KSB2424

Systemic Racism

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t read it.... so I’ll assume 

:lol:

Whatever makes you feel good, RP.

20 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Dunno.  Didn't link any articles about NYC.  I did link one detailing a racist policy in North Carolina.  Are you suggesting it was not racist?

1.  It’s not a policy in NC, you don’t need to have an ID to vote.  You yourself stated it was struck down.  It was proposed and voted on but struck down.  It’s not currently a law, at least it in NC.

2.  I just read your whole article, the whole basis of its findings were based on a survey of peoples feelings.  

3. Voting ID on its face isn’t racist.  If you were an alien and were simply creating a good way to stop fraud it would make common sense.  The argument is blacks have a harder time getting an ID, so it disproportionately effects them.  Still not sure why that is.  But fine we can add it to the list.

ETA:  I will say this.  It should be free to get a govt ID.  

• Haha 1

Just now, FeelingMN said:

:lol:

Whatever makes you feel good, RP.

I read it. While the outcome may have affected more Black people, the law was the same for everyone. Disagree? 

1.  School Choice

2.  Voter Suppression Laws

3. Affirmative Action (reverse racism)

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read it. While the outcome may have affected more Black people, the law was the same for everyone. Disagree? 

I’m not FM, but of course the LAW itself isn’t racist.  Its the same for everyone. Is having to have a drivers license racist?  Um no, that’s stupid.

The argument is that minorities have a tougher time getting said Identification.  The only valid reason I can think of is cost, which is why a govt ID should be free.

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  School Choice

2.  Voter Suppression Laws

3.  ?

2nd time Affirmative Action, try to keep up

why didn’t you include racial profiling?

what kind list is this?

10 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

2nd time Affirmative Action, try to keep up

why didn’t you include racial profiling?

what kind list is this?

This list is against blacks only

also it’s not a list of individuals who may be racist, not individuals hearts and mind rather the institutional racism. it’s laws or policies, etc.  

Is there police policies that tell officers to racial profile? If so I’ll add it.

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This list is against blacks only

also it’s not a list of individuals who may be racist, not individuals hearts and mind rather the institutional racism. it’s laws or policies, etc.  

Is there police policies that tell officers to racial profile? If so I’ll add it.

Where did you say that? 
That statement is Racist in itself and it says a lot about you. You set the parameters in the OP but you keep wanting to change them. You have made the thread a joke.

Sheriff Joe in Phoenix was charged and convicted Racial Profiling

You are uninformed no wonder you think it doesn’t exist.

19 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Where did you say that? 
That statement is Racist in itself and it says a lot about you. You set the parameters in the OP but you keep wanting to change them. You have made the thread a joke.

In the last paragraph.  Of course  individuals can be racist.  Duh.  Do you really want to list how and when a PERSON was racist, sheesh we’d be here all day.  

This is about how a system, the rules or government law - institution - policy is racist.  You stated that Sherrif was convicted of racial profiling.  That means we have laws in place to prevent it best they can.  The system / control is there.  Good.

Stop and frisk laws - probably racist.  There just thought of one. Do those still exist?  If not can’t use it.

If it makes you happy I’ll add AA even though it’s reverse racism. Cool.

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

In the last paragraph.  Of course  individuals can be racist.  Duh.  Do you really want to list how and when a PERSON was racist, sheesh we’d be here all day.  

This is about how a system or government law - institution - policy is racist.

Stop and frisk laws - probably racist.  There just thought of one. 

Where did you say it was just about Black Americans, Affirmation Action is an excellent example and you refuse to accept it. Where did I mention individuals? I think you have a massive problem and are a

#wasteoftime

19 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Is that the tiger king dude? 

Racist. :lol:

White people are the most victimized people in this country right now. Not black people.

The point of the thread was to identify racist rules, laws, policies, etc that target people of color in 2020.  That’s really all a government can control.  To ensure the rules are fair.  At the end of the day that’s all a society can ask of its govt. 

Changing a persons heart and mind is individual issues.  That’s not what I’m talking about. In fact there will always be stereotyping and groups that don’t like the other for whatever reason.  It’s been happening since the beginning of time.  As long as humans look differently, have different religions or values people will stereotype.  It’s human nature.

But if the laws of the land are neutral to race (for lack of a better term) what else can we really want?

