KSB2424

Ahmaud Arbery

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

It's small little changes like this the media does to twist the story. The media makes it look like they chased this guy down in a car and shot him like a dog on the side of the road.

I’ll be honest, this is how I thought it went down when I initially heard the story. 

7 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’ll be honest, this is how I thought it went down when I initially heard the story. 

Yeah I think we've seen this story play out so many times where we get video or a narrative and then surprise surprise it turns out differently. 

I will say this is a direct consequence of the pro gun folks who want to openly carry. You are going to inevitably have these instances where people take the law into their own hands and decide who is a threat,  decide who is suspicious. These 2 hillbillies decided they wanted to draw guns to stop a guy... Pretty sure their lives were not in danger. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I just don't think chased is the right word.

What would you call it when Dad runs in the house and says "I see the guy, lets go!" , arm themselves, drive after him attempting to intercept him while cutting off his route multiple times?

19 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Pretty sure their lives were not in danger. 

You could argue your life is in danger when youre fighting over a shotgun. Its all the things leading up that are the questions. The issue with these guys will be if they were attempting an illegal  detention.  If so, homeboy was in his rights to fight to get away. I just dont see how they were in the boundaries of a  citizens arrest.

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You could argue your life is in danger when youre fighting over a shotgun. Its all the things leading up that are the questions. The issue with these guys will be if they were attempting an illegal  detention.  If so, homeboy was in his rights to fight to get away. I just dont see how they were in the boundaries of a  citizens arrest.

True but you don't have to introduce a shotgun to fight over in a non lethal situation.  I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

True but you don't have to introduce a shotgun to fight over in a non lethal situation.  I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Agreed. Did you see their reasoning for arming themselves?  Because they saw him put his hands in his pants on a previous occasion.  If these guys really did so much to place themselves in this position, self defense doesnt apply.

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

If he was just out for a jog, :dunno:

Yeah, that was a stupid, but not surprising narrative.

Based on the video, I see is a guy running, a truck up ahead of him blocking the road, he goes around the truck to the right and comes back around to the left side engaging with an man armed with a rifle for a few seconds and I hear shots going off.

We don't know how far he was from his home, what he had been doing before, why the truck had stopped, or why the vehicle behind was filming him. Frankly, I don't have video resolution quality enough to tell if he was wearing boots or running shoes. He's surely unarmed and if he'd stole something, he dropped it before filming started.  I don't rightly trust what I learn from the MSM, especially in racially charged stories like this, I also worry the posters in this thread may well be embellishing things.

Cops have plenty of training on how to apprehend a suspect. I think confronting an unarmed person while holding a rifle is not something they are taught. Another bad decision is trying to grab "who the fock are you" 's rifle. I mean if I were innocent or if I were guilty, coming across two guys with guns in a pickup truck setting up a roadblock has got to be pretty scary. I mean, the guy is running, he's not carrying anything, whatever he'd done before to cause these other guys concern enough to confront him .... well we'll hear about that.... snooping around a construction site?.. construction sites are interesting ... this looks really bad for the shooters.

• Sad 1

I'm not claiming that the two hillbillies are the brightest fellows, but how were they to know that Ahmed the Jogger wasn't armed? Statistics say that Ahmed was more likely to shoot them than the other way around.

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Based on the video, I see is a guy running, a truck up ahead of him blocking the road, he goes around the truck to the right and comes back around to the left side engaging with an man armed with a rifle for a few seconds and I hear shots going off.

We don't know how far he was from his home, what he had been doing before, why the truck had stopped, or why the vehicle behind was filming him. Frankly, I don't have video resolution quality enough to tell if he was wearing boots or running shoes. He's surely unarmed and if he'd stole something, he dropped it before filming started.  I don't rightly trust what I learn from the MSM, especially in racially charged stories like this, I also worry the posters in this thread may well be embellishing things.

