Fireballer

Man dies after encounter with Minneapolis Police

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I'll give you a chance too.  Since everyone else has failed. What other evidence could possibly exist that would change uninterrupted video of a police officer kneeling on the neck of an unarmed civilian until that civilian's death.  I''ll wait for the silence...

Another day...another day you're getting eviscerated. You have an actual expert in this telling you....clean the protein shake out of your ears.

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Another day...another day you're getting eviscerated. You have an actual expert in this telling you....clean the protein shake out of your ears.

So instead of you answering the question, you decide to attack. Nice

I'll list you as Trumptard #6 who failed to answer a very simple question.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They are hoping he bites a bullet and saves them some aggravation? :dunno:

Most likely, they need to actually have a murder and are awaiting the coroner's report on CoD. There is a process that should be followed to ensure that any conviction isn't kicked on a technicality.

This.

If they rush out and charge him with 1st degree murder, like they tend to do in these cases, and can't get a conviction on murder 1, then the rioting starts all over. 

Better to gather all the facts, charge him with something that will stick and get a conviction. 

The authorities in Minneapolis are actually doing their best to make sure these cops get it as hard as possible and yet we have these animals behaving like this. 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

This.

He thinks the Democratically controlled state and city are stalling simply to entice people.  Where does he expect a conversation to go at that point?   Why would anybody entertain his retarded ramblings after that?

:dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The authorities in Minneapolis are actually doing their best to make sure these cops get it as hard as possible and yet we have these animals behaving like this. 

The people who riot like this only make things worse.  They're morons.  I honestly think most of them only care about taking advantage of the situation to get some free stuff.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm really trying to refrain from responding to people on Facebook but why is it just automatically racism because it's a white guy and a black guy involved? 

Drives me crazy

The situation fits a narrative that certain elements of society desperately want to be true.   This is what happens when the demand for racism exceeds the supply.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The leadership in this State is almost nonexistent.  Now it is getting exposed on a world wide stage.   It has been this way for years.

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

This.

If they rush out and charge him with 1st degree murder, like they tend to do in these cases, and can't get a conviction on murder 1, then the rioting starts all over. 

Better to gather all the facts, charge him with something that will stick and get a conviction. 

My only worry on the delay is that Floyd did have an underlying issue that caused the death. Still does not exonerate the officer for excessive force and he still may be charged, but it will "look" like a cover up if that is what really happened. 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My only worry on the delay is that Floyd did have an underlying issue that caused the death. Still does not exonerate the officer for excessive force and he still may be charged, but it will "look" like a cover up if that is what really happened. 

But that is the point of not using that tactic. Please refer to the video I posted.

Just now, Bert said:

The leadership in this State is almost nonexistent.  Now it is getting exposed on a world wide stage.   It has been this way for years.

That's the sad part, Trump is going to have to bring in the National Guard to handle this situation and the blame lands squarely on the shoulders of the Democrats in charge.  Somehow though, this will all be Trump's fault.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

But that is the point of not using that tactic. Please refer to the video I posted.

Again, I said that it did not exonerate the officer. Still canned and still probably charged with something, but he isn't charged with murder. People will freak if that happens.

Just now, Reality said:

This.

He thinks the Democratically controlled state and city are stalling simply to entice people.  Where does he expect a conversation to go at that point?   Why would anybody entertain his retarded ramblings after that?

:dunno:

This guy has had 18 formal complaints of police brutality and every case is marked as "closed" "non-public" and "no discipline". There is a murder caught on camera. From beginning to end. Complete with victim gasping for air, pleading with the killer for his life, and talking to his deceased mom.  It took the Georgia AD about 4 hours to charge the rednecks with murder. And at least that was preceded by a struggle.  There was no struggle here.  Just a cop kneeling on a black man's neck until he was dead. And three days later, no arrest.  This is why cities burn.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

That's the sad part, Trump is going to have to bring in the National Guard to handle this situation and the blame lands squarely on the shoulders of the Democrats in charge.  Somehow though, this will all be Trump's fault.

