coronavirus-covid-19/5089496002/?utm_source=azcentral-Daily Briefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_briefing&utm_term=hero

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Typical medical community.  Remember when 4 out of 5 doctors recommended Marlboros? Remember when eggs, avocados and nuts were going to make your heart explode with cholesterol?   Oh but know the medical "experts" know absolutely with out a doubt that 500,000 - 1,000,000 people in the US are going to die because of this virus.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

100% agree. I have been wearing my masks the last few times I went to the grocery store. Thankfully, I have a few n95's left over from fiberglass work on my boat and various other projects.

I have been saving them for re-use since I have so little. The virus does poorly on porous materials so if I rotate my 3 masks and I only go out once a week it should be alright.

How many trillions of dollars has our incompetent government spent in Iraq and Afghanistan?  Those evil sonsabitches can't kill and maim a few less mooslims over the last twenty years and instead stockpile some PPE in case of a pandemic?  They should all be hung starting with GW.  I hate every last one of them.  And yes, they think we are focking idiots.  Masks are not effective.  Plus if everyone wore a mask then those on the frontlines in the hospitals wouldn't be protected... 

Masks are absolutely good to be wearing and the only reason they said not too was to Void creating a rush on them earlier

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Typical medical community.  Remember when 4 out of 5 doctors recommended Marlboros? Remember when eggs, avocados and nuts were going to make your heart explode with cholesterol?   Oh but know the medical "experts" know absolutely with out a doubt that 500,000 - 1,000,000 people in the US are going to die because of this virus.

The medical community is correct in many cases, they identify  the issue and then solve it: small pox, whooping cough, polio, many types of cancer, etc. This is especially true with modern medicine compared to medicine even 30-50 years ago. You are just concentrating on the few failures.

The medical community fully admits they have no idea what is up with this virus and it is stated as much in many of the studies. Anyone that throws out a number with a small margin of error should not be trusted.

This is what kills me. Really? So if you have no f****** symptoms, in other words are asymptomatic, then you could still be a far worse threat then the guy who has seasonal allergy cough. but God forbid we left that f***** with the seasonal energy costs on the bus, you know hotel, you know boardroom or grocery store. Jesus Christ

21 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

100% agree. I have been wearing my masks the last few times I went to the grocery store. Thankfully, I have a few n95's left over from fiberglass work on my boat and various other projects.

I have been saving them for re-use since I have so little. The virus does poorly on porous materials so if I rotate my 3 masks and I only go out once a week it should be alright.

N95s were hard to get even early on.  I managed to get a 10-pack but I'm saving those in case my daughter with T1 diabetes needs them.  Cloth masks are easy enough to wash in soap and water.

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

for the record, I'm thinking more about AIDS. Jesus, the projections had half the planet being dead 20 years ago. And they had no f****** idea how is transmitted. Remember Ryan White? This is the same thing. These f****** morons have no idea. And the politicians have no f****** idea either.

Honest to Christ, I bet there's going to come a time when we hear that social distancing is actually protecting the virus by preventing antibodies in human beings. Or some other stupid bulshit.

Does that sound far-fetched,? remember when parents used to put kids with chickenpox. Measels in a room together so they get sick at the same time and develop immunity?

Yeah, the one thing about being old, is you have memory and context.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

N95s were hard to get even early on.  I managed to get a 10-pack but I'm saving those in case my daughter with T1 diabetes needs them.  Cloth masks are easy enough to wash in soap and water.

I tried to buy some in early February and could not find any, although I live in a large asian community. If I did not already have some I would have been out of luck.

Wear a mask, just be smart about hand washing and sanitizing, make sure you have a good fit, and don't touch it often. 

so, tell me about homeless shelters. Tell me how hundreds of people within immediate proximity to each other living elbow to Ahole over the last several months aren't dropping dead like motherfuking fruit flies.

See, when you're homeless, you can either be socially distant or shelter in place. But the two are f****** mutually exclusive. There's a great article in the Colorado springs gazette about that.

seriously, tell me how 300 people living at any given rescue mission or homeless shelter in the country together aren't dropping dead or already dead but God forbid we have more than two people in a grocery store at the same time.

we are actually dumber than we were after 9/11. And I thought that wasn't possible.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

don't touch it often. 

No one here can follow that advice. 

5 minutes ago, frank said:

No one here can follow that advice. 

I won a contest.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I won a contest.

Goddammit, that’s what I should have said. :mad:

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

for the record, I'm thinking more about AIDS. Jesus, the projections had half the planet being dead 20 years ago. And they had no f****** idea how is transmitted. Remember Ryan White? This is the same thing. These f****** morons have no idea. And the politicians have no f****** idea either.

Honest to Christ, I bet there's going to come a time when we hear that social distancing is actually protecting the virus by preventing antibodies in human beings. Or some other stupid bulshit.

Does that sound far-fetched,? remember when parents used to put kids with chickenpox. Measels in a room together so they get sick at the same time and develop immunity?

:thumbsup:

Turns out, the feds have outlawed retailers from selling the n95 masks. They have to donate them to medical providers now.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

for the record, I'm thinking more about AIDS. Jesus, the projections had half the planet being dead 20 years ago.

Much like MMGW, right?  

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Masks are absolutely good to be wearing and the only reason they said not too was to Void creating a rush on them earlier

Yep. They are making bad recommendations to avoid a panic, because not only do we not have anywhere near enough, we are sending the ones we do have to other focking countries.

I'm surprised the America first crowd isn't really pissed off about that. 

It's always been BS about the masks. Should have been in masks from the get-go.

7 hours ago, MDC said:

Wiffleball should always wear a mask. 

You mean a helmet

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

You mean a helmet

I think he means a paper bag.

Mask re-use begins at Phoenix hospitals:

Arizona's largest health system is for the first time telling employees to reuse their highly protective N95 masks in an effort to conserve a precious resource.

Phoenix-based, nonprofit Banner Health on Tuesday sent out a notice to employees of the policy change on masks, which was made in anticipation of a surge in patients ill from COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, Chief Clinical Officer Dr. Marjorie Bessel told The Arizona Republic.

I guess re-use is better than nothing after all.  :dunno:

We are re-using our N95s up to five times. At the end of your shift you take it to be collected and sterilized. After the 4th time being sterilized, it is disposed of. 

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

And yet here we are today with effective AIDS treatments and vaccines for Measles and Chicken Pox.  

So the issue isn't getting it right....it's, they don't ace it right away.  Very few do.  :dunno: 

25 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

We are re-using our N95s up to five times. At the end of your shift you take it to be collected and sterilized. After the 4th time being sterilized, it is disposed of. 

How are they sterilizing them?

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Turns out, the feds have outlawed retailers from selling the n95 masks. They have to donate them to medical providers now.

“Outlawed”. “Have to”. Jesus H Christ. If you have to do something it’s not a donation. It’s a seizure. And that’s not what’s happening. Get a grip man