Cops have plenty of training on how to apprehend a suspect. I think confronting an unarmed person while holding a rifle is not something they are taught. Another bad decision is trying to grab "who the fock are you" 's rifle. I mean if I were innocent or if I were guilty, coming across two guys with guns in a pickup truck setting up a roadblock has got to be pretty scary. I mean, the guy is running, he's not carrying anything, whatever he'd done before to cause these other guys concern enough to confront him .... well we'll hear about that.... snooping around a construction site?.. construction sites are interesting ... this looks really bad for the shooters.

I posted the link on the last page but it sounds like there were some burglaries in that area and then they see this guy sneaking around for a couple minutes on this construction site. 

The video doesn't show the guy taking anything but he is looking around like hes looking for something to take. Can't explain it. Certainly doesn't look like hes examining construction specs...or that hes vastly interested in carpentry.

2 white guys assume that at him and they are going to play hero.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'm not claiming that the two hillbillies are the brightest fellows, but how were they to know that Ahmed the Jogger wasn't armed? Statistics say that Ahmed was more likely to shoot them than the other way around.

The entire encounter with Ahmed could have been avoided by father/son.  Be a good witness.

Even better video of the black guy B&E. 

Weird how they only show us the same 3 seconds over and over

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The entire encounter with Ahmed could have been avoided by father/son.  Be a good witness.

You know that's one of the differences between white culture and other cultures. White communities are nice and safe because in general we care and watch out for each other. "That's not my job" is for inner city and other cultures. 

So yeah the father son could let this dude continue to vandalize and steal from their community or they could do something about it.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

He wasn't armed so he couldn't have been brandishing a weapon. I guess he could have a belt and a holster on that belt, and my video resolution leaves much to be desired, but he looks to be wearing a kind of knee length shorts that don't take well to a belt.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I dont think anyone is disputing dude being a sh!tbag.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You know that's one of the differences between white culture and other cultures. White communities are nice and safe because in general we care and watch out for each other. "That's not my job" is for inner city and other cultures. 

So yeah the father son could let this dude continue to vandalize and steal from their community or they could do something about it.

I cant disagree with much of this post.  The only issue was their "something" they decided to do was illegal.

27 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I posted the link on the last page but it sounds like there were some burglaries in that area and then they see this guy sneaking around for a couple minutes on this construction site. 

The video doesn't show the guy taking anything but he is looking around like hes looking for something to take. Can't explain it. Certainly doesn't look like hes examining construction specs...or that hes vastly interested in carpentry.

2 white guys assume that at him and they are going to play hero.

Oh that.  He was just making sure they were using mold-resistant drywall on the job.

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I dont think anyone is disputing dude being a sh!tbag.

He was just out for a jog....

Is it hard to move the goal post over and over again?

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I cant disagree with much of this post.  The only issue was their "something" they decided to do was illegal.

How so?

16 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I agree that we'd have been better served seeing the three minutes rather than this clip over and over. The jogging story holds up at least so far as far as the clothes go; he is wearing running shoes not work boots and if he's going to steal anything, he's woefully unprepared for stashing it anywhere.

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

He didn't steal anything.. was the site vandalized? Like you say, we only see 3 seconds. 

27 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

By that logic, can’t you basically try to detain anyone for any reason and then shoot in “self defense” if it goes wrong?

I think these two morons get manslaughter at least.

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Don’t the local police records only show reports of one theft in the prior 6-7 weeks (a gun from an unlocked car of one of the defendants)?

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

He didn't steal anything.. was the site vandalized? Like you say, we only see 3 seconds. 

How are you so sure he didn't steal anything? Are you as sure he didn't steal anything as some are that he was just out for a jog? Does it matter if he stole anything? His death is because he attacked a guy with a weapon and take that weapon from him.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How so?

Obviously the court will decide the legality, but theres enough out there to make an informed decision. The dude had no grounds to legally initiate any kind of pursuit or detention.  He did not witness a crime. And, in Georgia, the crime has to be a felony to persue and detain someone. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

By that logic, can’t you basically try to detain anyone for any reason and then shoot in “self defense” if it goes wrong?

