Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Texans @ Chiefs: Predictions

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Again, with the lies but we all know this guy is full of sh1t Hawkeye. Best to ignore cause they are so disappointed with how their life turned out they wish to see others miserable like they are 

You said everything I listed. Suck it up buttercup, you did it to yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You said everything I listed. Suck it up buttercup, you did it to yourself. 

Again, with the lies 

10 hours ago, Strike said:

cmh pees his pants.

Not yet

10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

31-13 chiefs

Texans need td sans ep

10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

31-13 chiefs

:ninja:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why boo that?

It appears that they were silent for 20 seconds for the unity thing but started booing when the woke phrases were shown on the jumbo screens. Maybe Chiefs fans appreciate unity but not empty platitudes designed to divide people. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

One of the ushers just said us and the jags are only teams hosting fans.  The other three or whatever changed their minds.  Is this true?

Collinsworth said something to that effect, that the Chiefs were only one of two teams allowing fans right now.

39 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

You think maybe the broadcast channels are pushing this more than the NFL or players?

We don't know to judge because we aren't watching but we do know that the broadcast channels don't control the uniform, the endzone writing, or the commissioner. I  see it as one hand washing the other even though I am entirely blind to what's going on.

56 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Told you we were better than these a ssholes.  Hope you all listened to me in the betting thread.

Chiefs look even better than last year. CEH will be fun to watch. Great time to be a Chiefs fan.

And on a scale of 1-10 the woke bs was only around a 1.5. I suspect the NFL will treat this like their "we are against beating women" movement a few years ago and it will fade fast after a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Goggins said:

Chiefs look even better than last year. CEH will be fun to watch. Great time to be a Chiefs fan.

Calm down. It’s the first game of the season and the Texans look atrocious 

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Fn garbage td

You're still gonna win.  I hope they get another one, to Fuller, before this is over.

22 minutes ago, Goggins said:

It appears that they were silent for 20 seconds for the unity thing but started booing when the woke phrases were shown on the jumbo screens. Maybe Chiefs fans appreciate unity but not empty platitudes designed to divide people. 

I didn’t see the jumbo screen until they showed it a little bit ago. That makes sense now. 

Switched over during intermissions - was great to see football again. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to watch my Boys Sunday night! :banana:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Switched over during intermissions - was great to see football again. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to watch my Boys Sunday night! :banana:

Indeed it was brother. Can’t help but enjoy it 

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn’t see the jumbo screen until they showed it a little bit ago. That makes sense now. 

I didn't catch that but maybe

1 hour ago, Goggins said:

Reddit lost their minds. It's hilarious. Stuff like "what would you expect from people who would attend a football game in the middle of a pandemic."

Bunch of poosay clowns.

I admit, I watched the kickoff and maybe 10 minutes.  Believe it or not, Al Michaels lying about the crowd noise was the most offensive thing I saw/heard.

27 minutes ago, edjr said:

I admit, I watched the kickoff and maybe 10 minutes.  Believe it or not, Al Michaels lying about the crowd noise was the most offensive thing I saw/heard.

What do you mean he was lying about the crowd noise?

10 hours ago, Goggins said:

Do you know what crap they put up on the screen?

16 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Do you know what crap they put up on the screen?

I didn't catch it.  All the jumbotrons went black for the moment of silence when the players all came together at midfield.  My attention was on the field, then I heard what sounded like some were booing, but my head turned to them rather than what they might have been looking at, i.e. something popping up on the screen.  Literally I missed it and I wasn't sure what the deal was, and I was there.  Honestly, I thought it was all done with a tremendous amount of class, and overall the crowd was supportive and applauded the efforts of unity from the players.

JMO

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I didn't catch it.  All the jumbotrons went black for the moment of silence when the players all came together at midfield.  My attention was on the field, then I heard what sounded like some were booing, but my head turned to them rather than what they might have been looking at, i.e. something popping up on the screen.  Literally I missed it and I wasn't sure what the deal was, and I was there.  Honestly, I thought it was all done with a tremendous amount of class, and overall the crowd was supportive and applauded the efforts of unity from the players.

JMO

I think it said something like, we believe that black lives matter and we believe that all lives matter.  I don't see why that's worth booing but some people have a lot of hate in them.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think it said something like, we believe that black lives matter and we believe that all lives matter.  I don't see why that's worth booing but some people have a lot of hate in them.

I assume they were triggered when they started to read black lives matter even before they read the whole thing.    

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I assume they were triggered when they started to read black lives matter even before they read the whole thing.    

Maybe they were triggered by the all lives matter part? That seems to bother people. 

This is what showed on the jumbotron while the players stood in unity.

Seven phrases developed by players on both teams were displayed on the scoreboard during the moment:

• We Support Equality
  • We Must End Racism
  • We Believe in Justice for All
  • We Must End Police Brutality
  • We Choose Unconditional Love
  • We Believe Black Lives Matter
  • It Takes All of Us

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Seven phrases developed by players on both teams were displayed on the scoreboard during the moment:

• We Support Equality
  • We Must End Racism
  • It Takes All of Us

They reply have to stop saying they want equality. BLM and the police brutality truthers do not want equality.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

They reply have to stop saying they want equality. BLM and the police brutality truthers do not want equality.  

You assume that the players are all BLM and police brutality truthers.

I see nothing wrong with their message.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe they were triggered by the all lives matter part? That seems to bother people. 

Good point.  That is a possibility too.   I don't know why, but that is considered hate speech by the woke folks.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You assume that the players are all BLM and police brutality truthers.

I see nothing wrong with their message.

“We must end police brutality “. They had Floyds name in their helmets. It’s right there. Keep up the good work. 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

Good point.  That is a possibility too.   I don't know why, but that is considered hate speech by the woke folks.  

With this crowd, and probably most NFL stadiums' fans, I assume the BLM may have been the issue.  I think many are fed up with the looting and violence associated with the movement.  Although I certainly realize not everyone involved with the BLM movement, or the reason for its inception has nothing to do with the assault on private property owners demonstrated by a fraction of the group.

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

With this crowd, and probably most NFL stadiums' fans, I assume the BLM may have been the issue.  I think many are fed up with the looting and violence associated with the movement.  Although I certainly realize not everyone involved with the BLM movement, or the reason for its inception has nothing to do with the assault on private property owners demonstrated by a fraction of the group.

I like how they worded it.  They said they believe black lives matter instead of saying they support black lives matter.  One suggests actually thinking that people matter while the other suggests that they support the BLM group.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I like how they worded it.  They said they believe black lives matter instead of saying they support black lives matter.  One suggests actually thinking that people matter while the other suggests that they support the BLM group.

It is nuanced, but most people are not good at catching such nuances.  I can see assuming what they are saying before carefully reading it and seeing what they actually said.  

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Yeah well, you didn’t get the memo. They have a website that says what their goals are. You should maybe go read it. 

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

• We Support Equality
  • We Must End Racism
  • It Takes All of Us

Of course there should be “Justice for all” and of course black lives matter on and on.  JFC 

Everybody loves throwing out these terms.  Virtue signalling to make themselves feel good.  

Nobody has the balls to deep dive though.  Look into some mirrors

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

• We Support Equality
  • We Must End Racism
  • It Takes All of Us

Equality is gay 

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Of course there should be “Justice for all” and of course black lives matter on and on.  JFC 

Everybody loves throwing out these terms.  Virtue signalling to make themselves feel good.  

Nobody has the balls to deep dive though.  Look into some mirrors

I wonder why they didn't come up with "We Must Comply With Police Officers"

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I wonder why they didn't come up with "We Must Comply With Police Officers"

"Please don't resist arrest"