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

Dunno.  Didn't link any articles about NYC.  I did link one detailing a racist policy in North Carolina.  Are you suggesting it was not racist?

I'm suggesting it wasn't racist.  The law required ID to be shown prior to voting.  That was held to be racist with some kind of "surgical precision" toward black people somehow.  What a crock of shiot.  That Court is essentially saying that black people cannot find a way to obtain these id's to enable them to vote - a holding which is quite frankly racist in and of itself.

3 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I'm suggesting it wasn't racist.  The law required ID to be shown prior to voting.  That was held to be racist with some kind of "surgical precision" toward black people somehow.  What a crock of shiot.  That Court is essentially saying that black people cannot find a way to obtain these id's to enable them to vote - a holding which is quite frankly racist in and of itself.

They can buy 40's though!!!!

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

In my state they give you a voter ID when you register. So everyone should have at least that.

5 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

My issue is cost.  Essentially if you are required to have an ID to vote, then there is Fee to get an ID that is essentially a polling tax.  Not cool and prolly falls within the right to vote.  That to me is a valid REASON.

Saying it’s somehow a burden to physically get off your ass to go get it?  That’s an excuse.  And I’m pretty sure they have instances (similar to absentee voting) where you can have one delivered.  For instance a homeboud elderly person.  Just being lazy is not a reason that’s an excuse.

2 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

In my state they give you a voter ID when you register. So everyone should have at least that.

That makes to much sense.

Just now, KSB2424 said:

That makes to much sense.

It tells you the address of where you have to go to vote. That changes and they send you an updated card. Come on, if Florida can figure this out...

3 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

It tells you the address of where you have to go to vote. That changes and they send you an updated card. Come on, if Florida can figure this out...

It's just a receipt (card) with your name and address on it when you register to vote.  Which is free.  To easy.

Look, I think everyone should vote, and we should make it as easy as possible.  However you have to have some sort of system in place, it cant be just a fee for all.   

1.  I love early voting, it spreads the crowds out and gives you more options of days

2.  If you are out of town in fall, overseas (military), home bound, or scared of the Covid-19 then you can get an absentee ballot and vote from home.  Good!

3.  Have as many polling places as you can, now I believe it relies on volunteers to run so there are thresholds but try to have as many places as you can easily accessible.

But getting a free card when you register to vote that you have to present seems really easy and a no-brainer.  

Speaking of which, I just read that only 20% of NBA players are registered to vote.  These are young, wealthy, healthy people.  

Colin Kaepernick has admitted to never voting before.  

But if you "polled" them they would say a voter ID card was hard to get and The Atlantic would print a story using that polling as proof of racism.  

Everybody has an ID. Making it a racist issue is just plain stupid. I grew up directly in the fkn ghetto, ID's were never an issue. You needed it to cash those checks on the 1st & 15th.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Speaking of which, I just read that only 20% of NBA players are registered to vote.  These are young, wealthy, healthy people.  

But if you "polled" them they would say a voter ID card was hard to get and The Atlantic would print a story using that polling as proof of racism.  

I ask people if they vote and if they say no, I say, "Then your opinion doesn't matter."

• Thanks 1

Just now, Reality said:

Everybody has an ID. Making it a racist is just plain stupid. I grew up directly in the fkn ghetto, ID's were never an issue. You needed it to cash those checks on the 1st & 15th.

That's what I was thinking. How do you cash checks? Direct Deposit. I think you need an ID to open an account. Maybe I'm missing something.

Just now, The Elevator Killer said:

That's what I was thinking. How do you cash checks? Direct Deposit. I think you need an ID to open an account. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's actually disrespectful to black folks that people think they are too focking stupid to get an ID.

It's a non-issue, the only people fighting against voter ID are people who covertly support voter fraud. It's that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Where did you say that? 

There is no crime of racial profiling. What are you taking about? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is no crime of racial profiling. What are you taking about. 

Correct. It's actually an important technique used in many ways.

54 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My issue is cost.  Essentially if you are required to have an ID to vote, then there is Fee to get an ID that is essentially a polling tax.  Not cool and prolly falls within the right to vote.  That to me is a valid REASON.

Saying it’s somehow a burden to physically get off your ass to go get it?  That’s an excuse.  And I’m pretty sure they have instances (similar to absentee voting) where you can have one delivered.  For instance a homeboud elderly person.  Just being lazy is not a reason that’s an excuse.

