Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Laviska Shenault

Recommended Posts

I’m staying away from any Jags not named Chark. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m staying away from any Jags not named Chark. 

 

I hear ya, but you have to admit they will be throwing a lot. Menshew isnt terrible

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to avoid players who would be fantasy-irrelevant in 20 team leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Picked him off waivers this morning, looks like he has some promise. Any thoughts ?

Dede Westbrook is supposedly falling out of favor in Duval. If that is the case, it means Chark could push for 150 targets and he's just be assuming about a quarter of Minshew's throws. Shenault could honestly set a record for the number of bubble screens and Wildcat carries a receiver has seen in a season if Westbrook is not going to be a major part of the action. I don't think 25-plus carries and 90 targets is out of the question for him.

I'm getting Shenault quite often in the 15th round of my high-stakes drafts and he's moved up into about the 11th round range on my board.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Dede Westbrook is supposedly falling out of favor in Duval. If that is the case, it means Chark could push for 150 targets and he's just be assuming about a quarter of Minshew's throws. Shenault could honestly set a record for the number of bubble screens and Wildcat carries a receiver has seen in a season if Westbrook is not going to be a major part of the action. I don't think 25-plus carries and 90 targets is out of the question for him.

I'm getting Shenault quite often in the 15th round of my high-stakes drafts and he's moved up into about the 11th round range on my board.

Yeah, but your rankings forgot that Conley was even there until about a week ago.

In reality, Shenault will probly be the 5th or 6th target in a bad offense.  Draft accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, but your rankings forgot that Conley was even there until about a week ago.

In reality, Shenault will probly be the 5th or 6th target in a bad offense.  Draft accordingly.

Thanks for the laughs AxeElf... keep them coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Thanks for the laughs AxeElf... keep them coming. 

Unfortunately, the annual shift from laughs at Axe Elf's fantasy football predictions to mealymouthed excuses about why Axe Elf was right again isn't under Axe Elf's control.  It is merely the inexhorable passage of time that effects that change on an annual basis.

So I will keep the laughs coming for as long as I can, but alas, the start of the season is about to end all that, once again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, AxeElf said:

Unfortunately, the annual shift from laughs at Axe Elf's fantasy football predictions to mealymouthed excuses about why Axe Elf was right again isn't under Axe Elf's control.  It is merely the inexhorable passage of time that effects that change on an annual basis.

So I will keep the laughs coming for as long as I can, but alas, the start of the season is about to end all that, once again...

This guy will be a top WW PU next Tuesday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jags, historically have been great for producing garbage time gold from unexpected places. I'm curious to see how the reps shake out, and honestly I'm  a little perplexed with the whole Dede and Keelan thing... is this legit? Is Dede really last on rhe depth chart?

If Shenault truly is the 2/3 guy, he could produce during some favorable matchups. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 6:10 PM, snatchit said:

Picked him off waivers this morning, looks like he has some promise. Any thoughts ?

I took him with my last pick in a keeper league.  He went undrafted in my 2 re-draft leagues.  I expect that he'll be the first player I cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, AxeElf said:

Unfortunately, the annual shift from laughs at Axe Elf's fantasy football predictions to mealymouthed excuses about why Axe Elf was right again isn't under Axe Elf's control.  It is merely the inexhorable passage of time that effects that change on an annual basis.

So I will keep the laughs coming for as long as I can, but alas, the start of the season is about to end all that, once again...

Yea, you really nailed Hunt not cutting into Chubb’s production down the stretch last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Yea, you really nailed Hunt not cutting into Chubb’s production down the stretch last year.

Chubb out touched Hunt 155-94, once Hunt started playing. The Browns losing games, affected Chubb's production. His lowest touch counts of the season all came in the 4 of the last 5 games they lost. Hunt cost Chubb a reception or two a game, but It's not like he was catching a lot of passes before Hunt was active. If I recall, you were saying Chubb was going to be a bust at the beginning of the season. He finished as overall RB 7 in half ppr. He was second in the NFL in rushing. He averaged 5 yards a carry. I'm not sure why you want to revisit something you got so completely wrong a year later, but here we are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KHunt Definitely cut into Chubbs production.

The last five games of the season we’re very pedestrian for Chubb.  His catches significantly went down.

He averaged 75 yards rush a game for the last five games. He only scored one touchdown during those games.

 

KHunt Became the receiver out of the backfield clearly. He was averaging 50 to 75 yards total a game and had two touchdowns during that five game span.  I don’t believe it was a question of significance as much as there was a difference. 

I believe they will totally split the backfield this year. Chubb will be about 1000 yard rusher with about 5 total

I would put Hunter down for about 750 rushing and 750 receiving with 8 td’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Chubb out touched Hunt 155-94, once Hunt started playing. The Browns losing games, affected Chubb's production. His lowest touch counts of the season all came in the 4 of the last 5 games they lost. Hunt cost Chubb a reception or two a game, but It's not like he was catching a lot of passes before Hunt was active. If I recall, you were saying Chubb was going to be a bust at the beginning of the season. He finished as overall RB 7 in half ppr. He was second in the NFL in rushing. He averaged 5 yards a carry. I'm not sure why you want to revisit something you got so completely wrong a year later, but here we are...

