mmmmm...beer

Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill That Would Ban Biological Males From Women’s Sports

If a person wants to be transgender whatever I don't care.....sheesh.   The only time I do care are in two situations:

1.  Athletics - see this thread.

2.  Kids - I've read where certain states are making it legal to give hormone blockers to kids BEFORE puberty.  That is child abuse in my eyes.

Other than that, if you are an adult, you do you.  

• Like 1

The bill would prevent organizations which allow biological males to compete against females from receiving federal funding.

“Since its creation, Title IX has been confronted by various challenges, often resulting in nuanced or situational solutions to the circumstances,” reads a press release from the two members of Congress issued Thursday. “This has included considering the fairness of an individual of one sex to play on a team designated for another sex when no such team is available to the individual, such as women’s field hockey or men’s football. This bill protects the sex-based intention of Title IX protections by reaffirming the biological sex-based distinctions between men and women in athletics.”

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

This is the only democrat I could support. 

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I actually would have considered her

Doubt it.  She says mean things about Trump.

47 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

If the "sport" is co-ed (like cheer-leading) then sure, its co-ed.  :unsure:

The irony of it is that competitive cheerleading is co ed because of biological differences.  The stunts wouldn't be possible. The dudes are basically there for girls to stand on. 

53 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

You are so way off on this one.........

She had a year to take a stand, and she does right now?  Something is up and it has nothing to do with boys who want to be girls. 

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

why does that matter?  I only vote on policy

Then you are racist.....:P

26 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

why does that matter?  I only vote on policy

Then I doubt you would've "considered" Gabbert for the presidency.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

if you are an adult, you do you.  

I've done that before I was 18.  If you don't approve... piss off.

40 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The irony of it is that competitive cheerleading is co ed because of biological differences.  The stunts wouldn't be possible. The dudes are basically there for girls to stand on. 

Truth.  Every girl in competitive cheerleading with echo that as well.

41 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

She had a year to take a stand, and she does right now?  Something is up and it has nothing to do with boys who want to be girls. 

My guess is because she's still a Democrat and wants to see a Democrat in office ahead of Trump.  If she started this back in, say February or March, a lot would have been made of this and it could have swung undecided people towards Trump because this is something that Republican's would champion.

1 hour ago, BufordT said:

I am a right leaning Libertarian

if Tulsi ran on 90% of the same policies as Trump I would vote for her

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My guess is because she's still a Democrat and wants to see a Democrat in office ahead of Trump.  If she started this back in, say February or March, a lot would have been made of this and it could have swung undecided people towards Trump because this is something that Republican's would champion.

Gabbert is useful. A High profile person that will sponsor a bill that the rest cannot. The left (and right)  uses these people for high stakes purposes and they do not come cheap. For whatever purpose the nonsense bill was introduced,  Gabbert is profiting handsomely.  Could be a cabinet position,  could be leadership,  or could be juicy committee assignments.  Let's see where she ends up in 6 months.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Gabbert is useful. A High profile person that will sponsor a bill that the rest cannot. The left (and right)  uses these people for high stakes purposes and they do not come cheap. For whatever purpose the nonsense bill was introduced,  Gabbert is profiting handsomely.  Could be a cabinet position,  could be leadership,  or could be juicy committee assignments.  Let's see where she ends up in 6 months.

She's gonna be out on her a$$ in 6 months.  Her term is up, the Dems hate her, and she's not getting a cabinet position.   I'm not sure what world you're living in but it's not the real one.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

She's gonna be out on her a$$ in 6 months.  Her term is up, the Dems hate her, and she's not getting a cabinet position.   I'm not sure what world you're living in but it's not the real one.

Exactly,  Timmah is way off on this one.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Fingers crossed for a p0rn career in 6 months.  :banana:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Exactly,  Timmah is way off on this one.  

Yeah, because so many people care about the sanctity of women's sports. Throw dogs and chimps up against women and no one would notice. The fact they allowed men to go up against them in the first place should show how little people care. 

Im actually surprised you guys support this.

I would vote against it.

I am forced to accept Bruce Jenner as a woman.  Forced to.  No choice in the matter.  The parents of 6 year boys that play with dolls thinking their son is really a woman wanted this.
The parents that give their teens hormone blockers wanted this.  If he is a woman, he is a woman..In all cases.  No exceptions.  We have been told this over and ver

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Im actually surprised you guys support this.

I would vote against it.

I am forced to accept Bruce Jenner as a woman.  Forced to.  No choice in the matter.  The parents of 6 year boys that play with dolls thinking their son is really a woman wanted this.
The parents that give their teens hormone blockers wanted this.  If he is a woman, he is a woman..In all cases.  No exceptions.  We have been told this over and ver

I am confused. People here support the bill because they want to exclude trannies from competing in women's sports. In other word they don't want to be forced to accept trannies as women in at least this instance if not others. How is your position different than everyone else's? 

