Old School

Buck Aikman don’t like flyovers

:lol:  Libs complain when you buy the plane, then complain when you use it.  I admit they are consistent whiners. 

I'm so sick of these ignorant aholes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Old School said:

:lol:

As wasteful as some people may find the flyovers, they do serve a function. Per Newsweek, they count towards mandatory training that pilots must undergo on a regular basis. They also serve as a major recruiting advertisement for the U.S. Air Force.

Needless to say, Buck and Aikman didn’t exactly get widespread support for their shared hot take. Comments and retweets across the internet are trashing the FOX duo for seemingly disrespecting the troops and showing some ignorance

• Thanks 2

Keep watching the foosball!!! The entire league not only hates most of you, but they hate America.

• Like 1

Right Troy, there were no flyovers during the Obama/Biden years. Another meathead.  Have to laugh about Buck saying “hard earned money”. Never worked a hard day in his life. 

Could have been worse though. Could have got caught Toobin it. 

They proly fly more than 99.99999% of anyone else on the planet.  Aslo, do they think it will be a money saver when Biden continues the globalists agenda and gets us in another foreign war?  Are those free?

Maybe they are right. Harris will disband the military after she's done with the cops.

That military money can be better used to support transgender muslims. Besides we don't need a military when we have the UN.

Just now, DexterM1776 said:

Maybe they are right. Harris will disband the military after she's done with the cops.

No way.  If the Joe/Comma-la ticket wins, those flyovers will be over Kabul and Baghdad.  The Globalists just have to invent a war, which they will do quickly.

Can see that wimpy joe buck being a biden supporter. Aikman obviously took way too many concussions. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right Troy, there were no flyovers during the Obama/Biden years. Another meathead.  Have to laugh about Buck saying “hard earned money”. Never worked a hard day in his life. 

Yeah people are talking about how Joe is “working” 7 straight days. Oh boo whoo. He makes 20 million dollars a year calling games. 

As much as I love seeing a flyover when I'm at a game, it does seem unnecessary and probably even a waste of money.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

As much as I love seeing a flyover when I'm at a game, it does seem unnecessary and probably even a waste of money.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

:lol:

As wasteful as some people may find the flyovers, they do serve a function. Per Newsweek, they count towards mandatory training that pilots must undergo on a regular basis. They also serve as a major recruiting advertisement for the U.S. Air Force.

Needless to say, Buck and Aikman didn’t exactly get widespread support for their shared hot take. Comments and retweets across the internet are trashing the FOX duo for seemingly disrespecting the troops and showing some ignorance

Reading is your friend.  :doh:

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Does the fact that the flyover counts towards mandatory training for pilots and also serves as a recruitment tool sway your opinion?

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Reading is your friend.  :doh:

I did read that.  Not every single flyover is used as mandatory training.  They are mostly used as a recruiting tool.  :doh:

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No problem with that statement. It's the 'biden/harris would never let that happen' statement. BS. it would still happen.

I did read that.  Not every single flyover is used as mandatory training.  They are mostly used as a recruiting tool.  :doh:

Of course, it's used for flight hours which is part of mandatory training. You're as clueless as Buck and Aikman

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Of course, it's used for flight hours which is part of mandatory training. You're as clueless as Buck and Aikman

I know that some are used for legit training but some just get the label of training.  It really doesn't matter what they write it off as in the long run.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I know that some are used for legit training but some just get the label of training.  It really doesn't matter what they write it off as in the long run.

Just so you know. It's ALL training. These guys aren't just fueling up a F-16 and going to the store for some milk.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Just so you know. It's ALL training. These guys aren't just fueling up a F-16 and going to the store for some milk.

No sh1t?

What's the breakdown from the Air Force of the flyover hours that are used for training and those that are wasted hours?

No sh1t?

Yes, no sh1t. When they fly it's not "just get the label of training" as you said. There is a purpose.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What's the breakdown from the Air Force of the flyover hours that are used for training and those that are wasted hours?

Hawkeye is clueless as usual.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I think the main purpose of the flyovers is for marketing themselves.  The fact that they are flying allows them to use it as training hours and anytime it gets brought up as them wasting money they can say it's treated as training.  It's pretty basic business really.  All kinds of business activities happen for one reason but get expensed for as something else like training or advertising.  I do the same thing.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I think the main purpose of the flyovers is for marketing themselves.  The fact that they are flying allows them to use it as training hours and anytime it gets brought up as them wasting money they can say it's treated as training.  It's pretty basic business really.  All kinds of business activities happen for one reason but get expensed for as something else like training or advertising.  I do the same thing.

So what's the breakdown in reality? How many are they calling training hours that are really not? And how many are actual training hours? I figure you have some email or log in to some Air Force training accounting software or something. Give us the exact numbers. 

Just a difference of opinion.

You said you know. If you know it's not an opinion. Tell me which flights are training and which are joy rides?

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So what's the breakdown in reality? How many are they calling training hours that are really not? And how many are actual training hours? I figure you have some email or log in to some Air Force training accounting software or something. Give us the exact numbers. 

I have no idea but I'm using common sense common from a business point of view.  There are times when they have flyovers planned at multiple locations and it's scheduled they happen all in a row.  That's a perfect example of using time well for training and marketing.  There are also times when they only do special flyover for an event which I would consider mostly for marketing purposes only.  When they use the Blue Angles or Golden Knights for events they sometimes have to pay for travel, lodging and meals for certain events.  When they flyover for major events the main purpose is for gaining visibility and marketing purposes.  When it comes to flyovers it's basically a business.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You said you know. If you know it's not an opinion. Tell me which flights are training and which are joy rides?

This is what I said, "I know that some are used for legit training."  How is that incorrect, especially since I was agreeing with you.

If you don't agree with anything I'm saying then do a littles research on flyovers and their purpose for the military.

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

He doesn't know. His feelings tell him to say bad things about the flyovers.

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

He doesn't know. His feelings tell him to say bad things about the flyovers.

I'm not saying bad things about flyovers though.  I even said that I enjoy them.  Some of you go try so hard to make a big deal out of what I say.  Try harder to look at things from more than one side and less time tearing people down when they have a different opinion.

Surprise that Hawkeye doesn’t like displays of American might. Even though he lives under its protection and would be eaten alive without it. 

• Like 1

Without a draft the main recruiting tools of the military are sports and movies. I can't tell you how many fighter pilots I talked to who either joined because of Top Gun or the Blue Angels. It inspired almost all of them.

Same for military ads during games showcasing free education and healthcare. How are we going to recruit with everyone getting free college and healthcare. Damn near impossible. We would have to implement a draft or accept having a weak military. China would love it. Bye bye Taiwan.