jerryskids

I have Cancer :/ -- still doing well

Drip, drip, drip... Treatment #2 is starting today.  They are giving me long- and short-term anti-nausea medication now.  Got a steroid and Benadryl to avoid reactions to the chemo, and I’m feeling kinda loopy from the Benadryl.  Also brought some freezie hands and feet   Paclitaxel/chemo just started, that one is about 2.5-3 hours.  Netflix, here I come! :D 

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Drip, drip, drip... Treatment #2 is starting today.  They are giving me long- and short-term anti-nausea medication now.  Got a steroid and Benadryl to avoid reactions to the chemo, and I’m feeling kinda loopy from the Benadryl.  Also brought some freezie hands and feet   Paclitaxel/chemo just started, that one is about 2.5-3 hours.  Netflix, here I come! :D 

Still watching Breaking Bad?

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hang tough man. 

59 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yep, midway through season 2, just took a break. Walt just got a report from his doctor which was called “cautiously optimistic” so it is giving me hope!  :cheers: 

54 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Hang tough man. 

Thanks man, so far so good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

How long are you going to milk this CurlyNightjr? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

🙏

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

get better Bud! 

You got this dude. 
All 3 of the FFToday people are in your corner.

Hell- you’ve met more actual geeks than just about anyone, enjoyed the geek job, and married the supermodel wife. 
In case you haven’t noticed- you epitomize geekdom.

Yeah. You got this. We are all behind you. (Good grief, that IS a scary thought)

Kick cancer in the nuts Jerry.  

18 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yep, midway through season 2, just took a break. Walt just got a report from his doctor which was called “cautiously optimistic” so it is giving me hope!  :cheers: 

Thanks man, so far so good.

Maybe you'll get to do something like this too:

19 hours ago, edjr said:

How long are you going to milk this CurlyNightjr? 

Hopefully a good 30-40 years, but run out of updates to talk about after two.

22 hours ago, jerryskids said:

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

22 hours ago, Strike said:

Yep.  Got 3 episodes in yesterday, just met Saul.  :thumbsup: 

* BUMP *

Don't tell me I have to go over to Edjr's board and read your thread over there to get updates.

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

* BUMP *

Don't tell me I have to go over to Edjr's board and read your thread over there to get updates.

That thing is still around? Do CN and Artista and Add1ct still post there too? 

12 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

That thing is still around? Do CN and Artista and Add1ct still post there too? 

Did Add1ct every post there?  CN does.  She has her own thread, which is what I was alluding to above.  

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Did Add1ct every post there?  CN does.  She has her own thread, which is what I was alluding to above.  

Ah ok. Hope she's well, I haven't been there in years. 

Thought of ‘Skids in real life last night. Watching Islanders game at local place an old high school friend was there - he moved to Chandler AZ a few years ago. I never heard of Chandler 

Anyway in your corner Jerry

@jerryskids

On 6/12/2021 at 12:44 PM, jerryskids said:

Yep.  Got 3 episodes in yesterday, just met Saul.  :thumbsup: 

:pointstosky:

I was actually upset at the Finale of BB.  Not because of the series finale, but because it was over, and I knew there were no more episodes.    It's the GOAT IMO.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Thought of ‘Skids in real life last night. Watching Islanders game at local place an old high school friend was there - he moved to Chandler AZ a few years ago. I never heard of Chandler 

Anyway in your corner Jerry

@jerryskids

Thanks man.  Chandler is a suburb, I lived there about, hmm, 9 years prior to our current house (20 years in Phoenix officially).  For a long time it competed for the fastest growing city along with Henderson, NV (Vegas suburb).  Now that growth is farther away from city center.  Anyway, nice city, mostly newer, clean, nice houses.  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

:pointstosky:

I was actually upset at the Finale of BB.  Not because of the series finale, but because it was over, and I knew there were no more episodes.    It's the GOAT IMO.  