I said he was a DND for me at his ADP.  I didn’t own him in any of my 3 leagues, and it worked out very well for me.  As it turns out, the Chubb owner in all 3 leagues didn’t win the championship.  Because as I said....I didn’t own him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JagFan said:

Yea, you really nailed Hunt not cutting into Chubb’s production down the stretch last year.

You must have me confused with a sub-par prognosticator.  I was axually on the other side of that argument, although I didn't think they would end up being approximately equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Chark 2020 = 1185 yds, 11 tds.  Avoid every other JAX player.   

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what intrigues me is the fact there was rumor of him playing RB. If robinson gets hurt or is ineffective and they have to move Laviska to RB that would be an interesting multi position play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snatchit said:

Cant wait to prove you guys wrong

And I hope you do, and if so, let me know it.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, snatchit said:

This guy will be a top WW PU next Tuesday

I believe so as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in the season, what have you got to lose to pick him up and stash him (if you don't have any sort of cap involved)?  I took Golden Tate as my Mr. Irrelevant pick this season.  With Tate hurting, I'm going to drop him for a potential unknown lottery ticket.  If it doesn't pan out, m'eh, he gets dropped next week.  I like the news of potentially moving to RB when needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drafted him in the 16th in a keeper league. Dude is quick, hopefully he keeps it up all season. 3 for 37yds, 1td, 10 yards rushing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to pick up Shenault or Keelan Cole. Anyone have any insight into the Jags Wr corp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got Cole because Shenault wasn’t available. I’d go with the upside play and LS.

 

Not that I’m mad at having a few shares of Cole, definitely WR 4 status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Jags wr position is very tricky, and one that doesn’t seem one would be able to trust. M

Cole 12 targets 

Shenault 8 targets. 

Conley 8 targets. 

C Johnson 4 targets.  

Chark 7 targets.  

Im surprised by how little targets Chark as had so far, but of his target share starts to grow, three of those other four wr we’ll be worth nothing more then a wr5.  

I think Shenault would be the better pick, he’s been used some in the running game also  

We’ve seen K Cole have some good games, and then fade away , I wouldn’t trust him much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

This week against the Phins is his breakout game. 12 touches 2 tds.

Debating between him or Gage over Gallup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 6:14 PM, The Football Guru said:

Dede Westbrook is supposedly falling out of favor in Duval. If that is the case, it means Chark could push for 150 targets and he's just be assuming about a quarter of Minshew's throws. Shenault could honestly set a record for the number of bubble screens and Wildcat carries a receiver has seen in a season if Westbrook is not going to be a major part of the action. I don't think 25-plus carries and 90 targets is out of the question for him.

I'm getting Shenault quite often in the 15th round of my high-stakes drafts and he's moved up into about the 11th round range on my board.

He got several carries Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Chark out, I'm rolling with LSJ over Landry. I might regret it, but I need Landry and that offense to show me something other than a two headed running attack and mediocre QB play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really looking forward to Chark tearing it up tonight but figures: my WR1 Julio is injured, WR2 Golladay hasn't played a snap so of course Chark, in a great matchip, is OUT for me.

Currently have Julio/Golladay but wondering if I shouldn't start LSJ tonight. The way this season has gone I wouldn't be surprised to see Julio sit. I do have gage just in case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am rolling him over treqan and mike williams as my wr3. I said it before chark went out and I am gonna keep it the same. 12 touches 2 tds and 150 total yards in a breakout. Including 1 long pass that he catches short and takes for a long score. The Jags are a surprisingly good team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I am rolling him over treqan and mike williams as my wr3. I said it before chark went out and I am gonna keep it the same. 12 touches 2 tds and 150 total yards in a breakout. Including 1 long pass that he catches short and takes for a long score. The Jags are a surprisingly good team. 

God I hope you're right. I just put him in my WR2 slot and will revaluate Flex on Sunday. I've got nothing to lose at this point and his ceiling tonight seems quite high. I'd love a 7-75-1 line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

God I hope you're right. I just put him in my WR2 slot and will revaluate Flex on Sunday. I've got nothing to lose at this point and his ceiling tonight seems quite high. I'd love a 7-75-1 line

 Before Robinson broke out there was talk that Laviska may take a time share as WR/RB. The time share has not happened but he does look like the Lightning to Robinsons thunder with 5 carries last game. If he ups his target total with chark out to 7 he could certainly splash against the pathetic phins. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole could cut into these hopeful projections.....he has been getting fed frequently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, AxeElf said:

I tend to avoid players who would be fantasy-irrelevant in 20 team leagues.

you are a special ...Does Mike pay you for the laughs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×