National Guard has already been brought in. I don't think Trump will be using Federal powers in this one. He was grandstanding.

28 minutes ago, The Observer said:

So if I am caught on camera literally choking someone to death, you would consider my arrest to be willy-nilly?

If you literally choke someone "to death", then yes you should be arrested and charged with murder.  The issue lies in the fact of whether your choke hold actually "caused" the death.  That cant be seen my observing video.  Hence, the Eric Garner situation.  

I personally think be will eventually be charged with 3rd degree, or no murder charge at all if the cause of death isnt anoxia.

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes.  Like they did when they arrested the CNN reporter and crew.  So diligent they are. 🤣

This video proves a few things...

1) These cops clearly did not execute their duties in a way I would like them to......if they were following dept doctrine then that doctrine needs to be sh!tcanned and rebuilt.

2) The cops need to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law for this, their inaction to address his medical distress is not acceptable.......if the law does not meet the pre-conceived desires of the mob, the mob needs to vote in new people to change the laws.

3) This local police dept needs to take a step back and self-examine.....everything because there seems to be a deeper problem than just this event at play.

4) The Justice Dept needs to look into this, and partner with the local police dept to improve.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

National Guard has already been brought in. I don't think Trump will be using Federal powers in this one. He was grandstanding.

Don't mind Trump.  Just the leader of the country calling for the murder of american citizens

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is a tough thing to implement, some moron will attempt to suggest he is calling for the murder of american citizens, he needs to be careful to watch out for the galatically stupid

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

This guy has had 18 formal complaints of police brutality and every case is marked as "closed" "non-public" and "no discipline". There is a murder caught on camera. From beginning to end. Complete with victim gasping for air, pleading with the killer for his life, and talking to his deceased mom.  It took the Georgia AD about 4 hours to charge the rednecks with murder. And at least that was preceded by a struggle.  There was no struggle here.  Just a cop kneeling on a black man's neck until he was dead. And three days later, no arrest.  This is why cities burn.

They weren’t all brutality. Stop making things up and stick to the facts. God, it just seems you’re incapable of telling the truth when you get in a tizzy. Calm down. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

If you literally choke someone "to death", then yes you should be arrested and charged with murder.  The issue lies in the fact of whether your choke hold actually "caused" the death.  That cant be seen my observing video.  Hence, the Eric Garner situation.  

What????   You thinking natural causes?  Maybe it was cancer?  Or Covid-19.   😆

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

Minority CNN reporter Omar Jimenez and his camera crew were arrested this morning on the streets of Mineapolis. Not sure why. That's right, a news reporter of color was arrested before the cop who murdered the black guy was. Let that sink in

I just watched this and seems pretty stupid on the surface. The cops certainly had the opportunity "meet in the middle" with the camera crew.  They offered to move wherever.  The goal here shoulda been compliance, not arrest.

If the officer placed a pillow over the George's face and applied pressure so he couldn't breath and he died you would automatically feel and know it was done purposely because you've seen it happen so many times in tv shows and in the movies. Because you are clearly unfamiliar with seeing this tactic, you erroneously believe that anyone should be able to survive pressure applied in this way. I would've died for sure.

Stoughton, co-author of "Evaluating Police Uses of Force," identified three ways officers can cause potential injury using the knee-to-neck method.
The first, he said, is keeping suspects in the prone position, meaning they lie face-down with their hands cuffed behind their backs, for an extended period of time. It's a dangerous position, Stoughton said, because it's known to cause what's called positional asphyxia.
Someone in that position can draw enough breath to gasp or speak in spurts, but they can't breathe fully, so they gradually lose oxygen and fall unconscious.
Stoughton, who is a former officer, said police departments emphasize keeping someone in the prone position just long enough to restrain them, then take them out of it either by rolling them onto their side, sitting them up or having them stand.
Another potential injury involves the placement of pressure. A great deal of pressure and weight on a suspect's neck can cause fatal damage.
In his book on use of force, Stoughton wrote, "Officers should avoid putting their body weight on the subject's neck or head; the pressure of such a position can fracture the hyoid bone or cervical spine, depending on the position of the subject's head."
Finally, any officers involved in this maneuver must closely monitor the suspect's well-being, he said. Kneeling on their neck for an extended period of time could be fatal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