I think these two morons get manslaughter at least.

"Self defense" why do you say it like that?

The video is clear he ran at them starting fighting and attempted to take the other guys weapon. How is it not self defense at that point?

You're holding on the glass narrative the white guys ran him down and shot him like a dog. The video proves that didn't happen

Just now, Cdub100 said:

How are you so sure he didn't steal anything? Are you as sure he didn't steal anything as some are that he was just out for a jog? Does it matter if he stole anything? His death is because he attacked a guy with a weapon and take that weapon from him.

The son gets out of the drivers door to initiate contact with sh!tbag while armed with long gun. When sh!tbag goes around the passenger side, son goes to front of truck to initiate encounter and the sh!tbag is in the wrong for trying to fight his way out of an attempted illegal detention?  

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Obviously the court will decide the legality, but theres enough out there to make an informed decision. The dude had no grounds to legally initiate any kind of pursuit or detention.  He did not witness a crime. And, in Georgia, the crime has to be a felony to persue and detain someone. 

Okay so you don't know the law. You just pretend like it was illegal 

Just a quick question. At what point did the white guys detain him?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fireballer said:

The son gets out of the drivers door to initiate contact with sh!tbag while armed with long gun. When sh!tbag goes around the passenger side, son goes to front of truck to initiate encounter and the sh!tbag is in the wrong for trying to fight his way out of an attempted illegal detention?  

That's not what the video shows. Stop lying.

• Confused 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

That's not what the video shows. Stop lying.

Lmao...what part of "stop, we want to talk to you" can be misrepresented?  They are attempting an illegal detention.  No ifs, ands, or buts. And if you cant see the son is in front of the truck when this starts, youre blind.  He has ZERO self defense claim when he is initiating this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

He didn't have a backpack, he had nothing in his hands, if he had shoved something up his a$$ he wouldn't have been running so normally.

And it matters to me. I want to see him go apesh*t at the construction site so I feel they had some grounds to pursue him. Stopping to check out a construction site while in a run is not abnormal. Driving up to a construction site, checking around, then running away would be abnormal.

If this guy is within jogging distance of his house and came up to the site on foot (he clearly left on foot) ... there's no reason to follow let alone confront him with a rifle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

He didn't have a backpack, he had nothing in his hands, if he had shoved something up his a$$ he wouldn't have been running so normally.

And it matters to me. I want to see him go apesh*t at the construction site so I feel they had some grounds to pursue him. Stopping to check out a construction site while in a run is not abnormal. Driving up to a construction site, checking around, then running away would be abnormal.

If this guy is within jogging distance of his house and came up to the site on foot (he clearly left on foot) ... there's no reason to follow let alone confront him with a rifle.

I dont think there is any dispute this guy was not on a jog and was probably snooping around to steal some shat.  

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How do you know this?

In one sentence you are questioning how someone is sure he wasn’t stealing and then you go right into stating something that has still not been proven.

I have heard reports that there was a gun shot right before the actual physical altercation with ahmaud and the son.  has anyone else seen/heard this?  

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

"Self defense" why do you say it like that?

The video is clear he ran at them starting fighting and attempted to take the other guys weapon. How is it not self defense at that point?

You're holding on the glass narrative the white guys ran him down and shot him like a dog. The video proves that didn't happen

I’m no fake lawyer, but I think the prosecution could successfully argue that their own recklessness created a situation where self defense was warranted.

• Like 1

Is it safe for LeBron and other black people to go jogging now? 

12 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I have heard reports that there was a gun shot right before the actual physical altercation with ahmaud and the son.  has anyone else seen/heard this?  

I heard the same thing when I saw the video being played on TV.  However, who knows whether that was the original video or not?

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it safe for LeBron and other black people to go jogging now? 

In the backwoods of Georgia?  Probably not.