It's great no doubt, but some of the cancer stuff is still a little close to home.  My latest episode was where he saw a scan which looked like the tumor had grown, and went on a 4 day cooking bender where he almost died.  Then he learned that he is in remission with significant reduction of tumor size and everyone was ecstatic.  Except him:  the episode ends with him in a bathroom pounding a paper towel dispenser in anger.  I can kinda see that -- he had emotionally prepared himself that this was the end, and now it isn't.

My 3rd treatment is a week from tomorrow (7/2), then at some point after that I'll have a scan to see how things are going.  I will be a hot mess in the days waiting for the results. :mellow: 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's great no doubt, but some of the cancer stuff is still a little close to home. 

I can understand that.  :thumbsup:

ETA:  Actually I can't, I have no idea what you are going though, I can only imagine and self reflect.   Just so you know the way you are posting about your experience is commendable and valued.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2021 at 2:44 PM, TheNewGirl said:

Ah ok. Hope she's well, I haven't been there in years. 

Thank you TNG. So far so good. Hope all's well with you! 

On 6/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, jerryskids said:

It's great no doubt, but some of the cancer stuff is still a little close to home.  My latest episode was where he saw a scan which looked like the tumor had grown, and went on a 4 day cooking bender where he almost died.  Then he learned that he is in remission with significant reduction of tumor size and everyone was ecstatic.  Except him:  the episode ends with him in a bathroom pounding a paper towel dispenser in anger.  I can kinda see that -- he had emotionally prepared himself that this was the end, and now it isn't.

My 3rd treatment is a week from tomorrow (7/2), then at some point after that I'll have a scan to see how things are going.  I will be a hot mess in the days waiting for the results. :mellow: 

Totally understand. Keep up the good vibes and thoughts. And keep busy during the times you're waiting with hobbies you enjoy. 🙏🏻

• Thanks 1

Dude, wishing you nothing but the best. Rely on those that love you. Even if you don't want their help, they need to help. Help them to  Feel not so powerless.

Remember that it's okay to rest while others fight for you. This is a relay race; It's expected, that you pass the baton, get some rest, take a breather, while those that love you carry on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Dude, wishing you nothing but the best. Rely on those that love you. Even if you don't want their help, they need to help. Help them to  Feel not so powerless.

Remember that it's okay to rest while others fight for you. This is a relay race; It's expected, that you pass the baton, get some rest, take a breather, while those that love you carry on. 

Thanks.  Funny, I was just talking to my wife about how it is not my way to ask for help, or show weakness.  If this is my time, my goal is to be as normal as I can for as long as I can, which I'm sure will include sucking up some pain and discomfort.  That is what would bring me the most joy though.  That being said, I have been remarkably good (for me) at not pushing too hard.  It helps (or hurts) that in the past week or so I've been somewhat lightheaded, with low blood pressure.  I already have low thyroid from the surgery, and BP/chemo/thyroid are all interrelated.  

Stuart said something interesting, and I paraphrase: "if you die from cancer you didn't lose to it; you won by how you lived your life."  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  Funny, I was just talking to my wife about how it is not my way to ask for help, or show weakness.  If this is my time, my goal is to be as normal as I can for as long as I can, which I'm sure will include sucking up some pain and discomfort.  That is what would bring me the most joy though.  That being said, I have been remarkably good (for me) at not pushing too hard.  It helps (or hurts) that in the past week or so I've been somewhat lightheaded, with low blood pressure.  I already have low thyroid from the surgery, and BP/chemo/thyroid are all interrelated.  

Stuart said something interesting, and I paraphrase: "if you die from cancer you didn't lose to it; you won by how you lived your life."  :thumbsup: 

That was some excellent insight from him. Keep up the fight buddy.