There's no one asking to bypass legal process.  I want this guy to have a proper investigation and a fair trial.  The reason people are rioting is because three days have passed now and they still haven't charged this guy with murder.  Normally, when a murder occurs, you need to investigate. Interview witnesses. Look for a motive. Search for a weapon. How often to you get to see the entire murder unfold before your eyes on video? You don't even need to interview anyone. There is 9 minutes of actual murder footage. Complete with the victim pleading for his life. This arrest should have happened on Tuesday.  It's now Friday. 

The legal process doesn't work that fast. 

Even IF someone walked up, live on facebook or national TV and said "I am now going to murder you, I've been planning it for months" then pulled out a gun and shot the guy in the head and killed him, there STILL would be a "lengthy" process.   Should he just be dragged off the side and shot and buried, yes...but...to stay consistent for everyone, they need to follow the the (lengthy) process. 

Same with the dude that murdered the cop in ND when the cop was serving eviction papers. Is he guilty? Yes. Should he get to go through the process (which WILL be lengthy)?  Of course.   Did they arrest him already? Yes. 

The best analogy is officer Nuur - 18 months ago in Minneapolis.  He wasn't arrested right away.  Took a long time. 

An attorney once told me "Our legal system isn't perfect, but it's the only legal system we've got" 

To this day I remember that, it always rings true. 

Minneapolis, I’d like to introduce you to Baltimore.  Baltimore, this is Minneapolis. You two should talk. 

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

What????   You thinking natural causes?  Maybe it was cancer?  Or Covid-19.   😆

Uh...no one knows, thats why theres an autopsy, toxicolgy, etc.  What my gut tells me is that this cop pressed his knee on his neck long enough and hard enough, occluding his carotid artery, to cause anoxia.  But my gut feeling dont mean sh!t in this situation.

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

If the officer placed a pillow over the George's face and applied pressure so he couldn't breath and he died you would automatically feel and know it was done purposely because you've seen it happen so many times in tv shows and in the movies. Because you are clearly unfamiliar with seeing this tactic, you erroneously believe that anyone should be able to survive pressure applied in this way. I would've died for sure.

Strawman aside, I think you make a valid point albeit a bit clumsily.   I would be suspicious of anyone who might suggest that kneeling on a persons neck for such a duration is acceptable.

And again, was that dept doctrine/training? If so, they have a bigger problem.  If not, these guys need to be "handled" using the processes within that dept and the local judicial system. 

So....while "I", and/or alllllll the people on my street might disagree with allowing the process to unfold....too focking bad, next election I vote in people who will fix this.....I am NOT justified to harm others because my witttulwww feewings are huwt that they did not do things at MY speed.....people need to grow the fock up for a minute

26 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yes.  Like they did when they arrested the CNN reporter and crew.  So diligent they are. 🤣

The media should use the CNN reporter being arrested as a how to act video.  

The death of the dark skin in a tuxedo is the how not to act video.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Uh...no one knows, thats why theres an autopsy, toxicolgy, etc.  What my gut tells me is that this cop pressed his knee on his neck long enough and hard enough, occluding his carotid artery, to cause anoxia.  But my gut feeling dont mean sh!t in this situation.

So what if the stress of not being able to breath, the pressure on his neck, and the fear of dying caused a heart attack?  Are you saying that changes it from murder to just an oopsie?

Just now, The Observer said:

So what if the stress of not being able to breath, the pressure on his neck, and the fear of dying caused a heart attack?  Are you saying that changes it from murder to just an oopsie?

My god. Just stop, would ya? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

My god. Just stop, would ya? 