I'm not digging into this deeper since I believe it's a farce in the first place, but I'd be shocked if the State didn't give some kind of photo ID out for free if you asserted you couldn't afford it.  Again, if you are voting age and don't have some kind of photo ID, you're like Carl from Slingblade or something.

How is a voter ID law racist?  They need an ID to get food stamps and buy malt liquor. 

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

No way! That can’t be true. It has been pounded in my head how important it is to vote. 

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

No way! That can’t be true. It has been pounded in my head how important it is to vote. 

Voter registration is public, apparently somebody looked it up.  I’ll try to find it.

Racism against blacks is what gets the cops called on them when they are just trying to do normal things. It’s what gets them kicked out of places when a white guy does the same and gets away with it. It might get them pulled over more. Racism does NOT get black men killed by cops. That is 100% their own doing. Black men are not being “hunted down” by cops. 

Baker Boy I don't care if you call me out directly. You actually did though even though you said you did not. You quoted me so I responded to your claim of me classifying all black men as belligerent which I did not do. I classified belligerent black men as belligerent which they are indeed and is the apex of almost all of these cases of police brutality.

A set of rules are for everyone. Poor don't get a pass, disabled don't get a pass. The rule of law is for everyone to follow. Leave your circumstances at the door. You can't do whatever you want because of circumstances. The law is the law. If there is a warrant out for your arrest being poor or rich does not matter. I will concede though, being Bill Cosby, a Clinton they will try to call off the dogs as best they can.    

38 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Sheriff Arpaio guilty of racial profiling, but survives recall

http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/sheriff-arpaio-guilty-racial-profiling-bu

Exactly. The law is the law. Doesn't matter if one is a prominent sheriff or low level drug dealer in Chicago. It applies to all. Circumstances have no bearing on breaking the rule of law. Bashing police for enforcing it is wrong on every level. Especially when they are trying to enforce it with people resisting the enforcement of it like damn near every single one of of these black cases. 

Apparently now they can grab a knife and attack police. After the stabbing then the police can shoot but only if stabbed? Maybe just follow the rules of engagement. Someone goes for a knife they can be shot until killed? Oh, that was the policy already nevermind. Public outrage...meh. Yeah. I will show you outrage Baker Boy. Let me stab you with a knife while you have a loaded weapon and shame you for firing. GTFOH.

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Exactly. The law is the law. Doesn't matter if one is a prominent sheriff or low level drug dealer in Chicago. It applies to all. Circumstances have no bearing on breaking the rule of law. Bashing police for enforcing it is wrong on every level. Especially when they are trying to enforce it with people resisting the enforcement of it like damn near every single one of of these black cases. 

Apparently now they can grab a knife and attack police. After the stabbing then the police can shoot but only if stabbed? Maybe just follow the rules of engagement. Someone goes for a knife they can be shot until killed? Oh, that was the policy already nevermind. Public outrage...meh. Yeah. I will show you outrage Baker Boy. Let me stab you with a knife while you have a loaded weapon and shame you for firing. GTFOH.

I’m just giving examples to this stupid thread. They tried to recall him but it failed. The people have spoken.

The only problem with Racial Profiling is that it works.

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

I’m just giving examples to this stupid thread. They tried to recall him but it failed. The people have spoken.

The only problem with Racial Profiling is that it works.

You are presenting a red herring. Something that draws one away from a relevant issue at hand which is black / white police brutality.  The thread is not stupid. Common tactic though of people today. Use profanity or call something stupid while avoiding the main topic of discussion because their point of view has been exposed as deficient of substance. 

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Sheriff Arpaio guilty of racial profiling, but survives recall

http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/sheriff-arpaio-guilty-racial-profiling-bu

Yeah, that’s a word play. He was told to stop doing something by the court, he wasn’t found guilty of a crime . If it’s a crime and he’s guilty, what was his punishment? Just because the reporter worded it like  that doesn’t make it so.  Not exactly fake news, but a fake headline. 

The article is from 7 years ago. Remember that time you forgot to take out the garbage 7 years ago. Oh I will remind you for the next 7 years and pretty much forever even though it's not a crime or illegal. Doesn't matter. You are a horrible person and should be in prison forever...meh.