Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Patriots kicker Justin Rohrwasser will get ‘Three Percenters’ tattoo removed

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29106692/patriots-draftee-justin-rohrwasser-remove-controversial-tattoo

New England Patriots rookie kicker Justin Rohrwasser told WBZ-TV in Boston on Monday that he will remove a tattoo on his arm associated with "The Three Percenters" -- a right-wing militia group -- because it doesn't represent who he is.

Rohrwasser, 23, said he was 18 when he got the tattoo.

"As soon as I saw what it was linked to on Saturday, it was exactly that time I knew I had to get it totally taken off my body," he said. "I said cover it up [to reporters], but I want to get it removed from my body. It's shameful that I had it on there ignorantly."

Rohrwasser, who was selected in the NFL draft's fifth round Saturday (No. 159 overall), told Patriots reporters that day that he thought the tattoo stood for supporting the military and said he "should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol like that on my body."

In the television interview Monday, he added, "It was described to me as the percentage of colonists that rose up against the government of the British. I was like, 'Wow, that is such an American sentiment, a patriotic sentiment.' Coming from a military family, I thought that really spoke to me. I always was proud to be an American. I'm very proud to be an American."

On its website, the Three Percenters group says it isn't an anti-government militia, but "we will defend ourselves when necessary."

Rohrwasser, who is from Clifton Park, New York, began his college career at the University of Rhode Island (2015-16) before transferring to Marshall University. He was named Conference USA Special Teams Player of the Year in 2019 after converting 18 of 21 field goals, with a long of 53 yards, while going 35-of-36 on extra points.

Asked by WBZ-TV lead sports reporter Steve Burton on Monday if the tattoo was an issue at Marshall, Rohrwasser said, "No, never. The first time I found out what it was linked to was on Saturday. That's why it was so surprising. ...

"We were celebrating and hugging [on Saturday]. So happy. I went on to Twitter. I saw that someone had taken a picture of me and put it with my tattoo and linking me to some horrific events -- obviously Charlottesville and these horrible things."

Rohrwasser appeared to become emotional in the interview.

"I'm sorry for all my [friends] and family that have to defend me. Putting them in that compromising position is one of the biggest regrets I'll ever have. To them, I'm sorry," he said. "I'm going to learn from this. I'm going to take ownership of it. This is not who I am. No matter what, that's not who I am. Hopefully, you will all find that out."

The Patriots had Rohrwasser as their top-rated kicker and made him the first player at the position selected in this year's draft. The team has a vacancy after releasing its all-time leading scorer, Stephen Gostkowski, in March.

The nutty left is winning people. We need to put a stop to this public shaming and bowing down to them. 

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04/26/17/27674364-8258597-image-m-2_1587919141568.jpg

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

New England Patriots rookie kicker Justin Rohrwasser told WBZ-TV in Boston on Monday that he will remove a tattoo on his arm associated with "The Three Percenters" -- a right-wing militia group -- because it doesn't represent who he is.

Rohrwasser, 23, said he was 18 when he got the tattoo.

"As soon as I saw what it was linked to on Saturday, it was exactly that time I knew I had to get it totally taken off my body," he said. "I said cover it up [to reporters], but I want to get it removed from my body. It's shameful that I had it on there ignorantly."

"I was drunk or drugged out of my mind and didn't know what end was up."

-or-

"I was trying to woo this hot girl and she wanted me to get a tattoo and picked it."

-or-

"I was hacked!"

-----

I still don't understand why the Patriots drafted a kicker in the fifth round...

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cuck

Like Bosa, when he did his apology tour? gross

10 minutes ago, posty said:

"I was drunk or drugged out of my mind and didn't know what end was up."

-or-

"I was trying to woo this hot girl and she wanted me to get a tattoo and picked it."

-or-

"I was hacked!"

-----

I still don't understand why the Patriots drafted a kicker in the fifth round...

Gostkowski was a 4th rounder and just left as the leading scorer in team history.  

They also drafted a punter last year in the 5th.  

I thought Posty doesn’t care about the draft? Or football for that matter? He’s got so much going on in his “life”.  Lol. Clownish. 🤡

phag

"I'm sorry for all my [friends] and family that have to defend me. Putting them in that compromising position is one of the biggest regrets I'll ever have. To them, I'm sorry," he said. "I'm going to learn from this. I'm going to take ownership of it. This is not who I am. No matter what, that's not who I am. Hopefully, you will all find that out."

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Gostkowski was a 4th rounder and just left as the leading scorer in team history.  

Well he does know what he is doing, I just assumed that he didn't draft kickers/punters and got them off of waivers and used those picks to get talent that others by-pass...

Thank you for the information...

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Should have kept Vinatierri

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Should have kept Vinatierri

Saved a bunch of money by going with Gostkowski and (for a while there) had a guy who could boom on kickoffs instead of the short ones that Vinatieri was throwing up there.  

I wish there was a television news network whose sole purpose was to dig up dirt and embarrass other journalists/reporters.  Whether they be print, radio, internet, television, national, or local.  Do nothing else but dig up dirt on them and air it 24/7.   No matter how old or obscure the "news" is,  air it.  Do it to both sides too, not just the liberals.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, posty said:

Well he does know what he is doing, I just assumed that he didn't draft kickers/punters and got them off of waivers and used those picks to get talent that others by-pass...

Thank you for the information...

Go away. 

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I wish there was a television news network whose sole purpose was to dig up dirt and embarrass other journalists/reporters.  Whether they be print, radio, internet, television, national, or local.  Do nothing else but dig up dirt on them and air it 24/7.   No matter how old or obscure the "news" is,  air it.  Do it to both sides too, not just the liberals.

I like it. How about dig up dirt on this twitter slugs that sit around all day playing SJW

15 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I would watch that. Listen to it, whatever. I wanna hear the dirt on Don Lemon and watch the rest of the world pile on him with the same vigor he dishes it out. He would be in a full out sprint to his boyfriend's safe space.

I don't know the kid, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know what it was.  I see nothing wrong with him "acknowledging" what he did, but I see no reason to "apologize" for it.  Kids do stupid crap all the time... they learn... they move on.  As far as I'm concerned, this is an Officer Barbrady moment:  "Move along, nothing to see here".

Sooooo, I guess there have never been any players with a crip or a blood tat? No way, right? 

21 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters

Never heard of this, googled it. 

This group doesn't sound so bad, actually they are "Patriots".  Seems like a perfect tattoo for that team.

I was having a hard time getting upset over them even based on the descriptions from those who were upset. :dunno:

Groups of low-lifes can dress in black, put masks over their faces, go out into traffic and threaten white people if they don't go in the direction they are told to go in, and that's perfectly fine and un-reportable. Supported by local government and police. Put a little tattoo of something that 99.999% of the population has never heard of, and is basically meaningless, and you get mobbed by the media to the point where the only way out is to apologize to everyone on the planet else you and your family and coworkers will be hounded until your employer can't take it anymore and you get let go.

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sooooo, I guess there have never been any players with a crip or a blood tat? No way, right? 

An NFL team is named Panthers and their mascot / logo is a Black Panther.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Were they white?

29 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Groups of low-lifes can dress in black, put masks over their faces,

We all wear masks now :ninja:

I hear Don Lemon has a tramp stamp of "Easy Fishin" on his lower back above a line that disappears into his ahole. Why isn't the media covering this?

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What he should be saying to these people is, "Fvck off. Trump 2020. MAGA!!"

He should cover the tattoo with a MAGA one.  That would be hilarious. 

Most 18 year olds are dumb and I try not to hold that against them. 

Most sensible adults would not have held that tattoo against him even though it is stupid.

It's pretty obvious why the MSM has a problem with the tattoo and it isn't because its "pro gun" or "anti-government".  I'm also confused how the 3 percenters are considered anti-government when they are big supporters of the trump administration. They are anti-globalist if anything. Republicans are such poosays theyll completely de-base themselves and go on an apology tour just so the social justice warriors will give them a little less heat. Oathkeepers are better.

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

https://www.newsbusters.org/

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

He's from the town I grew up in

Racist.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, KSB2424 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters

Never heard of this, googled it. 

This group doesn't sound so bad, actually they are "Patriots".  Seems like a perfect tattoo for that team.

Here's the rule:

Black pride - ok

Jewish pride - ok

Muslim pride - ok

Gay pride - ok

Spanish pride - ok

Woman pride - ok

Asian pride - ok

Pedophile pride - ok

Trans pride - ok

White pride - racist.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, Thornton Melon said:

So do I :dunno:

You focking racist POS Nazi!!!

That's apparently not enough. 

Bowing to libruhl pressure, Robert Kraft has banned all 2% milk from team facilities. 

Patriots fifth-round K Justin Rohrwasser has had his "Three Percenters" militia tattoo removed. 

The far-right group has been associated with racism. Rohrwasser claimed ignorance when it became a controversy following his draft selection, saying he merely thought it was a military tribute. That, of course, strains belief. He vowed to have it removed and has followed through on doing so. "I’m going to learn from this," Rohrwasser claimed. We would certainly hope so. Rohrwasser's draft capital makes him the heavy favorite to replace Stephen Gostkowski in New England. 

To be fair, he didn't say he was changing his political beliefs.  He said he was removing a tattoo and "would learn from this".  That could mean his political beliefs may be moving further to the right.

• Thanks 1