Another guy who likes to chirp but can't answer my question.   :yawn:

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Theres no way I could make a reasonable guess with out all the info.  I havent looked too much at the MN manslaughter statutes either, but maybe something lesser than murder applies.  I cant see this guy getting off. 

The Use of Force analysis are based on what a reasonable officer would do in the same situation.  What he did was so far off the norm, its unbelievable.  But, all that proves (right now) is that he was guilty of an egregious administrative infraction, as were the other officers.

The feds are involved. I’m betting the delay is if they are going to charge him with a civil rights violation, and make it a federal case. Different ballgame if that happens. If I am the cops I’m hoping that’s not the case. They may not want to though. Let’s say the state for whatever reason loses the case or the sentence isn’t enough. The feds can then come afterwards and charge them with the federal civil rights crimes. They wouldn’t be able to charge him with murder because of double jeopardy. It’s the same thing that happened with Rodney King. The cops  got off on the state charges, but the feds then came along and charged them with the federal civil rights charges. But Newbiejr ESQ doesn’t know these things. He has no experience. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The feds are involved. I’m betting the delay is if they are going to charge him with a civil rights violation, and make it a federal case. Different ballgame if that happens. If I am the cops I’m hoping that’s not the case. They may not want to though. Let’s say the state for whatever reason loses the case or the sentence isn’t enough. The feds can then come afterwards and charge them with the federal civil rights crimes. They wouldn’t be able to charge him with murder because of double jeopardy. It’s the same thing that happened with Rodney King. They got off on the state charges, but the feds then came along and charged them with the federal civil rights charges. But Newbiejr ESQ doesn’t know these things. He has no experience. 

There's no new evidence required. It was murder the first time anyone saw the video on Tuesday and it's murder today.  In 72 hours they couldn't decide if they're going to make it a federal case or not?  72 hours?  When there was no need to gather evidence. It was all right there before everyone's eyes.  The citizens don't give a rat's ass if it's a federal charge or a state charge or a civil rights violation or a citation from the Scooby Gang.  They want this killer charged with murder.  And tonight will be another fun night if they continue dragging their feet and doing nothing.

34 minutes ago, peenie said:

Positional asphyxia is certainly a thing.  Numerous arrestees have died in the back of patrol cars, unattended, while "hog-tied".  I was taught that if it absolutely necessary to hog-tie(handcuffed and legs restrained to hancuffs), you cannot place them prone.  Im betting Hardcore saw a bit of hog-tieing.  It was much more prevalent back in the day.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

There's no new evidence required. It was murder the first time anyone saw the video on Tuesday and it's murder today.  In 72 hours they couldn't decide if they're going to make it a federal case or not?  72 hours?  When there was no need to gather evidence. It was all right there before everyone's eyes.  The citizens don't give a rat's ass if it's a federal charge or a state charge or a civil rights violation or a citation from the Scooby Gang.  They want this killer charged with murder.  And tonight will be another fun night if they continue dragging their feet and doing nothing.

Yeah, you don’t know how it works. It takes one juror for a mistrial. Have you forgotten how the jury system works? The Rodney King beating was on video as well. With a live witness/victim. How did that work out? Try to listen and learn for once. 

The first thing the cops defense lawyer is going to do in a state trial is ask for a change of venue out of Minneapolis. And they’ll probably get it. Not a factor in a federal trial generally. See, they are getting it right so these guys don’t walk. 

11 minutes ago, The Observer said:

There's no new evidence required. It was murder the first time anyone saw the video on Tuesday and it's murder today.  

I just dont get it...how can you read some of the responses here, and still be have such an emotional stance on this?  Ive asked that you provide a specific MN code that this meets, and its crickets.  Youre  best assertion was because the white guys in GA were charged with murder. Maybe its murder, maybe its not.  You have zero knowledge, skills, or abilities to say "it was murder the first time anyone saw the video".  I feel like Im reading posts from the crazy Central Park Lady.

• Like 1