17 hours ago, BufordT said:

If you had been around for the early Dem debates where Gabbard was still included, there was widespread positive reviews of her performance this forum and this sentiment was common. I think her foreign policy is exceptional. Also her integrity and unwillingness to play ball with the establishment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I am confused. People here support the bill because they want to exclude trannies from competing in women's sports. In other word they don't want to be forced to accept trannies as women in at least this instance if not others. How is your position different than everyone else's? 

'm saying it has to go further. If the left wants trannies, then they have to deal with everything that brings.  Including men competing in women's sports.  You can't have it both ways.

Just now, supermike80 said:

'm saying it has to go further. If the left wants trannies, then they have to deal with everything that brings.  Including men competing in women's sports.  You can't have it both ways.

So you do indeed want the same thing the left wants, meaning transgender women competing against women? I'd read your post as you being unwilling to accept these standards. Personally, I like KSB's post at the top of the page as the furthest point I am willing to go with this which is already far beyond my comfort level. I'd like to retract things further.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

So you do indeed want the same thing the left wants, meaning transgender women competing against women? I'd read your post as you being unwilling to accept these standards. Personally, I like KSB's post at the top of the page as the furthest point I am willing to go with this which is already far beyond my comfort level. I'd like to retract things further.

I think transgenderism is a mental disorder, but if the left is going to force it on me, then they have to accept it all.  Including transgendered women playing in women's sports.  

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I think transgenderism is a mental disorder, but if the left is going to force it on me, then they have to accept it all.  Including transgendered women playing in women's sports.  

Your "they" means the rest of us because the real "they" already like it and already support it fully.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Your "they" means the rest of us because the real "they" already like it and already support it fully.

Not sure of your point but here is what I mean.  I don;t think "they" have accepted it at all.  "They" are accepting transgenderism, but woke females are whining after a man they supported becoming a woman, now wants to play on their basketball team and they get butthurt.

Well thats just too bad

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It is, or at least it was until like 10 minutes ago, science referred to it as Gender Dysphoria.

But see what the person "feels" is now elevated above science, because accepting something false is an imperative where peoples feeling might be hurt.

25 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Not sure of your point but here is what I mean.  I don;t think "they" have accepted it at all.  "They" are accepting transgenderism, but woke females are whining after a man they supported becoming a woman, now wants to play on their basketball team and they get butthurt.

Well thats just too bad

Woke females aren't whining as is obvious since they're thrilled and are the ones pushing this. The dingb*tch that came in second to Rachel McKinnon was perfectly fine withe losing to him. Third place not so much. It's the real females like her and the rest of us who are whining (your term) and having to live in the woke world.

Although I oppose it on principal, in this particular instance it's also personal. My eldest daughter runs competitively (very successfully, she's quite athletically gifted racking up wins locally across various sports and I'm quite proud of her) but were she not, I would still oppose this on behalf of everyone else's daughter. I don't want her experience to be just a perk of living overseas. We shouldn't just just roll over and let the tranny activists win because we as parents of girls want to be inclusive and not fight.

27 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Woke females aren't whining as is obvious since they're thrilled and are the ones pushing this. The dingb*tch that came in second to Rachel McKinnon was perfectly fine withe losing to him. Third place not so much. It's the real females like her and the rest of us who are whining (your term) and having to live in the woke world.

Although I oppose it on principal, in this particular instance it's also personal. My eldest daughter runs competitively (very successfully, she's quite athletically gifted racking up wins locally across various sports and I'm quite proud of her) but were she not, I would still oppose this on behalf of everyone else's daughter. I don't want her experience to be just a perk of living overseas. We shouldn't just just roll over and let the tranny activists win because we as parents of girls want to be inclusive and not fight.

I dont have a daughter in women's sports so I don't have the same feelings as you do on this topic.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Dumb

On 12/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, DonS said:

I'd gladly help her out in trying to reproduce. 

And I would gladly watch via Google Hangouts and offer comments if solicited.  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Mookz said:

And I would gladly watch via Google Hangouts and offer comments if solicited.  :thumbsup:

I'm sure one comment would be:

"Done already?" 

:ninja:

The woke females that want to push this garbage on women's sports are the same ones that don't play sports.  Isn't that crazy?  My wife is the same way - she don't play sports so she don't care!  Woke agendas are great as long as they don't affect you!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The woke females that want to push this garbage on women's sports are the same ones that don't play sports.  Isn't that crazy?  My wife is the same way - she don't play sports so she don't care!  Woke agendas are great as long as they don't affect you!

Nailed it

Edit: Reminds me of a conversation I had with my wife during Kavanaugh and the height of #believallwomen hysteria.  She of course thought these women were "brave".  I asked her if all of it made her worried about someone one day making unsubstantiated claims against our son and destroying his life.  Yeah, she didn't have an answer to that one. 

• Like 1

I heard something along time ago on Rogan, something to the effect, that a tranny dude after a year of estrogen therapy treatment still will have 3x as much testosterone as a chick who juices

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I heard something along time ago on Rogan, something to the effect, that a tranny dude after a year of estrogen therapy treatment still will have 3x as much testosterone as a chick who juices

If he cuts off his junk, then he still has 10x the T of a female. 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, KSB2424 said:

If a person wants to be transgender whatever I don't care.....sheesh.   The only time I do care are in two situations:

1.  Athletics - see this thread.

2.  Kids - I've read where certain states are making it legal to give hormone blockers to kids BEFORE puberty.  That is child abuse in my eyes.

Other than that, if you are an adult, you do you.  

In general I agree, but transgender people have in illness just like people with multiple personalities, bipolar, anorexia etc... Those people need help. Instead we are encouraging it. You wouldn't tell and anorexic they aren't thin enough. Yet people celebrate injecting drugs to stunt their natural bodies and mutalating themselves by cutting their d1cks off. There is a reason 50% of them kill themselves and it's not because they are normal. They need help and the way we are heading they'll never get it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2020 at 10:55 PM, supermike80 said:

I dont have a daughter in women's sports so I don't have the same feelings as you do on this topic.

Your answers are always maddening and enlightening at the same time. We seem like we should be political allies but we're not. I do affirm my previous statement of mutual respect that I know and appreciate that you have extended to me as well. So I know it's nothing personal.

I know President Trump rubs you the wrong way and so you hold your nose on a bunch of things you find less intolerable. Although I was never a Democrat, I had been an independent voter leaning that way until he came along. And so when people like me entered the Republican Party, people like you headed for the exits. For me it took a while to get there too, it wasn't even until year two that I really warmed to him. Year one, it looked like we had a stupider and more obnoxious version of Jeb! and at the time, I'd as soon have had Hillary than Jeb!

As for this issue an this thread, despite my explicitly stating that my position isn't just for my daughter but for all girls, you only focus on the fact that I have an athletic daughter as the reason for my disagreement with this policy. In fact, whether it's a game I play in my free time or if it's a political discussion, I seldom advocate for policies that are in my best interest, but instead always for the greater good and best interests of all. You just can't see that because you have a different approach. Maybe you think it must be because of my daughter because that's how it would be for you. Perhaps you think that if I had a transgender child, I would see things differently. It's not and I wouldn't. Whatever I would be doing with a hypothetical tranny non-son, making excuses for him to compete in sports against real girls would not be one of them.

On whatever level, I see through the prism on what's best for the community or the country or the planet. Being overseas in China, actually Joe Biden would have made a far better choice for me personally than President Trump. They hate him over here. I put the best interests of the country ahead of my own in supporting President Trump.

You aren't the cause of the problem, MIke. You aren't advocating for transgenders in women's sports in this thread. In others, you don't advocate for kneeling during the national anthem, you don't hate cops, you don't loot stores, you don't hate white people, you don't stuff the ballot box with fake votes. The rope around Thomas Jefferson's statue wasn't attached to your pickup truck. Twitter censorship isn't your idea. You are a reasonable person and a country of 100% supermike80s would be a fine place to live peopled by good productive, people. 

So you're smart, well informed and engaged. You're also reasonable which seems to me that when the right and left butt heads, it seems to me it'd be a default right position you ought to take. But that's not the case as I come to realize with your posts. You stand there and pay attention but without actually taking a side. Stuff makes perfect sense and you don't or won't see it that way. Or you do see it but won't help or do anything about it. 

It's not that you're actively harming anything, you'll agree, you'll criticize, but it's all passive. There's the impression that you sympathize with us but you don't have our backs, won't help, and we have to deal with the problem ourselves and understand that the cavalry isn't coming. You hate President Trump, so you're OK with all this other sh*t.

This position of "transgenders participating in women's sports is bad and wrong but we should let them" is just so typical. "I don't like Matt Stafford kneeling on Thanksgiving, but that's his prerogative, let him" is more of the same. In Wayne County, they ran out of ballots to count, then chased the Republican observers out of the room, put up cardboard on the windows, vans arrive at the back door of renamed Cobo Hall with wagons full of suitcases and two hours later 135K Biden votes materialize... who cares?

I was a Republican in High School during the Reagan years but too young to vote and then soured on Daddy bush such that, until Trump came along, I'd not voted Republican at the national level except for Spencer Abraham's senate runs. I did vote GOP more often than not for state offices but never for President. If you can't make common cause with the deplorables, this cr@p is on your head.

• Like 1