I actually had a CT scan on my throat. It felt like there was swelling or something stuck in my throat constantly. No tumor, but my doc said I have Eagle syndrome. At least its nothing serious. If it was a tumor I would have suspected I caught it from this board

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Love what Stuart said. I'll pass it on.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:15 AM, jerryskids said:

Getting treatment #3 right no, in about the same place as above.  Man that Benadryl is a helluva drug! 🤪

For those following the Breaking Bad drama, Walter just watched Jane die of a heroin OD.  He watched her throw up and suffocate in her own vomit, and didn’t help her.  After all, she knew their secret and had threatened to go public with it.  He continues to evolve (devolve?) into a drug dealer.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Getting treatment #3 right no, in about the same place as above.  Man that Benadryl is a helluva drug! 🤪

For those following the Breaking Bad drama, Walter just watched Jane die of a heroin OD.  He watched her throw up and suffocate in her own vomit, and didn’t help her.  After all, she knew their secret and had threatened to go public with it.  He continues to evolve (devolve?) into a drug dealer.

That scene has always stuck with me.  Really, it haunts me much like Bryan Cranston.  Such a powerful scene, and I was so sad for Jesse after seeing it.  Bryan Cranston's thoughts:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/breaking-bad-bryan-cranston-season-2-jane-death-1202006078/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strike said:

That scene has always stuck with me.  Really, it haunts me much like Bryan Cranston.  Such a powerful scene, and I was so sad for Jesse after seeing it.  Bryan Cranston's thoughts:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/breaking-bad-bryan-cranston-season-2-jane-death-1202006078/

Thanks for the link. :cheers: 

And agreed on the scene.  I figured anyone who has watched it would remember it.  This is beginning to remind me of "A Simple Plan."

Anyway, home from treatment, nothing great to report.  Nurse who put in my IV was cute, and my chemo nurse was cute-ish.  Heading back down to our house tomorrow to spend the weekend... having my wife remind me not to do anything too strenuous.  😁

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Was a great scene.

It was definitely a bookmark, turning of the tide scene in the story.  For multiple characters. 

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

And here I was playing golf this afternoon, being upset at how I finished my final 3 holes. Puts things in perspective. I have not kept up with this thread, probably because I want to just silently hope for you to be alright, my man and was afraid to read any bad news.

Give it hell and know my thoughts are with you. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

We are all rooting for you.  :cheers:    And BB keeps getting better.  You have not hit the high point yet by a longshot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks for the link. :cheers: 

And agreed on the scene.  I figured anyone who has watched it would remember it.  This is beginning to remind me of "A Simple Plan."

Anyway, home from treatment, nothing great to report.  Nurse who put in my IV was cute, and my chemo nurse was cute-ish.  Heading back down to our house tomorrow to spend the weekend... having my wife remind me not to do anything too strenuous.  😁

Can size. :mad:

12 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Can size. :mad:

IV nurse was muscular but not overly so, I'd say a 34B.  Her scrubs were loose enough that when she bent over I got some good boobage/cleavage views; didn't see a bra and there wasn't a lot of support as there was some swaying.  I presume she had some lacy demi cup on with little support, but feel free to insert your own lingerie fantasy.  :thumbsup: 

Demi cup examples, NSFW !$#@!$#!$#

https://www.google.com/search?q=demi+cup+bra+lace&sxsrf=ALeKk02RURVKED4mQIYrawI6hN1LloKsbw%3A1625325133295&ei=TX7gYO-nEcTa-gSTiYOgCA&oq=demi+cup+bra&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BwgAEEcQsAM6BAgjECc6BQguEJECOggIABCxAxCDAToOCC4QsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgUIABCxAzoECC4QQzoHCC4QsQMQQzoECAAQQzoFCAAQkQI6CAguELEDEJECOgoILhCxAxCDARBDOgUILhCxAzoKCC4QsQMQQxCTAjoHCAAQsQMQQzoICC4QsQMQgwE6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6CwguEMcBEK8BEJMCOgIILjoGCAAQFhAeSgQIQRgAUPHUOFij7DhgyaM5aAJwAngAgAGXAYgBlw2SAQQxLjEzmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz